Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snoops reaction when Jay Z wrote “Still Dre”😎
172 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ohhhh sh-t is this it fellas. Eminem "Revival" Tracklist!!!!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lame Ass Nigga Joins a NY Crip Gang
370 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BX ever smashed any of these popular INSTAGRAM chicks?
111 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '05        #12241
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639
 ghostridah said:
The defense held in the second half. Dukes fumble and poor offensive play calling blew the game. Point blank period duke is fragile and isn't a every down back. If it wasn't for his fumble most likely south Carolina doesn't score in the second half. I hate the coaches as much as anyone but you can't blame the loss on the defense this time
defense was not that bad, but thats not saying much

but it all comes down to coaching, a soft zone coverage

how the hell do you explain having a lb covering their best WR in the slot, subpar qb and still ate good against the d

then you have the final drive, this is a coaching staff that has been all about giving up short chunks of yardage instead of getting beat by a long play, they are content giving up yardage long as they can hold them to fgs

this is the basis of your defense, so if that is what you have been coaching / preaching since the moment you have stepped foot on campus how the fu*k are you gonna expect your defense to make a stop when it matters to give your offense a chance
 3 years ago '11        #12242
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 897 897
 Deeangoe said:
defense was not that bad, but thats not saying much

but it all comes down to coaching, a soft zone coverage

how the hell do you explain having a lb covering their best WR in the slot, subpar qb and still ate good against the d

then you have the final drive, this is a coaching staff that has been all about giving up short chunks of yardage instead of getting beat by a long play, they are content giving up yardage long as they can hold them to fgs

this is the basis of your defense, so if that is what you have been coaching / preaching since the moment you have stepped foot on campus how the fu*k are you gonna expect your defense to make a stop when it matters to give your offense a chance
I agree man just tired of the losses. Should have passed the ball more also like on that drive on the Dorset td. Smh whole staff needs to be fired
 3 years ago '05        #12243
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Mother of Star Duke Johnson Says Majority of Team Would Transfer
38 minutes ago

Miami's all-time leading rusher Duke Johnson announced on Sunday that he was leaving for the NFL and many of his teammates also would like to leave the program according to his mother. Cassandra Prophet-Mitchell posted on her Facebook page that players would like to transfer out of Miami following their 6-7 season. "IF THOSE BOYS CAN TRANSER AND DIDN'T HAVE TO SIT OUT A YEAR.....Majority of the team would not be there," she wrote in a response to a fan's comment. Head coach Al Golden has his hands full with trying to keep the program together during the offseason with a very negative vibe surrounding the program.
clive walford also made some comments about golden, think it was a interview for channel 7 sports extra, think it aired yesterday

[tweet - click to view]

[tweet - click to view]

[tweet - click to view]

[tweet - click to view]

Last edited by Deeangoe; 12-29-2014 at 03:25 PM..
 12-29-2014, 08:29 PM         #12244
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deeangoe said:
clive walford also made some comments about golden, think it was a interview for channel 7 sports extra, think it aired yesterday

It takes a player to state something we already know and it's somehow supposed to be suprising to us. I'm relieved. Instead of players who were there decades ago talking sh*t you got players right after they enter the draft badmouthing the scheme and coach

Time to wake up
 3 years ago '05        #12245
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$53,923 | Props total: 6740 6740
how yall feel bout Duke's mommas comments
 3 years ago '05        #12246
Clutch City Kid 135 heat pts135
space
space
$27,266 | Props total: 27491 27491
 Junior G said:

that they are true, if the fans cant even stand watching these coaches on the sidelines imagine what it would feel like to actually have these guys order you around and make u look stupid infront of HELLA people!!! i love The U but this has gone WAAAAAY too far and our TE's comments confirm it even more.... i just cant understand how our AD can sit back and be "ok" with all of this, i makes ZERO sense and everyone else can see it
 3 years ago '04        #12247
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,964 | Props total: 2746 2746
 Junior G said:
momma ain't lying

she prolly couldnt wait to unleash her true feelings now that duke is out of there
 3 years ago '05        #12248
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$53,923 | Props total: 6740 6740
robert knowles a beast ...if yall can get him in thats a good look
 3 years ago '08        #12249
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 Junior G said:
robert knowles a beast ...if yall can get him in thats a good look
we have about 10 other beasts on the roster and with proper coaching all of them can flourish in NFL but aint sh*t gonna happen with Golden here.

Williams is gone

Scarlett, Mullins are next
Waters wants to transfer

this sh*t is sad
 3 years ago '11        #12250
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
space
At one point, before West Orange running back Dexter Williams de-committed from Miami on Jan.2, Walton said he, Scarlett and Williams talked about forming a great trio of backs at Miami like Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee and Frank Gore.

Then, Walton said, the comments made late last month by Duke Johnson’s mother, Cassandra Prophet Mitchell, claiming the majority of players at UM would leave if not for NCAA transfer rules, put a scare into some recruits. Walton said Williams told him that is the reason he chose to de-commit.
 3 years ago '11        #12251
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
space
Not a good look at all
 3 years ago '05        #12252
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Plenty of fire al golden signs at the national championship

Also some one actually flew a banner that read "the U part 3 shalala / bot k!lled Miami football

Sheesh
 3 years ago '05        #12253
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
"I appreciate coach Singletary for playing me in a 4-3 to show what I can do!
....In college they asked me to play a two gap. I'm just thankful to coach Singletary for playing a 4-3"
chickillo at the east west shrine game

tryna find other tidbits

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah had lauded Chickillo for his work during the week's four practices. The teams played base 4-3 defenses in the game, and Chickillo was able to show off after spending most of the season as an end in a 3-4 set.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000459846/Anthony-Chickillo-interview
there really is no hope with our coaching staff

Last edited by Deeangoe; 01-17-2015 at 06:55 PM..
 3 years ago '11        #12254
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
space
 Deeangoe said:

tryna find other tidbits

Yup a bunch of clueless idiots
 3 years ago '04        #12255
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,964 | Props total: 2746 2746
 Deeangoe said:

tryna find other tidbits

3-9 season coming up
 3 years ago '06        #12256
csarvis3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,254 | Props total: 443 443
Any recruiting updates? I'm depressed as hell right now as a canes fan.
 3 years ago '08        #12257
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$407 | Props total: 11 11
 csarvis3 said:
Any recruiting updates? I'm depressed as hell right now as a canes fan.
a few de-commits but OLB Charles Perry should start classes next week. Oh and WR Lawrence Cager supposed to join this summer

Last edited by FSU_CANE561; 01-24-2015 at 08:52 AM..
 3 years ago '05        #12258
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Underachieving 'Canes quell doubt about their draft stock

Omar Kelly

January 23, 2014

Mobile, Al.

The Senior Bowl provided the perfect illustration of how iron is supposed to sharpen iron.

Phillip Dorsett's quickness had given cornerbacks trouble all week in practice, so few opted to press him tight. But Hurricanes cornerback Ladarius Gunter knows his college teammate's tendencies well enough, so he accepted the challenge in their red-zone rep of Thursday's afternoon practice.

Gunter crowded Dorsett at the line of scrimmage, took the inside position on the slant and jumped the route for an interception.
One Hurricane used the other to showcase his ability in this critical phase of the draft's evaluation process. But UM fans shouldn't be too concerned because all four of the Hurricanes who participate in this week's practice, and the two expected to play Saturday's Senior Bowl showcase game shined all week, enhancing their draft stock.

Dorsett, who pulled out of the game due to a strained back, was named the Senior Bowl's top performing receiver in practice. Gunter, who most experts projected as a late-round talent, drastically improved his stock showing off solid press skills.

Walford dominated practice, proving he's past the knee injury that kept him from participating in the Independence Bowl, and Denzel Perryman established himself as one of the week's most instinctive inside linebackers before coming down with an illness that will sideline him.
"All the Miami kids came here and play pretty well. Clive Walford has been a stud. Dorsett has got ludicrous speed," said Daniel Jeremiah, a draft analyst for NFL Network. "I'm kind of wondering, I don't remember Miami winning the national championship. They have a lot of good players!"

In fact, the Hurricanes, which produced a 6-7 record last season, are projected to have more players drafted in the three days of the NFL draft, which begins on April 30, than wins. As many as 10 will be drafted, if not invited to training camp, and most have a strong shot of making it onto an NFL roster.
The Hurricanes have two prospects - offensive tackle Ereck Flowers and Perryman - who are viewed as possible first round prospects, and another three – tailback Duke Johnson, Dorsett, Walford - who are considered to be top 100 talents in the 2015 draft.

And then there are sleepers like Gunter, who is quickly rising up the draft boards because of the Senior Bowl.
"The Miami cornerback is the only one that really impressed me this week," one NFC scout said about the Senior Bowl crop. "He fits what we do because he's got pressing ability."

Gunter also has decent size (6-2, 198 pounds). Problem is UM didn't use him much in a coverage that allowed him to press, and be physical.

The 3-4 scheme UM uses on defense, and style of coverage inn the secondary has become one of the major criticisms of Al Golden's four-year tenure, where he's produced a 28-22 overall record. And many NFL insiders believe it could be holding UM's prospects back.

Defensive end Anthony Chickillo, a four-year starter, shined during the East-West Shrine game last week, and during an in-game interview that immediately followed NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock singing his praises, Chickillo credited his success to not being in a two-gap scheme, which allowed him to be more aggressive, and get up field.

There's plenty of NFL whispers that like many Hurricanes who have become solid pros within the last eight years - Calais Campbell, Allen Bailey, Jimmy Graham, Sam Shields, Olivier Vernon, Orlando Franklin, Seantrel Henderson, Luther Robinson, Ray Ray Armstrong, Colin McCarthy and Allen Hurns - Chickillo and many others in this batch of UM talent might have better pro careers than they did in college.

There was once a day when NFL teams knew UM's draft prospects were ready to become immediate starters, if not impact players in the pros. These days UM's reputation is that the school produces underachievers.

"They had a great reputation, but those days are gone," one AFC executive said. "It's been a miracle what they've been able to accomplish with the resources they have. They might have the worst facilities in the ACC, and that's including their newest renovations. Wake Forest laps them."

This crop of draft prospects will probably have a chance to restore UM's good reputation, but to do that they must excel at the next level. And to do that they must clean up their flaws.

That's why Dorsett labeled the opportunity to showcase his all-around game a blessing.

"I'm just trying prove I'm a complete receiver, not a one trick pony. Not just a vertical guy. I'm a guy that can do the dirty work and make the catches," said Dorsett, who caught 121 passes for 2,132 yards (17.6 per reception) and scored 17 touchdowns during his four-year UM career. "I've always been a guy who can run good routes. I just never got a chance to show that at Miami because we didn't run many intermediate routes."
not recruiting news, but just more of what we know, scouts are scratching their heads why we are underperforming
 3 years ago '11        #12259
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
space
 Deeangoe said:
not recruiting news, but just more of what we know, scouts are scratching their heads why we are underperforming
 01-25-2015, 09:30 AM         #12260
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
crazy thing is the dolphins could use all of these guys should try to at least get perryman unless they get shaq thompson. would love duke to mix with miller in their run game and have tannehill throw less, then build a rapport with dorsett from the start like he is landry. and they need a press corner like gunter with his size.

um really fu*ked chickilo over. coaching staff should be gone after this year finally. much like the dolphins coaching staff
Home      

most viewed right now
Columbian teacher arrested for forcing students to have sex with her
147 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Why You Shouldn't Fly on Spirit Airlines
49 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Shots Fired: Blizzard's New Commercial Decimates EA & The Pay To Win Cu..
40 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
mario shoots a nice one
14 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sylvester Stallone accused of raping 16 yr old girl!
177 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Rap God Back: Official Eminem "Revival" Anticipation and Discusion thre..
271 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Y’all ever seen a thick comedian?
131 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom And a poom-poom
21 comments
2 days ago