Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #11501
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,564 | Props total: 11928 11928
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
At least we live in reality
ya ok you walk around like hott sh*t but you put up nothing but 4 loss seasons and havent won a BCS bowl game since we have and havent won a championship since we have. yall pathetic
 4 years ago '08        #11502
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
 DEDOS said:
ya ok you walk around like hott sh*t but you put up nothing but 4 loss seasons and havent won a BCS bowl game since we have and havent won a championship since we have. yall pathetic
Who's more pathetic a team that talks about their current roster and recent history or a teeam that talks about titles that most the n*ggas on those teams are getting ready to retire cuz that sh*t happened so long ago. we can admit we've had bad seasons yall n*ggas overlook yall bullsh*t records and talk about 2001 like it was last yr. End yall current losing streak against us and then yall can talk
 4 years ago '08        #11503
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
Matter fact bi*ches get ranked before you address us until then begin and end every sentence with big daddy when referring to FSU cuz thas who we are to yall
 4 years ago '05        #11504
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,651 | Props total: 3742 3742
Miami fans talk about the past, FSU fans talk about the future
 4 years ago '05        #11505
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Ray-Ray Armstrong is planning to sue Miami.

"Miami made a unilateral decision to dismiss Ray-Ray without NCAA process," attorney Matt Morgan of Orlando who is representing Armstrong. "We believe Miami is using Ray-Ray as a sacrificial lamb to the NCAA."

ANOTHER 5 STAR DA U BUST LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
 4 years ago '04        #11506
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
 MRS. RONDO said:
Ray-Ray Armstrong is planning to sue Miami.

"Miami made a unilateral decision to dismiss Ray-Ray without NCAA process," attorney Matt Morgan of Orlando who is representing Armstrong. "We believe Miami is using Ray-Ray as a sacrificial lamb to the NCAA."

ANOTHER 5 STAR DA U BUST LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
Of course you went full retard and only posted 1 comment out of the whole article, and clearly out of context.

Dude is clearly not suing the school if he's trying to get reinstated.
 4 years ago '04        #11507
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
When coach Al Golden took over at UM after the 2010 season, he quickly got on the same page with strength coach Andreu Swasey.

Swasey, who was with the Canes when the team was winning national titles, always takes his cue from the head coach. When Golden arrived he asked Swasey to implement a mandatory 1,500-calorie breakfast, (ed: I wouldn't be surprised if 1500 was what some guys ate *total* under Shannon) a "fifth quarter" that follows a regular workout (in which players do four different stations "to finish up strong," as Swasey puts it), and the team also implemented a "creative excellence" period that involves field work.

"Creative Excellence comes after the Fifth Quarter - they go outside and do some things," Swasey said.

Swasey adds that "Every coach has every style and what they want to get done. Coach Golden set our foundation with what we're doing. It's what coach Golden wanted to do - he came in and said `We're going to get 1,500 calories before we start.'"

In year 2, the system is reaping huge dividends with players getting bigger, faster and much stronger.

"That's happening because of a combination of those things (Golden implemented)," Swasey said. "It's the way they're eating, the whole thing. At the end of the day, when you train and work out, you're breaking the body down. Getting 1,500 calories in every morning before you start to work out, before anything happens, that's huge. Those guys weren't used to eating like that. That plays a part. If you don't have fuel, it's just like a car - I don't care how fast the car is or how good the engine is, if it doesn't have the fuel it can't go as well as it can go.

"It's a year in now, and guys are buying into the program. Guys are buying in, getting enough meals in and that's important, has helped us a lot. ... We're a year into the system, they understand what's expected and they're taking it and running with it."

Swasey also shared results position-by position:

Quarterback: Of Stephen Morris, who is coming off surgery that cost him spring ball, Swasey said, "He's stronger than he ever has been. He went from 255 (last year) to now 275 on the bench. His weight is up, went from 205 to 215, and he's looking good and running well. It's real positive."

Running backs: Freshman Duke Johnson ran a 4.39-second 40 time and Danny Dillard tested at 4.67 seconds.

Swasey said Johnson weighs "185, 190" pounds.

"He started at 315 in the back squat (this summer) and is now at 385," Swasey said. "He just did 385, so we're making some tremendous gains. A lot of it is just getting into the system. They get better. The numbers don't lie. They're productive, steadily getting better."

Of Dillard, Swasey said, "Danny is a big kid. Right now we have to shape him up, get him in better shape. He's 220 (pounds) right now, a nice sized back. He has the Mike James 220 look, which is okay, is a big, tall kid. Once he comes around he'll be a good addition."

Receiver: Swasey said of freshman Robert Lockhart, who has earned praise for his strong start to the fall, that "he is in the 4.5, 4.4 range in the 40. He's a rangy receiver who is still getting stronger. Right now a lot is technical, getting him to get the form down. Once he gets the technique down he'll be great. I'm excited about him."

Fellow freshman Malcolm Lewis tested at 4.47 seconds in the 40.

"He's a fast receiver coming in," Swasey said.

Herb Waters ran a 4.55 in the 40.

"It's a great class of receivers, a great class in general, but we have some great young receivers," Swasey said. "To be honest, each of the receivers are great character kids and great workers which makes it real simple and easy."

Cleveland made strides in his weight room numbers across the board
Tight end: Clive Walford went from 305 pounds last year to 335 pounds in the bench press.

"His squat also moved up," Swasey said. "Clive is in the 4.6 range (in the 40)."

Of Asante Cleveland, Swasey said, "He moved up in all facets. Asante had a tremendous summer; I've been overly impressed. He went up in everything that we did. Asante is in the 4.7 to 4.8 range (in the 40)."

* Offensive line: Of Jonathan Feliciano, Swasey said, "He's done an unbelievable job. Coach (Art) Kehoe came in helping him out, and him stressing his goal weight. He's 313 right now from 335, 345. That goal that was set, it's like with all our goals - guys are really attaining them."

Swasey said Seantrel Hendersoncame in at 365 pounds and is now at 330.

"He's trimmed a lot," Swasey said.

Defensive line: Of Anthony Chickillo, Swasey said, "He was 238 (pounds) playing in the season last year; now he's at 265, 270. He went from a 315 to 355 bench press, squatted 365 and is now 420. His power clean went from 286 to 315, so there's been a lot improvement with Chickillo and he's still staying explosive. So the more size you got, his vertical is still up there and everything else. I'm overly impressed with him."

Of Shayon Green, Swasey said, "Coming off his knee (injury) he power cleaned 330, benched 415, did over 30 reps (of 225). I'm impressed with him. As long as we keep him healthy we can be excited about him."

Of the freshmen linemen, Swasey said, "We just have to get them in better shape right now. We have to get them stronger. Like every freshman coming in, some are not absolute strong."

Swasey singled out Earl Moore, saying "I think Earl is a nice strong kid, coming in with a nice base. I just have to get (Dequan) Ivery and (Jacoby) Briscoe up in conditioning. They can be pretty good."

Darius Smith has dropped the most weight of the linemen, going from 365 pounds when he arrived to 320 pounds.

Linebacker: Swasey said Denzel Perryman made the biggest gain on the team, going from a 295 bench last summer to 400 now. He's also squatting 525 pounds, power cleaning 318 and weighs 230 pounds.

Swasey also said Tyrone Cornileus "has gotten stronger, got his weight up." He pointed to Eddie Johnson and Raphael Kirby as making big strides.

Kirby arrived in the spring.

"He's fast and very strong," Swasey said.

When Kirby tested in the 40 in the spring he ran a 4.8-second 40; this summer he tested at 4.6 seconds.

"He was at 305 for the bench (when he arrived in January), now he's up to 365," Swasey said. "He did 28 reps (of 225 pounds). I've been real impressed with him."

Defensive back: Freshman Tracy Howard has impressed on the field this fall, quickly earning a first team role. He tested at 4.65 seconds in the 40.

"He's already gained 10 pounds (since arriving in the summer) - he was 165 and now is 178," Swasey said. "A lot of it is his heart and will and determination to be the best that he can be. He comes in with a work ethic that's second to none. He's a throwback, old-fashioned, is grinding. You can tell he loves the game. He's very quick, very instinctive, smart, and I think you can put it on me with the speed. I think he'll definitely get faster. I'm not really worrying about that part."

Another freshman cornerback, Antonio Crawford, has shown a nose for the ball with a couple of interceptions in team drills.

"Crawford comes in running a 4.4," Swasey said.

* Swasey said he hasn't seen a freshman group this talented "in a while."

"We've got a whole heap of talent," Swasey said. "They're one of our better clases, I'll definitely say that."

Do they remind Swasey of any past classes?

"The defensive backs are like Antrel Rolle's coming in, Phillip Buchanan, and as a group they have the kind of ability and work ethic and determination for the game as in (championship years)," Swasey said.

* Asked if he worries a player can bulk up too quickly and thereby lose some of his speed, Swasey said, "That is not the motto here - `Bulk and lose speed.' We tend to get faster as we get stronger and bigger."

Swasey adds that "The goals we set, we want to make sure we attain them because my whole ultimate goal is for them to get on the field and do what they do best. We want to reach our goals on the field. The goal is W's."

* Asked if the team is where he wants it to be strength-wise or if adding more strength is still needed, Swasey said, "You're going to always want to be stronger. I know we reached that goal with 41 and 11 [over 40 players doing 20 or more reps of 225 and over 10 players doing 30 or more reps], but me personally I want to go even better. I want to get 50 and 20. I'm going to keep striving for the stars. Why not?"
 4 years ago '07        #11508
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
30 reps of 225
 4 years ago '05        #11509
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
uh oh lawd please not the Philip Buchanon's of the world

Tracy Howard came right to be a starter with no work.... he said lemme go ahead n sign with these clowns right quick cuz da rest of da dbs suck....ima starter day 1
 4 years ago '05        #11510
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
[over 40 players doing 20 or more reps of 225 and over 10 players doing 30 or more reps]

n*gga our walkons do that sh*t be serious
 4 years ago '07        #11511
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
Show me the proof

And phillip was a beast the fu*k you talkin bout
 4 years ago '06        #11512
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
phillip buchannon made over 45 million in the NFL and played on the great college football team of all time got ring

FSU players get No NFL checks whatsoever. living at they mommas house sleeping on the couch

you tell me who won

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #11513
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
FSU won..........2 soon to be 3 years in a row
 4 years ago '04        #11514
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
fsu stans can't name another DB who had an impact in the NFL besides prime time
 4 years ago '05        #11515
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
uhhh Antonio Cromartie ring a bell? the list goes on n on....
 4 years ago '06        #11516
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 MRS. RONDO said:
muahahahah that f*ggot stays getting roast, cant cover and cant tackle. the jets been flirting with him moving to wideout he sucks so bad
 4 years ago '05        #11517
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
no they are thinkin about moving him because he is that much of a freak athlete a once in a decade type of athlete
 4 years ago '04        #11518
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 MRS. RONDO said:
i knew that was the first n*gga they could think of

bum a.ss couldn't cover the name list of the kids he got much less a receiver
 4 years ago '06        #11519
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

Defensive tackle Maquedius Bain (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./University School of Nova Sout) decommitted from Florida State last month. Bain is now considering another in-state school.

"Miami's in front -- Miami is a good school, I still talk to the coaches," Bain told Matt Shodell of CaneSport.com. "I talk to coach (Mark) D'Onofrio -- we just check up on each other, I ask him questions and see how they're doing down there.

"No. 2 is LSU, then Alabama, and after that it's Michigan State and then Oklahoma."

Miami's added advantage is having Bain's best friend, Jelani Hamilton, on the roster.

"Jelani, he's my best friend," Bain said. "I grew up with him. We played little league together. He said Miami's a good family school, just says to come and bring Miami back to where it was."

Bain will announce his decision at this year's Under Armour game.

- Brent Sobleski
espn insider
 4 years ago '05        #11520
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
THE 3 STAR GUY? OH OK
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
196 comments
2 days ago