Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #11361
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290

[video - click to view]

nica gameday feature in the 90s on the canes :cool-smiley-009:
 5 years ago '06        #11362
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245
from 3 diffrent sites on Jaynard Bostwick

Something in UM's favor: His first cousin is current Cane Thurston Armbrister.

"He says a lot of good things about Miami, the practices, workouts, the schedules, the classes he's taking," Bostwick said. "He lets me know how the whole day runs, how it would run if I went there."

As a junior he had 75 tackles, 11 for losses, with two sacks.

What does UM have going for it with Bostwick?

"I just grew up with the school; my family really likes the school," he said. "And my cousin goes there."

Miami has always been in a great position for Jaynard Bostwick. He has family ties to The U and he likes the idea of a school that's close to home. Lately, Bostwick has heard from a long list of schools pursuing him but two rise to the top as strong contenders for his services. Miami, of course, and Oregon. Read more to find out the latest from Bostwick.

4-star DT Jaynard Bostwick isn't shy about his love for Miami.

"I've just been there a lot. It's my family's school plus my cousin goes there and they said I have a good chance of starting."

5 years ago '06        #11363
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space

### The UM-Notre Dame game this season, the first meeting between the teams since Notre Dame canceled the series in 1990, will get the prime time forum it deserves. NBC said it will air the game in prime time at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 6 from Chicago. The teams will play in 2016 in South Bend, and 2017 in Miami.

Read more here:
 5 years ago '04        #11364
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,798 | Props total: 1401 1401
What ever happened to fu*king Spring Practice ?
 5 years ago '04        #11365
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 597 597
I think they're on spring break
 5 years ago '05        #11366
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
man tickets for the notre dame are selling for 250+

was thinking about going with my boy
 03-17-2012, 01:33 AM         #11367
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deeangoe said:
man tickets for the notre dame are selling for 250+

was thinking about going with my boy
Was going to go to, but not at those prices. Especially for a football game.
 5 years ago '05        #11368
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 The Lefty said:
Was going to go to, but not at those prices. Especially for a football game.
Still undecided my boys a pilot so we can fly in for free but still need to but tickets and hotel
 5 years ago '05        #11369
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla.—The Miami Hurricanes will once again hit the road for two scrimmages of the Spring football season. The Canes head across town to Hialeah for the first scrimmage on Saturday, March 24, and then go west to Fort Myers for the second tilt on Friday, March. 30.

The Canes will be at Ted Hendricks Stadium in Miami-Dade County this weekend. Kickoff is slated for 10 a.m., with the scrimmage scheduled for a two-hour duration. On Friday, March 30, UM will scrimmage under the lights across the state in Lee County. The Canes will kickoff at 6:45 p.m. at Bishop Verot High School in Fort Myers, Fla. and will practice for two hours again..

Both scrimmages are free and open to the public.

The spring season will culminate with the annual BankUnited CanesFest and Spring Football Game on Saturday, April 14 at Sun Life Stadium.

Saturday, March 24 | Ted Hendricks Stadium | Hialeah, Fla.
Time: 10 a.m.-Noon
Directions: 4800 Palm Ave., Hialeah, Fla. | Driving Directions
Parking: Two parking garages are available for fans —Milander Park Parking Garage and
Hialeah Parking Garage. The parking garages are open 24 hours a day. Directions to both follow.
Milander Park Parking Garage—4800 Palm Ave. Off of the Palmetto Expressway from 103rd St. head east to Palm Ave and make a right. Once a right is made, the parking garage entrance is about 1 minute down on the right. If you are coming from I-95, you will exit 103rd St. and head west to Palm Ave. At Palm Ave you will make a left. The garage entrance will be immediately on the right side.
Hialeah Parking Garage—4775 E. 1st Ave. Off the Palmetto Expressway from 103rd St. head east to East 1st Ave. This will be the first right that can be made once you have passed Palm Ave and the Wendy’s. The garage is about a block down. If you are coming from I-95, you will head west on 103rd St. and make a left on East 1st Ave. The garage is about a block down.
Please note that parking is NOT allowed in the church parking lot adjacent to the stadium.
Entry: Gates open at 9 a.m. Fans should enter the stadium on the northeast corner.
Admission: FREE
Concessions: Food and beverage will be available for purchase.

Friday, March 30 | Bishop Verot High School | Fort Myers, Fla.
Time: 6:45-8:45 p.m.
Directions: 5598 Sunrise Drive, Fort Myers, Fla. | Driving Directions
Parking: Fans can park in the grass lot located on the south side of the stadium.
Entry: Gates open at 5 p.m. Fans should enter the stadium through the main entrance located at the east end of the facility.
Admission: FREE
Concessions: Food and beverage will be available for purchase.
Fan Zone: There will be an interactive Fan Zone set up in the SW corner of the stadium, including inflatables, Sebastian the Ibis and spirit squads. The interactive area will be open from 6 p.m. through halftime.
Raising Canes: UM will debut the second episode of the 2012 Raising Canes season at the Fort Myers scrimmage. The second episode will be air on a loop in the auditorium adjacent to the field throughout the evening.
wish i could go, but work schedule wont allow me to
 5 years ago '05        #11370
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami football team returned to the practice field following their 12-day spring break on Tuesday, and once again the weather provided a beautiful day for football. The coaches and players appeared eager to get back into the swing of things, as evidenced by the number of big plays and hard hits seen over the course of the practice.
The Weather Report: 78 degrees with winds out of the ESE at 16mph and 54% humidity.
The first part of practice consisted of mainly position drills. These included linebackers pass rushing running backs, wide receivers and running backs running with resistance, tight ends running through pads, and offensive linemen run blocking defensive linemen.
Following the position drills the team moved into more collective drills, including 7-on-7 quarterback scramble drills, field goal blocking, kick return coverage and run play simulation.
The rest of practice featured hard-hitting full team action. Some highlights of the first session included Ryan Williams connecting withRashawn Scott on a beautiful deep pass on the first play, Mike James pushing the pile for an extra 10 yards, then following it up with a 60-yard run up the middle, Scott taking a reverse to the house and Vaughn Telemaque making an acrobatic interception.

The players were given a quick break before cranking the intensity right back up with more full-team drills. Coach Fisch captured the mood with this statement, “Go get hydrated, then you better come back with some energy.”

The coaches were very active today, being their usual vocal selves, but also getting in some exercise of their own. Coach Barrow showed he was still in decent shape by running around covering running backs while demonstrating for his linebackers. He then kept the energy up leading the defense in different chants as they tried to simulate crowd noise during the goal line drills. Coach Franklin ran on to the field to celebrate with the defense after making a goal line stop, and Coach McDonald ran laps around the offense after their first score.

More highlights during the second full team session included Asante Cleveland making two nice catches in the corner of the endzone,Dallas Crawford eluding numerous tacklers in traffic, Tyrone Cornelius making a diving pass break-up over the middle of the field,Eduardo Clements breaking some ankles on a long run up the middle, Kendal Thompkins bursting through the defense and catching a screen for a touchdown, and Ladarius Gunter laying a big hit on Philip Dorsett to close out the action.
Cane Spotting: ProCanes Ray Lewis, Reggie Wayne, DJ Williams, Jonathan Vilma and Jimmy Graham took in a little of the Hurricanes practice today. NFL prospect Jacory Harris was also in attendance.
spring notes
 5 years ago '06        #11371
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
Goooooonies

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by DEDOS; 03-25-2012 at 02:47 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #11372
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
9 More Canes Collecting NFL Checks Next Year

Todd McShay Project NINE proCane Rookies To Get Drafted 2012
Mar/23/12 08:46 AM
LamarMillerCanes
In his latest rankings, ESPN's Todd McShay projects the following proCane rookies to get drafted:

2nd Round: RB Lamar Miller

3rd Round: WR Tommy Streeter, LB Sean Spence, DE/LB Olivier Vernon,

5th Round: OG Brandon Washington, DT Marcus Forston, TE Chase Ford

6th Round: WR Travis Benjamin, DE Adewale Ojomo

so at least a 1/3 of every class is collecting NFL checks each year HighSchool kids need to smarten up
 5 years ago '05        #11373
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
ryan williams with that ken dorsey 11 look

5 years ago '06        #11374
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 5 years ago '05        #11375
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
is gary crow #16?

was wondering that

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #11376
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
Golden Goon Strikes Again this time out louisiana and finally a Tight End... 4 star/Rivals 250 TE Standish Dobard commited to the U

5 years ago '06        #11377
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 5 years ago '06        #11378
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
Golden Goon Strikes Again this time out louisiana and finally a Tight End... 4 star/Rivals 250 TE Standish Dobard commited to the U

this kids swagga is on a trillion

New Orleans (LA) Edna Karr High School four-star TE Standish Dobard has gotten plenty of national attention and has done tons of interviews over the last few months.

Never has he mentioned the Hurricanes as high in his recruiting picture.

But today that all changed.

"I committed to Miami," Dobard said. "I wanted to surprise everybody. I knew what I was going to do, just played games. Once I got to Miami (for an unofficial visit today) and I saw what I needed to see, boom, I made it happen."

Dobard grew up a huge Hurricane fan. He says he wants to be a Cane because "It's Miami, the Miami Hurricanes, the best football program ever. I came and I saw the players and the coaches, and I saw that it's a big family. They're phenomenal coaches. I see that family, want to be part of the U. It's the U."

He committed to coaches Al Golden and Brennan Carroll at the end of a day that included sitting in on tight end meetings and touring the campus.

"When I committed they were both in the room - they were both fired up," Dobard said. "I was fired up, too.

"I said `I want to be a Hurricane!' and they were happy."

Dobard said Auburn and Georgia also factored in highly before today. He lists over 20 offers including the likes of LSU, Alabama, Florida and Florida State.

Asked how solid the commitment is, Dobard said, "It's very solid. I'm closing recruiting and looking forward to my season. There will be no other visits."

His goals at UM?

"I hope to be one of the best tight ends ever to come through Miami," Dobard said. "I hope to win a national championship and hope to go pro."

Last season he finished with 40 receptions for over 600 yards and seven touchdowns. Edna Karr High School coach Brice Brown has coached him throughout his high school career.

"On the field he's everything coaches want, is a hard worker, studies his playbook, is very versatile," Brown said. "He causes matchup problems with his athleticism. He matches up well with linebackers and dominates corners, so he's a nightmare for opposing defenses. Almost every snap he's in a different position for us - lining up at receiver, tight end, in the backfield; we try to keep the defense on its toes.

"And he's the first one in the weight room, last one out. You can't ask for more than that."

* Dobard said of Golden that "I love coach Golden. He's the man. I feel like once I come to Miami he'll be able to take care of me. He's like family. I'll come in and do my best to win a championship."

* Dobard plans to major in sports medicine.

"Miami is top 5 in the country, that's what I want to major in," he said. "It's not just about football, is about the education."

* Of what he did on the visit today, Dobard said, "I met with coach Carroll first when I got there. I watched film with the tight ends, will be at the practice (tomorrow - he leaves town on Friday). They're good people, are big, are hard working. Then I went on a tour of the campus - it's beautiful, has to be the best campus ever. It's like a campus from heaven. Then I just chilled in the office, committed and left."

He took the visit with a teammate - four-star CB Noel Ellis - and one of his coaches. Ellis has yet to receive a UM offer but is being recruited.

Last edited by DEDOS; 04-05-2012 at 10:42 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #11379
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
funny pic i found, luda

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #11380
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,798 | Props total: 1401 1401
God damn spring game is tomorrow can't wait to watch.
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy