Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #10661
reborG80 
space
space
$2,849 | Props total: 1 1
yo i like the class golden getting his type of players i do wanna get a big top 10 type o get the ball rolling for next year
 5 years ago '09        #10662
reborG80 
space
space
$2,849 | Props total: 1 1
 Junior G said:
i'll admit i went a lil overboard this year, but deep down I knew it was gonna be year 3.

You might as well call us the LSU of next season......Jordan Jefferson is just like EJ, so it doesnt matter if he sucks or not .........we got the same kind of defense, except next year we'll be even bigger and faster with the best dline returning and adding even more talent, you see our class. Only difference is, we'll have an easier time making it because of the fact we're in the ACC.
to be honest i can see that if yall can beat clemson replace bradham imma root for any team that can keep tech out of the damn bcs i dont want them reppin the conference again and yall got EJ 757 rep
 5 years ago '06        #10663
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
ewey7 Preston Dewey
@ @K_Freeman7 lets just say BC will be putting out a "Welcome to The U" soon
7 hours ago
 5 years ago '06        #10664
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
Miami College Football Recruiting Visits
School, Hometown Video HT/ WT/ 40 Interest
Level Offer? Visit Date Visit School

DT 4 Eddie Goldman
(Edison-Friendship Public Charter School)
Washington, DC 6-4/315/5.05 Med Yes 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

S 9 P.J. Williams
(Vanguard HS)
Ocala, FL 6-1/180 Med Yes 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

DE 10 Jelani Hamilton
(St. Thomas Aquinas HS)
Fort Lauderdale, FL 6-5/245 Verbal Yes 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

RB 13 Greg Garmon
(McDowell SHS)
Erie, PA 6-2/200 Med Yes 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

WR 27 Amari Cooper
(Miami Northwestern HS)
Miami, FL 6-2/180 Med Yes 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

DE JC Denico Autry
(East Mississippi)
Scooba, MS 6-5/250 None Yes 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

S JC Gerald Bowman
(Pierce College)
Woodland Hills, CA 6-1/215/4.43 Med Yes 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

OG 49 Danny Isidora
(Cypress Bay HS)
Weston, FL 6-4/300 Verbal Yes 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

QB 59 Preston Dewey
(St. Andrew's)
Austin, TX 6-3/196 Verbal Yes 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

CB 78 Vernon Davis
(Coral Reef Senior HS)
Miami, FL 5-10/170 Verbal Yes 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

CB 83 Nate Dortch
(South Fort Myers HS)
Fort Myers, FL 6-1/165 Verbal Yes 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

WR PG Robert Lockhart
(Fork Union Military Academy)
Fork Union, VA 6-2/180 Med No 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

OT PG Taylor Gadbois
(Fork Union Military Academy)
Fork Union, VA 6-8/300 Verbal Yes 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

QB 92 David Thompson
(Westminster Christian School)
Miami, FL 6-1/215 Verbal Yes 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

OLB 116 Josh Witt
(Cypress Bay HS)
Weston, FL 6-2.5/210 Verbal Yes 12/9/2011 Miami (Fl)

CB JC NR Cameron Cole
(Fort Scott)
Fort Scott, KS -/- Med No 12/9/2011 Miami
 5 years ago '07        #10665
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
From Tweets Its Lookin Like Bowman
 5 years ago '04        #10666
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Ive been out the loop since the season ended but, i see that 3 star denzel perryman made the freshman all american team

All this while 5 star jeff luc cant even crack the rotation at fsu or the #1 lb from last year tony stewart from clemson didnt get any burn in one of the worst defenses in college football

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 12-11-2011 at 07:41 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #10667
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
From Tweets Its Lookin Like Bowman
wowww if true :wow:
 5 years ago '06        #10668
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
Ive been out the loop since the season ended but, i see that 3 star denzel perryman made the freshman all american team

All this while 5 star jeff luc cant even crack the rotation at fsu or the #1 lb from last year tony stewart from clemson didnt get any burn in one of the worst defenses in college football
lol @ that blantent joke of a ranking bias against miami again

how in he fu*king world does a kid thats sitting records for tackles and knockin heads off in Dade County the best football high school division/district in the nation get low balled with a 3 star ranking 3 stars in dade are automatically get a + sign on them... got nobodies beating up on highschools with a population of 140 that get ranked 5 stars word
 5 years ago '05        #10669
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,654 | Props total: 3750 3750
Luc will be startin next year dummies.....we were deep that's why he didn't play....he wasnt playing over Bradham who took almost every snap in the middle...smh.....when you're deep like us, you have great players that don't get a chance to play, you wouldnt know about that

I'm really starting to worry about you Miami fans, it seems yall don't know much about football at all. like Karlos Williams woulda started in your secondary obviously, but he was 3rd on our depth chart.....again he will start next year now......it feels good when you got stars on top of stars, but yall want us to throw out 22 players on d instead of 11 that's against the rules sirs....i wish we could play all our 4 n 5 star players too but hey some gots to take a backseat for now
 5 years ago '07        #10670
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Junior G said:
Luc will be startin next year dummies.....we were deep that's why he didn't play....he wasnt playing over Bradham who took almost every snap in the middle...smh.....when you're deep like us, you have great players that don't get a chance to play, you wouldnt know about that

I'm really starting to worry about you Miami fans, it seems yall don't know much about football at all. like Karlos Williams woulda started in your secondary obviously, but he was 3rd on our depth chart.....again he will start next year now......it feels good when you got stars on top of stars, but yall want us to throw out 22 players on d instead of 11 that's against the rules sirs....i wish we could play all our 4 n 5 star players too but hey some gots to take a backseat for now
is it any different then ol dude in your thread comparing EJ to RGIII,Luck, and Barkley
 12-11-2011, 05:58 PM         #10671
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Junior G said:

Just deep enough to make the Champs Sports bowl...
 5 years ago '05        #10672
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 The Lefty said:
Just deep enough to make the Champs Sports bowl...
defense wasnt the problem.............that there would be the offense
 5 years ago '07        #10673
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
South Fort Myers cornerback Nate Dortch was originally a North Carolina commitment before they parted ways with head coach Butch Davis.

It didn’t take too long after that for Dortch (6-0, 165) to become a Hurricane, and he hasn’t looked anywhere else since then.

Dortch was on campus in Coral Gables this weekend for his first and only official visit of the process.

“We toured the school, saw the facilities, went to the stadium to see the lockerrooms, and we met with the academic progress people,” Dortch said. “What stood out to me was walking around campus. That part was kind of a new thing for me so I got a better look at that side of Miami.”

Dortch was more focus on the academic side of things considering there aren’t any doubts about what school he’ll be ending up at.

“I talked to Coach Fisch and Coach Williams,” Dortch said. “What came up between me and them was my classes and my schedule once I get there. I got to see how my days would be setup and my parents loved that. They knew it was a beautiful campus but once they found out more about the academics, it was a done deal. They fell in love with it right there.”

Dortch isn’t someone who’s necessarily out recruiting for Miami at every opportunity because he prefers to stay more in the backdrop.

“Vernon Davis was really the only one I talked to,” Dortch said. “We really didn’t get into football that much, it was more just having fun. We talked about life and how things are going. We might be roommates in the future but whatever happens, he’s a cool dude.”

Dortch was hosted on the visit by freshman safety Dallas Crawford. The two were teammates at South Fort Myers as recently as last season.

“Dallas Crawford was my host, I think because we went to the same school,” Dortch said. “We knew each other already and we get along very well. I’ve known him since the Pop Warner days because we played against each other but I really didn’t get to a.ssociate wit him until we got to high school. He said to come in healthy and be in shape as soon as you get there.”

Following this trip, Dortch has a very positive outlook about the direction of the program.

“It’s headed to a new place in this era because Coach Golden is a great coach,” Dortch said. “We should be very prosperous in the future. Everybody wants to succeed and everyone is on the same page as a family. There’s no looking back when everyone is looking to the future.”
Nate Dortch 100% Committed
 5 years ago '07        #10674
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Ocala Vanguard safety P.J. Williams, a Florida State commit, enjoyed his official visit to the University of Miami this weekend.

Williams made the five-hour drive south to take in the visit.

“It went great,” Williams said.

As far as what he was most impressed with on the trip, Williams replied:

“Just how it was like a big family,” he said. “All the coaches and the players have a special bond. The campus was beautiful and they were building a lot on it too. Academics were great with having good, small classes with a great communications school, which is what I’m thinking about majoring in.”

Williams (6-1, 175) verbally committed to Florida State in July. He picked the Seminoles over Miami, Alabama, South Florida, and others. UM was his first official visit and the UM staff is hoping to land one of the state’s top-ranked defensive backs.

So where do the Canes stand with Williams after the visit?

“I don’t really want to discuss where they are in my recruiting now until I discuss it with my family,” Williams said.

Williams recorded 48 tackles as a senior for the 7-4 Knights. He also caught four passes for 157 yards and a touchdown, and returned a kickoff for a touchdown.
Will He Flip????
 5 years ago '07        #10675
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Fork Union Military Academy offensive lineman and Cane commit Taylor Gadbois isn’t a first timer to the recruiting process.

Gadbois (6-8, 290) committed to Miami in the 2011 class but had to attend prep school for a semester after not qualifying originally.

Gadbois to his official visit to Miami this weekend but he already knew what to expect since he had the experience before.

“We got good food, saw the school, and talked to the professors,” Gadbois said. “They set it up so you get a good feel for the coaching staff and what we’re about. We’re trying to develop a system and bring that swagger back to Miami.”

Gadbois didn’t limit himself to one or two coaches because he has a variety of reasons to talk to a bunch of them.

“I spent time with everyone to be honest,” Gadbois said. “Coming out of high school, Micheal Barrow recruited me so I was with him. Coach Williams recruited me at Fork Union again and Coach Golden is obviously the head coach. Coach Kehoe will be my position coach and Coach Fisch is our offensive coordinator. Even Coach D’Onofrio, I talked to him a little bit and Jethro Franklin too.”

Gadbois’ main objective this weekend was to work on the uncommitted recruits, and he did just that.

“They’re creating one big family on South Beach and I’m excited to be a part of it,” Gadbois said. “I took this visit really to recruit other kids and bring them with me. Obviously I worked on Eddie Goldman, the kid is absolutely massive. He could be a big-time player right away for us. I think he likes us but everything is shaky with him because he’s such a big recruit. I think we have a good shot of getting P.J. (Williams) from FSU, a really good shot of getting Denico (Autry) from junior college. I think we have a good shot at a lot of kids to be honest because it’s Miami. Miami’s paradise all the time and I told them that straight up. Not everything will be great when they get here but it’s still a great place to be. Yea you’re going to be homesick and you’ll be working harder than you have before. When you do that, it’s like your body is in another whole world.”

The other thing Gadbois wanted to accomplish this weekend was hanging out with his future teammates on the offensive line.

“I got Shane McDermott as a host again, I actually requested him,” Gadbois said. “We’re buds, he’s a hard working guy and a football player so we have the same interests. I also hung out with Malcolm Bunche and Brandon Linder constantly. They filled me in on what I need to be prepared for with my conditioning. That’s just another stepping stone for me at Miami.”

Gadbois isn’t bashful about where he sees the program going, guaranteeing a national title in the near future.

“We will win a national title in the next two years and if you want to write that down, I promise it’s going to happen,” Gadbois said. “I’d put money on that actually. Have you met Coach Golden? He’s the most amazing, influential man in college football. People will come to recognize that once we’re winning 10, 12, 13, 14 games a year and f!ghting for national championships. The talent in Florida is just ridiculous so the opportunity is definitely there.”
True fu*king Cane Right Here
 5 years ago '07        #10676
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Coral Reef cornerback and Cane commit Vernon Davis finished up a very successful senior season leading his team to a 9-3 record, the best in school history.

Davis (5-10, 170) did it all with 30 catches for 491 yards and 3 touchdowns along with 6 carries for 76 yards and 2 touchdowns. He had 17 tackles and 2 interceptions on defense in addition to 4 punts that he took back to the house.

Now Davis’ sole focus is his future at the college level after taking his official visit to Miami over this weekend.

“On Friday, we got a tour of the campus, we met with the coaches, and we talked to some professors,” Davis said. “On Saturday, we had a meeting with the president and they showed us the jerseys that we get to wear. It was all pretty cool.”

Cane coaches let Davis know that his services might be needed as soon as he is able to be ready to get on the field.

“The coaches I was with was like Al Golden, Paul Williams, and the defensive coordinator (Coach D’Onofrio),” Davis said. “They said they need me to get there as quick as possible. They want me to graduate early but I don’t think that’s going to happen. They need me to help start the legacy during my freshman year.”

Davis roomed with Amari Cooper on the visit, a local product who was an unexpected visitor as an Alabama commitment.

“I roomed with Amari Cooper so we talked a few different times,” Davis said. “I got him to open up a little bit. I can’t say anything is going to happen but we’ll see. We’re close friends so I think I got through a little bit. I see P.J. Williams decommitting because he loves Miami. I think some of us who are committed can change their minds because they see that we care.”

On the surface, it would seem a little odd that Davis was hosted by freshman receiver Rashawn Scott but the two got along well.

“I think I got up with Rashawn because he’s a receiver and I’m a corner so we’ll be going against each other,” Davis said. “We got to chill and he’s a really cool guy so we have a bond already. He said the game is much faster in college and you have to be patient. You can’t walk in all mighty, you have to be willing to listen. Let the coaches teach you and it’s not going to be easy. He said I might have a chance to start so he’s really honest.”

Davis sees a bright future in store for Miami fans when he takes a look at the 28 current commitments in the class of 2012.

“With our class that we have coming in, the sky’s the limit if you ask me,” Davis said. “We have a great class going with all the guys are committed already. We can make a lot of things happen if we come together.”
Vernon Looked Real Good In That Senior Tape
 5 years ago '07        #10677
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Quarterback David Thompson has been sold on Miami for quite some time.

He’s hoping more recruits flock to Coral Gables, and he thinks that they will.

After Thompson took an official visit to UM this past weekend, he is convinced some players will commit to the Hurricanes.

“I think a couple of them really are thinking about the ‘U’ now that weren’t before,” Thompson said. “I think a couple of the guys are going to commit that are uncommitted. I think guys like P.J. Williams, Eddie Goldman, and Greg Garmon—more so Greg and P.J. than Eddie.”

There has been a lot of talk that Williams, a Florida State commit, will switch to the Hurricanes.

“Just his reaction after coach (Al) Golden talked to us all for about 10 minutes,” Thompson said. “He seemed real excited and threw up the ‘U’ one time.”

Thompson’s roommate was McDowell (Pa.) running back Greg Garmon.

“Talking to him it sounds like he’s going to commit,” Thompson said. “He loved it.”

In addition to spending a lot of time with Garmon, Thompson also spent time with Preston Dewey, Josh Witt, and Taylor Gadbois.

“It was a lot of fun,” Thompson said. “There were a good group of guys there and the hosts were real good to us.”

As far as what stood out most to Thompson, he said:

“It was awesome seeing all of the gear. The thing that stood out to me the most was how awesome all of the players were to us and how much of a family it felt like.”

Thompson completed 129 of 204 passes (63 percent) for 1,971 yards and 20 touchdowns with five interceptions. He also ran for 377 yards and 11 scores.

He will be participating in the inaugural Marines All-American game (Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl) held Jan. 3 in Phoenix, Ariz.

“I am definitely looking forward to it,” said Thompson, who will be playing with Garmon in the game. “It should be a lot of fun.”

Thompson, who also plans to play baseball at UM, is beginning to prepare for his senior season on the diamond. Thompson is ranked as the 69th-best prospect by Baseball America.
 5 years ago '06        #10678
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 5 years ago '06        #10679
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
A surprise visitor on Miami's campus this weekend was FSU commitment P.J. Williams.

And Williams had superlative after superlative to say about UM's program after wrapping up his official visit.

"It went great," Williams said. "I was loving every second of it."

Williams said his highlight was spending time with the team. And in particular his host, Brandon McGee. The two hit it off and formed a close bond.

"Brandon, being able to get things from him, a guy who has been through it and seen everything, it was real great," Williams said. "He told me a lot, what I was coming into. And I was loving every minute of it."

Williams took the trip with his mother and grandparents. And they met with coach Al Golden this morning before leaving campus.

"I love coach Golden," Williams said. "He's a really good coach, down to earth. He loves all his players. He wants to make sure they succeed in life and on the field. I just loved everything. It shows me how they want me a lot. It was just great."

He also spent a lot of time with DB coach Paul Williams.

"He was telling me how they love me and how they really need me, that I can come in and make an impact and play early because of the need for my position," Williams said.

Williams said one of his favorite parts of the trip was visiting the stadium on Friday.

"The stadium, it was crazy," he said. "I felt so good walking in there. I wanted to play right then."

He said yesterday the recruits "went to the school after breakfast, learned about the academics. My family loved that. After that we went to the (Greentree practice) field and they showed us the history about it, talked about the Orange Bowl, were talking about the jerseys they wear, will be wearing next year. I was loving everything."

Williams says he considers himself a strong FSU commitment but that "I don't know ... I want to go back and talk to my family some more."

This was his first official visit. He will visit Florida State in January - "I haven't set the date yet," he said. And he also plans to visit USF in January.

"And maybe Alabama," he says.

* Williams also spoke about some other visitors:

Of Amari Cooper, another surprise visitor, Williams said, "He liked it a lot. I saw that he was about Alabama though. He may be stuck on them."

Of prep school WR Robert Lockhart, a Virginia Tech commitment who visited, Williams said, "He was loving the trip." Williams added that Eddie Goldman "was enjoying himself and that Gerald Bowman "really liked it."

- Deon Bush rescheduled his planned trip to UM this weekend and was not on campus
 5 years ago '05        #10680
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Williams says he considers himself a strong FSU commitment

/thread...........

Miami fans feelin themselves same with Goldman who didn't say much, he was prolly ready to get the fu*k up out that ghost town..., nobody says they had a bad visit no matter where they go

went on a miami visit as a fsu commit, left the miami visit as a fsu commit.....*yawn*, remember fellas he has 4 stars, that's a couple more than you're used to gettin
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy