70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
155 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1061
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
the miami hurricanes are a south florida team, they should play in the city of miami
dolphin stadium is practically in broward county, another area code
 10 years ago '04        #1062
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 madness said:
the miami hurricanes are a south florida team, they should play in the city of miami
dolphin stadium is practically in broward county, another area code
It's in the boundaries, but Miami Lakes is still dade county regardless.

Damn if only Miami wasnt a poor city, the canes would have their own stadium or something!
 03-08-2007, 02:14 AM         #1063
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 7, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

There are two new faces on campus this spring: Freshmen tailback Graig Cooper and cornerback Doug Wiggins.

Of the two, it appears Cooper has the best chance for early playing time.

There is not much proven quality behind Javarris James, and Cooper is also getting work at handling returns in practice "hopefully I'll be doing that during the season," he says.

So how have his first two spring practices gone as a Hurricane?

"I'm doing well, but the other running backs are doing well also," Cooper said.

Cooper says he's working into action with everyone else and that there's no set first, second or third team.

"We're working together right now," Cooper said. "It's no first or second team. Coach [Tommie] Robinson is telling us we need to get better. We think we're doing well but he said we can do better."

Cooper got in for some plays in 11-on-11 work today.

"I got in, just had a couple of runs," he said. "But it doesn't count. It's just work, working hard."

As for if the competition level is what he expected, Cooper said, "It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. We're all working together. We're all working hard."

Asked what he thinks his role might be in Patrick Nix's new offense, Cooper said, "I'm just working right now; I'm not worrying about any role right now."

Typically something that holds back freshman running backs is picking up blitzes. Cooper says he's been studying blitz pickups and that "It's easy.

"Javarris is taking me under his wing, all of the running backs are. It's a whole new offense, so everybody's helping everybody."

In pre-spring testing Cooper had a 415-pound squat and 270-pound bench press.
 03-08-2007, 02:15 AM         #1064
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 7, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

RANDY SHANNON Q&A

Q: How did practice go today?

Shannon: We still have a long way to go, things to get done. We're working on turnovers, turning the ball over, creating turnovers. The defense created a lot of turnovers today. Those things can win or lose games for us. We have to get those things corrected (on offense). Our staff is doing a great job with it.

Q: Bruce Johnson and Derron Thomas didn't participate again today. Are they injured?

Shannon: Bruce isn't completely out, and Derron isn't completely out. Those guys are probably going to finish spring football.

Q: Was there anything different today from Day 1 of the spring?

Shannon: The tempo was a lot better. Every day we have to get better with tempo, what we're trying to get done, in and out of the huddle, having fun. And they're having a lot of fun with it.

Q: What is the biggest thing you like to get done in practice?

Shannon: The biggest thing we've got to do as a team drillwork and fundamental are the small things. We always have to work on creating turnovers and prevent turnovers. When you do drills like that every day, emphasize it, players really respond to it.

Q: Daren Daly and Matt Bosher are competing for the punter and kicking jobs?

Shannon: They're competing. We'll wait till that Tuesday before Marshall and decide what we're gong to decide on. We still have some walkon guys. It's a free-for-all. [Addressing a reporter] You want to come out? You can kick some balls for us, too.

Q: How did the quarterbacks look today?

Shannon: All of them look great, all five of them did a nice job.

Q: What about the offensive line?

Shannon: We need to find five to eight guys on the O-line that can help us win games. We just have to find guys that can help us win. We're trying to find the right mix. Somebody's going to get nicked, so find another guy. Make sure you do all the things in spring football to make sure you're okay when fall comes around.

Q: There are still no starters?

Shannon: This is our philosophy: Day 1, no starters, no problems with anybody. Same thing Day 1 in the fall. If problems come we deal with them as they come. We just make sure everyone's doing the right thing right now.

Q: You have only three scholarship tight ends on the roster.

Shannon: Coach [Patrick] Nix, [Joe] Pannunzio are doing a great job with them. We like what they're doing with running, receiving, running routes. We're excited about those guys. They were great guys coming out of high school. It's a great opportunity for them to step up.

Q: Other players are saying Graig Cooper looks great.

Shannon: I expect that out of him. That's why I recruited him to come to Miami. We're excited about it.
 03-08-2007, 02:15 AM         #1065
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 7, 2007

Solange Reyner

REGGIE YOUNGBLOOD Q&A

Q: Has there been a noticeable difference as far as O-line coaching the first two days of practice?

Youngblood: I'm used to it he's [Jeff Stoutland] a really intense dude, but so was Cristobal so it's nothing new.

Q: Is there a large difference in the intensity factor?

Youngblood: He's just a little more hype a little more of the time. He's a bit more physical, too.

Q: Is that something that can benefit you?

Youngblood: Yeah, it's something that can help us get on the ball get us moving and hype and playing with a little more enthusiasm.

Q: Do you think that will benefit you more?

Youngblood: Yeah, just us as a whole -- that's what we all want to work on, playing with a little more energy because we're on the O-line and we have to make plays, too, and that's what coach Stout wants us to do. They're really intense dudes and they teach. They're basically the same they're real intense, and they also calm down and teach, too.

Q: Is it kind of difficult to have one coach teach you one way and then have somebody else come in and teach you a different style?

Youngblood: They [Mario Cristobal and Stoutland] are coaching mirrors of each other, so not really. It's all basically the same techniques, but they each have their own kind of style.

Q: What are some of the different techniques they use?

Youngblood: Just using our hands, certain steps.

Q: Is there a significant difference with coach Randy Shannon, from what you've seen the first two days?

Youngblood: I believe with coach Shannon, it's a little bit more upbeat and up-tempo.

Q: Is the approach almost like you have a game on Saturday?

Youngblood: Every day's like that.
 10 years ago '06        #1066
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,724 | Props total: 12271 12271
 10 years ago '04        #1067
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Damn i hope i could check out one of the practices next week when i get outta here for spring break and get back home. I'm fu*king pumped son
 10 years ago '04        #1068
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1402 1402
looks like this will be the last year in the orange bowl
 10 years ago '06        #1069
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
looks like this will be the last year in the orange bowl
:( ...
 03-09-2007, 02:13 AM         #1070
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 8, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

TERAZ MCCRAY Q&A

Q: How are you doing physically?

McCray: I'm feeling pretty good. We had some time off so my body had some time to get better.

Q: What have you worked on most this off-season?

McCray: I've been working on the fundamentals, the small things. I do the little things my coach says. I'm working on technique.

Q: What is your take on the defensive front this year?

McCray: Dix [Antonio Dixon] played last year, Eric [Moncur] played last year, Calais [Campbell] started last year. It's just a load for me because it's a lot of young tackles. I just show leadership and do my part.

Q: Some people think defensive tackle is somewhat of a question mark entering this year.

McCray: The only question is can we stay healthy throughout the season, throughout practices, can we go the long distance. Dix is in good shape right now, is able to play more plays than he was last year. We feel confident as a D line that everyone will do their job. Hopefully Joe Joseph and [Dwayne] Hendricks can do well. Hopefully everyone can step up.

Q: There's no DT depth chart right now?

McCray: There's no depth chart. Coach [Clint] Hurtt sends them in and out, who is in and out.

Q: Who have you been going up against in practices?

McCray: I've been going against D Mo [Derrick Morse] and [Andrew] Bain. I'm doing pretty well against them. I have to shake some rust off.

Q: What is the mood of the team?

McCray: Everybody's high energy, is moving at a fast temp. The offense is moving at a fast tempo. With coach Shannon you have to play with a lot of energy. He expects that out of everybody. He wants the best out of everybody. It's up-tempo.

Q: What's your take on Richard Gordon?

McCray: Last year he didn't really get a chance. He knows a couple of things, is getting more adjusted from tight end. He's getting adjusted to the defensive side of the ball.

Q: Would you say the offense or defense won the first three practices?

McCray: It's kind of a draw. The offense, I think their confidence level is high with new coaches. Everyone feels real fresh. Everyone's looking real fresh compared to last year where we just came out and beat them last year.

Q: Have you seen coach Shannon get fired up a lot already this spring?

Shannon: We had a couple of those moments where he's like a hands on coach. He tells you what he wants, tells you what you're doing wrong. He doesn't like you walking on the field, wants you to sprint everywhere, to all your drills. He stopped one thing we were doing and we did sprints because he didn't like what we were doing.

* Asked the defensive standouts at today's practice, McCray said, "Colin [McCarthy] made a couple of big plays, the linebackers made a couple of big plays, and Calais.

* It was revealed today that DL Eric Moncur had offseason surgery for a torn PCL in his knee, the same injury Darnell Jenkins is back from this spring.
 03-09-2007, 02:14 AM         #1071
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 8, 2007

Solange Reyner

JAVARRIS JAMES Q&A

Q: How much more comfortable are you with a year under your belt?

James: The confidence level is up a lot more, given the chance you already know how guys are, you already get used to the speed of the game but I still have a lot to learn. Guys still teaching me and plus having a new coach is like starting all over again.

Q: What do you think about the new offense so far?

James: It's great I love it.

Q: You think Craig Cooper is going to have the same impact that you did in your freshman season?

James: Oh definitely. Craig Cooper is a special kid. He's going to be one of the best freshman running backs to come through here.

Q: Better than you?

James: Yeah, better than me.

Q: He said he's already gone to you for advice. What types of things have you told him?

James: I just told him just play for yourself, don't try to come out and do everything perfect. Because I remember I was sitting there just a couple of months ago trying to do everything right, all nervous and stuff. I just told him make sure you just be calm, it's just like high school.

Q: What about adjustments as far as coming from the high school game, you had a few endurance problems last year?

James: I came in out of shape because I came in injured out of high school and I wasn't able to run that much when I first got here. So I was just lifting a lot and now my endurance has come along. The game moves a lot faster and you have to think more. In high school it's easy to break a run. Now you have to give 100 percent every play it's just, that's the hardest adjustment.

Q: What have you changed?

James: Just working out a little bit more. I got a lot of body fat off, trying to make a lot more cuts working on my hands and stuff.

Q: What's different about the offense that you like?

James: Just the whole concept just guys, you have your receivers out there, they're going deep and they're running short routes and we're getting the ball thrown to us a lot more. The O-line is doing a lot better job with the concept and they give you more opportunity to make big runs.

Q: Do you like that aspect getting the ball thrown to you more?

James: Definitely as a running back I feel like all our running back corps has good hands and that's something coach (Patrick) Nix came in realizing that all of us can catch the ball out of the backfield. That just brings another aspect to the offense.

Q: Has Nix talked to you about having both you and Craig in the backfield at the same time?

James: Right now, there's no depth chart everyone's competing so we're really not talking about that.

Q: What are some of the specific things you did during the off-season to get in better shape?

James: That's my stuff. I don't give up my ideas.
 10 years ago '06        #1072
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 10 years ago '04        #1073
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
 RakimAllahNY said:

James: Oh definitely. Craig Cooper is a special kid. He's going to be one of the best freshman running backs to come through here.
yezzzir
 03-10-2007, 04:52 PM         #1074
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 9, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

President Donna Shalala has said in the past year that she planned to upgrade Miami's athletic facilities.

She wasn't kidding.

The University of Miami has now embarked on an aggressive three year plan during which the school has set a goal of raising $70 million that will be used toward upgrading existing facilities for student athletes and building new ones.

UM has tabbed the campaign "The Sprint For Hurricane Athletics."

"So far we have raised $3 million in a few short weeks," says Lindsey Radeer, who is UM's a.ssociate Athletic Director for Development. "This year we did an a.ssessment after the football season about our greatest strengths and what were our challenges. Looking at our university's athletic department compared to others in the ACC and nationally, we really felt that it was a combination of a few areas where we could really improve, and we've kind of succeeded in an environment without strong facilities."

The football team will perhaps benefit most from the effort.

The team is getting a renovated weight training and conditioning area that will be triple its current size.

"We need to increase square footage of that drastically," Radeer said.

It will be built as an addition to the existing space adjacent to Greentree Practice Field.

There will also be a renovated medical facility and a new 2,000 square foot multipurpose football equipment facility that will serve as the primary storage space for all football field and travel equipment. That will be built on top of the current Hall of Fame building and will also house coaching offices.

"We've received a [monetary] commitment for that facility already," Radeer said.

In addition, coach Randy Shannon asked for and received a football facilities renovation fund that can be used at his discretion to continuously improve the facilities used by his team.

"That will go to continually improvising the football environment, whether it's the locker rooms, technology -- it's solely for football," Radeer said. "We've received almost $200,000 in donations already from former football athletes, and we have a board of trustee member who will be matching gifts from former football players to the fund. That's an ongoing fund, and we have a $5 million goal over the next three years for it."

Among the other Sprint campaign plans:

* A 50,000 square foot Academic Center for student athletes.

"That will house computer labs, private study and tutor areas just for athletes," Radeer said. "We would have a new building and it would serve as a new entrance for the Hecht Center. When families come for recruiting they'll be able to see a high impact area where a renovated Hall of Fame will stand, and it will be very impressive. That space we would build up on the Hall of Fame. We will drastically renovate it."

The school is hoping to raise $15 million for it through naming rights for the building.

* A new 10,000 square foot basketball practice facility for the men's and women's teams.

"We're going to expand the current location," Radeer said. "It will be adjacent to the BankUnited Center. We've submitted it for approval to Coral Gables."

* Money to complete the renovation of Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field -- there have been construction cost overruns with the current plan.

* Renovating the Neil Schiff Tennis Center with new lights, locker rooms and coaches' offices.

"We received many generous gifts this year for tennis," Radeer said.

* Renovating Cobb Stadium with a resurfaced track and additional bleacher seating.

"We're also going to add a new press box," Radeer said.

The plan is to build as the fundraising drive continues.

Within five years the school hopes to have most of the upgrades and new facilities completed.

"The current athletes are very excited over the next few years to see what changes will be," Radeer said. "And those who leave are willing to contribute and want to see their alma mater succeed. I know coach Shannon's very excited as well."
 03-10-2007, 04:52 PM         #1075
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 10, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Andre Pickens bio

Talk about it in The Storm Center

Chino (Calif.) Don Lugo High School WR/CB A.J. Pickens says he's receiving Hurricane recruiting mail.

"It's just about how the school works, how they'll be recruiting me," he said.

A 6-foot-0, 175-pounder with 4.45-second speed, he had 26 receptions for 959 yards last season. He added seven touchdowns rushing the ball.

He says his early top four is Miami, Arizona State, Washington and Oregon State.

"I like Miami as a team," said Pickens, who has a personal best 100 time of 10.9 seconds for his track team. "I'll be looking at them. That's the team I like in college football. I've been rooting for them for the last five or six years."

Pickens has good bloodlines. His father, Dwight, played at Fresno State and then was a receiver in the NFL for the 49ers and Chiefs.

"I've been giving him advice, basically to just enjoy this year, don't put too much pressure on yourself, make sure your grades are up to par and work hard," Dwight says. "If you work hard good things will happen."
 03-10-2007, 04:53 PM         #1076
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 9, 2007

CaneSport News Wire

Wide receiver Darnell Jenkins will not participate in the rest of spring practice because of a family issue.

"Family is more important than football, and Darnell has to be there to take care of his family," coach Randy Shannon said. "We are all in agreement and want to do what's best for Darnell and his family. He will remain in school and rejoin us when practice starts in August."

Jenkins redshirted as a senior last year due to a torn PCL in his knee. He caught 13 passes for 183 yards in three games before the injury. Entering the season he had 49 career receptions for 492 yards and four touchdowns.

Jenkins had hoped to show he was back to form coming off the injury this spring, but now that will have to wait until the fall.

His absence means the team has only four healthy scholarship receivers practicing -- Sam Shields, Lance Leggett, Khalil Jones and Ryan Hill.

CaneSport Magazine publishes 25 times a year, 10 glossy monthly printed issues and 15 online or Gameday Issues for a subscription price of $54.95. An online only subscription or a printed magazine only subscription is $39.95. Call 1-800-635-2263 or visit CaneSportmagazine.com
 03-10-2007, 04:53 PM         #1077
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
March 9, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Nigel Carr bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center

A battle that plays out in the heads of many recruits throughout recruiting is how much they should consider the team they grew up rooting for vs. what school fits their needs best.

And that's a battle that will be ongoing in the head of Jacksonville First Coast LB Nigel Carr as recruiting heats up.

Carr is a lifelong Florida State fan and calls that his dream school.

But at the same time he says, "It's `Man, that's my dream right now, but I have to go where's best for me.' I'm just learning about every school right now."

Carr already has plenty of options. He lists 15 offers, including his top five of Miami, FSU, Florida, Georgia Tech and South Carolina.

He received a written Miami offer two days ago.

"I was surprised to get it because I didn't know Miami had seen my tape," Carr said. "I've talked to coach [Clint] Hurtt on the phone and he was just telling me how they like my tape and how they want me to come to the school, how they'll be recruiting me hard."

Carr adds of Miami that "I know they always have great linebackers -- Jon Vilma, Ray Lewis, Jon Beason -- they have a good defense also."

He says what's most important to him in a college program is "To help me go to the next level. So I want the best coaching because I want to play linebacker and want to go somewhere with a good linebacker tradition and good academics."

A 6-foot-3, 220-pounder with 4.5-second speed, Carr had 116 tackles, 13 sacks and an interception last season.

CaneSport Magazine publishes 25 times a year, 10 glossy monthly printed issues and 15 online or Gameday Issues for a subscription price of $54.95. An online only subscription or a printed magazine only subscription is $39.95. Call 1-800-635-2263 or visit CaneSportmagazine.com

03-10-2007, 11:19 PM         #1078
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao n*ggas fav school is FSU. gtfoh then

nah just fu*kin around, if hes that good to get an offer then real recognize real
 10 years ago '06        #1079
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
good looks on the new info

10 years ago '04        #1080
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:
lmao n*ggas fav school is FSU. gtfoh then

nah just fu*kin around, if hes that good to get an offer then real recognize real
Clinton Portis' fav school when he was in high school was UF and look at him now... i bet we could turn this kid around too if he wants tho'
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ronnie from Jersey Shore is dating someone from the Kardashians
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
52 comments
1 day ago