Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #11321
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,585 | Props total: 11969 11969
Sports Illustrated article on Duke Johnson

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -- Every recruiting class needs a true believer, a prospect so sold on the program to which he has committed that he turns into the best advertisement a coaching staff has to offer. Even in the bleakest of times, the true believer can deliver a coach's message in a manner his fellow recruits understand. And because he believes so fervently, others follow.

Earlier this month, Miami's true believer stood on a high school field watching the next generation of recruits try out for his old seven-on-seven team. Randy "Duke" Johnson wasn't difficult to spot. The Miami Norland High tailback wore a custom Miami hat emblazoned with DUKE above the iconic U logo. It's one of three hats Johnson has made at a local store. In fact, it's rare to see Johnson without the U somewhere on his person. Even though he has signed his National Letter of Intent, the pied piper of the 2012 class hasn't stopped advertising.

After convicted Ponzi schemer and former Hurricanes booster Nevin Shapiro tried to drop an atomic bomb on Miami's football program in an exhaustive Yahoo! report last August, the Hurricanes needed a spark. First-year coach Al Golden, who never had dealings with Shapiro, already knew he would need to sign an excellent class that could contribute immediately because of his senior-heavy roster. But with every talking head predicting NCAA doom for the Hurricanes, Golden needed help. He and his coaches could sell the program all they wanted, but only a trusted, familiar voice could reach recruits. They found that voice in Johnson, who committed to former Miami coach Randy Shannon in September 2010 and never wavered. The major recruiting services loved Miami's 2012 class, ranking the Hurricanes in the top 10 in the nation. Golden and his staff deserve most of the credit for recruiting despite a brutal predicament, but some credit belongs to the local high school star who made it his mission to bring the Hurricanes back to national title contention.

"[Miami a.ssistant] George McDonald was my recruiting coordinator," Johnson said. "And I was his."

Johnson's salesmanship helped Miami woo Miami Columbus High safety Deon Bush away from Alabama and Auburn. Johnson also never stopped plugging Miami as Miramar (Fla.) High cornerback Tracy Howard considered Florida, Florida State, USC and others. "They weren't way out of the picture," Howard said of Miami. "But they were out of the picture." Howard, considered a long shot to sign with the Hurricanes as late as January, decided during an official visit to Miami the weekend before National Signing Day that he would play his college ball at home. "I can take credit for putting a bug in their ears," said Johnson, who rushed for 2,087 yards and led Norland to a Class 5A state title as a senior.

Miami may have NCAA issues, and it may lack the fan base and facilities of most schools at its level, but the one advantage it has is an annual bumper crop of homegrown players. In 2012, Miami didn't get all the most sought-after players from Dade and Broward counties, but it got most of them.

"We did a good job holding serve down here in Broward and Dade," Golden said. "We're going to continue to do that. We're going to be tough to beat down here, and we should be. ... It's time we start thinking about acting like Miami Hurricanes and stop having an inferiority complex."

Golden, who rebuilt Temple from nothing into a respectable operation, has faced difficult recruiting situations before. When the Shapiro allegations hit, Golden knew his job immediately became that much tougher. Coaches from other schools painted nightmare scenarios for Miami recruits. "I'm not going to sit here and tell you that we didn't get absolutely crushed by our opponents in this," Golden said. "But we fought back."

They fought back by explaining the situation as clearly as possible. Miami coaches are hopeful that the NCAA will remain faithful to its new goal of punishing actual perpetrators rather than future generations. (It probably also didn't hurt that USC, laboring under serious sanctions, has managed to succeed in spite of the penalties and provided a blueprint for other programs in similar situations.) Miami recruits also understood that no matter what happened with Shapiro, Golden had nothing to do with it.

"I'm not going to hold them back for that," said Miramar High receiver Malcolm Lewis, another Miami signee. "They weren't really there. It wasn't really their fault. I just see a group of coaches trying to turn the program around. I want to be a part of that history."

These Miami recruits were at their most impressionable when the 2001 Hurricanes ruled the college football universe. They idolized Andre Johnson, Willis McGahee, Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. They hope they can take a program that has gone 41-35 since 2006 back to those lofty heights.

Of course, everyone thought Shannon's 2008 haul -- loaded with the best players South Florida had to offer -- would do just that. It did not. The class, which featured quarterback Jacory Harris, linebacker Sean Spence and defensive tackle Marcus Forston, produced some good players but some mediocre teams. These young Hurricanes, many of whom will have to play immediately because of the loss of a large senior class and several early defections to the NFL, will have to do more.

The players believe Golden can cultivate their talent and turn Miami back into a winning program. "He's got a plan," Howard said. "You've got to have a plan before you succeed in life -- before you succeed in anything. And he's got a great plan."

That plan starts with finding great players close to home. Golden has said he prefers to recruit players he has seen in camp. That way, his coaches can trust what they see in the flesh rather than a player they have seen on film. "We've never been catalog shoppers," Golden said. Fortunately, Miami doesn't have to work too hard to get quality athletes into camp. Hundreds of future FBS-level players live within a few hours' drive of Coral Gables.

Several of those players in the classes of 2013 and 2014 already know about Miami thanks to the unpaid recruiting coordinator in the custom Hurricanes hat. Johnson has spread Golden's gospel at his school, at sporting events and throughout South Florida that Miami won't be held down by the Shapiro allegations or by a few years of mediocrity. Golden couldn't have constructed a more perfect ambassador.

"He understands," Golden said, "what it means to be a Miami Hurricane."
 5 years ago '06        #11322
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
jayron kearse swagged out with the Golden Goon

[pic - click to view]

man aint nobody fu*king with our gear and colors :rasta:
 5 years ago '05        #11323
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,657 | Props total: 3755 3755
lmao yall wack a.ss letter U and retarded Green n Orange lmao...

it dont get no realer then this.....its a reason they named us best helmet in college football

[pic - click to view]

02-14-2012, 04:45 PM         #11324
db305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Junior G said:

it dont get no realer then this.....its a reason they named us best helmet in college football

[pic - click to view]

you can have your best helmet award for all of your paper championships.

5 > 2
real talk
 5 years ago '04        #11325
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 Junior G said:

[pic - click to view]

get that ugly a.ss sh*tty looking uniform outta here

garnet and gold? the fu*k is this? a disney movie??

pus*y looking a.ss colors
 5 years ago '05        #11326
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
yall can hate but deep down yall know our helmets n jersey's dat deal
 5 years ago '09        #11327
reborG80 
space
space
$2,849 | Props total: 1 1
i fu*ks wit both unis on the real
 5 years ago '06        #11328
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

Miami will host some of South Florida's top 2013 prospects during the Miami-North Carolina basketball game. Tip-off is at 8:00 PM and the game will be televised on ESPN.
UM's first junior day held on January 15th was a big success with the Hurricanes landing commitments from

ATH Jayron Kearse, RB Alex Collins, and DT Keith Bryant that day. Miami has four total commitments for 2013 with WR Kermit Whitfield rounding out the class.
The following is a list of expected juniors at tonights basketball game.
Note: The names on this list are subject to change
Names To Know

MATTHEW THOMAS
Position: Linebacker
School: Booker T. Washington
Size: 6-3, 200
Early Recruitment: Thomas has early offers from Miami, Florida State, Alabama, Louisville, UCLA, UCF, and West Virginia.
Where Miami Stands: Thomas is the top player in Dade County for the 2013 class and Miami has made him one of their top priorities. Thomas attended Miami's first junior day last month and following that visit he named UM as his leader. Miami is the early front-runner in Thomas' recruitment, but things could get interested if schools like Alabama and LSU start to show heavy interest. With all the unofficial visits he is making to UM, Thomas is making it clear to the coaching staff he has a high interest level in Miami and he appreciates the early interest they have shown him.

ARTIE BURNS
Position: Defensive back
School: Miami Northwestern
Size: 6-1, 175
Early Recruitment: Committed to Alabama. Miami, Florida State, and Ohio State are in heavy pursuit.
Where Miami Stands: Burns committed to Alabama during his junior season, but that hasn't stopped the Miami coaching staff from pursuing him. Burns, who also attended Miami's first junior day in January, knows Miami has a big need for safeties in the 2013 class and the UM staff is selling the chance to play close to home. Burns maintains he is fully committed to Alabama, but the UM coaching staff chips away at that commitment each time he visits Miami. Burns is also a track star as one of the top hurdlers in the country for his age group.

MIKE HEUERMAN
Position: Tight end
School: Barron Collier
Size: 6-4, 225
Early Recruitment: Offers from Miami, FSU, Notre Dame, LSU, Purdue, USF, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt. His brother, Jeff Heuerman, is a tight end at Ohio State.
Where Miami Stands: The Miami coaching staff has made it clear to Heuerman he is a top target by making him the only tight end in Florida with an offer. Heuerman attended Miami's first junior day in January and will be making the trip from Naples again tonight for UM's second junior day. Heuerman hopes to make a decision during the month of May and the UM coaching staff has put a full-court press on him ever since extending an offer during the first junior day. UM tight ends coach Brennan Carroll has made it clear to Heuerman that the depth chart will be very favorable to any freshmen tight ends in the 2013 class and Heuerman seems to respond to that pitch. Miami is in good standing at this point, but a school to watch is Ohio State with his brother, Jeff, currently on the team.
Other Notables

WR Jordan Cunningham (Miami offer)
WR Jesus Wilson
OL Denver Kirkland (Miami offer)
DT Keith Bryant (Miami commit)
DT Maquedious Bain (FSU commit)
LB George Williams (Miami offer)
LB Michael Deeb
LB Jermaine Grace (Miami offer)
LB Anthony Walker
CB Mackensie Alexander (Tennessee commit)
DB Jamal Carter (Miami offer)
DB Nate Taylor (Miami offer)
ATH Jayron Kearse (Miami commit)

Last edited by DEDOS; 02-15-2012 at 01:07 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #11329
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
Deeb & Thomas Are Must Haves
 5 years ago '06        #11330
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

Northwestern junior safety Nate Taylor believed he had an offer from the University of Miami.

And who could blame him?

On Monday, Taylor received a text from Northwestern defensive coordinator Luther Campbell stating that that, “Nate Taylor has a full scholarship from UM,” which was sent in a text by Hurlie Brown, UM’s senior football operations coordinator.

It was Taylor’s first offer and he told InsideTheU that night: “I am very excited. It means a lot to me that my hometown team was the first one to think I would be a good fit for their school.”

So Taylor, with a believed offer in hand, attend UM’s Junior Day on Wednesday. That night, Taylor felt UM head coach Al Golden and a.ssistant coach Micheal Barrow wanted him to come to their school.

“They were talking and asking me what I thought about the campus, what I think about the school, and then asked what was my interest,” Taylor said. “I told him that my interest was, ‘yes I would come’.”

He didn’t commit that night, which Taylor felt like they wanted him to do. Instead, he waited until Friday to announce his commitment.

On Friday night, Taylor informed InsideTheU that he was committing to the University of Miami. He also informed Barrow of his decision.

After informing UM of his intentions, Taylor felt he was a committed prospect. After all, he thought he had an offer (and who could blame him based on Brown’s message) and he felt UM wanted him to attend their school based on Wednesday’s experience.

Even Campbell, who not only serves as Taylor’s defensive coordinator, but has also been his coach since he was nine years old, thought Taylor was committed to Miami as he tweeted out confirmation of the news on Friday.

“He did commit last night to Mike,” Campbell told InsideTheU on Saturday. “I talked to Nate and that’s what he told me. I talked to the coaches at Miami before junior day and asked them—they told me he had an offer. I told them when he gets there for junior day to tell him face to face.”

As Barrow soaked in the news from Taylor on Friday, he discussed the situation with Taylor and Campbell on Saturday, which had a change of tone from the week’s prior events.

“I didn’t get the offer,” Taylor told InsideTheU on Saturday. “It was a mistake by one of their coaches. They are evaluating me and my film, and they said they were offering me and then told coach (Campbell) that they offered me, but they didn’t really offer me because they had not evaluating my whole game film yet. It was just a misunderstanding. I will be okay. Things happen.”

It was disappointing news for Taylor, who grew up around the UM program as he developed close relationships with former Hurricanes Jon Beason, Tavares Gooden, and Devin Hester, all of whom expressed congratulations to Taylor throughout the week after learning of his offer.

“Yes I was disappointed, but I can’t let it get me down because that’s not the only college,” Taylor said. “There’s a lot of colleges out there.

With the situation with Miami, Taylor has been affected by his hometown school.

“It would affect anyone,” Taylor said. “If you was told you had an offer and it got pulled or you find out that it wasn’t, it would affect you in a way. You can’t let it get you down. You still have to keep working.”

The past 24 hours of events from feeling a high of being a verbal commit to a university he’s spent a lot of time close with to where he’s at now has been quite the roller coaster ride.

“It’s okay. It didn’t get me down. It hurt my feelings a little bit, but I just have to adapt to the situation and not let it affect your pride. You have to keep moving forward.”

With Miami slighting Taylor, an under-the-radar prospect, he feels he has something to prove.

“I always have a chip on my shoulder,” Taylor said. “I have to prove myself each and every day.”

Taylor has been a three-year starter in high school at three different schools—Miami High, Jackson, and Northwestern. He’s got a close relationship with fellow junior defensive back Artie Burns, an Alabama commit, who has a UM offer.

Alabama, Florida State, Clemson, Connecticut, Nebraska, Louisville, and West Virginia were among the schools that have expressed interest in Taylor.
 5 years ago '07        #11331
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Damn thats messed up. He'll get a offer tho hopefully his thougths dont change
 5 years ago '05        #11332
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
lmao damn how yall gonna play him like that.......yall boy burnin bridges over there at MNW
 5 years ago '09        #11333
reborG80 
space
space
$2,849 | Props total: 1 1
i noticed that when cooper went to bama and im sure a 2013 northwestern bull is goin to bama to
 5 years ago '04        #11334
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
DT Robinson considering transferring by: Steve Gorten February 22nd, 2012 |11:37 AM

CORAL GABLES – Defensive tackle Luther Robinson is considering transferring from Miami.

With the start of spring football practice just a week and a half away, the redshirt junior is weighing options regarding his future, Robinson’s father, Luther Sr., said Tuesday night.

Robinson, a 6-foot-3, 295-pounder who missed all of this past season due to a knee injury, is not happy that Hurricanes coaches want to move him to offensive guard and they’re not happy that he has made up his mind he will stay at defensive tackle, where his heart’s at.

Robinson, who’s still trying to get back into the shape he was when he played in 11 games as a redshirt freshman and started two, knows he needs to work harder and is intent on doing so, Luther Sr. said. He just wants an opportunity to challenge for playing time at defensive tackle.

‘Canes coaches believe Robinson has already had his opportunity there, and is now better suited to help the team at guard. Curtis Porter and Darius Smith are projected starters entering spring practice, with Jalen Grimble, Olsen Pierre and Corey King in the mix, as well as other tackles arriving this fall.

Coach Al Golden said earlier this month that the ‘Canes are in better shape at DT as far as depth than last season. At this point, it appears Robinson is at the bottom of the mix.

Robinson and Golden met Tuesday with no resolution, and it’s unclear whether coaches are going to let Robinson compete at defensive tackle when spring ball starts. Luther Sr. said his son would like to stay at Miami and hasn’t asked for a release from his scholarship, but wants a fair shot at defensive tackle.

Should Robinson decide to transfer, his hope would be that the NCAA grants him a waiver to play next season after redshirting as a freshman and then missing last season because of injury. Otherwise, he would have just one season of eligibility at a FBS school after sitting out 2012.
 5 years ago '07        #11335
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Goodbye
 5 years ago '07        #11336
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Schedule released

3 of first 4 are away games
 5 years ago '05        #11337
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290

[pic - click to view]

02-27-2012, 09:28 PM         #11338
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deeangoe said:

[pic - click to view]

Damn those a re 3 good home games in a row.

I hope I'm back in south florida in the fall this season for that
 5 years ago '04        #11339
SickBlitz 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,344 | Props total: 35 35
Glenn Sharpe

DECATUR, Ga. -- Former University of Miami football player Glenn Sharpe was arrested Thursday in Georgia and charged with murder, according to DeKalb County police.

A former NFL cornerback, Sharpe was accused of shooting and k!lling Christopher Galloway, 25, on Monday, according to reports.

Sharpe, 27, was arrested at his Lawrenceville, Ga., home. Dekalb County Sheriff's Office detained him after a warrant was issued.

He is being held at the DeKalb County Jail with no bond, according to jail records.

Both Sharpe and Galloway were inside the Landmark at Mountain View Apartments when the shooting occurred.

"Detectives believe an altercation inside the apartment prompted the shooting," said Mekka Parish, spokeswoman for DeKalb County police.

Galloway died from his injuries Tuesday at Grady Memorial Hospital.
Shenika Wilson, Galloway's girlfriend, was in the apartment at the time of the shooting. She heard four to five gunshots, according to reports.

Wilson declined comment.

According to reports, Sharpe knocked on her apartment door wearing a "black hat, black jacket, tan shirt and black shoes."

Wilson opened the door and Sharpe "struck her in the face and pushed her." Wilson let Galloway know Sharpe was at the door and Galloway came from the back of the apartment and began to "f!ght," according to reports.

Sharpe and Wilson exchanged words when Sharpe "took out a black handgun from his side and began shooting into the apartment."

Witnesses at the apartment complex said they saw Sharpe run down the stairs and get into his Florida-tagged black Mercury.

"We do not know the relationship between the two men and the woman," said Adrion Bell, spokesman for the Dekalb County Sheriff's Office. "We arrived at his residence, and he came along peacefully."

Reports said the incident was not drug related. In 2010, Sharpe was charged with drug possession in Georgia.

Sharpe jump-started his football career at Carol City High School in 2001. The following year he received a football scholarship and became a cornerback for the University of Miami.
His most infamous play was being called out for a pass-interference in the national championship game in 2003 against Ohio State at the Fiesta Bowl.
That pass prevented the Hurricanes from completing back-to-back national championships and undefeated seasons.

Other than that, Sharpe endured an injury-plagued career at Miami with hamstring problems.

In 2008, Sharpe was signed as an undrafted free agent with the Atlanta Falcons.
Two years later, Sharpe signed with the New Orleans Saints and the Indianapolis Colts. He won a Super Bowl ring when the Saints defeated the Colts in Super Bowl XLIV; he was a practice squad member. He currently is not playing.

Read more here:
 5 years ago '06        #11340
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
Free Glen Sharpe
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
87 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
26 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
370 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
160 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy talks about the difference between Diddy and 50 Cent (Drink Cha..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy