Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
217 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #SPN: Zashia Santiago
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
161 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #10561
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,683 | Props total: 12216 12216
Cypress Bay offensive lineman Daniel Isidora committed to coach Al Golden and the University of Miami Wednesday.

The 6-foot-3, 330 pound Isidora was ranked as a four-star recruit by ESPN.com and had been considering offers from Michigan and Wisconsin, but he decided to call Golden Tuesday morning to join the Hurricane program.

“I was looking at some other schools, but when I sat down and thought it out, Miami was the best [school] for me,” Isidora told the Sun Sentinel Tuesday.

Isidora grew up a Hurricanes fan, and while he said proximity to home was not a key issue, “playing in my backyard” was an advantage for Miami.

Isidora’s commitment is major for the Miami program, who could face significant NCAA sanctions following the organization’s investigation of the school’s athletic department. The lineman said that he wasn’t concerned about the NCAA probe.

“Yeah, we talked about [possible sanctions],” Isidora said. “They have a bowl game taken away, but there are no worries about that. I’m not worried.”

“I have very high expectations. This is a building up year. By the time I’m done, I expect them to be right up there.”

The left tackle used his strength and footwork to be an elite high-school pass blocker, but Isidora was mostly used as a pulling run-blocker in Cypress Bay’s run-heavy Wing-T formation.

That versatility made him one of the region’s top recruits.

Isidora’s ability to be a lead blocker on runs, and his lack of prototypical offensive tackle height will lead him to taking a redshirt during his first year at Miami and converting to offensive guard, a position that coaches say better fits his size and skill set. Isidora said he’s not concerned about the conversion.

Last week, Miami resigned Golden, its first-year coach, to a four-year contract extension that pushed his contract’s end date to 2020. Golden, who played tight end at Penn State from 1987-1991, was rumored to be the top candidate to replace Joe Paterno in Happy Valley.

Isidora said Golden was deeply involved in recruiting him, more so than the head coaches at other suiting schools and the contract extension was vital to his commitment.

Furthermore, the personal relationship was paramount to the quiet and easy-going Isidora. The stud lineman expressed that he disliked being the center of attention, making the recruiting process especially hectic for him.

“It was big — it was good to me that he’s staying for a long time,” Isidora said. “We would talk once a week… about anything... [The overall recruiting process] was hectic. I’m glad it’s over.”
 12-02-2011, 12:41 PM         #10562
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A lot of chatter the past few days about Miami cornerback commitment A.J. Leggett not winding up in Hurricane orange and green next season.

It’s being reported that Leggett may be another casualty of UM’s high academic standards, something that has made alumni proud, while frustrating the Hurricane fan tied to the program for football and little else.

Leggett has a 2.4 GPA and scored a 22 on his ACT, so grades aren’t the issue. The fact that he’s been to more than two high schools, is. Leggett started at South Miami as a freshmen, transferred to Booker T. Washington as a sophomore, attended Gulliver Prep as a junior, Homestead this past summer and back to South Miami as a senior.

Leggett also insists all the jumping around was his parents’ decision and he’d have preferred to have only attended Booker T. and South Miami.

Leggett committed to head coach Al Golden months back, briefly switched his commitment to the Seminoles and then back to the Canes. Florida State is still interested in Leggett, as is Ohio State, but plans remain up in the air.

Another factor in the decision-making process; Leggett’s eleven-month old son A.J. III.

Leggett’s coach Lamont Green has chimed in on the subject, starting with commending UM for being open and honest with the process.

“At least they’re letting him know now before he puts his signature on any documents what the deal is,” Green said of Miami.

“We’ll see what he wants to do. Sometimes in college football things work out, sometimes it don’t.

They told him they definitely want him, but they want to be up front and not have him get frustrated. I don’t know what he’s thinking. I’m waiting on AJ to see how he wants to attack it.”

Leggett is a Miami product who committed to the Canes back in February – a year prior to Signing Day 2012. “The U” has always been his top choice.

“I’ve been wanting to play at UM all my life,” said Leggett. “I see a lot of opportunity there. I’ve been working hard to get my grades right, my test scores, my classes and stuff in line.”

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like those stars are going to align and when hearing the entire saga, you have to feel for the kid as a lot of circumstances out of his control seem to have him in this bind.
Why the Leggett family bounced their son around remains an unknown, but based on growing up around football-first families in South Florida, one would think it had to do with coaching staffs, playing time, position, exposure and anything that was going to keep a premier player in the spotlight.
Leggett is currently a senior and is ranked the tenth best corner in the nation, aspiring to play for a program in dire need of help in the secondary.

One can only imagine the frustration Golden, defensive coordinator Mark D’Onofrio and defensive back coach Paul Williams are feeling in the wake of this blow. Probably even worse that Leggett, who will thrive wherever he winds up.

Florida State and Ohio State simply don’t have the academic standards as Miami. I’m sure that statement would surprise the casual college football observer who wrongly lumps UM into that category, but the days of Sun Tan U are long gone in Coral Gables.

Not only has Miami become a premier university worldwide, but its athletes are expected to succeed in the classroom, as well. UM’s Athletic Progress Report (APR) rating is again in the top ten nationwide a big part of that is higher academic standards for football players.

No one is going to confuse Miami with Stanford on an academic level anytime soon, but the point is that grades to matter if you’re going to play football for the Hurricanes.

In this case, it looks like Leggett will be casualty of jumping around and paperwork woes, as his grades and test scores are good enough to get him into Miami. Leggett would need paperwork from all four high schools, which would be a tedious process that would call for one year of prep school to sort everything out.

So here sits Leggett at a crossroads; go to a prep school for a year, leave his son at home, put in the work and return to Miami for three seasons as a Hurricane – or – call it a day, go elsewhere for the next few years and take the show to the NFL in due time (barring a successful, injury-free career).

The story doesn’t even need to play out for Miami fans to know how this one is going to end. If you’re the betting type, you have to believe Leggett will be in garnet and gold next season. Ohio State is too far, Florida State is an eight-hour car ride from Miami and big time college football combined with instant gratification always seem to win out with teenagers over dues-paying and working towards a larger goal.

As an eighteen-year old, a year seems like a lifetime to Leggett, which is understandable. The thought of “doing time” at a prep school and not seeing the field for Miami until 2013, it probably sounds like the end of the world to him.

Of course in the grand scheme of life, adults know a year is a fleeting moment. The blink of an eye. It passes before you even know what happens. (On that note, where the hell has 2011 gone?)

As a parent, you hope that Leggett’s folks are giving their son sound advice – starting with an explanation about paying dues and working towards the ultimate goal. If Miami is truly Leggett’s dream destination, then don’t sell the dream short. Put in the year elsewhere (if need be) and come to Coral Gables hungry in a year. Period.

Of course if the dream is the NFL and college is just a stepping stone, then Tallahassee and Columbus are serviceable and three years from now, if the kid is as good as advertised, he’ll be playing on Sunday.

Wherever Leggett winds up, here’s hoping that he’s content with the choice. Canes fans may be frustrated about losing such a talented athlete, but at the end of the day, “next man in” comes into play and you simply recruit another corner and hope he gets the job done.

This isn’t a sports story as much as a human interest commentary and a desire to see a young man with a lot on his plate, guided the right way and doing what’s best for him and his young son. Period.

There are rules in this game of life and you either abide, break or choose another path. UM’s standards are what they are and can’t bend here as the integrity of the entire system and process go out the window if you make an excuse for one. If anything, be proud that this university – in dire need of cornerbacks – will hold its ground, even with someone as talented as Leggett dying to get on board.

It’s a moment like this that should be revered as much as a win on a Saturday, reminding you that is it truly great to be a Miami Hurricane.

Good luck in your journey, Amos. Hope you’re a Cane. Understand if you’re not. – C.B
 5 years ago '07        #10563
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
This is some bullsh*t, we need CB's like no other and boutta take a huge L if this doesnt work out, those academic standards are holding us back like no other but casual fans of CFB just dont understand

Good news is rare these days, sh*t is depressing
 5 years ago '05        #10564
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
gotdamn you shalala you freeeaking troll :rant:

5 years ago '07        #10565
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
If anything, be proud that this university – in dire need of cornerbacks – will hold its ground, even with someone as talented as Leggett dying to get on board.
These moral victories are some bullsh*t, I need W's on gameday
 5 years ago '05        #10566
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 ttime236 said:
These moral victories are some bullsh*t, I need W's on gameday
i been telling ereybody ever since shalala and her academic standards came on, weve been sucking

hs systems in south florida are beyond horrible

all these perenial power house hs have F grades cumulative, some even have double F's - so its no suprise we have to turn down kids who wanna come here, because they wont qualify

mix that in with the nfl dreams, no one is sitting a year out to go to prep school, when the ohio states, lsus, west vas of the world will take them even if they are academically casualtys

not saying leggett is that, but the transcripts of all those schools getting them together could take up to a year before everything settles, why waste a year when you can go to another school, ball for 3 years and go to the nfl
 5 years ago '06        #10567
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
watch he will go to UF and or one of these other schools with no problem whatsoever

shame
 5 years ago '07        #10568
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
& leblanc raping girls with teammates
 5 years ago '05        #10569
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Leggett Unlikely to Play at UM

One of Miami's top recruits is unlikely to sign with the Hurricanes.

South Miami cornerback A.J. Leggett, a four-star recruit according to 247Sports, announced on his facebook account Thursday afternoon that UM looks like a longshot.

"I dont think I will be playing In miami next year," Leggett wrote.

According to Leggett, Miami defensive backs Paul Williams told Leggett that because UM is a private school he would have a tougher time getting into school.

Leggett has attended four high schools leaving his academic standing with the NCAA up in the air.

Williams recommended that Leggett could attend a prep school to help his academic standing. However, Leggett stated that he doesn't want to go the prep school route citing family reasons.

Ohio State and Florida State are among the schools that have pursued Leggett.

Leggett guided South Miami to a remarkable turnaround 9-3 season after transferring from Gulliver Prep. He played quarterback and accounted for over 1,600 yards on offense and 15 touchdowns. On defense, he had four interceptions.

Leggett plans on playing in the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl in Dallas, Texas as well as the Dade-Broward Game.

Leggett is the second commit this week to have parted ways with the school as Lakeland wide receiver Ricquan Southward changed his commitment to Ohio State.
 5 years ago '05        #10570
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Hurricanes fans will soon have one more chance to watch some of their Canes play football — and be coached by one of their favorites.

The Battle of Florida all-star collegiate football game will be played at 8 p.m. Jan. 21 at FAU Stadium in Boca Raton. Retiring FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger, who brought UM its first national title in 1983, will coach the South team, while retired FSU coach Bobby Bowden will coach the North team.

Players must have been either born or played high school football or college football in the state of Florida. The game will be televised nationally by Fox College Sports.

So far, three Hurricanes and one former Cane have accepted invitations. UM offensive lineman Joel Figueroa, defensive tackle Micanor Regis, tight end Chase Ford and former Canes receiver Aldarius Johnson will compete in the game for Schnellenberger’s South squad.

The other senior Canes who were invited and haven’t yet responded: receiver Travis Benjamin, quarterback Jacory Harris, linebacker Sean Spence, defensive end Andrew Smith, guard Harland Gunn, center Tyler Horn, defensive back JoJo Nicolas and cornerback Mike Williams.

The Battle of Florida personnel director Jaden McNeely believes his game has a chance to thrive alongside the two other longtime collegiate all-star games: the Senior Bowl (Jan. 28) at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, and the East-West Shrine Game (also Jan. 21) at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg.

“We did this game because we felt like Florida was being underserved,’’ McNeely said. “We truly believe there are 100 NFL prospects in the state of Florida. Our approach is, why not take guys who would normally fall in between the cracks and let them play in front of NFL scouts and give them a chance? A lot of these guys don’t have the opportunity once their season is over.’’

Senior Bowl spokesman Kevin McDermond said Thursday that some invitations have gone out and many more will be sent in the next couple weeks. McDermond said the Senior Bowl has “not invited the Miami guys yet, but I anticipate we certainly will.’’

East-West Shrine Game executive director Harold Richardson said his game sends out 65 invitations “to those everybody on the planet knows you’d invite — the rest go out on a personal basis. We sent out that first batch about two weeks ago.’’

Richardson does not publicize the invitation list. He said he’ll distribute the acceptance list in early January.

Schnellenberger, whose influence in South Florida football has been huge, said it was important he was involved.

“I couldn’t allow this to go forward without my participation,’’ he said in September when the game was announced. “This is another thing to ensure that football in Florida will continue to grow and develop and keep its rightful station with everybody else in the country.’’

Read more:
 5 years ago '07        #10571
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
If Urban Meyer scoops Leggett
 5 years ago '04        #10572
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
we've turned into FIU... i dont know if i can get excited about this team with this bullsh*t.

Lets be honest, stupid n*ggas are good at football, not school. fu*k it.

Well... Stanford is a beast now i just hope Golden can turn this bi*ch around.
 5 years ago '05        #10573
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
we've turned into FIU... i dont know if i can get excited about this team with this bullsh*t.

Lets be honest, stupid n*ggas are good at football, not school. fu*k it.

Well... Stanford is a beast now
more accurately we've literally turned into notre dame

high academic standards and recognition, mediocre underachieving football team

its hard to get excited, im as diehard as they come, taking vacay days to go on road games, go to the home games that no one goes to, im usually antsy minute the season ends to the beginning of camp, spring ball - all that good sh*t - but this year sh*t just crept up on me, it was just like ohh the season starting tonight, lemme get off my a.ss and buy my season tickets now

i completely understand as head of the university, to rid that stigma of sun-tan u reputation miami had in the 80s, i appluad her for even taking miami from top 100 institution to top 50 in undergrad rankings, but at the expense of the football team

as the team is heading, attendance is going to be abysmal, this year no bowl money
the football team itself already funds tha majority of the athletic department even funding the other sports, if the product on the field does not improve, millions will be lost, with it losing revenue streams, merchandising all that, maybe shalala will listen then when the money runs out
 5 years ago '06        #10574
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
this kid Duke Johnson is unbelievable look at that last TD he scored

thats my goon
 5 years ago '08        #10575
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
$21,342 | Props total: 94 94
that news on AJ is some bullsh*t....if he really wants to go here then he'll sit out a year and get his grades straight. if not then he can ball somewhere else.
 5 years ago '08        #10576
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
$21,342 | Props total: 94 94
tommy streeter and lamar miller are both leaving for NFL
 5 years ago '05        #10577
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,686 | Props total: 3795 3795
damn it's a wrap for this program.....yall dead and probably wont be favored in no games next year except the d-2 opponent at the start.....

yall thought this year was bad? along with ya last 5 seasons ....next year yall wont even be bowl eligible .....and im sittin here thinkin when is the next time yall can possibly beat us.....2020 maybe? and im bein generous....

i mean damn ya current players suck, only ones with some sort of talent are leaving and you're bringin in a bunch of nobodies that are temple caliber.......GOOD NIGHT SWEET PRINCES.....its been real
 5 years ago '05        #10578
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
i really think your attendance is going to take a huge hit next year..............wait did I really say that

shoutout to Tracy Howard, hope you enjoy watchin 3-8 BC embarrass Da U on their home field in front of that monstrous crowd of 16.....who da fu*k wouldnt want to be a Cane, SWAG n Rings baby we on top forever......ok maybe not now but man them 80s is somethin serious....
 5 years ago '05        #10579
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
and yes i love kicking a dog when they're down....especially a filthy mutt like Miami Hurricanes football......

IN DONNA SHALLALA WE TRUST

[pic - click to view]

got Da U in the palm of her hands
 5 years ago '07        #10580
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 Junior G said:
and yes i love kicking a dog when they're down....especially a filthy mutt like Miami Hurricanes football......

IN DONNA SHALLALA WE TRUST

[pic - click to view]

got Da U in the palm of her hands
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
221 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
134 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
50 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
76 comments
2 days ago