Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
154 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #11441
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
Jamal Carter next
 4 years ago '05        #11442
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,703 | Props total: 3816 3816
the real question is do they stick after yall win 3 games this season?
 4 years ago '06        #11443
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,723 | Props total: 12271 12271

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #11444
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
great pick up, but doing hat tricks this early

hopefully commitment sticks
 4 years ago '07        #11445
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
They always do hats

Lsu was his dream school & that fsu hat
 4 years ago '06        #11446
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
these goons dont give a fu*k

So far the latest allegations facing Al Golden and the Miami Hurricanes haven't hurt their recruiting efforts. And it appears for the time being -- at least locally -- it hasn't deterred players from strongly considering UM.

A day after Miami Northwestern cornerback Artie Burns announced his intentions to sign with the Canes in February, Jamal Carter, a 6-1, 175-pound highly touted safety at Miami Southridge, told The Miami Herald the latest Yahoo! report won't play a factor in his college choice either.

"I read it," Carter said. "But I figured it isn't true. I believe Coach Golden. It won't affect my decision."

Carter, considered the 18th best safety in the country by Rivals.com, will announce his college choice at 1:30 p.m. Thursday. LSU, Florida State, Florida and Hawaii are the other programs he said he likes.
 4 years ago '07        #11447
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Jamal Carter is all cane

Dude is hillarious on twitter....doesnt even try and hide it

Matthew Thomas is a must get tho

Oh yea follow me KingLew_88
 4 years ago '05        #11448
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
oh yes them goons bringin da U back lets see how them goons ridin after this season,,......hope they dont have a change of heart, i think it should be fun for all involved
 4 years ago '04        #11449
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
Burns and Carter are two great pickups to add to a secondary thats already plenty of talented.
 4 years ago '06        #11450
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #11451
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 4 years ago '05        #11452
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

nother canefreak classic

4 years ago '04        #11453
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
 Deeangoe said:

nother canefreak classic

I feel empowered now. Can't fu*king wait.
 4 years ago '07        #11454
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Canefreak that dude
 4 years ago '04        #11455
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 Deeangoe said:

nother canefreak classic

Feels good man

Hope we make a splash this year.
 4 years ago '07        #11456
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Camp in 2 days
 4 years ago '05        #11457
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
The most dominant UM defenses were run-stuffing, ball-hawking machines, with a knack for forcing turnovers. Coach Al Golden and coordinator Mark D’Onofrio want to construct that type of unit, but it’s going to take time, considering UM lost Sean Spence and four key linemen and now must break in a talented freshman class.

Here’s the good news: Only 17 of 120 teams allowed fewer points per game than UM’s 20.1 last season. UM was a respectable 45th in average yards allowed (359).

But here’s the problem: Not enough game-changing plays. UM’s six interceptions were the nation’s 10th-fewest and tied with Duke for worst in the conference, well behind North Carolina State’s 27. This has been a problem much of the past five years here, and it must change.
Also, 70 teams recovered more fumbles than UM’s nine. And UM recovered 40.9 percent of the opponent’s 22 fumbles -- 91st in the country.

“This spring, we were stripping balls better, making interceptions better, than any point since I’ve been here,” D’Onofrio said. Before 2011, “the defenses I’ve coached had takeaways in high numbers.” a.ssessing UM’s defense, with practice starting Friday:

### Defensive line: Darius Smith is the front-runner to start alongside Curtis Porter at tackle (“those two distanced themselves,” D’Onofrio said), and Shayon Green and former linebacker Kelvin Cain will compete for the end spot opposite Anthony Chickillo.

“Shayon had the best spring of any defensive end,” D’Onofrio said. “He hasn’t played as much as we want because of injury, but we can count on him. I want Chickillo to be more physical at the point of attack, be as strong at the end of the season as the beginning, and not get worn down. He’s 20 pounds heavier.”

UM finished 68th with 24 sacks but lost Olivier Vernon and Marcus Robinson. So the Canes need immediate pass rush help from at least two of four freshmen ends, with Tyriq McCord and Jelani Hamilton the most likely. Among four freshmen and redshirt freshman Ricardo Williams, “we’ll have to get two of those five to play now,” D’Onofrio said.

Jalen Grimble, Olsen Pierre, Luther Robinson, Corey King and well-regarded newcomers Earl Moore, Jacoby Briscoe and Dequan Ivery give UM the defensive tackle depth it lacked in 2011. “That’s nine guys, so it’s some pretty stiff competition,” D’Onofrio said.

### Linebacker: UM feels good about how Denzel Perryman has seized the middle linebacker spot. “He’s got great instincts, tremendous burst,” D’Onofrio said. But “Sean Spence knew where it was going before it went. That’s the challenge for Denzel. He’s got all the tools to be a great one. But talent isn’t enough.”

Ramon Buchanan (who missed the last eight games after a season-ending knee injury last year) also will start, likely opposite Jimmy Gaines, who blamed a lull in his play for losing his starting job last November.

D’Onofrio envisions potential third-down roles for Eddie Johnson (very good speed) and Tyrone Cornelius (“fast guy who can blitz or cover”). UM expects Raphael Kirby and Gionni Paul will be factors, and freshman Gabe Terry “was a great pass rusher in high school and another option on third down,” D’Onofrio said. Thurston Armbrister will get a look; Josh Witt has quit football because of concussions.

### Safety: UM isn’t fretting about losing Ray-Ray Armstrong because of a growing confidence in Kacy Rodgers and AJ Highsmith, who have more speed than Armstrong. Even before Armstrong was booted, “AJ and Kacy closed the gap,” D’Onofrio said.

Starter Vaughn Telemaque’s inconsistent spring concerned coaches, but they say he finished strong. Though UM said it originally planned to use highly-regarded freshman Deon Bush at cornerback, his father said he has been moved to safety.

### Cornerback: D’Onofrio said he expects Brandon McGee, Thomas Finnie and Ladarius Gunter “to be three of the six who will play, with the young guys f!ghting it out for the other three.” Elite recruit Tracy Howard a.ssuredly will be one: “A great player who understands the game as well as any kid I’ve been around,” D’Onofrio said.

Senior McGee, a likely starter, “is definitely ahead of Finnie and Gunter but not where he needs to be,” defensive backs coach Paul Williams said. “I tell him he needs to be productive.” Larry Hope, Vernon Davis and Nate Dortch figure to compete for the fifth and sixth jobs
2 days :dancingcool:

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-01-2012 at 10:13 PM..
 4 years ago '07        #11458
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Senior McGee, a likely starter, “is definitely ahead of Finnie and Gunter but not where he needs to be,” defensive backs coach Paul Williams said. “I tell him he needs to be productive.
Mcgee looking like he failed the hype. These athletes at CB cant make plays for sh*t
 4 years ago '05        #11459
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
another 4 star Da U bust that's like 5 stars to yall cuz yall cant get real 5 stars
 4 years ago '08        #11460
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,998 | Props total: 30 30
Damn man yall bout to turn Tracy Howard into a bum smh. Signing to da U now is like a career deathwish
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
22 hours ago