Image(s) inside There's no need for us to rush it through, ohhh
7 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
She's making it clap, just for Boxden
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Not even a fan of Rihanna but....
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the ho..
271 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #1261
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 Black_Deuce said:
thanks Ra and Cap Peeler... yall steppin ya games up I see

Rakim should be a fu*king MOD by now, but instead we get Ohio State Suckeyes fan AKA DJ Max...
...........I would comment but Penn State barely being over .500 in Big 10 play since 2000 says enough.:D

Back to Miami though. I'm surprised. There doesn't seem to be that usual one or two recruits (big time) that have both Miami and Ohio State high on their list this early in the game.

Anyway, best of luck with the recruiting class this year. Ohio State is off to a GREAT start.
 11 years ago '05        #1262
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
keep your slimey recruiters out of florida :finger: :finger: :finger:

you havent had much luck down here anyways :rasta:
Last year:

#12 CB James Scott (offers from Auburn, Alabama, Florida, LSU, etc)
#6 WLB Brian Rolle (offers from Florida, LSU, Nebraska, etc)

....we do "okay" down there for a nothern school with great instate talent of it's own. :)
 11 years ago '04        #1263
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,970 | Props total: 2776 2776
 Y2Luda said:
Last year:

#12 CB James Scott (offers from Auburn, Alabama, Florida, LSU, etc)
#6 WLB Brian Rolle (offers from Florida, LSU, Nebraska, etc)

....we do "okay" down there for a nothern school with great instate talent of it's own. :)
tressel does a good job of recruiting down south
getting florida talent will be tougher in the years to come, tho
 11 years ago '04        #1264
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,371 | Props total: 3343 3343
Is it weird that I dislike every team from the State of Florida except for the U?
 11 years ago '04        #1265
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:
Is it weird that I dislike every team from the State of Florida except for the U?
extra strange
you need to go see a shrink, pronto:sleepy:
 11 years ago '04        #1266
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 madness said:
extra strange
you need to go see a shrink, pronto:sleepy:
I majored in psychology... Does that count?
 11 years ago '04        #1267
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:
I majored in psychology... Does that count?
eh, u get a pass
now i just gotta convert u into a heat fan:D
 11 years ago '04        #1268
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 madness said:
eh, u get a pass
now i just gotta convert u into a heat fan:D
Wont happen...... I been a hater of the Heat for many years.. its not a recent thing..
I think it might stem from my dislike for Pat Riley...
 04-16-2007, 09:37 PM         #1269
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
...........I would comment but Penn State barely being over .500 in Big 10 play since 2000 says enough.:D

Back to Miami though. I'm surprised. There doesn't seem to be that usual one or two recruits (big time) that have both Miami and Ohio State high on their list this early in the game.

Anyway, best of luck with the recruiting class this year. Ohio State is off to a GREAT start.
yea so... its been tough as of lately but thats because our starting passer looks and acts (plays) like he is 12 years old
 11 years ago '04        #1270
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 str8_akademiks said:
That's good. I'm from the State of Florida and i dislike every team with the exception of Miami. I think Rakim and CRIP feel the same too

Back to the conversation about OSU getting FLorida recruits, well OSU has always done okay down here, since Tressel took over. I remember back in 02, the national championship team had like 4 starters from Florida.
 04-16-2007, 09:44 PM         #1271
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Florida Recruits>>>Ohio Recruits

comment that
 11 years ago '05        #1272
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
tressel does a good job of recruiting down south
getting florida talent will be tougher in the years to come, tho
We'll see. Ohio State is going to get the top Olineman out of Florida this year as well......

Black_Deuce said:

yea so... its been tough as of lately but thats because our starting passer looks and acts (plays) like he is 12 years old
It's more than that.

Black_Deuce said:
Florida Recruits>>>Ohio Recruits

comment that
That's true. But not entirely accurate.........

Florida Recruits (w/ Miami, FSU, and UF all f!ghting for them) <<<<< Ohio State (with no in state competition)

Last edited by Y2Luda; 04-17-2007 at 05:55 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #1273
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 17, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Hurricane coaches weren't happy to see the team's two top running back performers this spring go down due to injury.

[pic - click to view]

True freshman Graig Cooper missed the final week of the spring with a broken pinkie, and Javarris James injured his ankle and knee in the spring game. UM has not provided an update on James's injury status, although James said after the game that it was not serious.

The good news from the spring was the emergence of Cooper, who showed in 10 practices that he could be a major breakaway threat.

Showing a burst that players said is reminiscent of Devin Hester, Cooper was arguably the biggest spring standout. He continually broke off long runs and showed excellent vision and moves.

Perhaps his best run: In one practice early-on Cooper took a pitch in 11-on-11 drills, was bottled up and then reversed field. He broke free and outran the entire defense untouched for a 60-yard touchdown.

He showed enough that the offense began showing formations with Cooper and James lined up together in the backfield.

Who might get more carries down the road?

"We'll let that take care of itself, kind of sort itself out," first-year running backs coach Tommie Robinson said. "We'll try to do the best job we can to utilize our talent. We'll get them on the field and get them carries, get them touches. That stuff normally works itself out. Coach Nix and I, the offensive staff, will get together and come up with a plan that will be conducive to win and it'll be what's best for those kids."

With Cooper on board it appears Charlie Jones, Derron Thomas and Kylan Robinson will have a tough time getting sizable carries in the fall, although coaches praised Jones as stepping up in the 14 practices.

Robinson, who has coached Tatum Bell, Emmitt Smith and Ladainian Tomlinson, says he likes what he's seen from all of UM's backs.

"We have some guys here with NFL potential," he said. "They all have different things. Charlie Jones is savvy, is a savvy back like an Emmitt Smith. Graig Cooper is explosive. We had Tatum Bell at Oklahoma State and he was explosive like Cooper. Javarris James, he's kind of an in between a Charlie Jones and a Graig Cooper. He can do a little bit of everything, isn't quite as fast or explosive as Cooper, has a lot of savvy about him. He's a good back, a workhorse like Tomlinson -- not talentwise, but he works like LT when we had LT in school. You find some similarities to guys you've coached in the past somewhere when you've been coaching as long as I've been coaching."

Thomas and Robinson are currently buried on the depth chart.

"Kylan is still learning," Tommie Robinson said. "He's to the point right now where he's still learning, him being a younger kid. The difference between him and Cooper is Cooper went to that prep school [Milford Prep in New York] and he played. Kylan didn't. Cooper's got a little experience under his belt. Kylan, he's coming along, has a lot of talent. They did a great job recruiting that kid. If he keeps coming, he'll be fine. He may be a future guy. I really like him."

At fullback a disappointment was James Bryant, who missed several practices due to academic issues.

But Jerrell Mabry stepped up his play -- he had a nice 35-yard catch and run for a touchdown in UM's first spring scrimmage -- and H-backs Dedrick Epps and Chris Zellner are also serviceable at the position.

"Our fullbacks have to be multiple players -- blockers, pass catchers, be able to run the ball here and there, but not a lot," Robinson said. "They have to be very versatile and very physical. I'm not disappointed with what we have. We'll use our tight ends sometimes at fullback, so we have a lot of bodies to work with. But Jerrell Mabry is doing a really good job for us, a really good job."

The tailback position will also benefit in the summer with the arrivals of freshmen Shawnbrey McNeal and Lee Chambers.
 11 years ago '04        #1274
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 17, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Greg Shaw bio

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

[pic - click to view]

Miami (FL) Monsignor Pace High School OT Greg Shaw says he received a Miami offer a week-and-a-half ago.

"I was surprised it came," he said.

The reason he was surprised?

He says last year coaches Art Kehoe and Mario Cristobal were recruiting him hard.

But he says he hasn't spoken to any coaches on the current staff.

"I'm trying to meet coach [Randy] Shannon," Shaw said. "I don't know when we'll meet. Maybe at the (summer) camp."

Shaw says he's interested in Miami, and he now lists 18 scholarship offers including Florida, FSU and Louisville, where brother Willie Williams plays.

Shaw and Williams, a former Cane signee, speak regularly.

"He says don't get big-headed," Shaw said. "He says Miami has a great conditioning program and that Louisville is a nice environment, that all the facilities are real close."

If Shaw has any questions about the UM program, he won't have to look far to get answers. His line coach at Pace is former Miami offensive lineman Joel Rodriguez.

"Greg is very, very good," says Rodriguez, who is a former Pace graduate. "He's probably going to end up the best lineman ever to come out of Pace. He's so big and he's very athletic and he's going to pretty much as good as he wants to be. He has things naturally you can't teach. You can't teach a guy to be 6-5, have arms down to his knees. He takes coaching very well. The thing he's lacking in is he's not the greatest technician in the world because he's only been on the line a year or two. We'll work on that this spring."

Shaw is being recruited for offense by every school except one -– "Tennessee wants me on the defensive line," he says. Last year Shaw had 12 tackles and four sacks playing sparingly on defense.

Shaw says he expects to make a decision late in the recruiting process.

"It's going to be hard," Shaw said. "It's the next four years you have to worry about."
 04-17-2007, 12:24 PM         #1275
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If Shaw has any questions about the UM program, he won't have to look far to get answers. His line coach at Pace is former Miami offensive lineman Joel Rodriguez.

And fu*k Willie that rat bastard, crying cause we wouldn't start him.
 11 years ago '04        #1276
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
April 16, 2007
Position Breakdowns: LB
When Micheal Barrow took the job as Miami's linebacker coach the first thing he did was sit down with film of last season's games and evaluated the play of the group he inherited as if he were an NFL scout.

The former UM and NFL standout took note of their strengths and their weaknesses from that film, then challenged each to improve their game in one specific aspect during the spring. When it was all over Barrow said he's positive he got the desired results.

"This spring all of them have been doing good, not just [Glenn] Cook and Colin [McCarthy]. Spencer Adkins has picked his game up. Eric Houston has picked his game up. So has Tavares Gooden. I'm really satisfied with all of them," Barrow said. "I'm sad for Demetri Stewart because he got hurt, but before then he was getting better."

Outside of Cook, who is the quarterback of Miami's defense, there is no lock for a starting spot in that unit. And even Cook's starter status is written in pencil, especially if he doesn't add some physicality to his smart play. But Cook's too valuable to Miami's defense to keep off the field because he gets everyone lined up in the right spots, which makes him the all important coordinator on the field.

Where Cook plays - middle or outside - will be determined this spring based on the progress of McCarthy and Darryl Sharpton, who missed the spring because of a lingering shoulder injury he had repaired.

Without question missing practice time will slow down the redshirted sophomore's development. While Sharpton started off last season slow in the productivity department, and was even a liability at times when he initially became the starting middle linebacker, he finished STRONG, recording 23 tackles in UM's last three games. But that doesn't guarantee he'll inherit the starting spot in the fall.

"I expect all my guys to compete. We didn't sign you here to be a backup. I expect all my guys to come in and compete for a starting spot," Barrow said. "If you don't have that mindset then you are at the wrong place. When I was here if a guy even goes for a water break you were in danger of losing your job. Our whole thing here is everybody has to prove it everyday you step on the field. Practices need to be harder than the game so everybody has to bring it everyday."

McCarthy, a true sophomore, is pushing for a starting spot on the outside. From what I'm told he probably would have started at some point last season if he didn't hurt himself in the Duke game. McCarthy is a fast learner and has a high football I.Q. He was working alongside Cook in the nickel package this spring, and as I've explained to U that's the most important group on defense because they play about 50-to-60 percent of the snaps.

"I feel more confident than I did last year. Last year I was just trying to pick up the basic stuff. Now I'm trying to get more in-depth as far as knowing my job and the other jobs to make myself better," McCarthy said.

I initially expected Gooden, a senior, to lock-down that nickel spot alongside Cook this spring, returning to the starting position he held in 2004 when he recorded 83 tackles, which was third best on the team. But something continues to hold the former St. Thomas Aquinas standout back. Gooden suffered minor - but problematic - injuries during the spring but continued to push through them because he knows how important this last year is for him.

He's the most athletically blessed linebacker of the group but I'm told he needs to improve his film study habits, which will help him become more instinctive. He runs a sub-4.5 in the 40 but plays like a 4.7 athlete because he spends too much time diagnosing the play. UM fans better hope Barrow can help him become a finished product. But Barrow is a rookie coach so there will be plenty of learning to do. But the upside is there.

"I'm happy they listen to what I say and are coachable....I told them as a player I always had this mindset of C.O.B.T.B. I got it from Alonzo Highsmith when I was here and it means committed on being the best. As a coach I say, 'I'm C.O.H.Y.B.T.B. Committed on helping you be the best that you can be,'" Barrow said. "What I want guys to do is come in, be hard workers and be committed on being the best. If they have that attitude then good things will happen."

When asked why he's so surprised at how receptive his players been considering his college and NFL credentials, Barrow said not everyone is as receptive to learning and receiving guidance as he's been throughout his career.

"I'm a little different. I'll listen to a high school guy that's doing well. If I see anybody that's doing well I'll humble myself. I don't go in with the attitude I'm Mike Barrow, I played 13 years in the NFL," he said. "I can learn from anybody. If anybody is doing something effective, I don't care what level you are on I don't have a problem asking you, 'How do you do this, can you explain something to me.' I'm always trying to learn and that's what I tell my guys. If you go in with a humble attitude and are always committed on being the best....Every day you are either going to get better or worse. You will never remain the same."

I suspect Romeo Davis won't play this season because he's got a redshirt year to burn and a serious knee injury to overcome. ACL tears usually take at least 11 months for an athlete to get back on track and if that's accurate Davis won't be ready to play until mid-October so why waste his final year. But then again, you never know.

A year ago about this time I heard that Sharpton and Adkins were ready to turn the corner. While Sharpton did, Adkins didn't, and I'm not sure how much of that has to do with him missed most of last season with a leg injury. He had a quiet spring, but could turn it on in the fall.

Everyone else in that unit is a mystery, and probably destined to be a career special teamer. But you never know who can resurrect themselves like Darrell McClover did in 2003, especially now that there's a new position coach. You saw what happened when Marcus Maxey was given a fresh start.

For the record, I'd like to admit I was officially wrong about Miami's plans for Georgia signee Allen Bailey. Despite the fact he's somewhere around 6-foot-4, 260 pounds the Hurricanes PRESENLY plan on playing him at linebacker - middle linebacker at that - because of his supposedly "off the charts athleticism."

I initially thought Bailey was TOO BIG for the position but have been told he would be if he wasn't such a "freakish athlete" and "doesn't play stiff." However, there must be some concern amongst the coaches about how much weight Bailey will put on in his freshman season. UM can't expect the guy to be on a diet his whole career, but the bottom line is he's an athlete the Hurricanes are REALLY excited about having, and experimenting with come the fall.

G.A.G.T.G.
 11 years ago '05        #1277
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
thats really all you've gotten down here in the last 5 years and that players was from jacksonville, so you really robbed him from florida

im not saying your not a force down here but it is what it is

good luck with shaw, im happy with the O line we have/projected to get

We aren't a force by any means, but the only players in 5 years?

'04:

#24 WR Albert Dukes. Should see time this year....

'05:

#19 RB Maurice Wells. Our #2 RB behind the #1 rated Chris Wells of two recruiting classes ago.

...and a couple others in '06 (too early to tell how big of a recruiting coup that will be)....and the '02 class had Santonio and Nate Salley.....

Again, we aren't a force by any means....but we seem to get a few "diamonds in the rough" and then every couple of years we snag a "bigger fish" like this year when we get Michael Brewster.
 11 years ago '04        #1278
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,840 | Props total: 4115 4115
Film on 07 Recruit Kayne Farquharson

[pic - click to view]

11 years ago '04        #1279
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 18, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Coral Springs (FL) Academy TE Bo Reliford is a new name to Hurricane recruitniks.

But not to the University of Miami staff.

Reliford received a verbal offer last year from former coach Larry Coker.

And a month ago he says he received a written offer signed by Randy Shannon.

He planned to commit on the spot, but he didn't have the football office phone number.

And it's a good thing, because after talking with his family he decided to hold off on making anything official.

"My mom said to wait and hold off to the end of the year and see what happens then," Reliford said. "Miami, that's where I plan on going. My mom always wanted me to go there and it's closer to home, so it's more convenient for everyone. I like the school a lot."

Reliford lists other offers from Mississippi, Alabama and Wisconsin.

A 6-foot-7, 220-pounder, he didn't play high school football until last season. He played only basketball as a freshman and sophomore, and he averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds last season.

Reliford spent his first two-and-a-half years at Chaminade-Madonna, transferring to Coral Springs Academy for this past semester.

He plans to be back at Chaminade-Madonna for his senior year.

"I'd played football when I was younger but then I was over weight [limits]," Reliford said. "The [Chaminade-Madonna] coaches said I should come out and play football, asked if I played before. I said when I was younger –- I tried out and found out I liked it."

He began last year at tight end but, after learning the offense, moved to receiver by Game 4.

He projects as a tight end at Miami.

Last year he had seven touchdown catches.

Reliford is still working on qualifying academically –- he lists a 2.4 grade-point average but says he got a 3.6 this past semester. He hasn't taken the ACT yet. He says he would like to play two sports at Miami but is not currently being recruited for basketball by the Canes.
 11 years ago '04        #1280
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 18, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Matt Patchan bio

Seffner (FL) Armwood High School OL Matt Patchan has plenty of college options already.

[pic - click to view]

He currently lists 61 scholarship offers. And he's narrowed it down "to about 15."

He says after spring practice he will whittle the list down to five or seven lucky schools.

He says Miami "has very good odds" of being among the final five.

He lists his current top schools as Miami, Florida, Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, Notre Dame, USC, LSU and Georgia.

What factors are going into his final decision?

"I want to make sure I have a good relationship with my position and strength coach, make sure there's a lot of talent around me on both sides of the ball, O line and D line," Patchan said. "And I want to be looking for a national title and I want to play both ways in college."

That last part is a bit unusual, of course.

But Patchan wants to make sure he attends a college where the coach is willing to let him play offensive line as well as defensive line in games.

"The way I want to do it is earn my spot one way and work in the other way in third down situations, whatever it is," Patchan said. "I want to get to the point where depending on who we play I would work in and do the whole series vs. that team and do as much as I could, take a breather and then come back in."

Patchan says schools are offering him scholarships for offense and defense.

"LSU wants me at defensive end; Miami, Florida and a lot of others are looking at me as an offensive tackle," Patchan said.

Last year while playing at Tampa Freedom High School, Patchan had 99 tackles. He begged his father, who is the team's defensive coordinator, for that extra tackle. It didn't happen.

"I reviewed every tape and counted them all up again and it was 99," Patchan said.

He also had eight sacks, 21 tackles for losses, four forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries.

On offense he graded out at 94 percent.

The next best on the team?

Sixty-seven percent.

Patchan's father is a wildcard that could help swing Patchan in Miami's favor down the road. Matt Patchan Sr. played offensive line for Miami from 1983-87. He has a pair of Hurricane championship rings at home.

"He's looking at the colleges trying to decide which one is best for me, too," Patchan said. "He said he played with a bunch of great guys at Miami."

Patchan Sr. was coached by Art Kehoe, who left UM on bad terms. And Patchan Sr. and Kehoe are still in regular contact.

"Coach Kehoe thinks Miami is one of the greatest programs there is," Patchan Jr. said. "He was just caught up in the wrong time with the wrong system."

Patchan is being recruited by new UM line coach Jeff Stoutland.

"I like coach Stoutland," Patchan said. "He's great technique-wise and I've been talking to him and like him.

"And I like coach (Andreu) Swasey also. He's a good coach."

Patchan says he talks to a coach at Miami "at least once a day."

He says he's also in regular contact with coaches from other schools.

How does he find any free time during the day?

Patchan has a simple answer.

"I don't," he says.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 23 - Woman goes missing after posting about upcoming Tinder date
51 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Why she look like she just raped these kids
113 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 23 - Gangs allowed to prisoners to kill people and have sex with o..
68 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Tekashi69 First show in NYC (Sold Out Venue)
38 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Manute Bol reportedly lied about his age and may have been 50yrs old when ..
63 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
It's the year 1993 & these niggas knew what they were doing. They knew & did i..
59 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Chris Tucker:Ice Cube Mad Cause I Ain’t Wanna Do Friday 2, U Ain't Pay ..
155 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA This the chick that slid in klay Thompson DM
87 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy