most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 22 Savage vs Noplug
185 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #11701
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 C.R.I.P. said:
Paul is back, and Kirby..maybe GT.

LB's should be good to go, with Kirby, Perryman, and EJ. AJ Highsmith will at least hit people, and Deon Bush at least shows some type of playmaking ability at the other safety spot.

We just need to bring in 3 bad a.ss JUCO DL.
I dont like this targeting bigger linemen, when our whole game has always based on speed. That scout thread was some real sh*t

When it comes to fixing UM's defense D'Onofrio is thinking long term, not immediate

Here is the longer version of my story set to run in Tuesday's paper.
They rank 109th in pass defense and scoring defense, 89th against the run and 114th in total defense out of 120 teams in major college football.

Hurricanes a.ssistant head coach Mark D’Onofrio is well aware just how awful his unit has looked. UM has given up 1,000-plus yards and 84 points through its first two games. The Canes haven't been lit up like this since they were coming off probation in 1998.

UM fans have roasted him on the radio and on internet message boards. Former Canes -- like Clinton Portis, Warren Sapp and Calais Campbell -- have taken to Twitter to express their embarrassment.

"I can't worry about any of that right now,” D’Onofrio said Monday of the criticism he’s received since Saturday’s 52-13 loss at Kansas State. “The only fans I need to worry about are my wife and my kids. As long as they still like me, I am in good shape."

Here’s something that might make UM fans like D'Onofrio a little less: he didn't offer any quick fix remedies Monday. Instead, he basically asked for more patience, and compared Miami's defensive mess to a reclamation project, like the ones he undertook as a linebackers coach at Rutgers and then as defensive corodinator at Temple with Al Golden.

There, D’Onofrio mixed what little talent he inherited with a lot of freshmen and sophomores. Eventually, the garbage was weeded out, and the defenses improved. With 17 freshmen and sophomores on the Canes' two deep on defense, the plan here is essentially the same.

"Go back and look at his statistics; His statistics say it all," Golden said of D'Onofrio. "We finished 17th against the score last year, 15th the year before at Temple. Again, is it what we want right now? No. But who is more upset than we are?

"I appreciate everybody's passion, but there were too many players out of position and too many plays we didn't execute, and too many times where we just didn't have 11 guys doing their job [Saturday at Kansas State]. We always look at ourselves as coaches first so we know what we need to calm down and what we need to call more of and what we need to eliminate based on what we're seeing."

"There's no panic button right now. We're in it for the long haul. We'll get this fixed. I've seen this before. I've seen this drill before, trust me."

As for the immediate future – including this Saturday’s home opener against Bethune-Cookman – D'Onofrio said he's trimming the rotation. Golden said 26 players have gotten into games on defense.

"It is not going to be like Pop Warner football where everybody gets in," D'Onofrio said.

“We have a base line to go off of good, bad or indifferent,” D’Onofrio said. “We have some guys that are playing well. We have some guys that haven't rose to the occasion. And we have some guys that are playing like their youth. A few more guys came to battle this week. I though [freshman safety] Deon Bush played well. [Junior safety] A.J. Highsmith played well. [Redshirt freshman linebacker] Eddie Johnson played well. We’ll just keep trying to building our team.

“I am sure Al has spoken about it, 17 of the two deep are freshmen or sophomores and the juniors are Shayon Green, Kacy Rodgers, and A.J. Highsmith. And you have seen how much they have played. That's where we're at. That's no excuse. But when we get this thing turned it is going to be turned for a while. We're working to get it turned. When we get it turned, there is going to be nobody leaving the team for a while and that is what we are working on what we are trying to do."

As for practice, the focus has turned to the basics. Coaches are preaching: fill the right gap and wrap up. The playbook? D’Onofrio said he has simplified his defense and kept the plays he knows his unit can execute. The rest get thrown out.

“My general rule of thumb is that if we aren't running it well by the end of Wednesday, I throw it out,” D’Onofrio said. “Just leave that burden off them. I try to keep it as tight as I can with this group.”

Unfortunately, D’Onofrio can’t do the same to the offenses UM is facing. D’Onofrio admitted Kansas State, a veteran team loaded with juniors and seniors, baffled the Canes’ last Saturday with different formations and personnel packages.

“I think the multitude of formations right now has guys seeing a lot,” D’Onofrio said. “The next time they see it, hopefully they play it better."

If there were encouraging signs from Saturday's loss, D'Onofrio said, it's that his players didn't quit.

"I have been in games like that where you get manhandled and guys lay down," D'Onofrio said. "We tried to put it on their fullback. We tried to put it on their quarterback. There were guys trying to be physical. I am encouraged by that."
End this era, I want a new d-coordinator already
 4 years ago '04        #11702
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
 ttime236 said:
I dont like this targeting bigger linemen, when our whole game has always based on speed. That scout thread was some real sh*t
Im not saying they have to be bigger per say, but they need to be better players. DL is a position that its hard for a lot of young guys to jump right into, so you go Juco and grab a few who are more physically mature.

Everybody in the SEC and FSU do it.
 4 years ago '05        #11703
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,689 | Props total: 3799 3799
blow BCC out this weekend and teach em a lesson........hopefuly Coach D gets himself a shutout............Coach D 4 Life......i hope he does enough so his buddy Golden never kicks him out.....trust me.....his schemes are up to date for sure....just give him some time and you will see that great Miami defense back in no time
 4 years ago '12        #11704
FlipT 
space
space
$44 | Props total: 0 0
 MRS. RONDO said:
blow BCC out this weekend and teach em a lesson........hopefuly Coach D gets himself a shutout............Coach D 4 Life......i hope he does enough so his buddy Golden never kicks him out.....trust me.....his schemes are up to date for sure....just give him some time and you will see that great Miami defense back in no time
This feels like FSU sarcasm, but dude is trying to change over to Ravens-type defense with multiple fronts like Michigan doing. I think he may have to abandon this 2-3 star shyt and go after some STUDS.
 4 years ago '04        #11705
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
shannon calling telemaque the next ed reed ranks right up there with some of his other jewels, like "Duke University is a tough place to play in"
 4 years ago '04        #11706
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 601 601
 Cap Peeler said:
Deon Bush is one of the best defenders we got. Unfortunately, Tracy hasn't gotten used to the speed of the game just yet; he's been getting burned quite alot these past couple of games.

Our front 4 is fu*king a.sscheeks. These n*ggas dont know how to use their hands, are too weak to bullrush, or a combination of both. Everytime I see them they are either getting pushed 5 yds back or playing patty cake with the offensive line. Obviously, a bad DL will instantaneously mean a bad defense in the air. Klein saw a better defense in Missouri fu*king State or whoever they played last week.

I said it a year and a half ago and I'll say it again, Golden made two key mistakes from the get-go: 1. Keep Swayze and 2. Get rid of Petri. One of Shannon's few highlights was getting Petri to coach the DL. Best defensive line we've had in a while, he had them boys playing tough.

As fu*ked up as this sounds, unless we show some balls in the next few weeks, fsu and/or virginia tech might beat us as bad as kansas state did
I noticed that 2 games in last year. With position coaches you see an impact a few games in. Also i haven't been on Scout since the VT loss Shannon last year.
 4 years ago '05        #11707
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
enjoy ESPN3 this weekend losers we will be on the actual ESPN, not some online buffering stream
 4 years ago '05        #11708
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
is the game on espn3?
 4 years ago '08        #11709
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,998 | Props total: 30 30
Yall n*ggas was talking all that sh*t now yall getting the ESPN3 treatment.
 4 years ago '05        #11710
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #11711
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
sh*t I thought u were gonna post the shayon green whiff blindside sack attempt
 4 years ago '07        #11712
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
Ay junior you got them duke johnson gifs also?

Duke our best fu*king player and hes a true freshman thats some crazy sh*t

We're 0-3 w/o duke STRAIGHT UP

BUT OUR UNDERCLASSMEN ARE NICE
 4 years ago '04        #11713
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:

Those are the only things that keep me upbeat. Duke and the underclassmen

Other than that, our D corch and offensive coordinator are a.ss.

And Morris is trash. Straight up. We were better with jascory

But let me tell you the problem:

Morris - Shannon player
Mike James- Shannon player
McGee -same
Shayon Green- same
Telemaque-u guessed
Dorsett hasn't done sh*t either

Swayse is still here and the players are still weak.

Gotta clean house that's the bottom line.

Oh yeah, black quarterbacks suck
 4 years ago '05        #11714
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:

what gifs the ones vs kstate? or the ones vs fu*kin BETHUNE COOKMAN AND BOSTON COLLEGE i'll post his gifs vs FSU for ya....
 09-16-2012, 12:49 AM         #11715
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MRS. RONDO said:
enjoy ESPN3 this weekend losers we will be on the actual ESPN, not some online buffering stream
the irony when you just posted this a couple pgs back

MRS. RONDO said:
just cuz you broke dont mean big dogs like me aint watchin it on tv....trust me FSU / Murray State came on the 500 channels last weekend...

Cap Peeler said:
Those are the only things that keep me upbeat. Duke and the underclassmen

Other than that, our D corch and offensive coordinator are a.ss.

And Morris is trash. Straight up. We were better with jascory

But let me tell you the problem:

Morris - Shannon player
Mike James- Shannon player
McGee -same
Shayon Green- same
Telemaque-u guessed
Dorsett hasn't done sh*t either

Swayse is still here and the players are still weak.

Gotta clean house that's the bottom line.

Oh yeah, black quarterbacks suck
Morris is pissing me off. Looking like Eli throwing the ball high as sh*t

Mike James ain't horrible he reminds me of Javarris James with less moves.

McGee = bum that shows out against bums

Telemaque = bust

black QBs suck? Miami missed on Geno and Bridgewater who were in their backyard. Bridgewater was Jacory but that seems to be better than Morris who has regressed somehow.

Duke is unbelievable. Crazy vision.
 4 years ago '04        #11716
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Cheeze said:
the irony when you just posted this a couple pgs back

Morris is pissing me off. Looking like Eli throwing the ball high as sh*t

Mike James ain't horrible he reminds me of Javarris James with less moves.

McGee = bum that shows out against bums

Telemaque = bust

black QBs suck? Miami missed on Geno and Bridgewater who were in their backyard. Bridgewater was Jacory but that seems to be better than Morris who has regressed somehow.

Duke is unbelievable. Crazy vision.
i can't blame Shannon for geno not being here..well somewhat. Geno didn't really have much interest in Miami as he had on wvu but Shannon was so over himself that he wouldn't recruit players that didn't show much interest.

Morris however...is terrible. Can't set his feet, can't throw on target, can't throw on the run, throws either too high or too low. And like homeboy said, no duke, we're 0-3. Our 2 other rbs are a.ss.

Prepare for two more a.ss whippings at least this year.
 4 years ago '08        #11717
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$399 | Props total: 3 3
i think we're being overly critical of our team too early. With the exception of a few players here and there, most are playing college ball for the first time or have little experience.

Its not like back when we were on top and had starters waiting behind starters to get on the field, we still tryna find a TEAM.

we knew this year was gon be rough. Morris is struggling but he'll come around and Fisch will open up the playbook as we progress thru the season.

With all that said, idk wtf we gon do bout this defense...smh

Oh and Clements and James are solid backs its just the Duke show
 4 years ago '06        #11718
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,715 | Props total: 12257 12257

2014 Coral Reef WR Jacob McCrary was visited by Miami wide receiver coach George McDonald last Friday during his game against Homestead.

“Coach McDonald came to the school and he talked to me and told me that he was going to be at the game and watch me. I did my best at the game, so I’m pretty sure he liked what I had.”

McCrary is an FSU commit, but does admit that he is still enjoying the recruiting process and speaking with other schools.

“The recruiting process is going great right now, a lot of big name schools are coming through like Alabama, Notre Dame and FSU."

The Coral Reef product does admit he has interest in Miami, and he could see himself possibly going there.

“Yes, I do believe they can flip me since I always grew up a fan of Miami. They have been getting all the good players out of Dade and Broward.”

The 2014 WR has two upcoming visits planned so far that include one this weekend to watch Clemson play FSU and also the following weekend to see Miami play against NC State.

McCrary is considered one of the top wide receivers for the 2014 class and has been compared to several different popular receivers. McCrary gave us his own opinion of who he feels he resembles the most.

“I believe I remind myself of Sammy Watkins because he is a great slot receiver and he can beat you using the combat or the deep ball. He is also a very good punt returner and kick returner which I am good at as well.”

McCrary feels his best skill is his route running.

Ermon Lane tho
 4 years ago '04        #11719
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
So tomorrow GT gonna run for about 1 million yards.
 4 years ago '04        #11720
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
So tomorrow GT gonna run for about 1 million yards.
O'nofrio's defense might allow some rush yard records against it.

I'm expecting 2007 game at GT flashbacks all over
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
155 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
116 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fabolous:I Never Wanted To Smash Kimbella (Juelz Santana Baby Moms), Sh..
36 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
91 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
92 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Barely Half of 30-Year-Olds Earn More Than Their Parents
64 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I can't believe I'm on this page right now....
33 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Wasabi thot
40 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy