70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
155 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-27-2006, 05:41 PM         #101
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 27, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Don't be surprised to see a new face in the Hurricane backfield on Saturday.

True freshman running back Javarris James has run with the first team in coming out drills this week and is getting most of the reps with the ones in practice ahead of Charlie Jones.

But coach Larry Coker stopped short of formally announcing him as the starter following practice today.

"He's in the mix to start," Coker said. "He's definitely in contention to start. He'll play a lot. He's going to pick up his role a little bit."

For his part, James said he's excited about the opportunity for an expanded role and potentially earning his first start ever as a Hurricane.

"So far I'm working with the ones," James said. "It's a gametime decision (if I'll start). I might, I might not. I'm preparing in every way I can.

"I'm doing pretty well, I'm picking up on more things."

Asked, if he does start, what that would mean to him, James said, "It's a goal. I'm really looking forward to it if it does happen."

James said he was told on Monday that he might start.

"Coach (Rich) Olson told me I'd be working with the ones a bit more now," James said. "I'm ready, man. I'm excited to go out there and try to do my thing."

Quarterback Kyle Wright said his expectations for James are "High. He's gotten a lot of work in practice this week (wiht the ones) and has done a good job. He's not a freshman anymore. He's gotten quality playing time in the first three games. I think he'll step in and do a good job."

* Coker reiterated that Dedrick Epps has been elevated at H-back with Chris Zellner out with injury. And Coker said, "James Bryant is in that mix also."

Coker added, "We really miss Chris. He's very proficient at that position."

If UM opens with Epps at H-back, it's conceivable that four true freshmen will be in the offensive lineup: Epps, James, Sam Shields and Jason Fox.
 10 years ago '04        #102
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1402 1402
man fu*k....we need a fu*kin FB not that H-Back bullsh*t
 09-27-2006, 06:11 PM         #103
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i live right next to my boy Quadtrine hill.....

seen his ring and everything..... we have been great at that position since he was there and najia davenport too.... now were weak there
 10 years ago '04        #104
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Is Q.Hill still gonna try to make it in the NFL?

i hope so....he was always an favorite of mine cause he never complained about how many times he got the ball, he went out there and gave it his all every down,every play and he was an hardworker...he desereves to be on an NFL team.

man..i miss him.
 09-27-2006, 07:05 PM         #105
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah Hill was always one of my favorite Canes.. He always came to work and was always that n*gga.. He should have a spot in the NFL.. The patriots should give him a call.
 10 years ago '04        #106
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
yeah he fits the Patriots Blue Collar type of player Theme...not the biggest/strongest/fastest...but he's smart, plays hard and is very talented
 09-27-2006, 07:18 PM         #107
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
Is Q.Hill still gonna try to make it in the NFL?

i havent talked to him for a while.... i would usually see him outside washing his car or something and i would go over there and say whats up and talk to him bout shyt

i live in sunrise in broward if ya know where dat is

its his parents crib so i bet hes doing big moves now that he aint in college anymore..... thats prob why i havent seen him in a minute..... i thought he was def gonna be an NFL fullback.....

he is a hard worker and a good guy... hes gonna be making bread anywhere he goes NFL or not
 09-27-2006, 07:20 PM         #108
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P DEDOS 954 said:
i havent talked to him for a while.... i would usually see him outside washing his car or something and i would go over there and say whats up and talk to him bout shyt

i live in sunrise in broward if ya know where dat is

its his parents crib so i bet hes doing big moves now that he aint in college anymore..... thats prob why i havent seen him in a minute..... i thought he was def gonna be an NFL fullback.....

he is a hard worker and a good guy... hes gonna be making bread anywhere he goes NFL or not
if not hes a hard worker he shougld try for something.... nfl euro... a special teams or practice squad.... then the L will see his work ethic
 09-27-2006, 07:22 PM         #109
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
if not hes a hard worker he shougld try for something.... nfl euro... a special teams or practice squad.... then the L will see his work ethic
im pretty sure hes doing something like that.... next time i see his parents im ask em whats up.... funny a.ss dude mang real humble too...
 10 years ago '04        #110
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
my cousins played football at piper high school, they said hill used to come back all the time, real c*cky cat from what i hear, but in a good way.
 09-27-2006, 07:30 PM         #111
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hes from Tha U man.. Its called swagger, we all got it.. yaddamean
 09-27-2006, 07:32 PM         #112
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
real c*cky cat
dats a true U baller :applause:

hes huge no homo.... i wonder if he played linebacker or something in highschool
 09-27-2006, 07:34 PM         #113
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P DEDOS 954 said:

hes huge no homo....
point taken :sick:
 09-27-2006, 07:38 PM         #114
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 27, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Hurricane center Anthony Wollschlager is a senior leader.

And he has a good sense of the heartbeat of this team.

"We're just getting ready to get back out there, get to work, put the past behind us," he said. "We're coming off a real good bye week and are ready to go."

Wollschlager says he hasn't had a hard time blocking out the negativity surrounding the program after a 1-2 start to the year.

"I don't read the papers too much, don't watch too much of the local news and stuff like that," he said. "So I don't surround myself with it. It's here and there, but you have to set that aside and really focus on our goals and go from that on, don't listen to too many people from the outside."

Of course, Wollschlager knows coach Larry Coker is very much on the hot seat.

He's asked if the criticism of Coker is fair.

"It comes with the job," Wollschlager said. "A lot of people are going to be out there -- who is on the hot seat? Who is doing well, who is doing badly? You can't control that unless you're playing perfect, and a lot of teams don't play perfect. You jut take it with a grain of salt.

"You always want to win a national championship, shoot for as high as you can. But still there's everything on the table left for us we can attain an ACC Championship, go to a BCS bowl game. But for us to attain that we have to take it one game at a time. That's what guys are stressing."

With Coker's job on the line if the team doesn't right itself, Wollschlager is asked if that makes him want to play harder.

"Every game I play with heart, as hard as I can," Wollschlager said. "This makes no difference that he's in a tough spot with a lot of the lights on him. I think it adds a little bit, but to say `Play even harder,' there are a lot of guys playing really hard."

If Miami is going to turn things around, a start will be producing on offense in the second half. The team hasn't scored a second half point in the losses this year.

Asked if there have been a lot of changes made at halftime, Wollschlager said, "Not really, just tweaking things to what defenses have given us, not changing the game plan totally. At halftime we talk about what went wrong, what we did well, different blitzes, summarizing the first half and game planning for the second half.

"The second half, the two DI teams we've played we haven't done well at all in the second half. What that problem is, there's speculation it's this or that. We just have to come out fired up. We come out of the locker room not as fired up as in the beginning. Both FSU and Louisville we came out swinging (at the start of the game) but then trickled off. In the past we've had slow starts and then came around later on. Now it's more out with a bang first go and then diminish from there. We have to figure out some way to come out swinging and keep swinging all the way through. I can't say I've exactly figured it out. It's a number of factors. It's just the mental toughness of the team in general going into halftime. You have a missed field goal, a fumble, and guys are going `Come on.' You're only down a couple of points. The second half is a whole new ballgame."

Finishing is being stressed this week.

"Finish on every aspect of the game on every single play you need to finish," Wollschlager said. "You can't get ahead of yourself. You need to finish every single time. The minute you start looking ahead to the next play, the second quarter, what you're trying to do gets away from you. You have to concentrate on finishing one task at a time."

* Of having Reggie Youngblood and Tyrone Byrd back healthy for this weekend's game, Wollschlager said, "We kind of fool around with them because they're both from Texas. Playing Houston, we're like `How convenient. We're playing the hometown team and you guys are coming back. The fourth game into the season, how convenient.'

"But those guys are very critical to the offensive line success and to the team success. Those guys are two starters, really. Chris Rutledge and Jason Fox right now are doing a real good job. But when (Youngblood and Byrd) got hurt they were starters. For them coming back, it adds depth, adds morale. We've got our guys back. We have everybody going into battle together and we're ready to go."
 09-27-2006, 07:39 PM         #115
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 27, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

TAVARES GOODEN Q&A

Q: Larry Coker's job security is in question. What's your take on that?

Gooden: Coach Coker haters, I just block them out. That's how I feel. There's going to be haters everywhere. You need people to hate. That's the fire, you know? So we're just going to go out there and keep going. There's nothing wrong with coach Coker. He won one (championship) in 2001. How is he not a good coach? He won a championship. We have to go out there and play for him just like he's coaching for us. It's about coach Coker. He gave all of us a four-year ride. He did this for us. It's time for us to return the favor for coach Coker. He's a wonderful guy, wonderful coach. It's time for us to live up to our part of it.

Q: Do opponents still fear Miami?

Gooden: I'm not even sure. We're like everybody's national championship. We have to realize that and go out there like it's our national championship as well for every game. That's the key this week. We can't take the opponent lightly. We have to go out and play hard for four quarters.

Q: Talk about Houston's team.

Gooden: They have a great offense. Their offensive coordinator does a good job, they have misplaced personnel and things like that. We'll work on some of the key plays they do, some of the motion schemes and go out there and be ready for Saturday.

Q: How big is it making sure the right calls are being made on the field for this game?

Gooden: It's real big, because you go out there and slip and don't play four quarters against Houston, they're going to come out with a W. They say defense wins championships, so we have to go out there and win a championship. And this is our championship on Saturday.

Q: Talk about the second half problems.

Gooden: I think it's a lack of focus. Guys are running around, not thinking, not paying attention. I think that's a key part of it guys not being focused. If we focus and everyone stays humble and plays football, we'll be fine.

Q: Does anyone panic or worry about offense not scoring?

Gooden: I don't think anyone worries. We have guys on defense that can change a ballgame in a snap of a finger. Guys are anxious for the big play instead of letting it happen.

Q: Finishing is a big key.

Gooden: We're going to go out there and play. The main thing is staying focused and knowing what they're going to do.

Q: What's happened with giving up big plays on defense?

Gooden: The linebackers, D line plays run and the secondary plays pass. That's the main thing: Go out and do your job. Don't worry about doing someone else's job. You watch some of the games, a couple of times some safeties come up trying to do the linebacker's job, the linebacker tries to do the defensive lineman's job. And that messes us up as far as our defensive schemes. That's the main thing.

Q: So people are trying to do to much?

Gooden: Because it looks like things are open. But things aren't really open. It's just do your job. If everyone does their job, coach (Randy) Shannon only has to correct one guy that's the guy that's messing up. But if everybody's trying to do everyone else's job, the defense doesn't work.

Q: Talk about the play of the defensive line.

Gooden: Our D line is amazing. They're working hard. We're trying to get them to where they were last year, because they were unstoppable. I think you'll see that this week.

Q: What's gone wrong on the defensive line?

Gooden: Probably thinking too much. They're trying to do too much.
 10 years ago '04        #116
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
 P DEDOS 954 said:
dats a true U baller :applause:

hes huge no homo.... i wonder if he played linebacker or something in highschool
naw he played running back, thats why coker sometimes lined him up there in college
 10 years ago '04        #117
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Tarus McKinley- 5'10"/175/4.6
3 Star WR.
Brother of Randy Phillips, so you know he's an future Cane.

Video:

Nick Fanuzzi- 6'3"/200/4.6
3 Star QB
Video:
committed

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 09-28-2006 at 01:03 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #118
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Ajami Guyton- 5'10"/175 /4.5
Video:
3 Star ATH, Good Chances he will be an Cane....at WR by the way.

Darran Kinsey- 6'1"/235/4.57
Video:
3 Star LB, Good Chance he will be an Cane

Deonte Thompson- 6'0"/180/4.4
5 Star WR, Good Chance he will be an Cane
Video:

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 09-28-2006 at 01:04 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #119
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Ernest McCoy- 6'5"/325/5.25
3 Star, Guard
Video:
Good possibility of him being an Cane

Damien Berry- 5'11"/197/4.46
4 Star Safety
Video:
**Note Video is of his Sophmore Year, kid is gonna be crazy good**

Phelon Jones- 6'1"/185/4.4
4 Star CB
Video:
Committed

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 09-28-2006 at 01:04 AM..
 09-28-2006, 12:53 AM         #120
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Graig Cooper.. our first 5 star recruit of this year
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ronnie from Jersey Shore is dating someone from the Kardashians
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
52 comments
1 day ago