Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
206 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
66 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ty Dolla $ign & YG Reportedly Paid Aussie Soccer Star $100K To Avoid L..
13 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1141
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,923 | Props total: 4282 4282
Some Notes on the QB Battle so Far. ill update when the spring is finish and try to keep it updated through the fall

Kyle Wright
Scrimmage #1: #37% completion percent
Scrimmage #2: #39%
Scrimmage #3:

Kirby Freeman
Scrimmage #1: 57%
Scrimmage #2: DNP
Scrimmage #3:
 11 years ago '04        #1142
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$13,021 | Props total: 2923 2923
the offense looks like its doin well, thats a good sign, especially against our D
 03-31-2007, 09:34 AM         #1143
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why the hell can't we get an update on Leggett? If its that simple of an injury let the press know and keep him off the field when hes not practicing
 11 years ago '04        #1144
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
my n*gga CRIP stepping his game up big time, coming on the clutch since RA left... i'll prop you whenever i can cuzo.
 11 years ago '04        #1145
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Scrimmage Observations
The lasting image I took from the Traz Powell Scrimmage was of defensive line coach Clint Hurtt dragging a tired Antonio Dixon from the sidelines back to the line of scrimmage for one of Miami's final drives.

The Boss had talked all spring about pushing people to their limits, and that was exactly what Hurtt was doing to Big Dix, who was trying to take himself out of the action. But the offense was driving down the field and his team needed him. I guess Hurtt wanted to get across the message that the end of the scrimmage (or end of the game) was no time to quit.

Outside of a horrendous kicking game, Lance Leggett crutching himself up and down the field (CLICK HERE FOR STORY ON HIS INJURY), Colin McCarthy, Javarris James and Eric Moncur tearing it up on the field, Kirby Freeman sitting out the action, and Anthony Redd*ck playing cornerback.... I'm not exactly sure what I saw on Friday, and I'm pretty sure that was by design.

The offense confuses me, but in a good way. It takes me a while to figure out what Patrick Nix is doing. It doesn't always work, partly because Miami's so limited at receiver and is working with a piecemeal offensive line, but U see potential there. All it needs is a few missing pieces (Derrick Morse, Jason Fox, A.J. Trump, Lance Leggett, Darnell Jenkins) and a decent quarterback to facilitate it.

Speaking of quarterbacks, for the record Matt Perrelli took the first snap, and the walk-ons took a significant amount of the reps Friday night and showed they are NO LONGER in the race to be UM's starting quarterback.

Freeman didn't scrimmage at all, and I suspect he was either under the weather or has a tired arm. While Randy Shannon promised everyone would get an opportunity, truthfully speaks, that's what practices (the ones that are closed to the public) are for. Paul Dee and the 1,000 fans in attendance didn't drive all the way to Lockhart Stadium - in rush hour traffic I might add - to see Perrelli, Jake Byrne and Jorge Fernandez.

He has to be resting Freeman up for next Saturday's scrimmage at the Orange Bowl, or worse, sending him a message - which I haven't heard is the case - especially since I've been told this was Freeman's best week of the spring.

As for Kyle Wright, he performed better than he did in his first scrimmage. His completion percentage wasn't good, but a lot of that could be blamed on walk-on and scholarship receivers dropping passes. However, he did throw it behind a number of guys a few times. But, on a positive note I couldn't remember any "What was he thinking," moments, which is a step in the right direction.

Wright's first drive, the one with the real first team, was the most impressive. He scrambled on a bootleg for 7-yards, James popped off a 22-yard run, making a cut that put Lovon Ponder on his backside, and Wright hit DajLeon Farr on an underneath route in the center of the field. Farr cut up the sidelines for a 35-yard gain and really scored but the referees said he was out at the one. James punched it in for a touchdown, ending a 4-play, 65-yard drive.

As the defense usually does when they get embarrassed at practice they immediately started smacking the offense in the mouth. On the very next drive Graig Cooper bobbled a hand-off after getting smacked in the backfield and Ponder picks it up and runs it in for a 25-yard touchdown. Cooper was done after that because he hurt his hand.

After that it was mostly walk-on QB after walk-on QB, which told me nothing.

Here's what else I learned....

I'm going to make a bold prediction right now that Colin McCarthy is a starter. I was expecting that type of showing from Tavares Gooden this spring and it makes me wonder if his hand injury, or something else is holding him back.

Matt Pipho needs to work on his shotgun snapping. Shannon is hopeful that Morse can be healthy enough to participate in UM's final week of practice.

Defensive tackle Josh Holmes, who recovered a fumbled snap, is small but has the potential to be a player. He was very active in the scrimmage, following up a week of practice where I finally started to hear his name get mentioned.

Kylan Robinson broke two long runs (17 and 22) and caught Boss Cane's attention. But Shannon said he has to start doing that consistently.

It appears that Carlos Armour has worked his way into the starting spot with Glenn Sharpe sidelined by his ankle injury, and Armour did a decent job.

The offensive line opened up some nice holes, but Calais Campbell was rarely on the field so the praise for Friday's showing will be tempered. If the O-line can do what they did Friday with Campbell on the field then you've got something. Chris Rutledge again caught my attention. His weight loss has really helped him move.

Finally, Traz Powell stadium desperately needs a new P.A. system because their announcer gems were routinely wasted by poor sound quality.

Tons of high school prospects showed up for the scrimmage, including many of the Northwestern boys, new UM commit Brandon Washington, running back Chris Smith, the Sun-Sentinel Player of the Year, whose recent transfer from Hollywood Hills to Boyd Anderson is causing controversy (READ HERE). Damien Berry was also in the house, as was Luther Campbell, who presently controls the Pop Warner football circuit in Dade County.

Remember, this is only what one man saw, and what one man thinks. Don't take it for the gospel.

Deuces.
 11 years ago '04        #1146
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:
why the hell can't we get an update on Leggett? If its that simple of an injury let the press know and keep him off the field when hes not practicing
Shannon's not gonna let that info out, more than likely.

but as long as he's back by august like they say, im fine
 03-31-2007, 12:30 PM         #1147
YoungGQ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lance leggett a.ss bet not be bi*chin up this year...cuz he ain't been realy gettin off since he was a freshman...
 11 years ago '04        #1148
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
damn the wideouts need help, good thing help is on the way this summer
 11 years ago '04        #1149
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 YoungGQ said:
lance leggett a.ss bet not be bi*chin up this year...cuz he ain't been realy gettin off since he was a freshman...
yeah his freshman year in 04 he was good. then in 05 when he hurt his foot, he was garbage. 06 he was decent in a poor offense. lets hope he can put it together one last time
 11 years ago '04        #1150
itstheshoes 
space
space
$883 | Props total: 1 1
 C.R.I.P. said:
yeah his freshman year in 04 he was good. then in 05 when he hurt his foot, he was garbage. 06 he was decent in a poor offense. lets hope he can put it together one last time
although I'm a FSU fan/alumni, props on the UM news. A couple of my homeboys play there (George Timmons and Rashaun Jones) and I like to keep up on them. Hopefully they'll make some noise this year (except when they play FSU of course :D )
 11 years ago '04        #1151
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
wow, i'm actually not gonna say anything because he's from FSU..... :wow:
 03-31-2007, 07:19 PM         #1152
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
August is a long way off... if its that serious an injury where he cant even practice non contact then its serious
 11 years ago '04        #1153
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 itstheshoes said:
although I'm a FSU fan/alumni, props on the UM news. A couple of my homeboys play there (George Timmons and Rashaun Jones) and I like to keep up on them. Hopefully they'll make some noise this year (except when they play FSU of course :D )
Rashaun Jones is no longer part of the team...was kicked off, soon after Shannon took over.

he had issues throughout the year he kept getting suspended and sh*t. so it was only a matter of time
 11 years ago '04        #1154
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
UM FOOTBALL
Proposals made for UM to stay
Two proposals to keep UM at the Orange Bowl involve scaled-back renovations, but a move to Dolphin Stadium is still considered likely.
BY BARRY JACKSON

The city of Miami has made two proposals to the University of Miami in a last-ditch effort to keep the Hurricanes from leaving the Orange Bowl and moving to Dolphin Stadium.

University officials will examine the proposals -- which involve scaling back renovations -- but officials involved in the process still consider UM's move to Dolphin Stadium likely barring a change of heart. That's largely because the Hurricanes would make millions more annually by moving there.

Miami city manager Pete Hernandez said Saturday that he made the proposals to UM late Friday. He said UM indicated it would respond in ``two to three weeks.''

Hernandez said the proposals include different levels of scale backs and would cost between $150 million and $200 million. He said the city ''is in the range where we can cover one of the [two] scenarios . . . closer to $150 million'' without asking for a contribution from UM.

He declined to specify the scale backs, but indications are they would be across the board, including a reduction in the planned number of suites and chair-back seats.

The city previously identified $84 million toward OB upgrades. Though Hernandez said the city has ''some good ideas'' to boost that figure to the $150 million range, he declined to discuss them, citing the sensitive nature of the negotiations.

Asked if this would be the city's final offer, Hernandez said, ``Definitely it's the best offer we can come up with. We're making the best possible effort. I am hopeful.''

UM athletic director Paul Dee, who attended the meeting with Hernandez, said Saturday, ``We're trying very hard with the city to see if there's a way to do the project on a bit of a scale-back basis. The university needs time to review the [proposals].''

Dee declined to comment further.

Though one UM official said recently he would be shocked if the Hurricanes don't move to Dolphin Stadium, the school says publicly that no decision has been made.

Dolphin Stadium officials are optimistic, but have received no commitment from UM.

UM and Dolphin Stadium have been in serious negotiations for weeks and have resolved most of their issues. One negotiating point that remained last week was Dolphin Stadium's request for its suite holders to get right of first refusal on suites at UM games.

Though UM's lease with the OB runs through 2009, the sense inside UM is that the school would receive permission from the city of Miami to move earlier than that if UM leaves the OB. The Hurricanes definitely will play the 2007 season at the Orange Bowl.
 04-01-2007, 09:26 PM         #1155
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
support the bring back rakim movement
 11 years ago '04        #1156
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:
support the bring back rakim movement
real talk, FREE RA
 11 years ago '04        #1157
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
but props to CRIP and everyone else for the info
 11 years ago '04        #1158
itstheshoes 
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
Rashaun Jones is no longer part of the team...was kicked off, soon after Shannon took over.

he had issues throughout the year he kept getting suspended and sh*t. so it was only a matter of time
WOW!! Damn Rashaun!! I didn't know that. Do you a link to the story? That's crazy though... he had potential but never really did much. He really didn't make much noise down there and last I heard they had switched him to WR and I think he got suspended for the bowl game.
I'm suprised I hadn't heard anything about it in the small town he's from. And any news on George? I know I heard he had surgery on his knee recently. Has he even played in a game yet?
Good looking on the news though!
 11 years ago '04        #1159
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
 itstheshoes said:
WOW!! Damn Rashaun!! I didn't know that. Do you a link to the story? That's crazy though... he had potential but never really did much. He really didn't make much noise down there and last I heard they had switched him to WR and I think he got suspended for the bowl game.
I'm suprised I hadn't heard anything about it in the small town he's from. And any news on George? I know I heard he had surgery on his knee recently. Has he even played in a game yet?
Good looking on the news though!
Did u go to nationals this weekend
 11 years ago '04        #1160
itstheshoes 
space
space
 Playnogames305 said:
Did u go to nationals this weekend
Nah, unfortunately I didn't although I wish I would have because my a.ss need a job 4 real :banghead: . At first I didn't know what you was talking about then I looked at my ava and remembered this weekend was the national convention.

Last edited by itstheshoes; 04-02-2007 at 12:57 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
218 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
39 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
42 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
146 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
55 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy