most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #11341
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Miami Hurricanes quarterback Stephen Morris ‘limited’ after back surgery UM quarterback Stephen Morris is eager to play again after undergoing offseason back surgery but will be limited when spring practice begins Saturday.

BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN The University of Miami football team will start spring practice Saturday without the full services of quarterback Stephen Morris.

Morris, a rising junior, underwent back surgery in the offseason and will work his way back slowly, minus the contact.

“He sounded like the old Stephen Morris to me,” said Miami Monsignor Pace football coach Alvin Slaughter, who spoke to his former player by phone Tuesday. “He said he can’t wait to start throwing the ball again. He was in great spirits.

“I understand how huge spring practice is. But Stephen said he’d be able to throw the ball. He understands that you’ve got to be a competitor, no matter what level you’re at. I told him, ‘Make sure you do all the little things right to show your teammates that you’re the ultimate team player.’ He said, ‘No doubt, Coach.’ ”

Slaughter said he didn’t talk to Morris about the specifics of the surgery, only that it was back-related and that Morris said he “was fine.”

Hurricanes spokesman Chris Freet, UM’s a.ssociate athletic director for communications, confirmed that Morris was “limited’’ and said coach Al Golden would address the situation Thursday during a news conference.

UM will have three other scholarship quarterbacks competing this spring, including Memphis transfer Ryan Williams, who sat out last season and will be a redshirt sophomore. The other two are incoming freshmen Preston Dewey and Gray Crow.

Morris’ father, Colin, respectfully declined to confirm the news.

“I don’t comment on Stephen’s medical condition,” Colin Morris said. “He’s doing well, feeling fine and getting ready for spring practice. I’m sorry I have to be so vague and lacking details, but I’ll leave it up to Coach Golden to talk about the players. Steven’s doing really well and getting ready. He’s excited about a great season.”

Morris, the backup to Jacory Harris the past two seasons, finished his freshman year with 1,240 passing yards, seven touchdowns and nine interceptions in six games – four of them starts. Last season he completed 26 of 37 passes for 283 yards and no touchdowns, with two interceptions in five games. He also ran for a touchdown.
 5 years ago '04        #11342
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Ryan Williams gonna take his spot either way
 5 years ago '04        #11343
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
That Spring Depth Chart is crazy.

5 years ago '04        #11344
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Armstrong, Cleveland have the best offseason for Canes football by: Steve Gorten March 1st, 2012 |5:10 PM

CORAL GABLES – Miami football coach Al Golden said Thursday his team made “significant progress” in the offseason program, and “most importantly, we got a lot stronger as a team.”

Golden said 31 players can now bench-press 225 pounds more than 20 times compared to 11 players at this time last year, and six players, including No. 1 LT Malcolm Bunche, can bench that much 30 times compared to none at this time last year.

Arguably the most impressive stat: senior RB Mike James benched 225 pounds 28 times.

Meanwhile, senior safety Ray-Ray Armstrong had the best offseason of any player, Golden said.

“Clearly, Ray-Ray Armstrong got the message,” Golden said. “ He made a lot of sacrifices on his time, gave up his winter vacation and made a lot of progress.

“There’s not many guys on the team that got a black shirt, got the best rating you could possibly have in each of the eight ‘UTough’ segments, and he did. He’s leading by example right now.”

Some figured Armstrong would declare early for the NFL after last season as teammates Lamar Miller, Tommy Streeter, Olivier Vernon, Marcus Forston and Brandon Washington did.

But Golden said he “never expected him to leave” following a turbulent season in which Armstrong was suspended twice for a total of five games.

“That’s all in the past. He’s left it there,” Golden said. “It’s one thing to say it’s in the past. It’s another that your actions suppoort that. Right now, I have no reason to not trust or believe in what he’s doing.

“Based on this offseason, I expect him to have a real productive spring. I’d be shocked if he’s not playing a lot faster, if he’s not one of our smarter football players out there, if he’s not tackling better in the open field. We all know he gave up too many deep balls [last season], didn’t get us lined up all the time like he needed to do and didn’t make enough open field tackles.”

After Armstrong, tight end Asante Cleveland was the player with the next best offseason, Golden said. Cleveland, who missed last spring because of shoulder surgery and never caught up last fall, has bulked up about 15 pounds to 270 and is running well, Golden said.

“We missed that last year at tight end – a big, physical guy that can do it all,” Golden said. “He’s a lot stronger and a lot more confident.”

Here is what else Golden had to say Thursday, two days before the Hurricanes open spring practice: — The depth chart released Wednesday night was based on players’ performance in the weight room and on-field workouts since the end of last season.

“We’re looking for guys that want to compete in every phase every day,” Golden said. “Guys that don’t do that, leave themselves vulnerable, to be honest with you.

“We had some guys a year ago that opted to have the approach that, ‘Hey, I’ll take care of it in spring ball, I’ll take care of it in training camp,’ and the reality is some of them never regained a starting job. …I’m really proud that the majority of the team really responded to the challenge we had this offseason.”

— Asked whether he was sending a message to players such S Vaughn Telemaque, CB Brandon McGee, LB Denzel Perryman and RT Seantrel Henderson, starters last season who start this spring as backups, Golden said, “We all coached a 6-6 team. We all played for a 6-6 team. That’s not good enough for anybody. That’s the reality of it. We’re not making any excuses. All of our performance has to change.”

— OL Ereck Flowers, one of the freshmen who enrolled early in January, “has really blown us away” with his conditioning.

— Redshirt sophomore Jon Feliciano, who has moved from RT to LG, is better suited to playing inside and the ‘Canes would like to keep him where he’s at. Whether that happens will depend in part on how redshirt junior Jermaine Johnson does.

Golden said Johnson, who ended last spring co-No. 1 at RT but was a scout-teamer last fall, has made progress and starts this spring No. 1 at RT ahead of Henderson.

“He just stopped worrying about the big picture, is just focusing on trying to get better today and he’s having success doing that,” Golden said of Johnson. “ I’m knocking on wood, as we all are, that he’s going to continue to do that. He’s a talented kid. We missed him last year.”

— Dallas Crawford, who was moved from CB to RB, has lost 18 or 19 pounds down to about 190, and has regained some quickness. Golden said Crawford is “as tough as nails” and has been a leader in offseason conditioning.

Crawford starts spring No.3 on the depth chart at RB behind James and Eduardo Clements. He’s also listed as the No. 2 punt returner and kick returner behind Phillip Dorsett and will be used some as a slot receiver.

“We’re trying to find some spots for him to help us in addition to running back,” Golden said.

— Morris and LBs Ramon Buchanan and Nantambu-Akil Fentress will definitely miss all of spring recovering from injuries, but DT Corey King has “a chance” to practice after spring break.

— WR coach George McDonald has been made the team’s passing coordinator. Offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch will still be calling the plays.

— WR Allen Hurns, coming off shoulder surgery, will be limited in practice, as will TE Cory White.

— One of the key position battles in spring will be at DE. While Anthony Chickillo has established himself as the starter on one side, Shayon Green starts out spring No. 1 on the other side with Ricardo Williams and Dwayne Hoilett as the backups to Chickillo and Green. Golden said Green is “strong and explosive.” He benched 225 pounds 28 times.
 5 years ago '07        #11345
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
McGee is a fu*king disgrace

He better get his sh*t together.....
 5 years ago '05        #11346
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3778 3778
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
McGee is a fu*king disgrace

He better get his sh*t together.....
he woulda been a Nole if it wasnt for his uncle......damn im glad he went to yall
 5 years ago '04        #11347
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Junior G said:
he woulda been a Nole if it wasnt for his uncle......damn im glad he went to yall
 5 years ago '05        #11348
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
I was pissed too....you can find my posts somewhere in the FSU thread ....
 5 years ago '04        #11349
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
McGee is a fu*king bum and I said that for several years now.
 5 years ago '04        #11350
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
mcgee makes ZERO plays, only time you hear his name is when he's getting burned, missing a tackle or committing a penalty.
 5 years ago '07        #11351
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Nobody went to the open practice today
 5 years ago '06        #11352
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
Mackensie Alexander

“If I decide to commit to them, they’ll take me right away and I would be the first one. They really like me a lot and they showed a lot of love. Miami moved up the board after getting to come over and look at things. I saw what I needed to and I’m definitely interested in them.

“I was with all of them, Coach Golden, the defensive backs coach (Coach Williams), the defensive coordinator (Coach D’Onofrio), and Coach Fisch. They were telling me how they practice and how they do things. They’re a little different than everybody else with that.”

He was with his brother Mackenro for the practice and spent all day hanging out with Deon Bush. Says he is #1 on our board and that coaches would take him now. He was worried about our lack on space at CB but apparently the staff told him we might take 2 but he's got a spot for sure. Made a lot of hypothetical comments about him playing here and committing here.
if Golden pulls this one off

he was the spring practices
 5 years ago '04        #11353
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
Mackensie Alexander

if Golden pulls this one off

he was the spring practices
i dont care for 2013 recruiting at this time of the year but let me yahoo this kid real quick.... is he as good as advertised??

edit:

offers from Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Texas A&M, USC

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 03-05-2012 at 08:55 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #11354
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
New Raising Canes Video Just Dropped
 5 years ago '05        #11355
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #11356
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 Junior G said:

[pic - click to view]

look good to me

[video - click to view]

but in all seriousness

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #11357
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
I see great things for Dorsett
 5 years ago '04        #11358
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Chickillo leaning on Spence for leadership advice

CORAL GABLES -- The last thing Anthony Chickillo imagined when he signed with UM 13 months ago was that he'd become the voice of experience for the Canes' defensive front seven this quickly.

But after several questionable early departures for the NFL Draft, that's exactly what the 6-4, 261-pound sophomore defensive end is.

"There's no doubt we're going to have to grow up fast," said Chickillo, who made nine starts for the Canes last season, one of six players in the defensive front seven who have starting experience (Jimmy Gaines has 8 starts; Darius Smith 7; Kelvin Cain 6; Denzel Perryman 5; Luther Robinson 2).

"We have to be accountable for each other, push each other and make sure everybody is doing what they're supposed to be doing at all times. I thought coming in I'd still be learning from older guys at this point. But everything happens for a reason. I think I can anchor this defensive line and be one of the leaders of this team."

Leadership is something that comes natural to Chickillo. He said he's been a leader at every level he's played at. Last year as a freshman he deferred to seniors like Sean Spence and JoJo Nicolas. But this year, neither of those guys are around.

And the only players on UM's defense with more starting experience than Chickillo are safety Vaughn Telemaque, who has 36 career starts, and cornerback Brandon McGee (13).

"Chick is starting to step up and become that leader a lot of guys are scared to be," said redshirt junior defensive tackle Curtis Porter. "He knows we need one."

Chickillo said he speaks to Spence frequently about the challenge he has of leading such a young front seven. Spence, he says, tells him not to worry and to lead by example.

"Sean just tells me to stay focused, don't bite off more than I can chew," Chickillo said. "He told me that as a sophomore he felt the same thing, to try and step up and be a leader. He told me his sophomore year wasn't anything great and that I need to stay focused and just work hard, have a better year than last year.

"He knows I get real hard on myself when I make mistakes. He's a guy who kept me focused when I needed it last year. Now, I have to do it myself and push other guys the way the Sean did. I have to become one of those leaders."

Last season, Chickillo finished with 38 tackles and five sacks, tied for the most on the team. He also finished third in the voting for ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year.

While he's concentrated a lot on improving his hands this off-season, Chickillo also said he's gotten "a lot stronger and more explosive at the point of attack."

He said he's gained about 20 pounds in the offseason and is now up to between 261 to 262 pounds. He wants to get up to between 270 pounds and 275 pounds by the time he's a junior. His body fat is down to 12 percent.

"When I first came in I was doing about 20 reps on 225 pounds. I'm up to 24 reps now," Chickillo said. "My power clean went up 44 pounds, my squat 40 pounds. I'm more explosive with my vertical jump, too. I'm up to 33 inches."

Said right tackle Jermaine Johnson: "Chick is a bad a.ss. He's more mobile now, quicker, sneaky. You have to stay locked in or he'll blow by you.

MORE NEWS AND NOTES FROM TUESDAY

> Porter (6-1, 312) said defensive line coach Jethro Franklin has him learning the three technique at defensive tackle this spring, something Porter considers a challenge because he's only played nose guard (one technique) most of his career.

"Having short arms is the challenge," Porter said. "I'm very strong, compact. But guys that I go against are usually taller and have longer arms. I got to find ways to beat them because there are always hands in my face and I can't get to them. It's a mission right now. I just have to find ways to beat these guys with long arms. I'm beating them off the ball with my quickness and explosiveness, but I need to engage them and beat them there also."

Porter said he's trimmed down his body fat percentage from about 28 percent to 20 percent since arriving at UM.

> Both Porter and Chickillo say redshirt freshman Junior Alexis (6-2, 280) might be the strongest defensive lineman on the team. "I've never seen a freshman throw up 32 reps on 225," Porter said. "We just have to work on him keeping his leverage because he's a shorter guy. He has a low center of gravity. We're working on that now."

> Sophomore receiver Phillip Dorsett -- one of the few healthy receivers on scholarship actually participating this spring -- said redshirt sophomore quarterback Ryan Williams has looked good in practice and is more accurate than junior Stephen Morris. But Morris still has the stronger arm and can get the ball to receivers quicker.

"Both of them can do the job," Dorsett said. "As a receiver, we just have to adjust."

> Redshirt sophomore Jonathan Feliciano, who moved from right tackle to left guard this spring (he's replaced All-ACC First Team guard Brandon Washington), had minor knee surgery in December, but has recovered quickly. He said he's lost 10 pounds (he's listed at 6-5, 322).

"Last year I couldn't bench 225 pounds over 20 times. No I'm doing it over 25 times. That helps inside with the big guys," Feliciano said. "Being lighter, I don't get tired as fast, I can run down field and make plays for receivers."

> The three players who missed practice due to suspension last week returned Tuesday, including former starting left tackle Seantrel Henderson.

"He's stronger than any point last year, is healthier, in better condition," coach Al Golden said Tuesday. "He's more flexible, is moving his feet better."

Henderson isn't being allowed to talk to reporters.

> Golden said former defensive tackle Jeremy Lewis, now the backup at left guard is "f!ghting for a starting job."

Lewis, a four-star defensive tackle out Palm Beach Lakes in 2008, is "going to be a good player there for us," Golden said. "He moves his feet well, is strong. He's 325, in that range and can move. I'm happy with him."

> Reserve tight end Billy Sanders, a redshirt junior, was out of practice with a cast on his lower right leg. Sanders is on crutches
 5 years ago '06        #11359
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
List of Head Coaches, Scouts, Coaches and GM's at miami's pro day

1 Arizona Cardinals Don Corzine
2 Arizona Cardinals Tommy Robinson
3 Atlanta Falcons Marvin Allen
4 Baltimore Ravens Joe Douglas
5 Baltimore Ravens Todd Washington
6 Buffalo Bills Darrell Moody
7 Carolina Panthers Robert Haines
8 Chicago Bears Mike Phair
9 Cincinnati Bengals Paul Guenther
10 Cincinnati Bengals Jay Gruden
11 Cincinnati Bengals Jim Anderson
12 Cincinnati Bengals J.J. Gruden
13 Cleveland Browns Mike Wilson
14 Cleveland Browns Chisom Opara
15 Dallas Cowboys Walter Juliff
16 Denver Broncos Lenny McGill
17 Detroit Lions Scott McEwan
18 Detroit Lions Dave Uyrus
19 Green Bay Packers Brian Gutekunst
20 Houston Texans Mike Martin
21 Houston Texans Mike Maccagnan
22 Indianapolis Colts Todd Vasvari
23 Indianapolis Colts Greg Manusky
24 Jacksonville Jaguars Jake Peetz
25 Jacksonville Jaguars Tim Mingey
26 Jacksonville Jaguars Gene Smith
27 Kansas City Chiefs Maurice Carthon
28 Miami Dolphins Jeff Ireland
29 Miami Dolphins Brian Gaine
30 Miami Dolphins Dan Campbell
31 Miami Dolphins Phil McGeoghan
32 Miami Dolphins Chase Leshin
33 Miami Dolphins John Lichter
34 Minnesota Vikings George Paton
35 Minnesota Vikings Ryan Ficken
36 New England Patriots Bill Belichick
37 New England Patriots Frantzy Jourdain
38 New Orleans Saints Jim Monos
39 New York Giants Chris Mara
40 New York Jets Mike Davis
41 Oakland Raiders Mickey Marvin
42 Philadelphia Eagles Brett Vedway
43 Philadelphia Eagles Mike Caldwell
44 Pittsburgh Steelers Mike Tomlin
45 Pittsburgh Steelers Kevin Colbert
46 Pittsburgh Steelers Todd Haley
47 Pittsburgh Steelers Brandon Hunt
48 Pittsburgh Steelers Phil Kreidler
49 Pittsburgh Steelers Keith Butler
50 Pittsburgh Steelers Scotty Montgomery
51 San Diego Chargers Jim Jauch
52 San Diego Chargers Jimmy Raye
53 San Francisco 49ers Matt Malaspina
54 Seattle Seahawks Derrick Jensen
55 Seattle Seahawks Scott Fitterer
56 St. Louis Rams Lawrence McCutcheon
57 St. Louis Rams Brad Holmes
58 St. Louis Rams John Mancini
59 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jared Kirksey
60 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Butch Davis
61 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Brian Hudspeth
62 Tennessee Titans Cole Proctor
63 Washington Redskins Chip Flanagan
64 Hamilton Tiger Cats (CFL) Dan McManus
65 Hamilton Tiger Cats (CFL) Jerry McManus
66 Edmonton Eskimos (CFL)

Crickets at FSU's
 5 years ago '05        #11360
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
you do know we had more than that right? and lol @ CFL coaches comin
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
73 comments
1 day ago