squad up!

Miami Hurricanes

view the rest of most viewed

most viewed right now
214 comments
@thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #1451
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
Oct. 20 wish i had tickets...

11 years ago '04        #1452
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$18,703 | Props total: 6859 6859
 booker20 said
Oct. 20 wish i had tickets...

hell yeah...im tryna cop some. but i think they sold out already.

11 years ago '05        #1453
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 C.R.I.P. said
them bi*ches been gon im tryin to get two student section seats from my boy, so me and my girl can go... she never been to a State-U game

05-30-2007, 10:35 AM         #1454
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 30, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Preston Bailey bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Nashville (TN) Montgomery Bell Academy OL Preston Bailey says he received a Miami scholarship offer "a couple of months ago."

He now lists seven offers: UM, Mississippi, Vanderbilt, Middle Tennessee State, Clemson, South Carolina and Tennessee.

"I don't have any favorites, have no certain order," the 6-foot-5, 315-pounder says.

He may get more scholarship offers when his spring practice begins this week.

Because he's at a private school, his one-week practice starts after public schools practices end.

Of UM, he says, "I know a lot about the Hurricanes, everybody does. Although I live in Tennessee, everybody knows about Miami. They're known for putting players in the league, winning big championships."

He says he has yet to talk to Cane coaches.

"When I got that Miami offer I was out of the country on spring break," he said. "I never got a chance to talk to coach [Randy] Shannon."

Bailey says he will be taking a close look at Miami as recruiting moves forward.

"I'll definitely be visiting there," Bailey said. "Hopefully when I plan out my officials Miami will be one of them. It seems it'll be a great place to visit, see the players, campus, facilities."

What does he want in a college?

"First I look at academics," he said. "We're playing this game and I'm getting a full college ride in order to pursue a full education. From there I observe the coaches and players, kind of get a sense of the feeling between the players and coaches. Thirdly I look at the atmosphere of the campus and try to visualize how it would be with me there."

05-30-2007, 10:35 AM         #1455
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 30, 2007

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
T.J. Lawrence bioVideo highlights

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Lakeland (FL) Kathleen High School WR/DB T.J. Lawrence has a Miami offer.

Sort of.

"I talked to coach (Clint) Hurtt, and he said there's a 99 percent chance I'll be getting an offer from Miami," Lawrence said. "Coach Hurtt said I'm a phenomenal player."

Lawrence has 15 written offers from the likes of Boise State, Virginia Tech, FIU and USF.

He says he'll be taking official visits to Boise and Miami this summer.

"I would say I'm open right now," Lawrence said when asked his frontrunners.

Asked where the Canes specifically fit in, Lawrence said, "they're pretty high."

Of what he's looking for in a college, he said, "I have to like the coaches and I have to like the campus, get along with my position coaches also."

Several schools are recruiting Lawrence as an athlete, but he says UM is recruiting him as a receiver.

Last year he had 52 receptions for 1,245 yards with 15 touchdowns. On defense he had 38 tackles, five interception and two sacks.

05-30-2007, 10:36 AM         #1456
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 29, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Barrett Jones bioVideo highlights

Memphis (TN) Evangelical Christian School OL Barrett Jones is up to 16 scholarship offers.

Including Miami.

"I got the Miami offer about a month ago," the 6-foot-5, 270-pounder with 4.9-second speed said.

He also lists offers from the likes of Florida, LSU, Alabama, Tennessee and Auburn.

"I haven't narrowed things down yet, will try to do that this summer, will do a top five," Jones said.

To help him narrow things down, Jones will take a whirlwind summer tour.

"I'll take at the end of the summer," he said. "I'll go to Miami, probably Florida, maybe LSU, North Carolina, a lot of other places."

He says what he wants in a college is "a good football program and good people - that's the biggest thing. I want a good environment and good academics also."

Jones is well acquainted with future Cane Tyler Horn. The two play at rival schools in Tennessee (Horn is at Memphis University School).

"I talk to him," Jones said. "He's like `You should definitely come check out Miami this summer.'"

Jones and his school got the better of Horn this past season, 21-12.

Because Jones also plays defensive line, he matched up head-to-head with Horn during the game.

"He's a real good player, has pretty good feet and is a big, strong guy," Jones said.

05-30-2007, 10:40 AM         #1457
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 29, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazin

Related Links:
Jerico Nelson bioVideo highlights

Destrehan (LA) High School athlete Jerico Nelson is being recruited by some schools as a tailback, by others at safety.

"I don't care which I play," he says.

Miami is recruiting him for defense.

"I got an offer in April, have 10 offers now," Nelson said.

Those include UM, LSU, Florida, Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas and Ole Miss.

Of what he wants in a college, Nelson says, "A good program, good coach, playing time."

He says he is open among several favorites: Miami, Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, USC and LSU.

"They're all pretty close," he says. "Miami has a little advantage because I went to the football camp last year and I'll be going this year also.

"I know Miami's campus is nice, really calm. Everybody's like a family."

Asked about any pressure to stay close to home, Nelson said, "There's not a lot of pressure, but they are close and they come around the school a lot."

Joe Pannunzio visited Nelson's school during spring evaluation. The pair have talked on the phone since.

"He just asks how I'm doing in school and stuff like that," Nelson said.

Last year Nelson had 160 carries for 1,069 yards with 14 touchdowns. He had two interceptions on defense and also returned a fumble for a 70-yard touchdown.

11 years ago '04        #1458
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
May 31, 2007

Related Links:
Lee Chambers bioVideo highlights

Hurricane RB signee Lee Chambers underwent shoulder surgery in November, but he says he's now at 100 percent.

"I had rehab, a physical therapist," Chambers said. "I had a third degree separation in the third game last season that I played with."

Chambers has been working with a trainer and says he's up to 188 pounds after playing last season at 170.

"I could play right now (with the shoulder) if I had to," he says. "I'm stronger now than I was before the surgery. I bench 265. I ran the 40 with my trainer and he tested me three times – a 4.45, then a 4.42, and my last time was a 4.39. My best time I ever ran was a 4.37 at the All-America combine at Ole Miss."

Chambers is following the Miami workout program that was mailed to all the incoming freshmen.

"It really is tough," Chambers said.

Asked a typical day on the program, Chambers said, "Monday is the running. You have to do a whole bunch of stretching, then you do running. From all the running your body will be fatigued by the time you hit the weight room. So by then it's a mind thing and you have to stay focused. If you don't stay focused you won't be able to work out. It's like a 24-hour workout plan turned into a two-hour workout plan."

Chambers graduated May 25 and arrives in Miami for summer school June 26.

"Miami already admitted me," he said. "I'm in the school of communications, majoring in broadcast journalism."

Chambers lives in a low income rural area of Mississippi, so he expects it will take some time to adjust to life in Miami.

"It's going to be real weird," he said. "It's going to take me a while to adapt. I'm a country boy, so it's going to be real weird going to the palm trees, adapting to life there."

Chambers says, once he gets to UM, he expects to work in as a punt and kick returner.

"I think I'll be on the board for that," he said.

11 years ago '04        #1459
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
May 31, 2007

Related Links:
Daniel Adderley bio

Hurricane WR signee Daniel Adderley attended most of UM's spring practices this year.

So he has an idea what to expect when he officially arrives on campus.

"I'm looking forward to it," Adderley said. "The big thing for me is going to be just getting smarter. I haven't been challenged with reading defenses much in high school. So it's just running the right routes, things like that."

Adderley has one small political obstacle to clear before reporting to Miami.

"I'm not sure exactly when I'll get to Miami because I have to do Student Visa stuff for the Bahamas [his native country]," said Adderley, who played high school ball in Simpsonville, South Carolina. "I have to go home and get that straightened out.

"I have (a Visa) right now but it expires. It's not too difficult to renew, just paperwork. I should get there on time [at the end of this month]."

Adderley is working out with former St. Louis Rams receiver Tony Horne to prepare for the next level.

"He's with a company that works with football players, he's getting me in shape," Adderley said. "He's teaching me a lot about the game, things I didn't already know, making me stronger and faster and working on my route running. I do that from 2-6 every day."

Adderley says he's improved his 40 time from 4.6 to the low 4.5's.

"I'm almost in the 4.4's," he says.

Adderley says on a typical day he begins warming up at 2 p.m. and then runs 18 110-yard sprints.

After that he works out for an hour-and-a-half while also doing agility drills and working on catching passes.

"I'm weighing in at 218 pounds," he said. "Last year I was at 205."

Adderley has also taken a unique approach to preparing for college life.

"I wake up at 5:45 every morning to get my body in the rhythm of waking up early," he says. "I do some light weight stuff at that time for 30 minutes, get disciplined by waking up that early."

Adderley is staying in regular contact with Cane receivers coach Marques Mosely.

"He tells me he's going to prepare all of us receivers to come in and play right away because depth is short there," Adderley said. "He wants us to do that, and if not we'll discuss redshirting. I'm just willing to help the team however I can."

05-31-2007, 07:10 PM         #1460
Sh0wty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea Yea... You Fella's getting those Season Tickets or What? I'll be Reppin the Usual Section in the OB.. SECTION R!

06-02-2007, 12:23 PM         #1461
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 1, 2007

CaneSport News Wire

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
The University of Miami has retained DHR International to lead the search for its new Athletic Director. DHR Executive Vice President, Education and Sports Practice Pat Richter and Executive Vice President and Global Sector Leader of Sports Glenn Sugiyama will work with UM's Senior Vice President of Business and Finance Joe Natoli on coordinating the process and identifying candidates for the position. Richter, former Director of Athletics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison from 1989 to 2004, was recruited by UM President Donna E. Shalala when she was Chancellor there.

"We are going after the best candidates in the country to run our intercollegiate athletic program," said President Shalala. "Working with Pat and Glenn, we are going to identify and recruit a new Athletic Director who has management experience, strong fundraising abilities, embraces our 'Cane culture and wants to take our programs to the next level. A prefect candidate will have these qualities and more."

The search for the University's next athletic director will begin this summer with the intention of presenting candidates next spring.

"I am so pleased that the University of Miami and President Shalala selected DHR International for this most important a.ssignment," said Pat Richter. "Working with her at Wisconsin gives me a unique perspective that can be put to great use in identifying the best candidates."

Richter, a businessman and lawyer, is a former NFL receiver and nine-time UW letter winner. Under his direction, the Badgers' Athletic program eliminated its financial deficit and built an operating reserve of more than $6 million. He also oversaw the construction of numerous first-class athletic facilities there while the Badgers won three national championships and 51 Big Ten team titles. Richter is a former executive with Oscar Meyer Foods Corporation and practicing attorney.

Sugiyama, in addition to leading the firm's Global Sports Practice, is a member of DHR's Consumer, Media & Entertainment, and Diversity practices. He is a former Division I college basketball coach and is currently a member of the National Governing Board for Grassroots Basketball of America.

Sugiyama is a member of DHR's Consumer, Media & Entertainment, and Diversity practices and is a former Division I college basketball coach. In addition to holding several president and senior-level executive positions at various companies, Sugiyama became one of the youngest directors of a major U.S. pro sports team when he was named to the Board of Directors of the former world champion Chicago Bulls. He graduated from Michigan State University and was a member of the advisory board of the University of Illinois School of Business.

For more information on DHR International, a "Top 5" executive search firm, visit .

Interested candidates or their representatives can contact Pat Richter at 608-262-4962 or Glenn Sugiyama 312-782-1581.

06-02-2007, 12:24 PM         #1462
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 1, 2007

Related Links:
Chris Perry bioVideo highlights

Cane signee Chris Perry was following the Miami workout plan in the back of his school several weeks ago, running gassers. The plan calls for running 20 110's in 18 seconds each. You have 45 seconds of rest between each one.

Perry was trying his best.

But he just wasn't in shape.

"I just dropped to my knees, was struggling for breath," Perry said. "I'm like, `I'm going to die and nobody's here to find me."

He didn't die, of course.

And now his conditioning is better.

He doesn't think about death quite so much.

"I'm up to doing 10 or 12 of them," Perry said. "I'll get up to 20 before I get to Miami."

Not surprisingly, Perry says he sees conditioning as the biggest challenge to his getting immediate playing time at UM.

And his mental game.

He's certainly already got the strength to play right away.

He's benching 405 pounds and squatting 645. That would rank with the strongest players at Miami.

"I competed in powerlifting at school," he said. "When I first started weightlifting in eighth grade, the first time I ever maxed out I benched 245. My sophomore year it was 285 at the beginning of the off-season, and by the end it was 355. It started jumping once I started fixing my technique."

Perry says he already has received his letter of admission from the University of Miami.

He will wear No. 98 as a freshman.

"I asked for 99, but coach (Clint) Hurtt asked if 98 is okay and I said `Sure,'" Perry said.

* Living on his own with a roommate won't exactly be a new challenge for Perry when he arrives at Miami later this month.

He's been living on his own with a friend in Texas for the last several weeks.

He had been living with his grandparents previously before striking out on his own.

"It's just me and my friend," Perry said. "I'm getting used to it."

06-02-2007, 12:25 PM         #1463
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 1, 2007

Related Links:
Joseph Nicolas bioVideo highlights

Hurricane incoming freshman Joseph Nicolas says he will begin his Miami career at free safety.

"With Anthony Redd*ck being down [due to injury], I'll be there," Nicolas said. "But I'll also be playing corner as well."

Nicolas says he's following the Miami workout plan he received in the mail.

"I'm mainly working on doing full body workouts, running 110's, agility workouts," he said. "Working out takes up a lot of my day. I work out for 3 and a half hours every day."

Last season Nicolas played at 185 pounds.

Now he says he's weighing in at 195 pounds.

"My bench has gone from a 260 and now it's at 280," he said. "My squat, I was at 325 last year and I moved up to 395. I haven't tested in the 40, but I can tell by the way I run that my speed has increased."

Nicolas has been in contact with Cane coach Michael Barrow, who coached at Nicolas' high school last year.

"He was just talking, letting me know to be ready to come in, keep working hard the way I work," Nicolas said. "He said I have to come in and work and compete.

"I expect to play right away, want to get in the rotation as a freshman."

Nicolas says he has already received his acceptance letter from the University of Miami.

He says he will receive uniform No. 29.

"I asked for No. 19 - I wanted 26, but I knew Redd*ck had it," Nicolas said. "But a receiver got 19, so I just told them get whatever's left. I'm good with it."

Nicolas will arrive for summer school at the end of June.

"I'm just ready to get there, I'm ready to get started," he said. "That's all I've been thinking about is getting there and getting started."

06-02-2007, 12:26 PM         #1464
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 2, 2007

Related Links:
Leonard Hankerson bioVideo highlights

Hurricane incoming freshman WR Leonard Hankerson has an advantage many other players don't: One of his high school coaches was former NFL All-Pro receiver Cris Carter.

And Hankerson is using that to his advantage.

"I'm working at the Cris Carter Fast Program," he said. "I've been working on my speed, endurance and agility, working on my strength and my catching."

Hankerson says he's gotten stronger and faster since last season.

He's benching 225 pounds and is running a 4.50 in the 40-yard dash.

"I'm weighing around 197 [pounds]," he says.

Hankerson says he expects to play as a true freshman.

"I'm going in and I'm going to work hard and do what I have to do and will try to get on the field right away," he says. "I have the playbook and it's not very hard to learn. I think it's easy. I've spent about an hour a day looking at it."

He says he will be at the Z position as an outside receiver.

* Hankerson said he has received his official acceptance letter from the University of Miami.

And he expects to wear No. 85 as a freshman.

"I was No. 1 in high school, so I may ask for that when [Kenny] Phillips leaves down the road," Hankerson said.

* Hankerson's roommates this summer are Joseph Nicolas, Lee Chambers and Kylan Robinson.

Robinson, of course, has already spent a year in the UM program.

"I've talked to Kylan a little bit," Hankerson said. "He can help me out because he can show me the ropes, knows the program already."

11 years ago '05        #1465
QualityRecords 11 heat pts11
space
space
$16,304 | Props total: 3842 3842
I just got a call from my uncle down in Miami and he says hes gonna send me 2 tickets to FSU and 2 tickets to the A&M game Sept. 20th. That just made my day.

06-02-2007, 03:19 PM         #1466
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats whats up, I was at last years FSU game for my bday. This year should be better because its played later in the season. And I will be at the Texas AM game for damn sure..

Saw this so I had to drop it in

06-03-2007, 12:10 PM         #1467
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[COLOR="Orange"]I don't know if we aren't following him or but were in his final five and I've heard he wants to go Miami. His grades might be the problem, hopefully not tho..

Im hearing that EJ is a FSU lean and won't be a cane. Whatever we got Marve, but thats just what I've heard
/COLOR]

Last edited by Hurricane Ra; 06-03-2007 at 03:58 PM..

06-03-2007, 04:44 PM         #1468
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
havent been here in a min but the regulars holdin it down

11 years ago '05        #1469
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,115 | Props total: 730 730
 C.R.I.P. said
theres always scalping, thats what i did last time we were in tally, only paid 60/each for the tickets

06-04-2007, 08:16 PM         #1470
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami (FL) Hurricanes
2001 Football Roster

Miami (FL) Hurricanes
Team Page Schedule Team Stats Game-by-Game Roster Conference Page Standings 2001 Team Preview Miami, FL Message Board
Record: (11-0) Rankings: AP: 1 Coaches' Poll: 1
No Name Position Ht. Wt. Class Hometown
1 Daryl Jones WR 5-10 190 Sr Dallas, TX
2 Willis McGahee RB 6-1 220 Fr Miami, FL
3 Jason Geathers WR 6-3 215 So Boca Raton, FL
4 Najeh Davenport RB 6-2 235 Sr Miami, FL
5 Andre Johnson WR 6-3 220 So Miami, FL
6 Antrel Rolle CB 6-1 205 Fr Homestead, FL

7 Ethenic Sands WR 6-0 180 Jr Carol City, FL
8 Mike Rumph CB 6-2 200 Sr Delray Beach, FL
9 Kevin Beard WR 6-2 175 So Plantation, FL
11 Ken Dorsey QB 6-5 200 Jr Orinda, CA
12 Jair Clarke CB 5-11 173 Fr Newport News, VA
12 Nate Smith WR 6-0 205 So Elizabethtown, PA
13 Freddie Capshaw P 5-11 180 Jr Rock Springs, WY
15 Dan Lundy K 6-0 191 So Daytona Beach, FL
15 Buck Ortega QB 6-5 213 Fr Miami, FL
16 Todd Sievers K 6-3 215 Jr Ankeny, IA
17 DJ Williams LB 6-2 235 So Concord, CA
18 Derrick Crudup QB 6-1 202 Fr Deerfield Beach, FL
19 Troy Prasek QB 6-2 193 Jr Mims, FL
20 Edward Reed S 6-0 190 Sr Saint Rose, LA
21 Jermell Weaver S 6-2 190 So Miami, FL
22 Kelly Jennings CB 6-0 170 Fr Live Oak, FL
23 James Lewis CB 5-11 190 Sr Piscataway, NJ
24 Marcus Maxey CB 6-3 190 Fr Navasota, TX
25 Alphonso Marshall CB 6-1 180 Fr Clewiston, FL
26 Sean Taylor CB 6-3 220 Fr Miami, FL
27 Markese Fitzgerald CB 5-11 180 Sr Saint Petersburg, FL
28 Clinton Portis RB 5-11 190 Jr Gainesville, FL
29 James Scott CB 6-2 195 Jr Crescent City, FL
30 Alex Duk WR 6-2 205 Fr San Diego, CA
30 Jeff Malley DB 6-1 190 Fr St Petersburg, FL
30 Jovonny Ward DB 6-0 195 Fr Miami, FL
31 Phillip Buchanon CB 5-11 175 Jr Lehigh, FL
32 Frank Gore RB 5-10 190 Fr Coral Gables, FL

33 Mark Gent K 6-1 203 Fr Fort Lauderdale, FL
34 Jarrett Payton RB 6-2 205 So Arlington, IL
35 Quadtrine Hill RB 6-2 210 Fr Sunrise, FL

36 Maurice Sikes CB 5-11 194 So Miami, FL
37 Jean Leone DB 6-0 170 Fr Miami, FL
38 Carl Walker CB 6-3 190 So Jacksonville, FL
39 LaVaar Scott LB 6-3 253 Jr Sebring, FL
40 Kyle Cobia RB 6-2 231 Fr Lakeland, FL
41 Frank Bayless FB 6-0 240 So Akron, OH
43 Jarvis Gray DT 5-10 264 So Hawthorne, FL
44 Leon Williams LB 6-4 220 Fr Brooklyn, NY
45 Howard Clark LB 6-1 220 Jr Pennsauken, NJ
46 Michael Langley CB 6-0 188 Fr Machipongo, VA
47 Ken Dangerfiel LB 6-2 225 Jr Patterson, LA
48 Chris Campbell LB 6-2 225 Sr Mount Pleasant, TX
49 Darrell McClover LB 6-2 215 So Coconut Creek, FL
50 Roger McIntosh LB 6-3 220 Fr Gaffney, SC
51 Jonathan Vilma LB 6-2 215 So Coral Gables, FL
52 Steve Adzima OL 6-2 255 Fr Wallington, NJ
52 Tariq Vlaun OL 6-2 300 So Houston, TX
53 James Sikora G 6-5 260 So Marathon, FL
54 Alex Garcia OL 6-1 275 Fr Miami, FL
55 Jamal Green DE 6-3 257 Jr Camden, NJ
56 Santonio Thomas DE 6-4 296 So South Bay, FL
57 Javon Nanton LB 6-2 215 Fr Miami, FL
58 Jerrell Weaver LB 6-3 210 So Miami, FL
59 Brad Kunz G 6-7 315 Fr Carlyle, IL
60 Vernon Carey T 6-5 363 So Miami, FL
61 Toney Tella G 6-5 265 Fr Houston, TX
62 Chris Harvey S 6-3 303 So Accoville, WV
63 Scott Puckett G 6-3 283 Sr Duncanville, TX
64 Rashad Butler G 6-5 290 Fr Palm Beach Gardens, FL
65 Martin Bibla T 6-4 300 Sr Mountain Top, PA
66 Brett Romberg G 6-3 290 Jr Windsor,
67 Joe McGrath T 6-5 285 So Moose Jaw,
68 Joe Fantigrass T 6-4 270 Jr Fort Lauderdale, FL
69 Kyle Morgan DL 6-4 245 Fr San Francisco, CA
70 Joel Rodriguez G 6-3 275 Fr Miami, FL
71 Jim Wilson G 6-5 245 Jr Hollywood, FL
72 Ed Wilkins T 6-4 318 Jr Plainfield, NJ
73 Joaquin Gonzalez G 6-5 290 Sr Miami, FL
74 Sherko Haji-Rasou T 6-6 326 Jr Toronto,
75 Vince Wilfork DE 6-2 338 Fr Lantana, FL
76 Carlos Joseph G 6-6 322 So Miami, FL
77 Chris Myers G 6-5 280 Fr Miami, FL
78 Bryant McKinnie G 6-9 330 Sr Woodbury, NJ
79 Robert Bergman OL 6-5 275 Fr Bakersfield, CA
80 Robert Williams TE 6-4 240 Sr Dallas, TX
81 Kellen Winslow WR 6-5 210 Fr San Diego, CA
82 David Williams TE 6-3 230 Fr Miami, FL
83 Aaron Greeno TE 6-4 241 So Denver, CO
84 Roscoe Parrish WR 5-9 165 Fr Miami, FL
85 Ennis Crafton TE 6-3 225 Jr Cypress Creek, FL
86 Brandon Sebald TE 6-6 240 Fr Accord, NY
87 Kevin Everett TE 6-5 235 Fr Port Arthur, TX
88 Jeremy Shockey TE 6-6 236 Jr Ada, OK
90 Thomas Carroll DE 6-5 220 Fr Lakewood, NJ

91 Matt Walters DT 6-5 260 Jr Melbourne, FL
92 Orien Harris DE 6-4 280 Fr Newark, DE
93 John Square DE 6-5 203 Fr Houston, TX
94 William Joseph DE 6-5 290 Jr Miami, FL
95 Jerome McDougle DE 6-4 270 Jr Pompano, FL

96 Miguel Robede DE 6-5 261 Fr Quebec, PQ
97 Larry Anderson DT 6-4 260 So Kissimmee, FL
98 Cornelius Green DE 6-4 250 Sr Kilgore, TX
99 Andrew Williams DE 6-4 260 Jr Tampa, FL

I was re watching this Miami Hurricane Championship DVD.. And I was thinking about how great this team was.. Look at that NFL talent

11 years ago '04        #1471
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said
Miami (FL) Hurricanes
2001 Football Roster

Miami (FL) Hurricanes
Team Page Schedule Team Stats Game-by-Game Roster Conference Page Standings 2001 Team Preview Miami, FL Message Board
Record: (11-0) Rankings: AP: 1 Coaches' Poll: 1
No Name Position Ht. Wt. Class Hometown
1 Daryl Jones WR 5-10 190 Sr Dallas, TX
2 Willis McGahee RB 6-1 220 Fr Miami, FL
3 Jason Geathers WR 6-3 215 So Boca Raton, FL
4 Najeh Davenport RB 6-2 235 Sr Miami, FL
5 Andre Johnson WR 6-3 220 So Miami, FL
6 Antrel Rolle CB 6-1 205 Fr Homestead, FL

7 Ethenic Sands WR 6-0 180 Jr Carol City, FL
8 Mike Rumph CB 6-2 200 Sr Delray Beach, FL
9 Kevin Beard WR 6-2 175 So Plantation, FL
11 Ken Dorsey QB 6-5 200 Jr Orinda, CA
12 Jair Clarke CB 5-11 173 Fr Newport News, VA
12 Nate Smith WR 6-0 205 So Elizabethtown, PA
13 Freddie Capshaw P 5-11 180 Jr Rock Springs, WY
15 Dan Lundy K 6-0 191 So Daytona Beach, FL
15 Buck Ortega QB 6-5 213 Fr Miami, FL
16 Todd Sievers K 6-3 215 Jr Ankeny, IA
17 DJ Williams LB 6-2 235 So Concord, CA
18 Derrick Crudup QB 6-1 202 Fr Deerfield Beach, FL
19 Troy Prasek QB 6-2 193 Jr Mims, FL
20 Edward Reed S 6-0 190 Sr Saint Rose, LA
21 Jermell Weaver S 6-2 190 So Miami, FL
22 Kelly Jennings CB 6-0 170 Fr Live Oak, FL
23 James Lewis CB 5-11 190 Sr Piscataway, NJ
24 Marcus Maxey CB 6-3 190 Fr Navasota, TX
25 Alphonso Marshall CB 6-1 180 Fr Clewiston, FL
26 Sean Taylor CB 6-3 220 Fr Miami, FL
27 Markese Fitzgerald CB 5-11 180 Sr Saint Petersburg, FL
28 Clinton Portis RB 5-11 190 Jr Gainesville, FL
29 James Scott CB 6-2 195 Jr Crescent City, FL
30 Alex Duk WR 6-2 205 Fr San Diego, CA
30 Jeff Malley DB 6-1 190 Fr St Petersburg, FL
30 Jovonny Ward DB 6-0 195 Fr Miami, FL
31 Phillip Buchanon CB 5-11 175 Jr Lehigh, FL
32 Frank Gore RB 5-10 190 Fr Coral Gables, FL

33 Mark Gent K 6-1 203 Fr Fort Lauderdale, FL
34 Jarrett Payton RB 6-2 205 So Arlington, IL
35 Quadtrine Hill RB 6-2 210 Fr Sunrise, FL

36 Maurice Sikes CB 5-11 194 So Miami, FL
37 Jean Leone DB 6-0 170 Fr Miami, FL
38 Carl Walker CB 6-3 190 So Jacksonville, FL
39 LaVaar Scott LB 6-3 253 Jr Sebring, FL
40 Kyle Cobia RB 6-2 231 Fr Lakeland, FL
41 Frank Bayless FB 6-0 240 So Akron, OH
43 Jarvis Gray DT 5-10 264 So Hawthorne, FL
44 Leon Williams LB 6-4 220 Fr Brooklyn, NY
45 Howard Clark LB 6-1 220 Jr Pennsauken, NJ
46 Michael Langley CB 6-0 188 Fr Machipongo, VA
47 Ken Dangerfiel LB 6-2 225 Jr Patterson, LA
48 Chris Campbell LB 6-2 225 Sr Mount Pleasant, TX
49 Darrell McClover LB 6-2 215 So Coconut Creek, FL
50 Roger McIntosh LB 6-3 220 Fr Gaffney, SC
51 Jonathan Vilma LB 6-2 215 So Coral Gables, FL
52 Steve Adzima OL 6-2 255 Fr Wallington, NJ
52 Tariq Vlaun OL 6-2 300 So Houston, TX
53 James Sikora G 6-5 260 So Marathon, FL
54 Alex Garcia OL 6-1 275 Fr Miami, FL
55 Jamal Green DE 6-3 257 Jr Camden, NJ
56 Santonio Thomas DE 6-4 296 So South Bay, FL
57 Javon Nanton LB 6-2 215 Fr Miami, FL
58 Jerrell Weaver LB 6-3 210 So Miami, FL
59 Brad Kunz G 6-7 315 Fr Carlyle, IL
60 Vernon Carey T 6-5 363 So Miami, FL
61 Toney Tella G 6-5 265 Fr Houston, TX
62 Chris Harvey S 6-3 303 So Accoville, WV
63 Scott Puckett G 6-3 283 Sr Duncanville, TX
64 Rashad Butler G 6-5 290 Fr Palm Beach Gardens, FL
65 Martin Bibla T 6-4 300 Sr Mountain Top, PA
66 Brett Romberg G 6-3 290 Jr Windsor,
67 Joe McGrath T 6-5 285 So Moose Jaw,
68 Joe Fantigrass T 6-4 270 Jr Fort Lauderdale, FL
69 Kyle Morgan DL 6-4 245 Fr San Francisco, CA
70 Joel Rodriguez G 6-3 275 Fr Miami, FL
71 Jim Wilson G 6-5 245 Jr Hollywood, FL
72 Ed Wilkins T 6-4 318 Jr Plainfield, NJ
73 Joaquin Gonzalez G 6-5 290 Sr Miami, FL
74 Sherko Haji-Rasou T 6-6 326 Jr Toronto,
75 Vince Wilfork DE 6-2 338 Fr Lantana, FL
76 Carlos Joseph G 6-6 322 So Miami, FL
77 Chris Myers G 6-5 280 Fr Miami, FL
78 Bryant McKinnie G 6-9 330 Sr Woodbury, NJ
79 Robert Bergman OL 6-5 275 Fr Bakersfield, CA
80 Robert Williams TE 6-4 240 Sr Dallas, TX
81 Kellen Winslow WR 6-5 210 Fr San Diego, CA
82 David Williams TE 6-3 230 Fr Miami, FL
83 Aaron Greeno TE 6-4 241 So Denver, CO
84 Roscoe Parrish WR 5-9 165 Fr Miami, FL
85 Ennis Crafton TE 6-3 225 Jr Cypress Creek, FL
86 Brandon Sebald TE 6-6 240 Fr Accord, NY
87 Kevin Everett TE 6-5 235 Fr Port Arthur, TX
88 Jeremy Shockey TE 6-6 236 Jr Ada, OK
90 Thomas Carroll DE 6-5 220 Fr Lakewood, NJ

91 Matt Walters DT 6-5 260 Jr Melbourne, FL
92 Orien Harris DE 6-4 280 Fr Newark, DE
93 John Square DE 6-5 203 Fr Houston, TX
94 William Joseph DE 6-5 290 Jr Miami, FL
95 Jerome McDougle DE 6-4 270 Jr Pompano, FL

96 Miguel Robede DE 6-5 261 Fr Quebec, PQ
97 Larry Anderson DT 6-4 260 So Kissimmee, FL
98 Cornelius Green DE 6-4 250 Sr Kilgore, TX
99 Andrew Williams DE 6-4 260 Jr Tampa, FL

I was re watching this Miami Hurricane Championship DVD.. And I was thinking about how great this team was.. Look at that NFL talent
and you know what....you still missed some

Daryl Jones
Buck Ortega
Marcus Maxey
Leon Williams
Darrell McClover
Jamal Green
Rashad Butler
Martin Bibla
Carlos Joesph
Bryant McKinnie
Kevin Everett
Thomas Carroll
Jerome McDougle
Andrew Williams

have all been in the league at some point since leaving the program

11 years ago '04        #1472
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
rumor is we may have a few commitments tonight...if you didnt know our Camp ended today.

specualtion leads to believe either Jordan Futch(LB,Chaminade), Brandon Harris(DB,Booker T) or Sean Spence(LB,Northwestern) will announce.

11 years ago '05        #1473
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 P. Dedos said
greatest football team of all time

fu*k what ya heard and fu*k the 95 cornhuskers

:rasta:

06-05-2007, 01:20 PM         #1474
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 5, 2007

Related Links:
Jacory Harris bio

Miami Northwestern High School QB Jacory Harris attended one day of the recent UM summer camp.

And he received a Miami offer after the camp ended.

"I did real well," Harris said. "I was basically going there so I would get an offer. I only participated in the Sunday morning practice. After the camp coach (Patrick) Nix offered me. He was saying he has four quarterbacks he's going after and one committed and they're only taking two. So he basically gave me the choice to commit."

Harris isn't ready to pull the trigger just yet, though.

"I'm really trying to wait it out right now," Harris said. "I don't know. I want to go through the recruiting process a little while longer. Right now I'm only committed to winning another state title."

Harris now lists 13 offers.

He says Miami and LSU are his top two. But LSU may be pulling out of the running.

"They don't talk to me anymore or text me," Harris said. "But I like their offensive style. They're still in it."

After those two Harris says Alabama is No. 3 followed by BC and then Iowa State.

"I was going to wait until signing day (to announce a decision), but I think I might do it at the beginning of the season instead," Harris said.

Of working with Nix on Sunday, Harris said, "It was great. He was a quarterback himself. He preaches fundamentals. He was trying to get me to switch certain things, to do things to make me get back quicker, to help me out.

"He told me he liked everything about me, said I had great arm strength. He said he'd heard that I don't have great arm strength but that I surprised him with that. He said I'm a very smart kid, which is something they need at Miami."

Harris also got a chance to speak with coach Randy Shannon.

"He was just telling me the situation," Harris said. "He was saying how if all of us (from Northwestern) were to come, who could stop us?"

06-05-2007, 01:20 PM         #1475
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 5, 2007

Related Links:
Nate Nord bio

West Boca High School TE Nate Nord attended one day of the Miami summer camp.

And a day later he had a scholarship offer from the Hurricanes.

It's his fourth offer – he also has offers from South Florida, Central Michigan and Air Force.

"The coaches had asked me to come for the camp, and I went down and showed them what I could do and ended up doing pretty well," said Nord, a 6-foot-5, 215-pounder with 4.6-second speed and a 35-inch vertical. "The day after the camp I talked to coach (Jeff) Stoutland, coach (Patrick) Nix and coach (Joe) Pannunzio and they said they liked how I caught the ball.

"I was surprised when they said I had an offer. I like Miami a lot right now, but I'm not going to say any favorite yet."

Nord says he has no timeline for when he'll announce a decision: "I'm just going to do whatever I feel comfortable with whenever I need to make a decision," he said.

Nord is a raw talent who hasn't played a full season of high school football.

He played half his sophomore season before missing the final games with a growth plate fracture in his shoulder. He didn't return until the end of his junior year.

He played in the final four games last season and only played defensive end. He had two sacks and returned an interception for a 95-yard touchdown against Dwyer High.

Nord says he also plans to attend summer camps at Louisville, Purdue and Boston College.

His father, Gary, is the offensive coordinator at FAU.

"He's always giving me tips," Nord said. "He doesn't try to sway me to teams, just tells me the advantages of different teams. He makes it my decision. He really likes Miami, says it's a really good program, the best one for tight ends.

"I hadn't seen the facilities at Miami until Sunday when I looked around a little bit. You don't go to Miami for the facilities. You go for the tradition. But the facilities are good enough. I just want to go and win a national championship if I go there."

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside OK So You All Asked Me For A Proof Pic
214 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lawd! Dave Chapelle describes Kanye's 'Manic Episode' at the White House
22 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Brittany Renner Is About To Expose Your Favorite Rapper
90 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "If Your 30 Years Old & Slept With Only 25 Women Your a Beta Male."
214 comments
6 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
DJ / Officer VLAD proves that he is an informant that works with the Police
22 comments
5 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA KEVIN KNOW has to be CARRIED TO LOCKER ROOM after INJURING HIS ANKLE :mjda..
10 comments
1 hour ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Billy and 6ix9ine officially beefing
6 comments
1 hour ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
My nigga I’m dying 🤣
8 comments
1 hour ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Samsung may have just killed the game... Zero bezels on deck!
4 comments
1 hour ago
@tech
most viewed right now
The fastest way for Disney to recoup the billions they spent on Fox
15 comments
4 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship 3
14 comments
1 hour ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Ashanti Concert Canceled After Selling Only 24 Tickets
102 comments
6 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thicc A$s Jordans
20 comments
6 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Public service announcement! I don't do it for the probs.
2 comments
7 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside That time jim jones got a makeover
35 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Not Even Trying Bruh
36 comments
7 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Oct 20 - BREAKING: Trump says US will withdraw from nuclear arms treaty with R..
32 comments
4 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Cuban doll splits open another female rapper stomach
8 comments
2 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
When men want a BBW, is this what they have in mind?
31 comments
7 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cardi B Needs Help With Post-Baby Body
18 comments
3 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Flippa Huxtable
Blaffy
Lonny Breaux
Deuterion
Papi
tokinjohn
FrescoB
dominicanlipz
Mikkelangelo
Cartel-Clipz
Top 10 most slapped recently
suavehooper
Blaffy
danneywilliams
TommyD
Sandyy
BlackDynamite
GoldBluded
two-face
dominicanlipz
micropave

most viewed right now
online now  37
Oct 19 - the spectrum cable cartel raping its victims for even more money
70 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  37
PART 2. BX have you ever smashed a famous or well known broad before?
275 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  27
Image(s) inside 💥👀👉Say Something !!! 🍑🍒㈇..
35 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  17
Netflix Pulls The Plug On ‘Luke Cage’, No Season 3 For Marvel’s Harlem Hero
240 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside Consummate professional. A true pillar to her craft.
33 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  10
Video inside Steve Harvey Just said the realest sh-t ever!
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Video inside One of the best films of that last ten years nobody cares about
107 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  7
Article inside Professional gamer caught cheating at CSGO tournament