Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
217 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
161 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #SPN: Zashia Santiago
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1201
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,797 | Props total: 1400 1400
Tuesday's News and Notes

[pic - click to view]

Forget the ones vs. ones and twos vs. twos of past Spring Games.

New coach Randy Shannon has a new system he'll use to entertain fans and evaluate his players this Saturday at the Orange Bowl.

He is splitting the team in half, with offensive and defensive players on each team. One team will wear white, the other will wear orange.

One team will lose, one will win.

One team will have Kirby Freeman, one will have Kyle Wright -- yes, Shannon said both will play in this scrimmage, as opposed to the last one when Freeman was held out.

It should make for a more exciting scrimmage at the Orange Bowl.

"It'll be more like a game," Shannon said. "It's going to be an Orange vs. White scrimmage and we'll see who can respond in a scrimmage situation."

The Orange and White teams will be split evenly between starters and backups.

Evenly, at least, according to Shannon.

He'll be "drafting" both teams himself.

"Both teams are equal," Shannon said. "Change is good. If you keep going offense vs. defense, sometimes you need the players to have their own teams and it'll be more competitive.

"Fans can watch and pick a side -- either Orange or White, instead of defense vs. offense. It'll be fun."

* In today's final 11-on-11 work, which ended with a two-minute drill, H-back Chris Zellner made a big catch to put the offense in field goal position. And Matt Bosher hammered home the "winning" kick.

"The offense needed a field goal and they got it," DB Willie Cooper said. "So they won the game."

TE DajLeon Farr added, "Zellner had a great catch. The defense put a lot of new blitzes in, but the O-line picked them up every time. It was a pretty good practice for us."

Of how the offense is coming together, Farr said, "This is the same thing we had to go through last spring with learning a new offense, but I feel we're farther along than we were last spring."

* RB Javarris James says he feels he still has a lot of work to do.

"I've been getting the offense down pat, but I feel there's a lot of things I have to work on as far as pass blocking, awareness of where I am on the field, and have that niche where if it's fourth-and-one, I have to go get it," he said. "Just my overall game, your game is never perfect. There's always going to be something to work on."

James said of potentially teaming up with Graig Cooper in the same backfield during the season that "Oh, man, we can be very dangerous. It's dangerous with me and him back there. It's dangerous.

"I feel everyone in our backfield can get the job done. Hopefully when the Spring Game comes up everyone can show their skills."

* LB Colin McCarthy said of his progress this spring that "I'm working day by day and hopefully come Marshall I'll get the opportunity.

"Whenever I'm in there I just try to make plays. That's all. I'm having a good spring. I'm happy with it."

McCarthy already has a handful of interceptions this spring.

* Linebackers coach and former UM and NFL star Michael Barrow has turned one thing from his playing days into a coaching tool.

"I told the [linebackers that] as a player I had this motto `COBTB,'" Barrow said. "I got it from Alonzo Highsmith. It means `Committed on being the best.' I say `As a coach I'm COHYBTB –- Committed on helping you be the best.'

"All I want guys to do is come in, be hard workers and just be committed on being the best. That's all I can ask for. If they have that attitude, then good things are going to happen."
 10 years ago '04        #1202
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Coach Shannon's Wednsday Q&A

Q: How was practice today?

Shannon: It was okay, another day of spring football -- just trying to get better working on a couple of situations coming off the goal line and sudden change situations.

Q: Has the spring gone faster than you imagined?

Shannon: Oh, it's always going fast because you only get 15 days. You always want 25 as coaches, but that's part of it.

Q: When do you begin splitting up the Orange and White teams in practice? Do they work with each other before the Spring Game?

Shannon: Not at all. You have to treat it like if someone gets hurt, you have to work with the next guy.

Q: Eddie Robinson passed away. Did you ever meet him?

Shannon: I never met Eddie. As a kid they came down here to play in the Orange Bowl. It was $2 a ticket back then, you catch the 15 bus to the Orange Bowl.

Q: He opened up doors for minority coaches.

Shannon: He opened up a lot of doors for minority coaches. A lot of coaches respected him for what he did. It's always tragic when you lose somebody who's been part of football that long and been an ambassador to college football. It's kind of tough. It's a sad day.

Q: What's the most valuable thing you've taken as a coach from this first spring?

Shannon: Never underestimate anything that you do. Always stay on top of small things.

Q: What about for the team?

Shannon: The same thing. Just keep working on the small things and be accountable.

Q: What's going on in the kicking game?

Shannon: They get a little better every week. That's all you know. You have to find the right guy who can kick and the right guy who can punt.

Q: So you haven't found that yet?

Shannon: Don't know yet.

Q: Might you use a late scholarship on another kicker?

Shannon: We have scholarships open. If we can find a good kicker we will.

Q: Do you have anyone in mind right now?

Shannon: Not that I know of. Not right now.

Q: How are players responding to the fact that you're not announcing lineups until sometime in the fall?

Shannon: I think they're responding to it because they see we've put guys in situations where if you're not producing we're going to put you on second team. Teraz McCray last week went second team all week because he had two personal fouls in the scrimmage. You have to treat that as a game type situation. If a guy is not performing we'll move somebody quick and get the next guy in. We're always going to rotate and find out who can get it done all the time.

Q: Was McCray rotated back to first team this week?

Shannon: Yes, because that's his one game suspension
 10 years ago '04        #1203
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Wednsday's News and Notes

Javarris James coughed up the ball on a big hit by Josh Holmes
* The defensive line had its way with the offensive line today. The highlight of the day: On one goal line play DT Josh Holmes simply leveled RB Javarris James, forcing a fumble that the defense recovered.

The offensive play was so poor at times that coach Randy Shannon even stopped the practice and made the offense run.

* Sources tell CaneSport that RB Graig Cooper has a broken finger. Coach Randy Shannon has said Cooper likely won't play in the spring game, but he has not offered specifics on the injury. Cooper was not watching on at practice today. Shannon said he had a doctor's appointment.

* WR coach Marques Mosely said Sam Shields and Ryan Hill are getting extended reps with all the injuries at receiver.

"They're not freshmen anymore, they can't play like freshmen," Mosely said. "We're going to expect a lot out of them this year."

Mosely was asked how many of the incoming freshmen receivers he hopes to play this year.

"If all four are ready to go they'll play this year," Mosely said. "I'm not going to wait, prepare them to redshirt. They're going to be prepared to play this year if need be. Right now they need to play this year."

Mosely said of WRs Shields, Hill and Khalil Jones that "They all have a long ways to go. Sam and Ryan are younger guys, Khalil knows the tempo, the level of what we expect out of our guys. Sam and Ryan just need to pick it up a little more, be consistent in what they're doing."

While walkon receivers have gotten a lot of work this spring, Mosely said he doesn't see any of them playing in the fall right now.

Has the lack of receiver depth affected the quarterbacks negatively this spring?

"No, I don't think so," Mosely said. "The quarterbacks have their job to do and the receivers have their job to do. For us to say the quarterbacks have lacked ... not at all. It's just getting chemistry with the quarterbacks as well as receivers. We can't fault one another. We just have to work together as a team."

Asked if it's fair to a.ssume that Darnell Jenkins and Lance Leggett will begin the fall with the first group, Mosely said, "Who knows what may happen? These freshmen may come in and have a great summer, pick up our information rapidly and beat Lance and Darnell out. That would be great for us. Who will start against Marshall? We'll find out when we step on the field against Marshall."

* DB coach Wesley McGriff earned the quote of the day. When asked if he's coached a lot of press coverage in the past, he said, "I'm a press man. I've got press in my suitcase. I take it everywhere I go."

McGriff said he's moved around the defensive backs in case there are injuries.

Anthony Redd*ck and Kenny Phillips have played cornerback, and Randy Phillips has tried some safety.

"No one's got a starting job right now," McGriff said, adding, "I've been really impressed with the way Redd*ck has played corner."

* Want to know more about the quarterback battle between Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman?

Don't look for any hints on how they're doing from other players [Wright and Freeman are under a media gag order this spring].

"We're not supposed to be making comments on them," offensive lineman Derrick Morse said.

Morse says he's not sure if he'll be playing in the Spring Game. He's back at practice but is not at 100 percent from a leg injury that cost him most of the spring.

* The Orange vs. White rosters for the spring game will be unveiled on Friday, according to Miami's Sports Information Department. Shannon has said he "drafted" two equal teams for the game.

RANDY'S SENSE OF HUMOR?

It's been no secret that members of the media have had trouble eliciting answers from first year coach Randy Shannon.

Today Shannon had an interesting exchange with reporters:

Reporter No. 1: "Is media day still the first day for quarterback availability or maybe after the spring game? Have you decided yet?"

Shannon: "I haven't decided yet."

Reporter No. 2: "That's interesting. Are the quarterbacks available or not available after the scrimmage?"

Shannon: "Quarterbacks? Oh please, No."

Reporter No. 1: "Good one, Randy."
 10 years ago '04        #1204
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Canes Pick Up Huge Commitment

Film:

[pic - click to view]

Pompano Beach Ely DB Patrick Johnson was playing the recruiting game.

But not anymore.

"It's Miami -- I committed a couple of weeks ago," Johnson said. "I committed to coach (Wesley) McGriff and (Randy) Shannon over the phone."

But Johnson didn't say anything publicly, saying at one point that Florida State was at the top of his list with the Canes.

On Tuesday, though, Johnson attended UM's practice and again reiterated the commitment. This time he decided he might as well make it public.

"I made it official when I went by yesterday," the 6-foot-1, 190-pounder with 4.40-second speed said. "I told coach Shannon I'm ready to be a part of the family. He was like `It's great to have you!'

"We just talked about the upcoming season and about the things I can bring to the table. Coach Shannone was just telling me about the Hurricanes and how they're going to be on the verge of moving back (to winning ways)."

Asked why he initially kept the commitment secret, Johnson said, "No particular reason."

He says he won't be taking any visits other than to Miami.

"It's pretty over with," Johnson said. "I'm locked in right now."

Johnson says he will be graduating high school early and will be at UM in January.

"It takes a big load off making the decision now," he said. "It's pretty definite I'll [graduate early]. I took the ACT, am just waiting on the score."

His goals as a Cane?

"One of my goals is going in as a true freshman and getting playing time, returning kicks and getting tackles and make the fans happy," he said. "And to graduate."

Johnson plans to study business at UM.

He was recruited as a cornerback, and he also could return kicks -- last year he had a 72-yard punt return for a score and brought back kickoff returns for touchdowns from 98 and 84 yards.

He also had 54 tackles and seven interceptions.

Johnson showed off his ability in one-on-one drills at the recent Miami Nike Camp.

An invitation-only camp with elite talent from South Florida, Johnson intercepted the first two passes thrown his way. The third one was a quick slant that was incomplete, and he intercepted the fourth pass.

He is a tremendous talent.

And he will be staying close to home for college.

"Me and him had a talk about it being close to home," Patrick Johnson Sr. said. "I told him the decision he makes he has to live with it. He's following his dream playing for the Hurricanes. When we watch college football it was always `UM, UM, UM.' His cousin [Bryant McFadden] played at FSU so he liked them too. But it's more him liking the team he grew up on. I think it'll be good for him to be a Hurricane."
 10 years ago '06        #1205
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,683 | Props total: 12216 12216
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

lets hope he dosent flip flop again

:rasta:
 10 years ago '06        #1206
csarvis3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,139 | Props total: 217 217
huge pickup
 10 years ago '06        #1207
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
they usually start ranking players when the season is over right ????

10 years ago '04        #1208
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
i heard that we will probably pick up 2-3 commitments after the spring game this weekend
 10 years ago '04        #1209
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 C.R.I.P. said:
i heard that we will probably pick up 2-3 commitments after the spring game this weekend
Damn ... probably dem boyz from Northwestern?

dat'd be straiiiiiiiiiiiiiight as fu*k.
 10 years ago '06        #1210
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 10 years ago '05        #1211
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
no roster for the orange and white game?
 10 years ago '04        #1212
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Taking South Florida Back

The Miami Hurricanes were accustomed to taking home the best of the best when it came to South Florida. But just as recently as last year, the Canes lost out on top prospects Deonte Thompson and Major Wright just to name a few. Now, with the departure of Larry Coker and hiring of Randy Shannon, the Hurricanes are making sure that South Florida is put on lock down. So far, the Canes are off to an extremely hot start. We spoke with Canes Sport publisher Gary Ferman about their recent success and how this bodes for Miami fans in the future.

[pic - click to view]

Johnson recently committed to the Hurricanes
As former defensive coordinator and current head coach of the Miami Hurricanes, Randy Shannon has always been a tenacious recruiter. But now, the head skipper is running the entire show, not just the defense. That decision alone by the University of Miami has created a lot of excitement around the Hurricane football program. It hasn't just affected the football team, but also the recruiting front where Shannon is known as a coach many high school kids look up to.

"The kids see what's going on with each school and with the relationships Coach Shannon has built around the South Florida area is as strong as it gets. Many kids look up to Randy as a father figure and he is very trust worthy to each and every prospect he comes in contact with so that attracts a lot of prospects to feel extremely comfortable with him," explained Canes Sport Publisher Gary Ferman.

While Miami's struggles were noted last year on the football field - finishing with their second straight 7-6 season, a change appeared to be just what the doctor ordered. The tough year for the Hurricanes also seemed to have an effect on the recruiting front as well, losing out on top prospects such as Deonte Thompson and Major Wright.

"I don't think it was that much of a drop off around the South Florida area because sometimes you are going to have guys that want to get out of the area. With that said Miami has more than landed the top prospects from South Florida and I know with Coach Shannon, keeping the talent close to home has been extremely important on the recruiting front. You have to understand that a lot of these kids around the Miami Dade area and South Florida have probably known Randy since they were picking up a football because he's a personable, honest and down to earth guy that parents and kids just fall in love with.

[pic - click to view]

Regis helped lead Pahokee to a state championship last season
Living up to his record as one of the best recruiters not only in the state of Florida, but in the nation, Coach Shannon has already made a strong impact in South Florida as well as the entire state of Florida with commitments from Patrick Johnson, Brandon Washington, and Micanor Regis.

Johnson is considered to be the top defensive back prospect out of Florida and comes in rated by FlaVarsity.com as the no. 2 prospect around the state. Then there is Northwestern OL Brandon Washington (no. 14) who is also considered one of the best offensive linemen in the state, if not the top lineman. Then finally the Hurricanes nabbed a furious defensive tackle prospect in Pahokee defensive tackle Micanor Regis (no. 16) who is rated as one of the top two defensive linemen in all of Florida. All three talented prospects are rated in the 20 players around Florida according to the latest FlaVarsity.com Top 100.

"To be honest, it's probably the best start in recruiting that Miami has ever had when you talk about three big name guys like Patrick Johnson, Brandon Washington and Micanor Regis. Every single one of those prospects could be rated no. 1 at their position in the state, so I don't think there is any question that it's a big plus for Miami to have so many top rated guys this early in the process."

The Hurricanes are also showing no signs of slowing down with Miami heavily involved with prospects such as Xavier Brewer, C.J. Holton, Nigel Bradham, and Brandon Harris from Booker T. Washington.

[pic - click to view]

Washington is considered one of the best OL linemen in the state
"There is no question that the staff has been very a.ssertive about getting the word out about the direction of the Miami program and where they want to be. Now it just has to transfer on the football field, but you can really sense the excitement around Miami football again, no doubt about that."

Those prospects listed also didn't include the biggest pipeline for the Hurricanes the Miami Northwestern Bulls and according to Ferman, the Hurricanes could be tough to beat. Making matters worse the Bulls have probably their strongest team in history as they boast over nine D-I prospects. Six of those prospects are rated in the top 35 for the FlaVarsity.com Top 100.

"I think you have to consider Miami as being the favorite for all of the Northwestern kids, especially with the fact that the school is just right down the road and the history Miami has had recruiting over at Miami Northwestern."

With the commitment of Brandon Washington and the heavy leanings by LB Sean Spence and Marcus Fortson, the Hurricanes have made it clear they want to protect the home front. Helping Miami further this season is the amount of talent not only in the Miami area, but in South Florida alone.

"It helps a ton this year because you have a new staff at Miami, but not only that you have a lot of top prospects that are close to home. This might be the best crop of talent around this area that I have seen in quite some time. I mean you usually have the quality, but not the quantity like it this season. The advantage of being able to show a new era is taking off and the early relationships most kids have developed at a young age with this staff is a solid advantage for Miami."

You can't really argue with the results so far and this recruiting class could be one of the best the Miami Hurricane fans have seen in quite some time. Whether Miami can keep the solid string going might not be a question, but more a formality with the Hurricanes setting the tone early.
 10 years ago '04        #1213
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
2007 Spring Game Orange vs. White

ORANGE OFFENSE

Offensive Linemen
79 Chris Barney
72 Andrew Bain
46 John Rochford
76 Chris Rutledge
68 Ian Symonette

Wide Receivers
83 Sam Shields
13 Ryan Hill
85 Brian McNeil

Tight Ends

88 Chris Zellner
82 Eric Kirchenberg

Quarterback
3 Kyle Wright

Running Backs
34 Charlie Jones
21 Derron Thomas
41 Jerrell Mabry

ORANGE DEFENSE

Defensive Linemen
81 Calais Campbell
90 Steven Wesley
47 Vegas Franklin
92 Josh Holmes
54 Teraz McCray

Linebackers
59 Eric Houston
44 Colin McCarthy
52 Tavares Gooden

Defensive Backs
27 Carlos Armour
24 Chavez Grant
28 Willie Cooper
26 Anthony Redd*ck

WHITE OFFENSE

Offensive Linemen
73 Cyrim Wimbs
61 Joel Figueroa
65 Matt Pipho
69 Jonathan Teske
77 Reggie Youngblood

Wide Receivers
87 Khalil Jones
33 Joe Tolliver
19 Terrance Thomason

Tight Ends
11 DajLeon Farr
18 Dedrick Epps

Quarterback
7 Kirby Freeman

Running Backs
5 Javarris James
36 Kylan Robinson
45 James Bryant
46 Gabriel Diaz

WHITE DEFENSE

Defensive Linemen
94 Eric Moncur
49 Courtney Harris
84 Richard Gordon
96 Antonio Dixon
93 Dwayne Hendricks
75 Chaz Washington

Linebackers
55 Glenn Cook
48 Spencer Adkins
58 Demetri Stewart

Defensive Backs
6 Randy Phillips
20 Doug Wiggins
66 Dan Warren
35 Lovon Ponder
1 Kenny Phillips
 10 years ago '04        #1214
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Coach Shannon's Friday Q&A

Q: What was your thought process in dividing the teams for the Orange vs. White scrimmage tomorrow?

Shannon: To make it a more competitive deal, game-like situations [where] guys can cheer and root for each other.

Q: How much fun will it be for the players?

Shannon: Really fun. They're going to be rooting for each other, pointing fingers. They don't know this, but whoever wins tomorrow gets to eat in the lunch line first. The other guys have to wait second. They'll find that out afterwards or in about 15 minutes on the website.

Q: Why the day off yesterday?

Shannon: We needed a break, throw them a bone.

Q: How much more competitive is the team this year? That's been your mantra, competitiveness.

Shannon: You have to compete at everything you do, and if you don't you're never going to be successful. So that's the biggest thing we try to do, is be competitive with everything so when they get in the game they're always going to compete no matter what the circumstance is.

Q: Do you see them stepping it up a notch in practices?

Shannon: You know what? Sometimes I do something in practice and it'll be like `Whoa!' But then they understand why I'm doing it, and when the next group comes out they focus on it even better. So yeah, they understand it.

Q: How nice is it to see all these old friends at Alumni Day?

Shannon: It is. You see a lot of different guys and it's fun and you get excited about it.

Q: Any advice from Jimmy Johnson for you?

Shannon: We just talked about old times and what we do and stuff like that. He was kind of funny, said, `Well, you wanted this business, so you're into it now.' He's always complimentary of what I'm doing. He's always been supportive.

Q: With the quarterbacks, what are you looking for from them tomorrow?

Shannon: Nothing. Just to be themselves. That's it, nothing else. I'll put it to you this way: Make this scrimmage tomorrow like Miami against a Florida State. This is your 11 guys on offense, this is your 11 guys on defense. Play. And let's see who can win games that way. We're going to develop a team chemistry now; tomorrow we're really going to see what happens and how they get it done.

Q: What's been the biggest challenge for you?

Shannon: You can't please everybody. That's been the biggest challenge. You can't please everybody, so you do what you feel is best and you move on. Some people don't like what you do, but if you can go home and sleep at night comfortably, you're doing the best thing you can do. You can't please everybody. You can't please the fans, the critics, this group, that group. Somebody's going to be upset with you in life. Everybody faces it. You just have to deal with it.
 10 years ago '04        #1215
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Orange vs White: Players Already Talking Trash

[pic - click to view]

DE Calais Campbell says he'll get five sacks.

RB Javarris James says he's ready for a big-time battle.

Campbell says he's shooting for five sacks tomorrow
LB Tavares Gooden says it's going to be "headache time" for the opposing offense.

It's not quite the Florida State game.

But the way these players are talking it's a close second.

The Hurricanes are playing the Hurricanes tomorrow.

Instead of the usual offense vs. defense Spring Game, coach Randy Shannon split the team into two units that will compete against each other as if it's a real game.

The Spring Game doesn't kick off until 10 a.m. at the Orange Bowl, but don't tell that to the players. The war of words began after practice today when the Spring Game rosters were released.

Kyle Wright quarterbacks the Orange team; Kirby Freeman the White team. For the full roster breakdown CLICK HERE.

The players are certainly talking as though this is a real game.

The Orange team's Gooden, asked if he'll be hanging out with White linebackers Glenn Cook and Spencer Adkins tonight, said, "They're not my friends now. It's team now. At 12 o'clock midnight they're not my friends anymore. They're enemies."

Asked what he'll do if James runs the ball in his vicinity tomorrow, Gooden simply said, "It's headache time tomorrow."

Ask Campbell if opposing quarterback Kirby Freeman should be worried and the 6-foot-8 defensive end says, "Most definitely. Kirby has some wheels now, so I have to be ready to make a play."

Campbell's parting message to Freeman?

"Hey, watch out baby," Campbell said. "The Orange team is going on top."

James began jawing with Campbell after that.

James said, with Campbell standing next to him, that "He's a future first round pick, but the White squad -- if I was to bet who would win, I'd pick the white squad."

Campbell then turned to James.

"Hey," Campbell said. "I'm going to make you fumble twice."

James wasn't rattled.

He stared down Campbell and said "I don't talk junk. We're going to go out there and be strictly business. We're not going to go out there talking. I know you're going to be the loudest guy on the field, yelling and screaming. If this was last year and this was my first game, maybe I'd have been scared. But now I've got you beat."

Then Campbell started jumping up and down yelling "Let's go, baby, bring it!"

It should be obvious by now that these players truly care which team wins tomorrow.

"I want to win," Gooden says. "That's the name of the game, winning. We have friends on Florida State, but once you're on that line all the friend stuff goes away."

Orange team receiver Sam Shields says, "We've got to win. We separated the team, so we've just got to go at it."

White team receiver Khalil Jones wasn't buying what Shields was saying: "Forget Sam, man," Jones said. "I know I'm not losing. Forget that. We've got Javarris, Kirby."

Then Jones calls Sam over.

"Hey Sam," Jones said. "Y'all are going to lose, man. Call it a day, man. We're good. We're going to win."

And this talk is before players found out that Shannon will be rewarding the winning team.

Whichever team comes out on top gets to go first on the meal line tomorrow.

Gooden sums up best what many players are feeling -- when asked if he'll at least be rooting for the White defense a little bit, Gooden says, "My team is my team. I'm going Orange, baby. I don't have a choice. We want to win. We've got to get a win baby. I want a lot of points."

One player who isn't toeing the party line is DB Carlos Armour, who is on the Orange team.

Ask who is going to win and his answer is simple.

"The defense," he says.

Not the Orange team?

"Hey, the Orange defense," he amends, adding, "Orange is going to win, but I want the Orange and White defense to dominate."

One thing Armour can agree on with his fellow Orange team members: "We're going to line up and dominate. I'm going to dominate all the receivers."

The new Spring Game format has certainly breathed new life into what had typically been a typical scrimamge format in the past.

Players say it's more special now, different than a regular scrimmage.

"I like this format because it's a more competitive edge," Armour said. "You have to be accountable and rely on the other 10 players out there on the field with you."

Perhaps the fairest a.ssessment of who might win tomorrow comes from FB James Bryant.

"The teams look pretty even," Bryant said. "[Shannon] did a good job [selecting the teams]."

* Today was alumni day and numerous former players were in attendance. Among those watching on at Greentree Practice Field: former coach Jimmy Johnson, UM President Donna Shalala and Athletic Director Paul Dee. Also in attendance were former stars such as Gino Torretta, Steve Walsh and Russell Maryland.

* WR Sam Shields had a pair of touchdowns today, once on a goal line slant and also on a 35-yard post.

"For our whole offense this was our best practice," Shields said.

Of how his spring has gone, Shields said, "I'm happy with it. I just have to keep working."
 10 years ago '06        #1216
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
good looks
 10 years ago '04        #1217
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
watchin this right now on CSS
orange team defense is pitchin a shutout
 10 years ago '04        #1218
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
watchin this right now on CSS
orange team defense is pitchin a shutout
Damn i don't know what the fu*k i was doing watching the gay a.ss Sooners scrimmage
 10 years ago '04        #1219
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
ah sh*t is it over? they're showing some damn hockey game right now on CSS.

Damn can any of u guys tape that sh*t or, have a stream somewhere...
 10 years ago '04        #1220
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Cap Peeler said:
ah sh*t is it over? they're showing some damn hockey game right now on CSS.

Damn can any of u guys tape that sh*t or, have a stream somewhere...
i'm pretty sure CRIP or someone will get a link to it, plus CSS always replays sh*t
didnt really miss much, two vanilla offenses that didnt show a whole lot
the defenses looked superfast (as usual)
i think we'll have one of, if not the best, secondaries in the nation
javarris james injured his ankle, coach shannon said it wasnt serious tho
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
221 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
134 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
50 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 6 - 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Se..
129 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
154 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy