most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #11521
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3775 3775
 Cap Peeler said:
i knew that was the first n*gga they could think of

bum a.ss couldn't cover the name list of the kids he got much less a receiver
ok Patrick Robinson, a FIRST ROUND selection a couple years ago........
 4 years ago '06        #11522
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12024 12024
 MRS. RONDO said:
THE 3 STAR GUY? OH OK
miami, Lsu and alabama all in the top 3 for that so called 3 star guy

you accepted his commitment then he told yall f*ggots kick rocks
 4 years ago '05        #11523
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
you dont get it do you, we dont recruit 3 star players on the dline....only 4 n 5 stars thats why you saw us in FSU fashion pull the best DE and DT in the country last year.....who already blowin sh*t up , just thought i'd let you know...so trust me BDJ dropped his a.ss n plus I cant blame the guy he would never play here.....where as he could start day 1 at Miami
 4 years ago '08        #11524
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
We have 10 4 or 5* DT currently on roster. You think Bain was gonna get the early PT he wants at FSU hell no. Yall n*ggas don't even have 10 4/5* defensive players on your entire depth chart scrub a.ss n*ggas
 4 years ago '05        #11525
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
i just come in miami threads sh*ttin on you as the starting pitcher n then Fame comes in as the closer....Mariano Rivera prime typa sh*t n finishes you off........its disgusting
 4 years ago '04        #11526
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 DEDOS said:
phillip buchannon made over 45 million in the NFL and played on the great college football team of all time got ring

FSU players get No NFL checks whatsoever. living at they mommas house sleeping on the couch

you tell me who won
this fukking line gets me everytime
 4 years ago '08        #11527
space
space
Yall n*ggas stay talking that NFL sh*t but over the past 4/5 yrs I swear we put more n*ggas in the league then yall. Stop living in the fu*king past man yall ship has sailed. And we have 10 potential draft picks on defense alone this yr yall n*ggas k!ll me living off of 2001 11 yrs later let it go man that team is gone and not coming back
 4 years ago '06        #11528
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
THE MUTHAfu*kIN GOLDEN GOON GOT THE MUTHAUFCKIN ACE UP HIS SLEEVE

TIM WILLIAMS

“Miami is my top school right now and I’m looking at them a lot,” Williams said. “I really see myself playing there. I’ve been getting the most love from them, more than anybody else. Coach Jethro (Franklin) was the first coach to come see me during the spring. Then he was the only coach who came to my spring game.”

4 years ago '06        #11529
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

It ended up being instrumental in later landing some of the 2012 signees like Tyriq McCord, Earl Moore, and Deon Bush. Miami is set to host the same event this year on Sunday, August 12th.

The only difference is that the name has been changed to Rising Senior Day.

The idea of this gathering is to bring together 2013 prospects, as well as their families, closer to each other and the coaching staff. There will be both committed prospects as well as some of their top uncommitted targets.

Five of Miami’s commitments have confirmed with InsideTheU.com that they plan on attending. That includes Tampa Jesuit tight end Travis Johnson, St. Petersburg tight end Jeremy Kerr, Atlantic defensive tackle Keith Bryant, Southridge safety Jamal Carter, and Lake Mary Prep athlete Ray Lewis III.

The following selection of uncommitted prospects will only make up part of who will actually show up, but here’s a preview of the action heading in. Note: Due to the fluid nature of recruiting this list is subject to change

WR Jordan Cunningham

School: University School
Size: 6-3, 175
The Situation: Cunningham has been Miami’s top target at his position for awhile now and he’s been a regular around campus. He’s not expected to make a decision this weekend but the Canes are only helping their chances with all the visits he has taken. He’s expected to take some official visits and Stanford is definitely the biggest threat to lure him out of his backyard.

OL Denver Kirkland

School: Booker T. Washington
Size: 6-4, 330
The Situation: Kirkland has been on Miami’s radar for a long time and they’ve always been one of his top choices. He has been consistent about saying he’s waiting until signing day though. Florida State has moved into position over the summer as the biggest threat to the Canes, with South Florida running in third.

DE Tim Williams

School: Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab
Size: 6-3, 225
The Situation: It must have been music to the staff’s ears when Williams recently named Miami as his leader. After all, they have put a lot of their defensive end eggs in his basket. That was even before he’s been to campus, so a commitment isn’t out of the question. He does plan to wait until after the season, and LSU won’t let him go easily since his high school is on their campus.

DL Jaynard Bostwick

School: Port St. Lucie West Centennial
Size: 6-4, 280
The Situation: Miami has always been one of, if not the, favorite for Bostwick, but he’s been taking the process slowly. He has a desire to visit some out of state schools and he hasn’t done much of that yet. His cousin, Thurston Armbrister, does play for Miami and he’s been there a lot more than anywhere else. It would be pretty surprising if he ends up anywhere else but that won’t be known any time soon.

DT Maquedius Bain

School: University School
Size: 6-3, 308
The Situation: Bain finally decommitted from Florida State last month, which many had expected for months. With the Seminoles out of the picture, Miami has become the clear favorite. He’s been around the program on numerous occasions and everyone expects him to pick the Canes in the end. He’s a little wary about rushing a decision considering he’s already committed and later withdrawn that pledge.

LB Jermaine Grace

School: Miramar
Size: 6-1, 195
The Situation: It’s been long accepted that Miami was the favorite for Grace but it now looks like Tennessee may be in second. That’s significant only in the sense that nobody was really able to identify who else he liked. He’s expected to wait until signing day since he has such a strong desire to handle recruiting the same way as his former teammate Tracy Howard.

LB Matthew Thomas

School: Booker T. Washington
Size: 6-4, 201
The Situation: Miami was already a little bit behind when they were still the only school he had visited. That gap seemed to get bigger when he visited Florida State for the first time last month. All hope is not lost though, not even close. His family wants him to remain in Miami and other recruits will surely be doing their best for the same cause.

S Michael Parker

School: Nokesville (Va.) Kettle Run
Size: 6-4, 195
The Situation: Parker enters the weekend with Miami still at the front of the pack but West Virginia is still lurking. The thing is that he openly stated he prefers the smaller classroom atmosphere at a private school. If it were as simple as that, he would be a Cane, but it may not be quite that easy

sh*ts about to get Real
 4 years ago '05        #11530
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #11531
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
notice at the 24 second mark a picture of somebody in the FLorida Department of Corrections Prison Blue Suits in Malcom Lewis's Locker

YOU fu*kING WITH A MUTHAfu*kA CANE GOONS
 4 years ago '07        #11532
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
its always great to be a hurricane
 4 years ago '08        #11533
space
space
Except for when we kicking yall a.ss in an empty stadium
 4 years ago '07        #11534
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
Yea now you talking dumb fsu/mia games are NEVER EMPTY
 4 years ago '08        #11535
space
space
Ur right my bad. Our fans do buy a lot of tix for that game
 4 years ago '04        #11536
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
Yall n*ggas stay talking that NFL sh*t but over the past 4/5 yrs I swear we put more n*ggas in the league then yall. Stop living in the fu*king past man yall ship has sailed. And we have 10 potential draft picks on defense alone this yr yall n*ggas k!ll me living off of 2001 11 yrs later let it go man that team is gone and not coming back
Players signed in 2012

Miami - 12 (6 drafted)

FSu - 9 (4 drafted)

In 2011

Miami - 8 drafted

fsu - 3 drafted

and i'm only going back 2 years

"bu bu but but we put out more players to the nfl than y'all"
 4 years ago '05        #11537
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
let's see this year.......
 4 years ago '05        #11538
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Matthew Thomas skippin yall Rising Senior Day to come visit us instead

yall lucky yall in Miami n some of some of them kids stay home or else yall wouldnt get sh*t n most of what you do get they are gettin pushed in the direction to miami, they just kids n not man enough to make they own decisions.....
 4 years ago '06        #11539
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

CB TRACY HOWARD

Howard says he's "putting in extra work to be great on the football field." That means studying his playbook after the team returns from the day's work at around 10 p.m. each night.

"I'm learning the playbook, getting the plays down pat - you have to put in extra work to get to know it," Howard said. "I have Denzel Perryman as my roommate, and he helps me a lot at night. And sometimes I come in in the morning (before the 6:30 a.m. breakfast) and watch film, just go over the playbook."

Howard got a black jersey early-on as a team leader and starter, and he says getting it didn't come as a surprise. "It was good, but it was something that I expected," Howard said. "It wasn't like I was too surprised about it because I always set high expectations for myself."

Howard hopes to bring the Canes back to their former glory. "Me and all the freshmen, (everyone else) want to set our mark this year, be known for the guys that bring the U back," Howard said.

* Howard got into a scuffle with WR Jontavious Carter in this morning's practice, with both players shoving and grabbing each other even after coaches blew whistles several times.

"We compete hard - that's just what goes on in football, teammates battling, just competing, that's all," Howard said.

RB DUKE JOHNSON

Of what he wants to accomplish in Year 1, Johnson said, "Year 1? Play hard, go out every game and give it all I've got, do what coaches tell me to do." Does he expect to make an immediate impact? A simple answer: "Yes."

Of what fall camp's been like for him, Johnson said, "It's been great. I'm enjoying it, learning new things, am picking up the playbook pretty well. The coaches and upperclassmen are doing a great job introducing us to the playbook and helping us out."

Johnson has big-play ability he's showed off this fall, and that's pumped up his teammates at times. "We just go out there day in and day out and try to find something to get us going, and I just have my day to get the team going, up-tempo, get us hyped, excited to practice," Johnson said.

Johnson has the hands to line up in the slot if needed, but he says coaches haven't given him a set role yet. "It all depends on what coach (Jedd) Fisch wants on a specific play," Johnson said.

* Johnson is also working as a returner, but says he has work to do taking back punts.

"I'm not used to the sky punts, the college game - I'm used to the one-bouncers in high school," Johnson said. "Coach (George) McDonald is teaching me how to return punts and kickoffs."

* Johnson provides levity in the meeting room.

"Duke does this thing where when coach asks him something instead of saying `Yes,' he says `Yes' in Spanish, so he says `Si,'" RB Mike James said. "That's funny to me."

WR ROBERT LOCKHART
Fisch said Lockhart will play right away as a true freshman, and after a year at prep school he's shown tremendous athletic ability. At 6-foot-2, Lockhart currently weighs 180 pounds (up five pounds from when he arrived). He tested at 4.49 seconds in the 40 this summer. "I just try to work my hardest and I know I'll get on the field," Lockhart said.

Lockhart originally committed to Virginia Tech before decommitting to Miami, and he said today he didn't make up his mind for sure until just a week before signing. "I just really wanted to stay close to home," he said. "My family could come to every game. It's a great coaching staff, a great opportunity to be here, to play right away."

- Lockhart says the toughest cornerbacks he goes up against are "either Brandon McGee or Tracy Howard."

He says Howard is tough because "he's fast, has good cuts, reacts really well."

WR MALCOLM LEWIS

Fisch said today that Lewis will play as a true freshman, and he's gotten first team reps. So what did he do to get in that position? "Hard work, being on top of my game and making the least mistakes I can," Lewis said. "I'm working hard, finishing on every play."

Asked how much he expects to play this year, Lewis said "A lot. I'm still learning, but I have the basics down right now."

Of the freshman wideout group, Lewis said, "We don't want to mess up because there's another guy behind you waiting for you to mess up. You have to stay on top of your game, work the hardest. "(Coaches) are putting us in the fire, expecting us to adjust to the system. We're doing that, are just trying to work hard."

What has he learned from the older players? "The plays, the ins and outs, what coverage they're in, how to adjust to different things they're doing," Lewis said.

What will it be like when he runs out of the smoke for the first time? "It's going to be amazing, a tremendous feeling," Lewis said. "I can't wait."

DE DWAYNE HOILETT

Hoilett, who arrived in January, earned praise from coaches and he's shown a tremendous work ethic. "Since January I've gained about 30 pounds - I'm 245 right now," Hoilett said. "I worked hard in the spring and summer on staying low, my conditioning, my technique, be more aggressive off the ball and learn the playbook." He tested at 4.6 seconds in the 40, and he increased his reps of 225 pounds from six when he arrived to 14 now.

What does he see ahead for this defensive line? "If we all do our jobs we can be a really good line," he says.

Of the freshman class, Hoilett said, "All the freshmen are coming together well, and the whole team is looking good."

S DEON BUSH

Bush played mostly safety in high school but expected to play cornerback at Miami. That expectation changed after he arrived. "At first I thought corner, but when I got here I was moved to safety at the start of the summer," Bush said. "I'm just adjusting to it right now. "Right now I'm putting everything in the coaches' hands. Right now I'm playing safety, so that's what I'm playing." He says the toughest adjustment to college ball is "the playbook, knowing all the checks and different things of that nature. Everything else is just basically second nature."

Bush ran a 4.4 in 40-yard dash testing and he did 14 reps of 225 pounds. Last season he played at 177 pounds; he's now a 192-pounder. "That's a big jump - I'm just focused right now," Bush said.

Bush says the summer workouts and fall practices are tough, but that no one complains. "Coach (Al) Golden has the `No Excuses 24/7' policy - we're not allowed to complain about anything," Bush said. "And that's a good thing." Does he ever want to complain? "I feel the heat sometimes," Bush says with a laugh.

Bush says playing safety at Miami "is a big transition from high school, where you just call the coverage and that's that. But now you have to learn the checks, all the formations. That's the big difference from high school to college."

How many true freshmen does Bush expect will play? "It's hard to say, but I think a lot of freshmen are going to play," Bush said. "A lot of guys are stepping up and not playing like underclassmen."

Does Bush expect to fill a role right away? "I'm just working hard, learning from the older guys like Kacy (Rodgers) and Vaughn (Telemaque)," Bush said. "I'm just going to help the team as best I can."

Bush says he's working on "a lot" of special teams units, so he could find his way onto the field in that capacity as well. "Everybody is competing right now to see who is going to get the spots," Bush said.

- Bush says he's studied film of Eric Berry.

"He kind of has that same body frame of me - that's been helping me a little, trying to learn from his tendencies, what he does," Bush said. Bush says he watches Berry's film on YouTube.

- Bush says the team's day starts at "six something" and that "we get back to the dorm around 10 (at night)." Players are asked to get in 1,500 calories for breakfast. While there are no coaches making sure players eat that much, Bush says players take it upon themselves to eat the way they're supposed to. "We have eggs, pancakes, things of that nature," Bush said. "At UM we have a policy that everyone holds themselves accountable. If you don't do what you're supposed to do then you're hurting yourself and your team."

LB RAPHAEL KIRBY

Kirby has earned praise from coaches for his solid play - he arrived at Miami in the spring. "I've gotten stronger and my weight has gone up since then," Kirby said. He currently weighs 218 pounds (up from 210 in the spring), and he did 27 reps of 225 pounds (he arrived doing just nine reps). "A lot of work goes into it," Kirby said.

Asked if he sees himself playing right away, Kirby said, "That's what I plan on doing. Whenever my name is called I'll just go in and handle my business." Kirby says he hasn't gotten an indication from coaches if he'll play as a freshman. "Time will tell," he said. "They say keep working hard and you have a good chance of playing."

Kirby is working at middle linebacker behind Denzel Perryman. "You have to study it a lot," Kirby said. "Even when you think you've got it, you have to study because there's always that one little thing that can mess it up. And at Mike everything revolves around you. When you mess up a lot of things go wrong."

* Kirby says he got a welcome to Miami moment during spring practice: "My helmet came off, I kept going and my nose got messed up. It was a drill, so after my helmet came off I still engaged."

4 years ago '06        #11540
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

DE JELANI HAMILTON

Hamilton said the speed of the game is the toughest thing to get accustomed to for him. "It moves by so fast," he said. "You have to really pay attention; you have to work hard; you have to really focus."

Of fellow end Anthony Chickillo, he said, "He would tell me every day, 'Get in your playbook. Get in your playbook.' Or I'll see him in the hall and he'll quiz me, 'What's this play and what do you do on it?'"

CB VERNON DAVIS

Davis is getting second and third team reps at cornerback. He says "the competition level is real good; I'm trying to stay focused every day." The biggest challenge? "Learning the playbook," he said. "I'm doing pretty well with it right now."

Davis has gained 10 pounds since arriving; he's up to 180 pounds.

DE TYRIQ MCCORD

McCord said the freshman class arrived "with the mindset to make each other better, push each other. Everyone strives to get a black jersey - Tracy got one and honestly I think Duke is on the rise of getting an orange jersey for offense. We strive to make the seniors better, the juniors and sophomores. They strive to help us learn and keep us on track, because we are the future of the University of Miami."

McCord says the transition to college ball is "very big. Everything is much faster, much quicker. Everybody is bigger and a lot of people are faster. You have to be smarter, a whole lot smarter, and I'm starting to see that now."

Of when it first hit him that college would be much tougher than high school, McCord said, "It was either (Malcolm) Bunche or Jermaine Johnson hit me in the mouth one play. It was one of the first practices, and I was just like 'Man, I got to bring it next time.'"

McCord adds that "The first week or so I didn't know what I was doing, but now I'm picking up on it and doing really well so far."

McCord said when he first arrived "I wanted to come and do this on my own." But he says "there were times we had conditioning in camp and I was like `Man, I don't know if I'm going to make it.'"

McCord arrived at UM as a 215-pounder; he's now 227 pounds. He ran a 4.59-second time in 40 testing. "I'm doing pretty well, am working with Chick [Anthony Chickillo] and he keeps me under his wing," McCord said. "I'm learning each step and at the same time getting better."

JONTAVIOUS CARTER

Carter says "when I got here, strength and conditioning-wise, I weighed 192 and now I'm at 205. That shows the results right there of how coach Swasey is with strength and conditioning."

Carter says he's doing extra work on the side despite the 6:30 a.m.-10 p.m. day that includes breakfast, practice, meetings, etc.

"It's what you put in," Carter said. "If you feel you're so tired from camp, of course you're not going to do anything. But if you really have that drive, that work mentality, you can come in early before breakfast. I've come in a few times before breakfast and watched Brandon Marshall on tape. You can get JUGS in before practice, about 50 catches in. It's all about what you want to do. It's how you feel in your job, your work ethic."

Carter says "pretty much everybody" is out before the 8:20 a.m. practice doing work on their own. "That's what makes us so strong," Carter said.

- Carter says the UM film room includes options to watch tape on Marshall, Victor Cruz and Sammy Watkins among others.

"You can pick those players, and you can choose under routes, slant routes - they have every route and how they run it," Carter said. "There are about six or seven NFL guys we can watch."

Carter says he watches mostly Marshall to "see what he does so I can improve on my game, what I can take and put in my game."

* Carter never ran the 40 for Swasey - "I had a dentist appointment that day," he said.

HERB WATERS

Waters is one of the receivers coaches say is doing well. "I want to get on the field right away, so I'm going to compete harder than anyone else," Waters said. "I'm giving maximum effort in everything. I have my mind set on playing."

Of course, there are always going to be rookie mistakes. "Everyone has freshman mistakes, but we have on and off days of mistakes," Waters said. "We're working hard, are ready to come so we can be perfect. On the field all the freshmen, we're improving every day so that's a good thing."

Of Lockhart and Lewis, Waters said, "Malcolm, he's just an all-around player. He has hands, speed route-running. And Rob, he's an all-around player too but his strength is jumping. Whenever we need a big play, an up ball in the back of the end zone, Rob is the guy to go to for the up ball."

What does Waters do best? "I have speed, route running and hands," he said.

Waters tested at 4.5 seconds in the 40 this summer. He arrived at UM weighing 173 pounds; he's now up to 182. "Coach Swasey is a great conditioning coach; I've picked up a lot of weight thanks to him," Waters said.

* Of what he does to get acclimated to college ball, Waters said, "I just follow Allen Hurns and Phillip Dorsett. They're my mentors, so I follow them until I get the hang of practice knowing my drills. They're my leaders."

* Of the overall freshman class, Waters said, "I didn't know our freshman class was going to be this good. We have a great class for the next four to five years, so we're going to be good. We're ready. The whole freshman class is ready."
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
81 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
6 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
176 comments
1 day ago