70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
155 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #11101
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
inb4juniorsaysgoodjobonstacking2starplayers
 01-30-2012, 10:56 AM         #11102
db305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just some notable 3 stars of the past few years:

Justin Blackmon- OK St.
Morris Claiborne- LSU
Kenjon Barner- Oregon
Tramain Thomas- Arkansas
Kellen Moore- Boise St.
Doug Martin (2-star)- Boise St.
David DeCastro- Stanford
Jonathan Martin- Stanford
Jerel Worthy- Michigan State
Kirk Cousins- Michigan State
Russell Wilson (2-star)- NC St./Wisconsin
Kendall Wright- Baylor
Tank Carder (2-star)- TCU
Case Keenum (2-star)- Houston
Collin Klein- Kansas St.
Isaiah Pead- Cincinnati

Muhammad Wilkerson (2-star)- Temple (under Golden's coaching staff. first rounder)

Last edited by db305; 01-30-2012 at 11:14 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #11103
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,705 | Props total: 3816 3816
yep all your 25 three and two stars gonna be supastars, can't wait
 01-30-2012, 11:36 AM         #11104
db305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Junior G said:
yep all your 25 three and two stars gonna be supastars, can't wait
or if you want to look at it from your standpoint.

ponder
dekoda watson
mister alexander
datko
rhodes

and the best offensive lineman in fsu history.
 5 years ago '05        #11105
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
lmao I hated Ponder and he's gettin exposed in the NFL like I knew he would, Watson was just ok. Alexander could hit but thats it. Datko was ok, Rhodes is the closest thing to being great on that list. and no Rodney Hudson was not the best OLineman in FSU history, that would be Alex Barron or Tra Thomas and that's just IMO...there are others you could argue

i could make a list of our 4 and 5 stars vs our 3 stars n it would be a pretty unfair game, same goes for yall.
 01-30-2012, 12:34 PM         #11106
db305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Junior G said:
lmao I hated Ponder and he's gettin exposed in the NFL like I knew he would, Watson was just ok. Alexander could hit but thats it. Datko was ok, Rhodes is the closest thing to being great on that list. and no Rodney Hudson was not the best OLineman in FSU history, that would be Alex Barron or Tra Thomas and that's just IMO...there are others you could argue

i could make a list of our 4 and 5 stars vs our 3 stars n it would be a pretty unfair game, same goes for yall.
i'm just saying not to say that 3 star players should be counted out. the star system does evaluate players well, but there are other factors that play in when transitioning to college. same with college to the nfl. mental toughness and maturity aren't measurable (think ryan leaf). 2 of your 3-stars are .1 away on the rivals scale from being 4-stars, and we have a bunch in the same situation. if they were an inch or two taller, a couple pounds heavier, or ran a couple hundredths faster in the 40, they'd have that extra star. same goes with 4-stars that are .1 away from being 3-stars. 4 of your 4-stars and 5 of ours are .1 away from being 3-star recruits.
 5 years ago '05        #11107
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
teams get lucky with a 2 or 3 star recruit NOT 23 OF THEM......most of your little recruits will stay the bums that God intended them to be, they weren't built in Eddie Goldman or Mario Edwards or Jameis Winston's mold.
 5 years ago '06        #11108
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,724 | Props total: 12271 12271
The Miami Hurricanes had arguably the best collection of talent on campus this past weekend, the last official visit opportunity for prospects before Signing Day. One of the top players on campus might be re-thinking things after his visit according to his coaches.

"Darius is still going to announce on Tuesday as far as I know and it's Rutgers, Miami and Florida," said Ramsey (N.J.) Don Bosco head coach Greg Toal of his five-star defensive end Darius Hamilton. "Rutgers has a chance here and I think Miami is the biggest threat, but I hope to speak more to him later today. Rutgers needs to hire a coach if they want to have a chance I think."

Bosco offensive coordinator Anthony Campanile talked to Darius following his Miami visit.

"He had a really good time down there," he said. "He liked the coaches and he said he likes the way he'd fit into the defense. Al Golden did a good job. I think he's still going to announce Tuesday night and he's waiting to see if Rutgers hires a coach before then. They need to do it soon and he wants to know if certain coaches like Phil Galiano and Jeff Hafley are still on the staff. That's a big thing for him I think."

Has Miami swooped in to be the biggest threat to Rutgers over Florida?

"I don't really know, they could be," said Campanile. "We talked about Miami a lot at our banquet last night but that's just because he was coming off that trip. I know he likes Florida a lot as well and we haven't talked as much about them but we will. Rutgers is still in this for sure, but he's concerned about the coaching situation as anyone would be."

Hamilton is still expected to announce his decision at 8PM EST on Tuesday on the MSG cable network.

01-30-2012, 03:22 PM         #11109
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just for junior.

DURING THE PAST YEAR, colleges have spent millions of dollars and thousands of hours scouting high school football players, breaking them down on film, ranking them on secret lists, feting them with parties and hostesses and luring them with scholarship offers. On Feb. 1, national signing day, we'll get to see which programs did the best job in their recruiting. What could be more fun? If your favorite school lands the best athletes in the country, it will lead to years of bowl victories and contending for national championships, right?

Not so fast, my friends. New research shows that the connection between landing top preps and winning games is shockingly weak -- so much so that fans should rethink how they judge a coach's recruiting efforts.

Four major services rate football recruits on a scale of one to five stars: ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 24/7 Sports. Sometimes these rankings differ, but there's usually at least a rough consensus among the services about most players. This year, for example, they all agree that safety Landon Collins, receivers Stefon Diggs and Dorial Green-Beckham, defensive tackle Eddie Goldman and quarterback Gunner Kiel are among the game's best prospects.

But getting any of them to sign a letter of intent doesn't guarantee much. Winthrop Intelligence, a college sports research outfit, recently analyzed every recruiting class from 2006 to 2010, tracking how more than 11,000 prep stars affected their college programs' success. Winthrop found no correlation between the number of recruits with three or more stars on an FBS team and its subsequent winning percentages. "We checked more than 100 performance statistics, including points, yards and touchdowns," the company writes in a report. "We found no significant relationship between higher-ranked recruiting classes and better performance statistics."

Why? Kevin Barefoot, Winthrop's director of marketing, offers one obvious explanation: "Talent evaluation is subjective," he says. I'll offer another reason: There's no sure path from prowess to greatness for teenage athletes. Lots of players stop developing physically in college, while others get injured or lose motivation or transfer to other schools. Last year, The Mag looked at players who had been the No. 1 high school recruit in the country in the past 25 years. The list included a few players who proceeded to dominate in college, such as Vince Young and Ted Ginn Jr., but it also included a couple of flameouts like Xavier Crawford, Marquette Smith, Randy Fasani and Kyle Wright.

So if the quality of recruits doesn't determine a program's success, what does? Well, D. Shane Miller, a doctoral student at the University of Arizona, recently compared winning percentages for major-conference teams with the average ranking of their recruiting classes since 2008. Like Winthrop, Miller found a weak overall correlation, but he also discovered that certain programs do seem to over- or underachieve given what they have to work with. Kansas State, for example, exceeded expectations more than any other school, while Ole Miss underperformed most drastically. Miller thinks that's largely because of coaching. As he puts it: "No one should ever hire Houston Nutt."

Bottom line: Some coaches are better than others at identifying talented players suited for their systems and molding their skills, whatever the star system says. In the past four years, for example, Texas' recruits rated higher than Boise State's, Florida State's higher than Oklahoma State's. But the Broncos and Cowboys have combined for an .867 winning percentage versus .685 for the Longhorns and Seminoles. And the impact of coaching extends beyond the confines of Saturday's playing fields. From 2006 to 2010, Frank Beamer of Virginia Tech and Brian Kelly of Cincinnati and Notre Dame each coached 15 players who received two stars or fewer as recruits; the NFL later drafted all of them.

It's fun to see where the best prep players in the country decide to go to college. But schools recruit like crazy because they like to collect baubles and because their rivals recruit like crazy, not because there's any demonstrable benefit to doing so. The emerging research says we'd do better to evaluate programs by how they develop talent, not how they find it.

It turns out coaching is really about coaching, not recruiting.
 5 years ago '04        #11110
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1402 1402
We could possibly end with Howard, Young and Hamilton.
 01-30-2012, 03:35 PM         #11111
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
We could possibly end with Howard, Young and Hamilton.
We get any of those 3 I'll be pretty happy, we get two I will be ecstatic, we get all 3 and I will name my 2nd child Al, male or female.
 5 years ago '05        #11112
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,616 | Props total: 243 243
Don't worry about Tracy coming to Miami, I would hate to see yall lose some sleep over him.
 5 years ago '06        #11113
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
Warchant

I received further solid confirmation that Miami is a very real possibility based on the info I've picked up tonight. I don't see this now as just being a smoke screen. Nothing is definite with who Tracy may pick but the thoughts of him picking Miami is very possible now from what I have heard late tonight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take this as a FWIW more than anything at this time but I was told tonight that Florida side feels Howard is going to pick Miami or is getting that vibe. Pretty stunning if this turns out to be true with how Miami wasn't even close to being in the picture three weeks ago. Again, I would take it as a FYI more than anything. I will continue to check on this, but I wanted to pass this along because I have had more than one credible person tell me this tonight.
everybody wants to be a recruiting guru now a days huh got this from another site

hes going to be a turd IMO. hes been going the gator chomp at games and walkin and talking like a turd
 01-30-2012, 03:56 PM         #11114
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I ain't gonna lie, the video with him and Lewis talking made me question how sold on UiF he was. The little smirks on Lewis's face when TH was talking about the Canes gave me a little optimism about him coming to the U. Though in that same interview he lights up when talking about Florida. Get the feeling that he is looking close at Miami more out of respect for his teammates and family then anything else. Of course, sometimes that is enough to sway a kid, but don't think it happens.
 5 years ago '08        #11115
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
$21,342 | Props total: 94 94
it would be nuts to get howard n bush in same class to improve our secondary
 5 years ago '06        #11116
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
Senat, who received an offer from Miami during the junior day held on January 15, says the heavy interest he is getting from the UM coaching staff has him contemplating a commitment to the Hurricanes.

"Coach Fisch was just telling me how much they like my film and how he wants me to be a part of the U. He told me coach Golden wants me to be a part of the family, so I am really feeling the love from them."

Miami is the school showing Senat the most interest at this point and he has the Hurricanes as his number one school.

"I have Miami as my leader right now," Senat said. "To be honest I am thinking about committing to them soon because they are showing me a lot of love. I might just do it soon, but I am not sure. It is a school I want to be a part of because it is full of players who want it bad, just like me."

Miami plans to host some juniors at future basketball games and Fisch told Senat he hopes to see him at those games.

"Coach Fisch was inviting me to some basketball games," Senat said. "I plan on going to some of them. I want to get to know the coaching staff as good as I can to have that bond.

Senat currently claims offers from Miami, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Purdue, UCF, and USF. He plans to be at Florida State's junior day this weekend and he has a feeling that FSU will also extend an offer.

"I think FSU might offer me," Senat said. "They told me they are real interested in me and want me to get up to their campus. I am looking forward to learning more about them."

^^^ monster
 5 years ago '04        #11117
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Mike_Vorkunov Mike Vorkunov
Darius Hamilton still set to make his announcement tomorrow night. Down to #Miami and #Rutgers.
2 minutes ago

Gators are out.
 5 years ago '06        #11118
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
Mike_Vorkunov Mike Vorkunov
Darius Hamilton still set to make his announcement tomorrow night. Down to #Miami and #Rutgers.
2 minutes ago

Gators are out.
has rutgers got a coach yet
 5 years ago '04        #11119
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
has rutgers got a coach yet
Yeah they promoted their OL coach from interim to head coach.
 01-30-2012, 08:39 PM         #11120
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
Yeah they promoted their OL coach from interim to head coach.
Pulled in a Larry Coker. Glad Mario turned them down.
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ronnie from Jersey Shore is dating someone from the Kardashians
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
52 comments
1 day ago