most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #11121
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
 canesin2099 said:
Pulled in a Larry Coker. Glad Mario turned them down.
pretty much.
 5 years ago '06        #11122
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
Today's question: What program has surprised you most - in a good way - for where it currently sits in the team standings less than 48 hours from NSD?
Mike Farrell: UCLA is the big surprise for me. Coach Jim Mora has done a great job and has his team knocking on the door of a top 10 class. Landing Ellis McCarthy and Devin Fuller, two guys no one expected to choose the Bruins, has been impressive and the class looks strong from top to bottom.

Ellis McCarthy made a late flip from Cal to UCLA.
Adam Gorney: Let's take a look at UCLA and the job they Bruins have done in the past few weeks. They flipped five-star defensive tackle Ellis McCarthy from California right after the Army Bowl and then on Sunday landed four-star athlete Devin Fuller, who will provide a dual-threat quarterback option. UCLA had become a little stale under coach Rick Neuheisel in his final year or so, but Mora and especially his a.ssistant coaches have breathed new life into the program. A lot of top California players are strongly considering the Bruins and it should only get better moving forward. As of Monday morning, UCLA topped the Pac-12 recruiting rankings. That could change by National Signing Day but it's impressive how well the Bruins are doing.

Josh Helmholdt: Certainly what Urban Meyer has done at Ohio State in two months is nothing short of amazing. This class looked dead in the water in October - not nearly as talented as we expect from Ohio State and in jeopardy of losing more commitments to rival teams. Since he was announced as head coach on Nov. 28, Meyer has landed nine Rivals250 prospects and retained another that looked to be long gone. The Buckeyes currently sit at No. 3 in the national team rankings and may not be done yet.

Chris Nee: Al Golden and Miami have done an excellent job when you take everything into account. The Hurricanes had a mediocre 2011 season, opted out of a bowl game, and face some uncertainty with their future due to an ongoing NCAA investigation. But Miami has been able to a.ssemble a top 10 class that includes 10 prospects ranked four stars or better. Miami has a lot of attractive qualities such as location, tradition and NFL products, but Golden and his staff deserve a lot of credit for the constant effort on the recruiting trail and the ability to overcome some obstacles.

Keith Niebuhr: To me, it's Miami. With all the negative things that came out last year about the program, the Hurricanes look as if they're headed for a top-10 finish, and might even land a spot in the top five. Al Golden and his staff deserve a ton of credit for putting together such a solid group - and you get the feeling Miami isn't finished. A few big-namers still have the Hurricanes in the mix.

Brian Perroni: Texas A&M has done a very good job to be in the Top 10 considering the Aggies had a disappointing season on the field. Even with a coaching change, they managed to keep nearly the entire class together as well as add Rivals100 cornerback DeVante Harris. If they can add Thomas Johnson on signing day it will go down as one of the best classes in school history.
Golden Goon
 5 years ago '06        #11123
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
The info was posted on another "private" board already earlier today by a person who is supposedly very good friends with one of the Gator a.ssistant coaches. I have no doubt that the "let's keep it here" rule was not followed, as it seems that within an hiour of the posting the internet started buzzing about it. Supposedly Howard texted Travaris Robinson on the Florida staff yesterday and told him he was going to Miami.
take it FWIW

Just heard that Florida pushed hard on Tracy Howard today and spoke to him mid-day today. Florida is trying to sell Howard's relationship with DB coach Travaris Robinson, which is very good, as the reason he should pull the trigger for Florida on Signing Day. Howard ended the conversation by telling the UF coaches he is still sticking with Miami. I expect Florida to continue to try to push on Howard.
David Lake posted this minutes ago^^^

take it for what its worth
 01-30-2012, 09:25 PM         #11124
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If we get Howard, Duke gets a virtual chest bump from me. Willingness to give up his number was a cool move.
 5 years ago '07        #11125
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
Golden Goon Put In Work

That PT is very enticing

Come on wednesday
 01-30-2012, 11:30 PM         #11126
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Excuse the ignorance, but I thought it was a "dead period". No more talking to recruits..?
 5 years ago '06        #11127
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 The Lefty said:
Excuse the ignorance, but I thought it was a "dead period". No more talking to recruits..?
Jeremy Crabtree ESPN @jeremycrabtree

The only permissible communications during dead period are calls. And no, coaches can't drive by the recruit's house over and over and wave.
i wouldnt believe anything on the net now a days. so i take it with a gain of salt. the kid has been UF for a year so thats where ill put my money on
 5 years ago '06        #11128
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
Tampa (FL) Jefferson High School DE and Hurricane commitment Tyriq McCord says he enjoyed his official visit to USC this past weekend but is sticking with the Canes.

And he says while in California he was busy texting uncommitted recruits to come to UM with him.

Here's McCord's predictions on those prospects and what he expects to happen tomorrow:

* Tracy Howard: "Of course he's going to be at the U. Yes he will."

* Avery Young - "Yes, of course he'll be a Hurricane."

* Davante Bourque: "I gotta say no."

* Jawand Blue - "I doubt it."

* Darius Hamilton - "If Rutgers is out of the picture I say yeah. I have a feeling he might come."

* Dequan Ivery - "Probably no."

* Josh Harvey-Clemons: "That's my boy. I think it'll be us or Georgia. I don't think he'll go to Florida or Florida State. When I texted him he said it was a great visit (to Miami). I (texted) Raphael Kirby, said you got to get him to join the family. It'll come down to Georgia or us. He said he's thinking about Georgia - I'm trying to get him to come. It's 50/50, so I can't say a yes or no."

For his part, McCord says he's excited about signing with UM tomorrow. But there were some moments during his USC visit that he says he was swayed just a little bit.

"It was a very good visit," McCord said. "That school, USC and Miami are very similar coaching-wise and academic-wise. I thought about it real hard while I was there and I thought about it a lot coming off the plane and on the plane. But after making a commitment I feel that as a man I have to stick with that word, what I said I was going to do.

"USC is a great school, but is very far. That did have a factor in it. The coaches there are great, so it was a tough decision. But Miami is where my heart is, who I want to play for. I love Miami more than USC."
 01-31-2012, 09:24 AM         #11129
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hope McCord knows what the heck he is talking about. Some good surprises on NSD would be sweet, but I'll believe when the papers are in.
 5 years ago '05        #11130
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,616 | Props total: 243 243
@ McCord. We sure could of used him at UF, but he had some grade issues.
 5 years ago '06        #11131
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Lil Jay 05 said:
@ McCord
McCord is a beast fu*kboy

but ya i doubt the sh*t hes saying about his prediction comes true. especially the young part
 5 years ago '05        #11132
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
McCord is a beast fu*kboy
I never doubted his ability at all. I was just laughing at those predictions.
 5 years ago '06        #11133
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
1/31 espn

UPDATE: Darius Hamilton (Ramsey NJ/Don Bosco) will make his official announcement at 8 p.m., and things have changed slightly for the four-star defensive end.

"He will choose between Miami and Rutgers," Mike Vorkunov of the Newark Star-Ledger reported.

Florida was still believed to be a heavy player for Hamilton, but after a visit to Miami this weekend the Hurricanes leapfrogged the Gators.

Which is Hamilton leaning? Rutgers had the lead, and that still may be the case, but now it's a much closer race.

"Before Schiano left to become the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Hamilton was leaning towards towards selecting Rutgers, his coach, Greg Toal, said last week," Vorkunov wrote. "But once Schiano exited to the NFL, uncertainty set in."

kid dosent want to leave home. so i dont think it matteers who the coach is

Last edited by DEDOS; 01-31-2012 at 10:09 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #11134
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
 canesin2099 said:
If we get Howard, Duke gets a virtual chest bump from me. Willingness to give up his number was a cool move.
Can't offensive and defensive players share the same number?
 5 years ago '05        #11135
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Looks like Howard is going to be a Cane from what I been hearing. Best of luck to him if is true. Seems like a good kid. We still got Poole and some other young corners as well.
 5 years ago '06        #11136
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 booie4 said:
Can't offensive and defensive players share the same number?
not at the U. we dont play that cornball sh*t.
 5 years ago '06        #11137
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Lil Jay 05 said:
Looks like Howard is going to be a Cane from what I been hearing. Best of luck to him if is true. Seems like a good kid. We still got Poole and some other young corners as well.
i still dont believe it. crazy how things can chance in the matter of a weekend.
 5 years ago '04        #11138
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
I wanna be excited about howard but I'd rather chill until he send that fax. For some reason I think he ends up at uf.
 01-31-2012, 10:54 AM         #11139
db305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lil Jay 05 said:
@ McCord. We sure could of used him at UF, but he had some grade issues.
grade issues. at UF. you've got to be out of your mind.
 5 years ago '04        #11140
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 P. Dedos said:
i still dont believe it. crazy how things can chance in the matter of a weekend.
Its crazy when you have a ruthless recruiter, not some corn ball getting his feelings hurt when a kid commits to another school 6 months before nsd...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
73 comments
1 day ago