Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 03-11-2007, 04:53 PM         #1081
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah, its where the offers are. were still in his top 5 right now so if he doesnt get a better offer from State ( I doubt it since we need LBers more) im sure the canes will be getting strong consideration
 03-12-2007, 01:18 PM         #1082
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 11, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
T.J. Lawrence bio

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Lakeland (FL) Kathleen High School DB/WR T.J. Lawrence has received only a couple of recruiting letters from the University of Miami so far.

But he says that's not keeping Miami out of his early top four.

He lists those favorites as Miami, Florida, Florida State and Virginia Tech.

He already lists several offers, including Virginia Tech, Ole Miss and Arizona State.

Lawrence says the schools recruiting him hardest are Virginia Tech, Boise State and Florida.

"Miami fits in high in my picture because it's a Florida school and I'd like to stay in Florida," the 6-foot-1, 185-pounder said.

Of what he wants in a college, Lawrence said, "Education, of course. And I have to like the coaching staff.

"I've never been to Miami and I'd love to check out Miami, but I'm not sure when I'll get down there."

Last season Lawrence finished with 52 receptions for 1,245 yards and 14 touchdowns. On defense he had 28 solo tackles and five interceptions.

He also returned a punt for a 75-yard touchdown.

"Some schools are recruiting me at receiver, others at defensive back," he says.
 03-12-2007, 01:19 PM         #1083
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 11, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

It wasn't easy for Hurricane WR signee Kayne Farquharson to watch on in person at Miami's first spring practice this year.

The way he sees it, he should have been out there with the rest of the team.

But, because of a snafu with his academic credits, he is instead enrolled at Miami-Dade Community College.

"Everything's going well," he said. "As soon as I get these grades in the computer and get my official transcript I'll get to Miami as soon as possible."

Because of the paperwork involved he says he doesn't know if he'll be at UM for the first summer session.

"I have no idea, but that's my goal is to
get to that first session," Farquharson says.

As for what he saw at practice on Day 1, Farquharson said, "The receivers look good, the quarterbacks look good and the running backs look good. Everyone looked like they were on point in 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 drills.

"I was just observing the depth of yardage of the routes, route adjustments, certain calls."

The Hurricanes have only three scholarship receivers with experience on the roster - Lance Leggett, Sam Shields and Darnell Jenkins.

Farquharson sees the opportunity to step right on the field and make an immediate impact.

"Oh, man, I've been preparing for this since my JUCO days," said Farquharson, who attended El Camino (Calif.) Junior College the last two years. "It's not really getting prepared, it's getting situated right academically. The football aspect is no problem, it's like second nature."

Farquharson says he isn't following any set workout plan right now.

He's just doing workouts on his own to get stronger and faster. He hasn't been doing any route-running yet.

"I do a little running on my own, go to a local park, do some 100's," he said. "I go to the (YMCA) and lift some weights. So I stay in shape.

"I feel a little faster since JUCO."

Even though he signed in December, Farquharson wasn't listed as an official UM signee on Signing Day as he continues to work on his academics.

"Everything happens for a reason, so I believe there's a reason why I'm getting into school late," he said. "I don't agree with the reason. I just have to adjust. Everything's going to be good. I'm the type of guy that deesn't have bad days, doesn't slump over."

Asked his goals as a freshman, Farquharson said, "One game at a time, you know? There's only one game on the schedule for me, and that's Marshall -- to see them by any means necessary."
 03-12-2007, 01:19 PM         #1084
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 12, 2007

Related Links:
Ronnie Tubbs bioVideo highlights

Yazoo City (MS) High School WR Ronnie Tubbs began getting recruited by Miami in December.

At the time he says he was told that, if he made his grades, he would get a scholarship offer.

He didn't get the test score he needed by Signing Day.

But now he has.

He scored a 20 on the ACT, which combined with his 2.5 grade-point average qualifies him for admission to college. His previous best score on the ACT was a 16.

Tubbs has always wanted to be a Hurricane.

And now he hopes it's on the verge of happening.

"I think I'll be going to Miami," Tubbs says.

What he hasn't heard for sure is if the Canes will take him.

"I've been talking to Joe Pannunzio," Tubbs said. "He's telling me I fit in real well there.

"I think it's going to be a done deal for Miami. I think in April I'll know for sure."

He made the score a couple of weeks ago and immediately called Pannunzio.

The two have been in regular contact since.

"I just talked to him again on Thursday," Tubbs said. "He told me they're going to try and get everything straight with my [high school] coaches. I haven't talked to Randy Shannon yet."

Tubbs says he plans on taking a visit to Miami at some point in the near future.

He says, at 6-foot-3, 185 pounds and with 4.45-second speed, he hears comparisons to NFL great Jerry Rice in his playing style.

He had 64 receptions for 864 yards and 16 touchdowns this year. As a junior he had 54 catches for 834 yards and 14 scores.
 10 years ago '06        #1085
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,564 | Props total: 11928 11928
:applause:

10 years ago '04        #1086
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
WR Ronnie Tubbs highlights:

he looks very fluid with his moves after the catch
you can never have too many tall, fast wideouts

Last edited by madness; 03-12-2007 at 04:07 PM..
 03-13-2007, 05:56 PM         #1087
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 13, 2007

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Jeff Hawkins bio

Ocala (FL) Vanguard High School TE Jeff Hawkins has been getting recruiting mail from schools like Florida State, Georgia Tech and South Carolina.

He's hoping to get his first Cane letter soon.

And the Canes are hearing from him first.

"I'll be checking out Miami - I'll be down there this upcoming Friday and Saturday," said Hawkins, a 6-foot-4, 242-pounder with 4.7-second speed. "I'm going to visit the campus, will go out there and see what's going on. My dad's been back and forth contacting their coaches."

Hawkins was used primarily as a blocker last year, finishing with 13 catches for 195 yards and one touchdown.

"I know he's interested in Miami, and he's a can't-miss guy," Vanguard High coach Will Holley said. "He's got great size, is very quick and agile. He has great strength, power cleans 275 and is on our weight lifting team. He's a good power blocker, zone blocker. He's a good one."

Hawkins says he's "always liked Miami -- they have so many great tight ends coming out of there."

He lists his early top five as Miami, FSU, Georgia Tech, South Carolina and UCF.
 03-13-2007, 05:57 PM         #1088
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 13, 2007

Related Links:
Lerentee McCray bioVideo highlights

Dunnellon (FL) High School LB Lerentee McCray says he received a Miami scholarship offer two weeks ago.

"When they originally offered me it was over the phone and they said they'd send it in the mail -- I received that a week ago," said McCray, a 6-foot-2, 200-pounder with 4.5-second speed.

It was new Cane linebacker coach Michael Barrow, a former UM and NFL star, that initially made the verbal offer.

"I admire him a lot and he played in the NFL, so he can teach me a lot of things," McCray said. "When I talked to him I said `I remember watching your game when you played the Saints.' His team got blown out of that game, so he didn't like that too much. But that game stuck out in my mind because he had told the media something after the game and they kept broadcasting it. We talked about 45 minutes or an hour."

He says he has formed a good rapport with Barrow.

Including the Miami offer, McCray now has 15 scholarship offers.

"Miami, Florida, South Carolina, Virginia Tech and a couple of other schools are up there," McCray said of his frontrunners. "I've always wanted to be a Miami Hurricane, so they'll always be in my top 2 no matter what. I just grew up watching Miami."

Last year McCray had 100 tackles with 12 sacks and an interceptions. He also played tailback and fullback and had three touchdowns.

McCray says he has no plans to make an early decision and says he hopes to be in Miami at the end of the month to watch a practice or two.
 03-14-2007, 01:01 PM         #1089
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 14, 2007

Miami Edison High School DB Judah Linder is getting plenty of recruiting mail from programs like Florida, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Auburn and Rutgers.

But not Miami.

He hopes that changes in the near future.

"Miami, that's a school I would like to go to," said Linder, a 6-foot-1, 185-pounder who ran a 4.45-second SPARQ time in the 40-yard dash. "I am from Miami, and I like the Miami team -- they're very aggressive, the defense pursues to the ball. Wherever the ball goes they're there."

He says he's a big Hurricane fan.

"If Miami offers that's probably where I'd go," he says.

As a junior Linder finished with 55 tackles and three interceptions while playing free safety.

What is he looking for in a college?

"What I look for is No. 1 they have to have a good program, and No. 2 I want a very aggressive defense," he says. "I also want good coaching."

Linder has earned a couple of nicknames in high school: Baby T and Hit Stick.

"I get compared to Sean Taylor, so they call me Baby T," he says. "But they mostly call me Hit Stick because I love to hit."
 03-14-2007, 01:02 PM         #1090
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 14, 2007

Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin High School TE Sean Stackhouse lists one scholarship offer.

It's from Miami.

And he received it two weeks ago.

"I was walking in my locker room and my coach came by and says, with his every day tone, `You just got an offer from Miami,'" Stackhouse said. "He didn't crack a smile or anything. I looked at him like I couldn't believe it. I was shocked, surprised, happy.

"I know Miami's a real big tight end school, and if I wanted to hear from any program it would be Miami."

Stackhouse says he will be visiting Miami the weekend of the Spring Game and that, if he likes everything, "I'm probably going to go ahead and go with it -- if I like it I'll commit or keep them at the very top."

The 6-foot-4, 245-pounder with 4.8-second speed is being recruited by coach Clint Hurtt.

"I've talked to him three times now and he just says keep in touch and he'll be in for spring football [at Mandarin High]," Stackhouse says.

Stackhouse finished his junior year with 33 receptions for 333 yards. He had no touchdowns and a pair of two-point conversions.

He's started since the ninth grade.

"He has great hands," Mandarin High coach J.D. Hall says. "And his strength is in the run game. He's dominant as far as blocking. We were able to rush for close to 2,000 yards, and a lot of it is mainly because of Sean. At 6-4 he gives us a lot of advantages as far as catching the ball. He was Second Team All-Conference as a junior in this area as a tight end -- he had to go up statistic-wise against wideouts because there's not a category for tight ends."
 10 years ago '06        #1091
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 10 years ago '04        #1092
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
NEW UNIFORM Design

[pic - click to view]

The University of Miami will unveil new uniforms for the 2007 football season, announced head coach Randy Shannon. The new uniforms, crafted by Nike, are similar to those worn for the past three seasons, with a couple of minor aesthetic changes, including different striping on the front and back and wider jersey numbers. The Hurricanes will also wear black shoes, but the traditional white helmet with the split U logo will remain unchanged.

The new uniforms will debut on September 1 when the Hurricanes host Marshall to kick off the 2007 season.

The new uniforms will continue to be made of a revolutionary, yet more durable lightweight stretch material that is form-fitting for performance enhancement. The material is moisture management capable, meaning it removes sweat and/or rain from the body and allows it to evaporate. Other goals set out by Nike with this particular design include improving ventilation and creating a distinctive visual look.

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 03-16-2007 at 10:54 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #1093
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 C.R.I.P. said:
NEW UNIFORM Design

[pic - click to view]

dem sh*ts is hot
 10 years ago '06        #1094
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 10 years ago '04        #1095
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Marve working with Trainer, to Watch Spring Drills

[pic - click to view]

Tampa (Fla.) Plant High School QB and Cane signee Robert Marve is working hard to prepare for his summer arrival at Miami.

"I've been working out a lot, have got my weight up a little bit," he says. "My arm's gotten stronger since the season. I'm a better athlete now."

Marve says his body fat was 12 percent when he began working out with a trainer four months ago.

Now that's down to five percent.

"I'm trying to get my fat percentage down so I can move well," Marve said. "I'm weighing 195 right now. I've been working with a personal trainer on my diet. I can't eat junk food basically."

He recently tested in the bench press and short shuttle with the trainer. He benched 295 pounds and clocked in at 4.12 seconds.

"I'm the strongest I've ever been and my arm's the strongest it's ever been," he said. "I can throw the ball about 70 yards. I can tell the velocity of the ball and release is quicker. I can do an 18 yard out on the opposite dash pretty solid right now. I'm working on all different types of throws also."

Cane coach Patrick Nix has said that Marve will have a chance to compete with Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman for the starting job when he comes in.

"They said the best player will play, whoever it is," Marve said. "I know it's going to be a lot different from high school. If I need a redshirt year ... whatever the coach thinks is best. I'll do whatever I can do and see if it's enough."

Marve is throwing with fellow signee Jermaine McKenzie.

"We'll meet up this weekend," Marve said.

And Marve has been talking to several Cane coaches.

"I talked to Randy Shannon two or three weeks ago," he said. "All the coaches say to keep working hard."

Marve says he will be on campus in two weeks to watch spring practice.

"I'm going to go down and see if I can pick up anything," he said.
 10 years ago '04        #1096
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
I'm feeling the uniforms :blunt"
 03-17-2007, 10:38 PM         #1097
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice, things are starting to look up
 10 years ago '04        #1098
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Cane Signee told to Drop Weight

[pic - click to view]

Hurricane signee Orlando Franklin has attended every spring practice so far.

"I think we're going to be a real good team," he said. "It's pretty much the same technique [under new line coach Jeff Stoutland], just different terminology. I don't think it'll be hard to adjust."

Of course, he already knows quite a bit what the Miami program is all about: Franklin spent two months on campus last year attending class and working out with the team before learning he had two English courses flagged by the NCAA.

Now that he's completed those courses, he's looking forward to officially becoming a Cane ... again.

"I'm excited," he said. "I've already been to Miami, so I know what to expect. I've been running a lot. I'm already physically strong, so I'm running every day, three miles a day."

Franklin is combining the running with a strict diet in order to lose weight.

He reported last year at 320 pounds. He's currently at 330 pounds.

He says he doesn't know how he put on the extra pounds -- "it just happened," he says.

"Coaches said I have to lose weight," Franklin said. "Right now I'm going to be at guard because I weigh too much. I have to lose 10 pounds. It's not hard. I'm dieting right now, don't really eat after 8, have cut out sweets completely.

"I don't care if I play guard or even center. It's not a big deal. My understanding is the best five people are going to play."

Franklin says he "really doubts" he'll be redshirted.

"I know what I can do being in the system last year," he says. "Coaches have just been saying to get ready to work hard and stuff like that."

Franklin says after talking with and observing Stoutland in practices that "I think he's a mix of Art Kehoe and Mario Cristobal. It's the get-it mentality of Kehoe and the being cool about the situation like coach Cristobal. He asks about your family like Cristobal, it's not always about football with him."
 10 years ago '06        #1099
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
i expect big things from Orlando :applause: :applause: :applause:
 10 years ago '04        #1100
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
i expect big things from the whole team^^
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
55 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago