squad up!

Miami Hurricanes

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1576
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$18,704 | Props total: 6877 6877
that news on Aldarius Johnson is old news...we all knew he had some issues he needs to work out a while ago.

kid will be a Cane bank on it.

if not i will eat crow.

11 years ago '04        #1577
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Echos of Santana
Recruiting Update

By Allen Wallace
National Recruiting Editor
Posted Jun 19, 2007

Travis Benjamin favors Miami solidly over LSU, Florida, Florida State and Ohio State. He says he grew up following the 'Canes. "They were always a great team and I liked how they played as one and had great team unity," Benjamin said. "They have great history overall. It's a nice private school and they have good academics. I also like the new coaches too. They seem really honest..."

Travis Benjamin, the 5-foot-11, 160-pound wide receiver from Glades Central High School in Belle Glade, Fla., finished his junior season with 30 receptions for 700 yards and 15 touchdowns. "My speed and leaping ability are my strengths," Benjamin said. "I'm also very agile and I like to think I'm like Santana Moss.

"I want to get more physical and be more aggressive with the ball."

Benjamin benches 205 pounds, squats 305 and has a 34-inch vertical jump. He runs the forty in 4.45.

His first scholarship offer was from Mississippi in November and he said he also has offers from Miami, LSU and Auburn.

Benjamin favors Miami solidly over LSU, Florida, Florida State and Ohio State. He says he grew up following the 'Canes. "They were always a great team and I liked how they played as one and had great team unity," Benjamin said. "They have great history overall. It's a nice private school and they have good academics. I also like the new coaches too. They seem really honest."

The 'Canes are less than two hours from his house, while the Gators and Seminoles are about four to five hours away. "I'm hearing from both of them, but we haven't talked about offering yet," he said.

Benjamin says he may go to a few camps this summer, however, he doesn't have any scheduled yet. "I really want a chance to play early," he said. "I need to check out their depth chart and see who they have and what they need. Hopefully, I'll make my decision by the middle of the season."

Recently, Benjamin visited LSU and came away impressed by the Tigers. "I went there like two weeks ago and I really like the staff," Benjamin said. "We really got along well. I also like the location because it's by the river and very nice."

Another school that Benjamin said he'd really like to visit is Ohio State. "They have a great program and produce great players," he said. "They are always competing for the national championship and I'd like to visit them and see what it's like there. I don't care about the distance and my parents said that it's my decision."

He is also recruited to run track, but says he'll "stick with football." Benjamin runs the 100m (10.6) and the 400m (48.8).

Benjamin reports a 2.8 core GPA and a 17 ACT.

Film:

11 years ago '04        #1578
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Florida LB Names Favorite
Lerentee McCray
Lerentee McCray

[pic - click to view]

By Mike Bakas

Posted Jun 19, 2007

Dunnellon High standout Lerentee McCray is one of the top linebacker prospects in the state of Florida this year and he talked about the latest.

Lerentee McCray is enjoying his summer so far.

"Things are going good," McCray said. "We have a passing tournament tomorrow. I've been doing a lot of stuff with my team, getting ready for the season."

McCray, 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds, took an unofficial visit to Florida over the weekend.

"Me and my uncle went there on Saturday," he said. "We just went to hang out, see how things were going. We got shown around the campus and I was basically with Coach Strong all day. Coach Mullen is my recruiting coach but Coach Strong's my position coach. The visit went very well. That's a good school."

Despite the good visit to the nearby program, McCray names another school his current favorite.

"Right now Miami is on top," he said. "That's my dream school and I'm liking them more than the rest right now. Just the coaching staff, everything. Overall, they're my top school."

McCray, who visited Florida State earlier this month, said he plans on taking two more visits later this summer.

"My coach is probably gonna take me up to visit LSU and Auburn sometime next month," he said. "I wanna check these schools out before I take my official visits to see where I really wanna go for those."

11 years ago '04        #1579
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 madness said
man, liberty city is a slum within a slum...but you know a lotta of them cats been playin ball together since they were jits at optimist
yeh that's right... ain't goin lie, playing against the west at Traz powell is one helluva thrill... about 10 thousand people show up, mad crowds and everything... i remember playing them my junior year in high school, we almost beat them, score was 10-7 and everything, but oh well.. always had respect for them really.

11 years ago '04        #1580
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
une 20, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Randy Shannon has already landed 10 commitments for the Class of 2008.

And two of the more recent commits – Jordan Futch and Jacory Harris – are working together to make sure the rest of the class fills out as strongly as possible.

Futch says he is working hard on 10 recruits to try and get them to UM
"I just got off the phone with Jordan," Harris said. "We're trying to get guys to come to Miami with us. We just talk about how great things are in the future, how everything's going to turn out good if all of us decide to go to this one place, how we can bring Miami back to the old days."

For his part, Futch says he's after 10 recruits to choose UM. And he says there are "three top, top playes from right here down in Miami" that he thinks are already planning to come.

He's not identifying the players to preserve their right to announce when they are ready.

"I'm working pretty strong, telling guys to come along with me," Futch said. "The selling point is that family environment where everyone's together. It's not only just one offense and one defense; it's a whole family-oriented team."

What kind of feedback is Futch getting when he sells fellow recruits on the Miami program?

"It looks like everyone wants to come on board," Futch said. "It's just a case of people keeping their options open right now. There's a lot of great programs out there. At the same time a lot of them are very, very interested in us."

He says, of the 10 recruits he's working on hardest, "I'd say eight for sure come to Miami."

If you played the `Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' game with Futch or Harris, about every top player in Broward and Dade County would be represented.

"My mom's best friend is Jacory's aunt, and I played on the same Optimist team with Aldarius (Johnson)," Futch said. "I played against Brandon Harris, Davon Johnson, all those guys. Even up to Palm Beach, I know people up there from my family, and Jacory knows people there, too."

For his part, Jacory Harris is getting ready to work hard on landing other offensive playmakers.

"I texted DJ [Davon Johnson] and said `Whenever you feel like you want to make that choice, that's your decision, go with it wherever you want to go,'" Harris said. "I'm not going to say `Just come to Miami, come to Miami.' It's where you feel comfortable."

But Harris says he'll take a different approach with a handful of his teammates that have UM offers.

"I'm just telling them to come to Miami with me," he said. "Most likely they'll be coming with me. I'm not too much worried about it. They're going to come."

Harris says he'll "personally drive" teammate Aldarius Johnson to UM if the receiver isn't publicly committed soon.

For his part, Futch sees this recruiting class as a turning point for UM's program.

"I would say this class is the key to UM's success in the future," he said. "This class right here, being that it's coach (Randy) Shannon's first class as head coach, this is an important, key class that will set Miami up to be like the old Miami teams and better. That's the goal. And this class is what needs to happen.

"We have guys like Kayne (Farquharson), Demarcus (VanDyke), key players, a quarterback like Robert Marve this year, but this class is the backdrop that will set that initial punch. It's up to us to turn it around."

What will happen if this class turns out the way Futch and Harris envision?

"Coach Shannon said if we get all the guys from Pahokee down, who can stop us?" Futch said. "We get all those guys, the U can't lose.

"We're going to shock the NCAA."

11 years ago '04        #1581
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,906 | Props total: 89 89
madness..... post in the jukebox so we can prop u and get u out of negative points

11 years ago '04        #1582
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$13,231 | Props total: 4271 4271
 KiNgJaMeS305 said
madness..... post in the jukebox so we can prop u and get u out of negative points
okay, i made a post in the sportcenter over there...

06-21-2007, 12:55 PM         #1583
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said
okay, i made a post in the sportcenter over there...

where is it at? throw up a link

11 years ago '04        #1584
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space

06-21-2007, 01:14 PM         #1585
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

You already out of it

11 years ago '04        #1586
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
i just propped the n*gga

11 years ago '04        #1587
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
oh sh*t, appreciate the support hurricane family...yall hold a n*gga down for reals...

11 years ago '04        #1588
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
June 21, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Davon Johnson bio

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

While some Hurricane fans have penciled Miami Booker T Washington WR Davon Johnson into this UM class, the 5-foot-11, 168-pounder with 4.3-second speed says everyone should take a step back.

"I'm undecided, still open and have no frontrunners," he says.

Johnson speaks with Cane receivers coach Marques Mosely regularly.

"I talk to him about every day," Johnson said. "We just talk about academics, things like that."

He says Mosely is the college coach he talks to most often.

But there are numerous coaches hot on his trail.

Johnson lists 12 offers, including UM, Rutgers, LSU, South Carolina and Ohio State.

"I don't know when my decision's coming out, if it will come out early or not," Johnson said.

He is getting pressure to stay close to home.

"(Jordan) Futch is calling me, asking me to pull the trigger and all that," Johnson said. "I don't know when I will. I'm undecided."

He lists a top four of UM, South Carolina, Central Florida and South Florida.

Johnson spoke about each:

* South Carolina: "I don't know much about them, just know Steve Spurrier's background."

* Central Florida: "David Kelly's a great guy, a father figure guy."

* South Florida: "They've been showing me a lot of love."

* Miami: "I love everything about Miami - the atmosphere, coaching staff, players. I'm from Miami, so I know everything about Miami."

11 years ago '04        #1589
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
June 21, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Jarien Moreland bio

Belle Glade (FL) Glades Central OL Jarien Moreland lists scholarship offers from the likes of Auburn an LSU.

"I got MVP's of the Auburn and LSU camps, the overall MVP," Moreland said. "I wasn't going to let anybody beat me."

While Moreland is happy to have the offers, he says there's one school he's focused on also getting a scholarship letter from: Miami.

"I love them, that's the team I root for," Moreland said.

So far he's gotten two letters from UM. The first was a form letter, and the second arrived earlier this week.

"It was a letter that said `I heard you're very interested in us,'" Moreland said. "It just said they'll be following me."

What would happen if UM winds up offering down the road?

"I'm not going to say I'm going to commit right away, I have family to talk to," Moreland said. "But that's going to be a strong point of going there right now. My mom doesn't want me to go far. and LSU's real far. Family's one of the strong points."

Moreland also says Ole Miss is hot on his trail.

"They have sent me thousands of letters, but haven't offered yet," Moreland said. "Their coach saw me in the weight room and I was going all out and he loved the ambition and work ethic that I had. So they're sending a lot of mail, the most of everybody."

Moreland played center last year but is being recruited as a guard.

A 6-foot-5, 310-pounder, he'll play both ways for the first time this season.

How did he become a Miami fan?

"My older brother roots for Florida, but I've been a Miami fan all my life," Moreland said. "I was just a big fan of Miami, loved it. I always went to see Hurricane this or Hurricane that when I was younger."

Moreland's brother is now a defensive end for the Detroit Lions: Claude Harriott.

"I work out with him a lot," Moreland said.

11 years ago '04        #1590
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
a lil' info for the hurricane basketball heads....

UM lands basketball recruit

By Craig Barnes
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted June 21 2007, 5:02 PM EDT

Quincy Roberts, a 6-5 combo guard from Harrisburg (Pa.) High School, confirmed on Thursday that he has verbally committed to the University of Miami.

"I wanted to get this out of the way before my senior year," said Roberts who averaged 10 points, four rebounds, three a.ssists and two steals. "The Miami coaches showed the most interest. I was more comfortable with them because they talked as if they had had a plan for me."

Roberts, who chose the Hurricanes over FSU, Virginia Tech and Pittsburgh, is excited about competing in the ACC.

"It is a great basketball conference," Roberts said. "It provides the biggest challenge to improve. I had some choices of schools within the conference. I feel good about what I decided."

Roberts needs a qualifying SAT score yet. He is the fourth player off coach Kirk Smallwood's team to be recruited. Harrisburg has been to back-to-back Class 4-A State finals.

"He has a chance to have a big senior year," Smallwood said, "and it is good to get the recruiting process behind him. Recruiting can become a distraction at times. He can play the point or two guard. He is athletic, good defensively and makes the players around him better."

06-23-2007, 06:57 PM         #1591
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Terrible fu*king day

June 23, 2007

Zack Lehatto
USCFootball.com

Related Links:
Video RSC Day TwoTelemaque talks campTen of Troy: Rising Stars

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Ridiculous, absurd and unbelievable were a few of the adjectives repeatedly used to describe Patrick Johnson's performance on Friday at the University of Southern California's Rising Stars Camp.

GM
Patrick Johnson owned Friday's Rising Star Camp with leaping grabs
The 6-foot-1, 193-pound all-everything cornerback out of Pompano Beach (Fla.) Ely made a splash because of his talent and his wavering commitment to the University of Miami.

Johnson's solid verbal commitment may be significantly less solid after his visit to USC and his official scholarship offer from head coach Pete Carroll.

"My dad wanted me to come out to the camp," Johnson, who ran a sub 4.4 second 40-yard dash, said. "I wanted to get to see the coaches and the campus. It was a great opportunity, and I had a great time with the other players and coaches.

"They've got a great atmosphere.

"I talked mainly with Pete Carroll," Johnson, arguably the country's number one cornerback, said. "He thinks that I can come in and possibly start my freshman year. At least, I'd have a great opportunity to come in and make some plays.

"I guess it means it's pretty open," Johnson said about his commitment to Miami.

In this case, 'pretty open' means it's going to be a two horse race.

"It's going to be Miami versus USC," Johnson said about his eventual commitment.

"The distance from Florida doesn't have any effect," he said, emphasizing the 'any' and giving credence to the speculation that Johnson may want to get out of the state of Florida for college.

With the distance from Pompano Beach to Los Angeles a moot point, Johnson said it would be the coaches and atmosphere that ultimately finalizes his decision.

"Oh yeah, it makes a difference," he said about Carroll's defensive back pedigree. "With Coach Carroll being there it would be a great opportunity to get some of the knowledge that he's got over the years."

As for officially signing his letter of intent, Johnson said that he wants to wait until he has gone on his official visits to both schools.

"This November I should make it official. I'll come out to my official visits and (then make my choice)."

"Nah, I don't think so," he said about the possibility of taking an official visit to anywhere other than USC or Miami.

After the buzz he created at the Rising Stars Camp, expect Johnson to vault up the Rivals100 board and make a run at unseating T.J. Bryant for the top spot amongst 2008 cornerbacks.

USCFootball.com will continue to bring you the latest on Patrick Johnson throughout the year.

11 years ago '05        #1592
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
Pete Carrol and his "#1 guy" crap. Of course he COULD do anything as a freshman, but I hope he has friends and family close to him that are a bit more grounded.

If he, and his family, think USC is the best fit for him by all means go there, but dont buy into the "playing early" hype. Especially at a school that recruits like they do.

11 years ago '04        #1593
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
PJ is not going to USC. im sure he doesnt want to be the one to come home to all of his South Florida peers and tell them he's off to USC while..the other 20 or so are all heading to The U.

come LOI day he will be a Cane

06-23-2007, 08:00 PM         #1594
Sh0wty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I Hope So... I cant stand the Thought of him going to USC. Or any of our Recruits for that matter...

06-23-2007, 08:07 PM         #1595
Sh0wty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

My Seats at the OB.! Cant wait for Sept.1

11 years ago '04        #1596
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
no worries...once shannon makes his in-home visit with patrick johnson and sits down face-to-face with his moms and pops, he'll end up in orange and green
if pete carroll needs a DB so bad, he should convert one of the 15 running backs on USC's depth chart

11 years ago '04        #1597
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 madness said
no worries...once shannon makes his in-home visit with patrick johnson and sits down face-to-face with his moms and pops, he'll end up in orange and green
if pete carroll needs a DB so bad, he should convert one of the 15 running backs on USC's depth chart
lmao i know right?

but i kinda had a hunch that PJ would come out with some bi*ch n*gga sh*t like this before this... i just didn't know it would be with fu*king SC and that blood drinking vampire of Pete Carroll... i swear that n*gga is cheating in some way or another when it comes to recruiting.

06-23-2007, 11:16 PM         #1598
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wouldn't be worried, but after what I saw him get Rojo last year when he was by far the third choice for Rojo and Carrol leaped home town Michigan and Florida (which he loved after his visit so much...)

11 years ago '05        #1599
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,115 | Props total: 730 730
fu*k usc, all that beind the sh*t going on in the program and still not being penalized, media would be k!lling miami, not to mention the ncaa breathing down our necks, if all the sh*t that happens at usc where going on here too

Last edited by Deeangoe; 06-24-2007 at 02:36 PM..

06-24-2007, 07:49 PM         #1600
Sh0wty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deeangoe said
fu*k usc, all that beind the sh*t going on in the program and still not being penalized, media would be k!lling miami, not to mention the ncaa breathing down our necks, if all the sh*t that happens at usc where going on here too
I gotta agree as well. Its ridiculous how everything just gets swept under the rug. Someone should investigate.. Seriously... but..

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is Chamillionaire low key the most financially savy rapper ever?
90 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Cassie Offers Savage Update Following Diddy Break-Up
11 comments
34 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LiAngelo Ball has s3x tape with a tr@nny. #BBB #BallControl
165 comments
13 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 NBA This is the exact play no one is talking about that actually started the L..
12 comments
35 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Rae Carruth has been released from prison after 17 years
48 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside WELL DAMN...40 GLOCC Starts A GoFundMe For THE GAME So Their House Do..
34 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA Fans tells Boggie Cousins the brutal truth
13 comments
36 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Here is our very first look at BANE in GOTHAM Season 5
37 comments
2 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 Pusha T in June HINTED to DRAKE on Drink Champs Who 'THE SOURCE" Was
35 comments
36 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Cp3 got beat up on national tv by ingram and rondo,got spit in his face, a..
34 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Clipse ft Jadakiss, Styles P & Rosco P Coldchain - “I’m Not You”
30 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Lawd have mercy jazmynekyng uproarchallenge
52 comments
13 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
OutKast was never really accepted in the Hip Hop community
37 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside I’m a young king I might fu-k Alexis Texas/but I’m not on no drake sh-t..
17 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I Think Pusha T is Assed Out in This Beef
79 comments
1 hour ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Masaai tribe roll in on 15 lions...
5 comments
1 hour ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Texas State University cutie 🍑🔥
1 comments
1 hour ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Oct 22 - Two Native American Geneticists Explain Outrage Over Elizabet..
9 comments
43 minutes ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA 2019 NBA draft prospect Darius Bazely signs $14M shoe deal with New Balance
17 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Curly Head Killa juggs galore👀
0 comments
60 minutes ago
@thotsdimesetc
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
micropave
DATKIDD121
Walmart
2Cold
StillNigga
Cowboywiz
Lord God
blah blah blah
Yung Dilla
Jeavila1014
Top 10 most slapped recently
chef12
StillNigga
Spot Rusherz
HolyFatherSteve
blah blah blah
Binary
Mutant Boy
micropave
Flippa Huxtable
North Face

most viewed right now
online now  58
Image(s) inside LA Legend Nipsey Hussle ALMOST JUMP INTO THE LAKERS MALEE BRAWL FIGHT ..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  50
Image(s) inside Sticking My Finger In Her A** Like It’s Rondo’s Face
63 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  49
What’s The Worst Lie A Woman Has Ever Told You?
170 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  29
Video inside after 20 years tchina arnold talks about the drama on martin
99 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  20
Oct 20 - This is Like a Ad for the Border Wall
110 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  16
Oct 21 - Trump: Middle Class Tax Cuts Before November... Forreal this time!
54 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside Did YouTube go down last week to erase a livestream of an object hittin..
64 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside Oct 20 - Vermont cop stunned by opioid fiend viral obit wants better t..
88 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy