Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #12221
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
McCrary Talks Junior Day
by
Tito Benach
Published on 01-13-2013 08:05 PM
10 Comments Comments
2014 Coral Reef receiver Jacob McCrary was in attendance for Miami’s Junior Day today.

“It went very well, I got to be around some kids that I knew such as Ermon Lane and Johhnie Dixon. Overall, it was a great experience at UM.”

McCrary described how the day went for them and some of the activities they participated in.

“We took pictures in the morning and after that we went to UM where we met all the coaches. Then they showed us the new facilities they are building, its going to look really nice. We also met with the coaches.”

McCrary enjoyed hanging around all the players including current hurricanes players.

“I hung out with Herb Waters. I talked to him for quite a bit and I also spoke with Tracy Howard. We talked about how lifestyle is on campus and what you have to do to get on the field.’

The Coral Reef stud also hung out with other recruits including Johnnie Dixon and Ermon Lane.

“Johhnie Dixon is doing his thing at Dwyer and Ermon Lane is doing his thing at Homestead. I know for a fact they both like UM, so thats good for Miami.”

While McCrary currently does not hold an offer from Miami, he spoke about how the Junior Day helped Miami in his eyes.

“It plays a part into it. I don’t have the offer yet, but I will keep Miami in my option because if they do offer me I will take them into consideration because they are the hometown team.”

Dixon and Lane

will see if we offer you like we said famo golden gotta think about it
 4 years ago '06        #12222
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

2014 DT Clark takes in Junior Day
by
Peter Ariz
Published on 01-13-2013 07:36 PM
15 Comments Comments
2014 Chaminade-Madonna DT Khairi Clark has made it no surprise that Miami is one of his top schools, and today he was on campus for Junior Day.

"My favorite part of the day was when Al Golden had the speech at the end and was speaking about the school. He was talking about how things are working out and how the team is and how he wants us to be if we commit there. I also learned that they had new facilities and locker rooms being built"

Something working in Miami's favor is the fact that his mother grew up a fan of the 'Canes.

"My mom came towards the end. She loves Miami because she grew up watching them and academics are important to her. They talked a lot about it today and that's one of their main focuses."

Asked if today moved Miami up his list more than they already were, Clark responded, "absolutely."

Clark lists Maryland, Clemson, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Tennessee, and Oregon as other schools he is considering.

Cane...
 4 years ago '06        #12223
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

Junior Day Solidifies Rudolph's Commitment
by
Peter Ariz
Published on 01-13-2013 08:00 PM
16 Comments Comments
2014 ATH Travis Rudolph is one of Miami's two commitments for the 2014 class, but there have been some rumors recently that stated he wasn't fully committed. After today, Rudolph feels a lot better about his choice.

"I felt that Miami is always the place for me because I was still committed, but today really boosted them."

What was his favorite part of the day?

"My favorite part of the day was just talking to the players and then with the coaches in the meeting room. I learned about the practice schedule, which I didn't know about before."

Rudolph is very close to Dwyer receiver Johnnie Dixon who was also in attendance. Rudolph said he even tried getting Dixon to commit to the 'Canes today.

"It's his decision, but I definitely mentioned it a couple times."

Rudolph had a breakout season on the field last year, but feels like there is still ways he can improve.

"I felt I did well because I improved on my catching and speed. I feel like there's always room for improvement, though."

Asked if there were any other schools he is considering, Rudolph said, "not at the moment."
beast 2014 going to be loaded
 4 years ago '06        #12224
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

Moten's Parents Loved Junior Day
by
Peter Ariz
Published on 01-13-2013 08:13 PM
14 Comments Comments
2014 DL Anthony Moten from St. Thomas Aquinas has been on the Miami campus multiple times already, but he was there again today for Junior Day along with both of his parents, who enjoyed their time.

"My mom and dad came with me. They loved everything about it especially the academics, the locker rooms, basically everything. I've been down there a bunch of times so I knew a lot of stuff and really didn't have any questions."

One of Moten's teammates, Corey Holmes, received a Miami offer today. Moten was happy when he received that news from Holmes.

"I was like, 'Corey, you ready to be a Cane?' and we just laughed about it. It's really somewhere we could go together and stay close to home and everybody could go to our games and our families could see us. It's a possibility we both end up here, but we'll see."

The 270-pound defensive lineman has developed a great relationship with defensive line coach Jethro Franklin.

"Me and Coach Franklin are really cool. My parents love him and everybody knows about him. We talked about what I need to do with working hard and getting in the weight room."

Moten was able to spend some with his former teammate at Aquinas and current Hurricane, Jelani Hamilton.

"We talked at lunch basically about the D-Line and his schedule."
WE MOVING WE MOVING
 4 years ago '06        #12225
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

Darling: I'm Still 100% Committed
by
Tito Benach
Published on 01-13-2013 08:35 PM
9 Comments Comments
2014 Miami Central (Fla.) tackle Trevor Darling has stated before that he was firmly committed to Miami. After visiting Miami today for Junior Day, that commitment is even stronger.

“It was good experience. I had fun communicating with some of the coaches and I had a lot of fun.”

Darling spoke about a lot of the activities including the campus tour and seeing the new facilities.

“We took a tour of the campus and we saw some of the new buildings and talked to us about what they are going to do with the program. I feel as if the program is going in a good direction.”

Darling’s favorite part of Junior Day was speaking with the cane coaches and also shared his thoughts on coach Kehoe.

“Just communicating with the coaches. I think coach Kehoe is a great guy, he can give you some good advice and he is a great guy to talk to.”

While Darling is already committed to Miami, he did admit that the Junior Day did help Miami.

“It definitely helps Miami. I’m still a hundred percent committed.”

One task the powerful offensive lineman is trying to do is trying to sway Clemson Commit Dalvin Cook, who was unable to make the Junior Day.

“I’m still working on Dalvin. I just tell him it’s a good school, come out and see what they are about see where they are headed and see with his own eyes.”

Darling hung out with other recruits during the day including 2014 running back Sony Michel.

“Basically we were just talking about coming to Miami.”

Beast O Lineman and he going to be Blocking for his Central teamate Cook
 4 years ago '06        #12226
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

2014 WR Holmes Talks Miami Offer
by
Peter Ariz
Published on 01-13-2013 06:06 PM
18 Comments Comments
Already with offers from some of the top programs in the country such as Florida and Michigan, 2014 WR Corey Holmes from St. Thomas Aquinas landed another huge offer today, this one from the University of Miami. The offer came at today's junior day.

"Everybody was sitting down and eating lunch and Coach D'Onofrio sat down with my dad while I was sitting with some of my teammates that had come down. They called me over and Coach D'Onofrio informed me that I had an offer from the University of Miami."

The offer wasn't necessarily a surprise to Holmes, but it's still significant to him.

"I was kind of expecting it because prior to today I had talked to Coach Golden and D'Onofrio and they were real excited that I was coming down today. They were showing signs of the offer, so I wasn't surprised, but I was very excited."

How does this now affect his status with Miami?

"It bumps them up in interest level because now I can involve them more in the recruiting process and start putting them in the mix more to pay attention to who they're getting and stuff like that."

It was a new experience for Holmes today, as it was his first time getting an up-close look at the Miami campus.

"I really just enjoyed getting on campus and being able to see the facilities and all of that. I had really only been there for a basketball game before and a football camp so I really didn't get to see much of the campus. I also enjoyed talking to some players like Jelani Hamilton who went to my high school, Phillip Dorsett, Deon Bush, and Tracy Howard for a while."
 4 years ago '05        #12227
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,654 | Props total: 3750 3750
i aint even impressed by none of these moves miami makin.....after some lil n*ggaz we aint even look at, sh*t we dont even know exist
 4 years ago '06        #12228
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 MRS. RONDO said:
i aint even impressed by none of these moves miami makin.....after some lil n*ggaz we aint even look at, sh*t we dont even know exist
ones commited to you and hes beggin for an offer
 4 years ago '05        #12229
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
yall like 40th in recruiting behind Louisiana Tech n sh*t....dont talk to me
 4 years ago '05        #12230
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
we bout to flip Jeremy kerr how ya luh dat
 4 years ago '05        #12231
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
4-star DE Tim Williams names Alabama his new leader after his OV via @BamaOnline247

stick to ya 2 stars
 4 years ago '06        #12232
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1107 1107
 MRS. RONDO said:
4-star DE Tim Williams names Alabama his new leader after his OV via @BamaOnline247

stick to ya 2 stars
bbbbut he's going to miami
 4 years ago '06        #12233
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1107 1107
2 star U at it again
 4 years ago '05        #12234
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Michael Johnson is better den Artie Burns

Miami-Dade County's Top 25 Class of 2013

Here's a look at Miami Herald Recruiting Analyst Larry Blustein's Top 25 seniors for Miami-Dade County.

1. Matthew Thomas, OLB, 6-4, 210, Booker T. Washington: Ever since his May 2011 appearance in a spring game against Blanche Ely, this is the player everyone has been watching.

2. Jamal Carter, S, 6-1, 185, Southridge: Since his debut, as a freshman, nobody has been followed more than this gifted University of Miami verbal commitment. This should be a huge year.

3. Paul James, DE, 6-4, 235, Norland: No matter if it was at Norland, where he started his high school career, Dr. Krop, or back with the Vikings, this is a prospect that everyone has been impressed with.

4. Denver Kirkland, OL, 6-3, 290, Booker T. Washington: This is a prospect that has been playing at a high level since his ninth grade season. Has emerged into one of the elite big men in Florida.

5. Darryl Chestnut, RB, 5-9, 175, Christopher Columbus: There is no doubt that this is a player who will emerge this year, and when he gets more carries, watch the numbers add up. This is a quality back with speed and instincts.

6. Michael Johnson, DB, 5-10, 175, Booker T. Washington: For those who didn’t see enough of this impressive FSU commitment last season, this spring and summer revealed a leader who was physical and talented as well.

7. Artie Burns, DB, 6-1 180, Northwestern: One of the most talked about defensive secondary performers in the state of Florida, who originally committed to Alabama before switching to the University of Miami. Huge season ahead for this speedster.

8. Lorenzo Woodley, RB, 6-0, 205, Christopher Columbus: After putting his name out there as a sophomore, this is a back who really had the chance to showcase his power and speed last season. His role will increase once again.

9. Stacy Thomas, DE, 6-3, 235, Gulliver Prep: There are not many football players who lineup as a receiver, tight end and defensive end – and play very well at all of them. With over 30 offers, this is a prospect who will make an impression.

10. Simeon Thomas, S, 6-3, 185, Carol City: First of many athletes who emerged at the end of his junior season, and into the spring and summer. A quality talent who displayed his athleticism and play-making abilities for all to see.

11. George Williams, LB, 5-11, 220, Hialeah: Another of the prospects who has been firmly on the radar screen since his ninth grade year. A physical, athletic play maker who has been one of the reasons the T-Breds continue to improve.

12. Lamar Robbins, DB, 6-3, 190, Southridge: Yet another of the many prospects who continue to make their way into the spotlight. This is a football player who could easily play receiver and also be among the best. Just knows how to play the game.

13. Charles Williams, S, 6-2, 180, Champagnat Catholic: Whether it’s as a quarterback, receiver or safety, this is one of those gifted athletes who can make a difference. A verbal commitment to Ole Miss.

14. Da’Wan Hunte, DB, 5-9, 185, Central: Yet another prospect who has been getting it done – with little fanfare – for a long time. A physical play maker who is on his way to North Carolina State.

15. Jesus Wilson, WR, 5-9, 175, Christopher Columbus: From his days as a youth football standout at Doral, to his play with the Explorers, this FSU verbal commitment has proven to be a prospect who can make a real difference.

16. Treyvon Williams, LB, 5-11, 215, Norland: One of the underexposed players from last year’s 5A state championship team, this is a true play maker who followed up his tremendous junior season with a productive off season.

17. Marquez Hodge, LB, 6-1, 210, Central: This Syracuse verbal commit has already proven, in the spring, that he will indeed be among the top players in South Florida. His quickness, strength and ability to read plays makes him a complete player.

18. Ahmad Thomas, S, 6-0, 195, Central: This one-time backup quarterback has emerged over the past two season into a physical, play-maker who helps to lead a quality secondary. He verbally committed to Oklahoma.

19. Anthony Walker, LB, 6-1, 210, Monsignor Pace: From safety to linebacker to a being the leader of the Spartans’ defense, this Northwestern University commit has turned into one of the quality players in the class. Exceptional student in the classroom as well.

20. Wendell Dunn, LB, 6-3, 210, Palmetto: From his days as a safety – in the ninth and 10th grades, this gifted football talent has become one of the premier players in South Florida. Several schools continue to watch his progress.

21. Isaac McDonald, OLB, 6-6, 215, Champagnat Catholic: Another of those prospects who has been on the radar for a few years, and as he looks toward his final season, this West Virginia-bound standout is looking for a huge season.

22. Leroy Clark, DB, 5-10, 180, Archbishop Carroll: Here is another of those players who has been receiving plenty of attention the past few years, and as he heads toward his final season, this two-way prospect continues to impress.

23. Xavier Hines, DB, 5-10, 180, Belen Jesuit: After a solid junior season, this is one of those elite prospects who is ready for a breakout year. A quality defensive back who also helps the Wolverines on the offensive side of the ball and on special teams.

24. Terrance Alls, WR, 6-1, 180, Dade Christian: Heads into the season as one of the elite prospects who has a chance to continue to impress with a solid senior year. Has been making major strides on both sides of the ball for the Crusaders.

25. Bo Ellis, RB, 5-9, 185, Gulliver Prep: A quality prospect who has already proven that he will be among the best backs in Florida this season. A superb back who can catch, run and block, and has the chance to elevate his status against a competitive schedule.

Read more here:
 4 years ago '05        #12235
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Tim Williams committed to Bama damn your dline sucks d!ck
 4 years ago '06        #12236
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 MRS. RONDO said:
Tim Williams committed to Bama damn your dline sucks d!ck
we already got AQM fu*kboy. dude wouldnt have started all 4 years here i dont blame him
 4 years ago '06        #12237
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 MRS. RONDO said:
Michael Johnson is better den Artie Burns

Miami-Dade County's Top 25 Class of 2013

Here's a look at Miami Herald Recruiting Analyst Larry Blustein's Top 25 seniors for Miami-Dade County.

1. Matthew Thomas, OLB, 6-4, 210, Booker T. Washington: Ever since his May 2011 appearance in a spring game against Blanche Ely, this is the player everyone has been watching.

2. Jamal Carter, S, 6-1, 185, Southridge: Since his debut, as a freshman, nobody has been followed more than this gifted University of Miami verbal commitment. This should be a huge year.

3. Paul James, DE, 6-4, 235, Norland: No matter if it was at Norland, where he started his high school career, Dr. Krop, or back with the Vikings, this is a prospect that everyone has been impressed with.

4. Denver Kirkland, OL, 6-3, 290, Booker T. Washington: This is a prospect that has been playing at a high level since his ninth grade season. Has emerged into one of the elite big men in Florida.

5. Darryl Chestnut, RB, 5-9, 175, Christopher Columbus: There is no doubt that this is a player who will emerge this year, and when he gets more carries, watch the numbers add up. This is a quality back with speed and instincts.

6. Michael Johnson, DB, 5-10, 175, Booker T. Washington: For those who didn’t see enough of this impressive FSU commitment last season, this spring and summer revealed a leader who was physical and talented as well.

7. Artie Burns, DB, 6-1 180, Northwestern: One of the most talked about defensive secondary performers in the state of Florida, who originally committed to Alabama before switching to the University of Miami. Huge season ahead for this speedster.

8. Lorenzo Woodley, RB, 6-0, 205, Christopher Columbus: After putting his name out there as a sophomore, this is a back who really had the chance to showcase his power and speed last season. His role will increase once again.

9. Stacy Thomas, DE, 6-3, 235, Gulliver Prep: There are not many football players who lineup as a receiver, tight end and defensive end – and play very well at all of them. With over 30 offers, this is a prospect who will make an impression.

10. Simeon Thomas, S, 6-3, 185, Carol City: First of many athletes who emerged at the end of his junior season, and into the spring and summer. A quality talent who displayed his athleticism and play-making abilities for all to see.

11. George Williams, LB, 5-11, 220, Hialeah: Another of the prospects who has been firmly on the radar screen since his ninth grade year. A physical, athletic play maker who has been one of the reasons the T-Breds continue to improve.

12. Lamar Robbins, DB, 6-3, 190, Southridge: Yet another of the many prospects who continue to make their way into the spotlight. This is a football player who could easily play receiver and also be among the best. Just knows how to play the game.

13. Charles Williams, S, 6-2, 180, Champagnat Catholic: Whether it’s as a quarterback, receiver or safety, this is one of those gifted athletes who can make a difference. A verbal commitment to Ole Miss.

14. Da’Wan Hunte, DB, 5-9, 185, Central: Yet another prospect who has been getting it done – with little fanfare – for a long time. A physical play maker who is on his way to North Carolina State.

15. Jesus Wilson, WR, 5-9, 175, Christopher Columbus: From his days as a youth football standout at Doral, to his play with the Explorers, this FSU verbal commitment has proven to be a prospect who can make a real difference.

16. Treyvon Williams, LB, 5-11, 215, Norland: One of the underexposed players from last year’s 5A state championship team, this is a true play maker who followed up his tremendous junior season with a productive off season.

17. Marquez Hodge, LB, 6-1, 210, Central: This Syracuse verbal commit has already proven, in the spring, that he will indeed be among the top players in South Florida. His quickness, strength and ability to read plays makes him a complete player.

18. Ahmad Thomas, S, 6-0, 195, Central: This one-time backup quarterback has emerged over the past two season into a physical, play-maker who helps to lead a quality secondary. He verbally committed to Oklahoma.

19. Anthony Walker, LB, 6-1, 210, Monsignor Pace: From safety to linebacker to a being the leader of the Spartans’ defense, this Northwestern University commit has turned into one of the quality players in the class. Exceptional student in the classroom as well.

20. Wendell Dunn, LB, 6-3, 210, Palmetto: From his days as a safety – in the ninth and 10th grades, this gifted football talent has become one of the premier players in South Florida. Several schools continue to watch his progress.

21. Isaac McDonald, OLB, 6-6, 215, Champagnat Catholic: Another of those prospects who has been on the radar for a few years, and as he looks toward his final season, this West Virginia-bound standout is looking for a huge season.

22. Leroy Clark, DB, 5-10, 180, Archbishop Carroll: Here is another of those players who has been receiving plenty of attention the past few years, and as he heads toward his final season, this two-way prospect continues to impress.

23. Xavier Hines, DB, 5-10, 180, Belen Jesuit: After a solid junior season, this is one of those elite prospects who is ready for a breakout year. A quality defensive back who also helps the Wolverines on the offensive side of the ball and on special teams.

24. Terrance Alls, WR, 6-1, 180, Dade Christian: Heads into the season as one of the elite prospects who has a chance to continue to impress with a solid senior year. Has been making major strides on both sides of the ball for the Crusaders.

25. Bo Ellis, RB, 5-9, 185, Gulliver Prep: A quality prospect who has already proven that he will be among the best backs in Florida this season. A superb back who can catch, run and block, and has the chance to elevate his status against a competitive schedule.

Read more here:
that bum jesus wilson lol @ johnson over burns

but damn look at Golden locking down south florida
 4 years ago '05        #12238
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 DEDOS said:
we already got AQM fu*kboy. dude wouldnt have started all 4 years here i dont blame him
we picked up the #1 DE's and DT's last year and still landed Demarcus Walker this year and soon to pull Keith Bryant not to mention Casher who is RS

it's called depth jackass that's what makes great dlines.......yall aint got sh*t enjoy gettin pushed over again next season
 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM         #12239
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
when will he learn

5 stars on 5 stars on 5 stars

Last edited by Cheeze; 01-14-2013 at 06:44 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #12240
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
uh those 4 n 5 stars led us to a BCS Bowl win for the first time in 10 years....what them 2 n 3 stars doin for you
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy