most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1241
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
PLease Dear Lord,

Help our WRs and QBs.
 10 years ago '06        #1242
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
 Cap Peeler said:
PLease Dear Lord,

Help our WRs and QBs.
 10 years ago '04        #1243
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Alright i finna give some more contribution to this thread along with CRIP and Rakim cuz i just got me a rivals account so here it goes..

April 10, 2007

JC Shurburtt
Recruiting Analyst

Talk about it in Football Recruiting Board
The plan is back.

In order to restore the University of Miami football program to its recent glory, the Hurricanes need to have an outstanding recruiting plan in place. Howard Schnellenberger did it when he brought the program out of the doldrums in the early 1980s, and Jimmie Johnson, Dennis Erickson and Butch Davis all followed suit during their tenures.

Randy Shannon and his staff are off to a hot start on the recruiting trail.
The plan is simple: Sign every bit of the top-shelf talent in South Florida (Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties), sign your share of the rest of the talent-rich state's top prospects and go out and fill needs that you can't fill at home with the best out-of-state prospects.

It is the plan that works at Miami.

At the end of the Larry Coker era, it appeared that the recruiting plan wasn't being followed. Questionable talent evaluations, bad luck on prospects not panning out and certain South Florida prospects choosing to head elsewhere were the mark Miami left on the recruiting trail.

In fairness to Coker, it wasn't as if he wasn't bringing in good players. Certainly, the Hurricanes' roster is stocked with a good number of future NFL players. But one look at the history of the program shows that Miami has been good when its roster is simply good, but dominant when its roster is great.

New coach Randy Shannon and his staff appear to be on their way to implementing the plan again. One look at the impressive list of prospects that have committed in the Class of 2008 tells you that this staff understands what it takes to a.ssemble outstanding talent at Miami.

Perhaps the most highly regarded prospect to commit is Patrick Johnson of Blanche Ely High School in Pompano Beach (Broward County), Fla. Johnson has big-time NFL potential with excellent size, hips and recovery speed. He put on a clinic at the Miami NIKE Camp on April 1 in Coral Gables, intercepting multiple passes during one-on-one drills.

Hurricanes reload
Miami already has five highly-regarded commitments in the 2008 class.
Patrick Johnson DB 6-0, 180
Jeremy Lewis DT 6-4, 285
Micanor Regis DT 6-2, 296
Justin Thompson DT 6-5, 280
Brandon Washington OL 6-4, 305
The thought of him teaming with Class of 2007 recruit Doug Wiggins at cornerback is cause for excitement.

Johnson's recruitment has been somewhat of a strange one. Reports swirled that he committed to Miami a couple of weeks ago, then he stated on the record that he had not. He followed that with an interview that said Florida State was his leader. That was followed by a public commitment to the Hurricanes a short time later, saying he was firm with his commitment.

As of right now, Johnson is firm, but the guess here is that other schools won't give up on him. Given his ties to Florida State (Johnson is the cousin of former FSU cornerback and current Pittsburgh Steeler Bryant McFadden), Miami fans will sweat this one out until the end.

Remember when Miami used to have tremendous depth along the defensive line? The Hurricanes are well on their way to re-establishing that dominance with the early commitments of several talented prospects.

Pahokee's Micanor Regis is one of the top prospects in Palm Beach County in this year's class. Regis projects as a two technique or a true nose tackle at the next level. He has all the tools to be a good one. He's also a winner. The Pahokee program captured the Florida Class 2B championship last year.

Patrick Johnson was a key early commitment for the Hurricanes.
Another Palm Beach County defensive line prospect, Palm Beach Lakes tackle Jeremy Lewis, has the chance to be special. The Hurricanes' most recent commitment was impressive at the Miami NIKE Camp, and turned down a slew of big-time offers to commit early. He could play three technique defensive tackle in college.

While he's far from a local prospect (he played high school football at Westchester High in Los Angeles), Justin Thompson of El Camino Junior College in Torrence, Calif., appears to be one of the better junior college defensive linemen in the country. He had a slew of offers, picking the Canes over Tennessee, Florida, LSU, Nebraska and others.

Miami Northwestern defensive tackle Marcus Forston has not committed to Miami, but he has the Hurricanes at the top of his list. Most believe he will sign with Miami in the end, but Forston will wait a while before making his final decision.

On the offensive line, Forston's teammate Brandon Washington (who is already committed to Miami) could develop into a powerful force on the interior. He also was impressive at the Miami NIKE Camp.

In addition to the five prospects that have already committed, there are several who currently have heavy interest in the Hurricanes.

Some of the top in-state prospects that have spoken favorably about Miami in recent weeks are linebacker Marcus Robinson of Homestead (Fla.), linebacker Jordan Futch of Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna, linebacker Etienne Sabino of Miami Krop and defensive back Xavier Brewer of Jacksonville Bartram Trail.

There are several out-of-state prospects to watch with regards to Miami. Chester (S.C.) defensive back Charles Whitlock (no offer yet) and Virginia quarterback E.J. Manuel are just two of the many prospects outside of Florida who have interest in the Hurricanes.

So why is Miami recruiting suddenly picking up again? There are a number of reasons.

Shannon and his staff have been aggressive with early scholarship offers. They want to make sure that they leave no stone unturned in South Florida.

A new addition to the staff also has helped. Multiple prospects have raved about new linebackers coach Michael Barrow. The former Miami star and NFL player could end up being one of the best recruiters in the Atlantic Coast Conference before the year is finished.

At first glance it appears that the plan is back in place for Miami. Of course, having a winning program is much more than recruiting, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have the talent to go with the other intangibles that make up a great program.

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 04-10-2007 at 02:20 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #1244
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
good sh*t cap peeler:applause: :applause: :applause:
 10 years ago '04        #1245
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
this is from yesterday..

April 9, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Jeremy Lewis bio

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Palm Beach Lakes High School DT Jeremy Lewis attended UM's Spring Game on Saturday.

[pic - click to view]

Lewis committed after Saturday's spring game
It was his first time seeing the Orange Bowl, and he loved everything he saw.

"It was real nice -- I pictured myself in the future playing there on the defensive line," he said.

So, after returning home, he discussed things with his mother and decided he wanted to be a Cane.

"My mom said if that's where your heart is I should go ahead and commit," he said.

So he called line coach Clint Hurtt and committed last night.

"Coach Hurtt was recruiting me, and I called and told him that Miami's where I'm going and that I'm committing to Miami right now," said Lewis, who first received a Cane offer in February. "He was so happy, real proud, excited, everything like that.

"Coach Hurtt had been telling me they really wanted me to come there a lot."

Coach Randy Shannon wasn't with Hurtt at the time but text messaged Lewis to congratulate him.

"He said he's very happy I've committed to be a Cane," Lewis said.

The reason Lewis committed now?

"I've liked Miami a long time; they send players to NFL -- Miami gets players ready for the next level," Lewis said.

Lewis lists other offers from LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss Arizona State and FIU.

"All the schools that offered me were good schools, but Miami was where my heart was," he says.

Lewis finished his junior year with 50 tackles, eight sacks and had a 29-yard fumble return for a touchdown against Jupiter.

Not bad considering it was his first time ever playing organized football. Before that Lewis considered himself a basketball player.

"Everyone was telling me I have nice size to play football," he said. "I figured I might as well give it a try. I loved it and actually gave up basketball for football.

"Coaches said I'm very quick on my feet for my size, and Miami said they were surprised this was my first time ever playing organized football."

Of his goals at UM, the 6-foot-3, 280-pounder with 5.19-second speed says, "I think I have a chance of playing my first year. I'm planning on being one of the best defensive linemen and definitely I want to go to the next level. I think I have a good chance of going there from Miami."

Asked if he'll take other visits, Lewis says "I don't think so."
 10 years ago '04        #1246
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 9, 2007

Related Links:
Antonio Harper bio

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Memphis (TN) Melrose High School LB Antonio Harper flew to Miami the weekend of the Spring Game.

He returns home today.

"I liked it a lot," Harper said. "I have a friend on the team, Graig Cooper (a Melrose High graduate) and I wanted to come down and see the game."

Michael Barrow is recruiting Harper.

"He's a great coach," Harper said. "Miami offered me a scholarship in January, and I was a little surprised they offered because that's a school I wanted to go to since I was little. It's my dream school."

Not surprisingly he adds, "Miami's No. 1 on my list."

But Harper's not quite ready to declare he'll be a Cane yet.

"In August I will decide," he said. "No schools are even close to Miami."

He certainly sounds like a commitment when he adds, "Miami, that's where I'll be."

He says he hasn't told UM coaches that, though, as he isn't quite ready to make the 100 percent commitment.

He currently lists five offers: UM, Memphis, Ole Miss, Alabama and Florida State.

As a junior he had 96 tackles, three interceptions, five forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.

"Graig Cooper, he likes it a lot at Miami, has talked to me about the program, that it's a good choice if this is where I want to go," Harper said.
 10 years ago '05        #1247
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
props for those articles
 10 years ago '06        #1248
YoungGQ|m 
space
space
$13,117 | Props total: 1 1
...the canes is back this year...believe dat...
 10 years ago '04        #1249
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 YoungGQ said:
...the canes is back this year...believe dat...
2007 we destroyin and rebuilding
2008 we'll be on top

Last edited by madness; 04-10-2007 at 04:19 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #1250
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
2007 we destroyin and rebuilding
2008 we'll be on top
We don't rebuild, we reload

10 years ago '04        #1251
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 10, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Etienne Sabino bioVideo highlights

Miami (Fla.) Dr. Michael M. Krop High School LB Etienne Sabino attended Miami's Spring Game.

[pic - click to view]

L-R: Marcus Robinson, Etienne Sabino, Jordan Futch. Photo courtsey of Jordan Futch
"For the most part I was just looking at the linebackers, trying to learn from what they do right and what they do wrong," the 6-foot-3, 217-pounder said. "I was just watching the game, seeing how aggressive they were and all that."

Was the game impressive to recruits?

"I was impressed with the defense," Sabino said. "The offense I wasn't impressed with, but I know they're going to work on that. The defense was very aggressive. They didn't blitz too much, but they were getting to the quarterback."

The Spring Game was Sabino's first time in the Orange Bowl.

"It was cool, I was impressed," he said. "I've only been to one college game before, and that was Florida vs. South Carolina last year. I'm a college fan, but I've never had the opportunity to go. I'm definitely going to go to some games this year."

Sabino spent much of the game with friend Jordan Futch. The two became friendly at the Nike Cambine at UM.

Futch has said the Canes are his leader.

Is that also the case for Sabino?

"They're definitely high on the list," Sabino said. "It's the hometown team. I grew up loving the program."

Sabino received a Cane offer two weeks ago.

"I was very surprised, shocked when I got it," he says. "I wasn't expecting it.

"I've been talking a lot with coach (Michael) Barrow a lot. He makes me feel real comfortable. I'm very happy with him. He's a cool guy."

Sabino says he'd like to make a final decision by the end of his senior season.

He currently lists 16 offers, including USC, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Florida and Georgia.

"I don't have any favorites," he says. "I'll be looking at the depth chart because I'm trying to play as soon as possible, but more than that academics and I have to feel comfortable where I'm at."

Sabino finished his junior year with 130 tackles and eight sacks.
 10 years ago '04        #1252
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space

Related Links:
Jordan Futch bio

[pic - click to view]

The most interesting part of attending the Spring Game for Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna High School LB Jordan Futch wasn't seeing the Orange Bowl in person for the first time.

Or watching former Chaminade-Madonna star Glenn Cook help the defense dominate.

Or talking to Cane coaches before and after the scrimmage.

It was the way fans treated Futch and his fellow recruits after the Spring Game ended.

"People were asking me for my autograph, said they saw me on Rivals," said Futch, who along with numerous other recruits were inking autographs after the Spring Game. "I also took pictures with them. They said `So when are you going to commit?'"

The answer to that question?

"I said I don't know when I'm going to commit, but if I do commit it'll probably be the end of May," Futch said.

He says a Cane commitment could come sooner.

After all, UM is the only school really in his picture.

"Miami's the frontrunner by a lot right now," said Futch, who lists Notre Dame Wisconsin "and a lot of other schools" trailing the Canes.

The Spring Game helped solidify Futch in UM's court.

"The Spring Game was awesome," Futch said. "I got to meet coaches, see the players and see what they're looking like for next year. The defense was awesome. On defense I was watching Glenn and was watching Doug Wiggins -- I played against him last year and we won but he was the X factor for them.

"I had two sacks that game, so I can say I sacked a Cane."

In the future maybe he can say he sacked for the Canes.

The 6-foot-3, 205-pounder has a UM offer.

"I talked to coach (Michael) Barrow a lot," Futch said. "He's not even recruiting my area, but he's recruiting me. I also talked to coach [Tim] Walton, the whole staff. They all talked to me and my dad."

Futch finished his junior year with 92 tackles, 15 for losses, with six forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries, two punt blocks, three blocked field goals and an interception.
 10 years ago '06        #1253
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
:applause:
 10 years ago '05        #1254
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
i always thought coker couldnt recruit well in miami becuz of shala and her wack 2.5 gpa rule
 10 years ago '04        #1255
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
 Deeangoe said:
i always thought coker couldnt recruit well in miami becuz of shala and her wack 2.5 gpa rule
a 2.5 aint hard....sh*t i basically flunked 9th, the first half of 10th and all of 12th grade and pretty much got a 2.2, all it takes is effort
 10 years ago '04        #1256
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Deeangoe said:
he was a decent recruiter, he just couldn't develop talent worth a sh*t
 10 years ago '04        #1257
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 11, 2007

Steve Hare

Related Links:
Blake Ayles bioVideo highlights

Life had gotten pretty quiet for Blake Ayles.

[pic - click to view]

The 6-foot-4, 235-pound tight end was cruising through the recruiting process with the same five teams situated near the top of his list, that is until last week when the Orange, Calif., prospect picked up an offer from the Miami Hurricanes.

"Nothing had really changed and then Miami offered last week," said Ayles. "That puts them in the Top 5."

Ayles had been planning on making visits to Southern California, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio State, but with the Hurricanes in the mix, one of those schools will be bumped from consideration.

Those visits will play a key role in Ayles' college decision, but won't make the choice for him. He'll also watch what happens during the regular season, but how he fits in at each school will ultimately make the greatest impact on his choice.

"The visits are going to be important, and how the school starts out the season," he said. "But, it will be the visits mainly because I want to see how I fit in and how things go."

While Ayles contemplates his options off the field, he's been busy trying to improve his agility by participating on the Orange Lutheran track team where he competes in the discus, shot put, triple jump and 200-meter dash. He began competing in the triple jump almost by accident, but he now feels like the event helps him become a better football player.

"One of my coaches said I should try the triple jump, so I did," he said. "I liked it a lot. I think it helps with my explosion off the line; everywhere really."

Ayles has nearly 20 scholarship offers to his credit.
 10 years ago '04        #1258
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 11, 2007

Related Links:
Brandon Harris bio

Miami Booker T. Washington High School CB Brandon Harris recently received an offer from Florida, pushing him up to 12 offers.

"Miami's also offered, and Ohio State and USC are coming on as well," the 5-foot-11, 185-pounder with 4.35-second speed said.

Harris has a lot of options and, possibly, not a lot of time.

"I'm discussing things with my coaches and counselors, and I'm thinking about going with a December graduation and enter a school for the spring," Harris said. "I'm fully qualified already GPA-wise and test score-wise. I just have to go to either night school or a summer session for one extra credit.

"I'm not sure if I want to do it yet. People say you miss out on fun, the prom, but I look at guys that made that decision already and are there in sprig and in the fall -- they're in the rotation and have a taste of college life. Doug Wiggins made that decision, I saw him in the spring in the scrimmage and he was getting a lot of nickel reps. I'm like `He did it, and when the fall comes around he'll get a lot of playing time.'"

Harris isn't publicly listing any favorites but says, "If I had to list a top three Miami would be in there."

He's been in regular touch with several Cane coaches.

"I talk with coach [Randy] Shannon a lot as well as coach [Tim] Walton and coach [Wesley] McGriff," Harris said. "They tell me all the time that they want me. I had a chance to go to the first scrimmage and after that they were on me real hard. They were telling me all the things they have to offer and how things are going to be different from last year, that the program is changing in another direction, that `We need you, we want you.' They were saying `Come join us, come join us.'"

Harris went back for a few other practices this spring.

He's also taken an unofficial visit to Florida.

"I just want to see what everyone has to offer and then will sit down with my parents and have a discussion," Harris said.

Harris's father, Tim, is also his head coach. He's seen players like Antonio Dixon and Chavez Grant pick the Canes out of Booker T. Washington.

"My dad has a lot of experience," Harris said. "He wants me to just look at each school from an overall perspective and how I think I fit in at the school."

Last year Harris had eight interceptions and had five other pickoffs that were called back due to penalty. He also returned four kickoffs for touchdowns, averaging 65 yards on eight kickoff returns for the season.

"Toward the end of he season teams squibbed it the whole game," he said.

I seen this dude play the last 2 times they lost to Armwood Seffner in the state semis and he's a ball hawk on the real.
 10 years ago '04        #1259
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 11, 2007

Related Links:
Xavier Brewer bioVideo highlights

Jacksonville (FL) Bertram Trail High School DB Xavier Brewer attended UM's final regular practice as well as Miami's Spring Game.

It was his first time in the Orange Bowl.

"It was cool," Brewer said. "I talked to coach [Randy] Shannon the day before during practices, also talked to coach [Wesley] McGriff, [Clint] Hurtt.

"The Spring Game was more than I expected. I was watching some of the players that committed there signing autographs. The fans already knew about the players coming in, which was interesting."

As for what he was watching during the game, Brewer said, "The defense. I've been watching Miami my whole life, so I know all about their intense defense."

Brewer says he spoke with coach Randy Shannon while in Miami and that "Coach Shannon told me everything Miami had to offer and what I had to offer to Miami."

The day after the game he spoke with Cane commitment Patrick Johnson on the phone.

"He told me why he made his decision," Brewer said. "Miami's one of my top schools right now, and I know if we both go there we could make a big impact on the team, especially since we're both cornerbacks."

Brewer lists a top five of Miami, Florida, LSU, Georgia and Alabama. He's taken unofficial visits to Florida and Georgia as well as his recent trip to UM.

"It'll be a tough decision," Brewer said. "All the schools have a lot to offer. They're all pretty tight right now. Everybody's pretty even."

Brewer says he'd like to make a final decision before his senior season.

As a junior he had over 70 tackles with six interceptions.

Who does he get compared to?

"Champ Bailey," Brewer said. "A lot of my friends say that and the Georgia coach compared me to him also."
 10 years ago '06        #1260
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
good looks cap
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
180 comments
1 day ago