Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Future & Young Thug - Super Slimey (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thr..
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 18 - Sex Abuse Was 'Price' of Olympic Gold: McKayla Maroney
57 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Women's faces captured before, during and after orgasm in photography ..
165 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Bow Wow givin men advice n Gille responds
98 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '07        #12721
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,465 | Props total: 1037 1037
Scott the coach

We watching the same games or nah??
 2 years ago '07        #12723
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
If we go out there playing like we have the last 2 weeks it'll be more than that.
 2 years ago '11        #12724
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
space
$1,908 | Props total: 869 869
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
Scott the coach

We watching the same games or nah??
U mean the 2-0 under Scott games?
 2 years ago '11        #12725
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
space
Cristibol leading canidate to coach canes
 2 years ago '07        #12726
theFREAK 3636 heat pts3636
space
space
$52,899 | Props total: 36712 36712
 ghostridah said:
U mean the 2-0 under Scott games?
The Duke game was a game given to us by God himself.

And we barely beat a BAD Virginia team.

Scott has won, but he doesn't deserve the team and I'll have ronnie ban me if he becomes the coach.

There is 0 chance a former football powerhouse like Miami, in the backyard of the best recruiting state in the country is going to be handed to the TE coach because he may get the team to finish over .500.
 2 years ago '11        #12728
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
space
 theU said:
The Duke game was a game given to us by God himself.

And we barely beat a BAD Virginia team.

Scott has won, but he doesn't deserve the team and I'll have ronnie ban me if he becomes the coach.

There is 0 chance a former football powerhouse like Miami, in the backyard of the best recruiting state in the country is going to be handed to the TE coach because he may get the team to finish over .500.
Yea I know. It's cristibols job to lose
 2 years ago '07        #12729
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 ghostridah said:
Cristibol leading canidate to coach canes
No he's not. You getting bad info dudes agent ain't even been spoke to yet.

Alot of coaches will get a look before especially the OC and DC of the squad he coaches offensive line.
 2 years ago '05        #12730
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 603 603
UM taking fresh look at Butch Davis; Canes coach search notes; Pat Riley addresses trade, Green; Dolphin, Heat, Marlins chatter
WEDNESDAY BUZZ COLUMN

A UM official who was close with former president Donna Shalala said it was obvious speaking to her that she felt strongly that Butch Davis should not be considered if the UM job opened. But with Shalala now working at the Clinton Foundation, UM has been taking a fresh look at Davis, examining the circumstances that led to his firing at North Carolina and evaluating his viability as a candidate, according to multiple sources.

“He hasn’t been written off; he’s among people given initial consideration,” one UM official said, noting Davis will be given more scrutiny.

Davis, who led UM to a 51-20 record from 1995 through 2000, badly wants the job and has strong support among fans and a few notable Board of Trustee members.

“There’s pressure being placed by the public and some of the Trustees to hire him,” one high-level Trustee said.

But another trustee who likes Davis said athletic director Blake James “isn’t going to be swayed by anyone from doing what he thinks is best. There are an awful lot of people who want this job.”

As one UM person said, James knows he has Davis available if other potentially more appealing options do not materialize or do not prove to be a good fit.

A Davis hire would surprise (but not shock) some at UM, but the Davis supporters can take comfort in knowing that UM is taking a hard look at him. So he's certainly a possibility, as are more than a dozen others. There's no favorite because it's still very early in the process.

Citing harm to its reputation, North Carolina fired Davis on July 27, 2011, following an academic fraud scandal that covered 18 years and multiple sports.

Davis was never implicated and has said he has a letter from the NCAA indicating that. The NCAA found UNC guilty of academic fraud and failure to monitor the football program and was docked with a 2012 postseason ban and 15 scholarship reductions.

In a statement on the day of Davis’ firing, UNC chancellor Holden Thorp said that while there had been no changes against Davis in the NCAA investigation, Thorp had "lost confidence in our ability to come through this without harming the way people think of this institution."

UM was expected to research that case, as well as the 2010 resignation of Davis’ defensive line coach and a.ssistant head coach John Blake; the NCAA said Blake was paid by now-deceased agent Gary Wichard, to whom Blake referred players.

Davis, 63, wasn’t implicated in that scandal, either, but no school has hired Davis since he was fired in 2011.

UM is believed to have contacted the NCAA for more information on Davis.

Said one high-level trustee who supports Davis: “Besides being a great recruiter, Butch can bring people into the stadium and that has to be something we consider. And Butch was cleared at North Carolina. Why does this tarnish him?”

But UM will make its own conclusion after reviewing the case.

### Though public denials would be expected, UM people are under the impression that Texas’ Charlie Strong and Cincinnati’s Tommy Tuberville have interest in the UM job.

Strong is considered an appealing candidate if he and Texas part ways, but that likely wouldn’t happen until after the Longhorn’s regular-season finale Dec. 5.

### Footballscoop.com reported there have been conversations between reps for UM and Mario Cristobal, but that is not the case, according to a coaching friend of Cristobal.

Cristobal, Greg Schiano and Rob Chudzinski, among others, remain in the mix, however. A UM official said a bunch of additional candidates, including perhaps some surprises, are expected to surface because this will be a true national search with inquiries made to some perceived to be out of reach. But there is no front-runner at this point.

### Former Alabama coach Mike Shula, who had support among some UM trustees, has conveyed to friends that he wants to remain in the NFL (he’s the Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator) and won’t pursue the UM job, an a.ssociate said last week.

### During the last UM football coaching search, highly-respected Trustee Paul DiMare attended coaching interviews with then-athletic director Kirby Hocutt.

Beyond DiMare, Stuart Miller, chairman of the Board of Trustees and the mortgage giant Lennar Corp., is expected to be involved. The Miller family and his company have donated $271 million to UM over the years and he wields considerable influence.

### Please see the last post for a lot of on-field UM football news from today.
finally some news
 2 years ago '11        #12731
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
space
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
No he's not. You getting bad info dudes agent ain't even been spoke to yet.

Alot of coaches will get a look before especially the OC and DC of the squad he coaches offensive line.
How u figure that? It was announced yesterday. Well who's the top candidate?
 2 years ago '05        #12732
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 603 603

[tweet - click to view]

2 years ago '07        #12733
space
space

[tweet - click to view]

I know Butch left a year early, but we only hit double digit wins with him once.

Don't understand the fascination with him, aside from the former players and high ranking alumni wanting him.

He would only be a 3-5 year fix at most.

People have this fantasy built up that just because Butch almost won a title at Miami with a crop of players that were basically once in a lifetime there's this expectation that if he coaches Miami again they'll instantly become competing for a championship. And I don't think it could be anymore far fetched. It took Butch a few years to get the ball rolling the first time around. People aren't gonna settle for if he comes in and they go 6-6 out the gate. He's not a long term fix and I think the pressure would be way to much out the gate to deliver for a guy who has been out of coaching for a while.

[tweet - click to view]

[tweet - click to view]

Last edited by theFREAK; 11-11-2015 at 03:23 PM..
 2 years ago '07        #12734
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 ghostridah said:
How u figure that? It was announced yesterday. Well who's the top candidate?
I'm not going to speak on things I know nothing about. I'm connected.

Good to see yall got my dude Pete on here. He's come a long way
 2 years ago '07        #12735
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Like I said butch if they wanna go with him (which I wouldnt) should be thee last resort as he's not wanted anywhere.

Herman should get the first full press then go to lane/smart and work down from there.
 2 years ago '11        #12736
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
space
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
I'm not going to speak on things I know nothing about. I'm connected.

Good to see yall got my dude Pete on here. He's come a long way
Aight well post when u find out. They need a coach to save the recruiting class right?
 2 years ago '11        #12737
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
space
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
Like I said butch if they wanna go with him (which I wouldnt) should be thee last resort as he's not wanted anywhere.

Herman should get the first full press then go to lane/smart and work down from there.
Herman???
 2 years ago '07        #12738
space
space
 ghostridah said:
Herman???
I'm a.ssuming he's referring to Tom Herman.

Current Head Coach at Houston.
 2 years ago '07        #12739
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 ghostridah said:
Aight well post when u find out. They need a coach to save the recruiting class right?
The right coach could salvage this class. For some strange reason we've only lost 2 recruits that hurt since he's been fired.

Richards and Uche.

Moss kind of hurts but RBs are everywhere in Dade. Plus we have yearby,walton,choc, and Homer is coming in. So it's not that serious there.

We need some DBs tho. We gonna be nekkid there. LB will be alright if we keep our class intact. Grace should be back and Owens should be healed and we'll have Shaq, McCloud, and Pickney coming in.

Next coach is getting some horses I'll say that much
 2 years ago '07        #12740
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space

Read THIS!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Days In Houston (Tsu)
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thats Too Much Woman For U Charlie, Gonna Have To Share Her Around A Bit
43 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Demi Rose Busts Out
124 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
She Said She Ya Fav Thick Chick
43 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Comedian Godfrey is a SAVAGE!!!!!!!
75 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 18 - Former Wharton Professor: 'Trump Was the Dumbest G*ddamn Stud..
102 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Heath Ledger Got Christian Bale To Actually Punch Him While Shooting ..
36 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Video of Jeremy Lin knee injury
211 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy