Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Future & Young Thug - Super Slimey (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thr..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 18 - Sex Abuse Was 'Price' of Olympic Gold: McKayla Maroney
54 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Women's faces captured before, during and after orgasm in photography ..
164 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Bow Wow givin men advice n Gille responds
98 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #10401
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,738 | Props total: 3886 3886
 MRS. RONDO said:
can't wait for Notre Dame to bring you clowns back to reality......you have 0 wins over any decent team, every victory is over a team that sucks n we will punish NC State and Boston College worse than you could ever dream of, show you who the alphas are n not squeak by like you losers middle tennessee state beats the teams worse but miami is back after beating the worst teams in college football
Thats completely hilarious coming from the team that has played like 2 D1 teams so far this year.
 5 years ago '07        #10402
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,465 | Props total: 1037 1037
We garbage but they struggled wit USF who lost to Ball St lmaooo
 5 years ago '08        #10403
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,078 | Props total: 152 152
Since when is 30-17 a struggle. I can tell you didn't watch the game our second team defense was in in the mid 3rd Q. They got their first TD on a blocked punt at the 10 and kept their starters in against our backups dumbass. We could've scored again but Chris Thompson took a knee when he broke and could've scored. All we did was run the ball in the 4th because the field was all tore up. Ur an idiot if you think we struggled at all. We were 14 point favorites and won by 13 and could've scored again but we struggled, yeah whatever helps you sleep at night
 5 years ago '05        #10404
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$53,648 | Props total: 6492 6492
clemson would k!ll you, i can only imagine what sammy, hopkins, ellington n boyd would do to yall.....n USF will beat the sh*t out you too, you'll see that later this year
 5 years ago '08        #10405
space
space
Yall garbage cuz it took OT to beat G Tech who lost to Middle Tennessee
 5 years ago '05        #10406
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
i can already see how much ima be laughin watchin your defense try to slow BJ Daniels down......bad news for yall is they play defense also
 5 years ago '05        #10407
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
fill out the rest of your schedule but

guaranteed losses?

ND, FSU, USF, VTech....n i'm sure yall will choke up again....5 losses n then a bowl loss if yall go so either 6-6 or 6-5, n just say after Tech beats yall they dont win anymore n yall make the ACCCG LOL....n we stomp you again....6-6, but 6 wins is a good season for your program, its like winning a NC
 5 years ago '05        #10408
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
i like some of yall so im givin yall the realistic side of things......im cruisin the canestime board over here n am in tears at how many of your fans think you are good....guess ima have to be the one to say i told you so in a month
 5 years ago '10        #10409
kNOLES 
space
space
$581 | Props total: 4 4
Miami's defense won't stop fsu...think Clemson but weaker and less play markers to focus on. FSU goin to fuk y'all sisters
 5 years ago '05        #10410
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 603 603

For the past several minutes, Jimmy Johnson has sat in his Tavernier home, just back from a fishing trip 17 miles offshore, and talked in measured and even tones about what the Miami-Notre Dame series meant to him.

Jimmy is 67 now. He enjoys the good life he's created. He's always embraced today rather than yesterday, anyhow, so he's reflecting on a quarter-century ago to be nice more than from any personal need.

But now the 1988 game is mentioned and there's a rise in Jimmy's voice and a tilt to his thoughts. The fire is coming back with the memory. This was the one loss he suffered to Notre Dame. And he doesn't consider a loss. Not really.

There's also the story Lou Holtz attaches to that day, the one where he speaks of firing up his Notre Dame players by saying they would f!ght Miami's players, one by one. But they were to save Jimmy for him.

"Scrawny Lou Holtz takes pride in telling that, doesn't he?" Jimmy says now. "It's funny, but you never heard those kind of stories come out of Notre Dame when they were losing those games.

"He should just be happy the Big Ten official gave him that game or he wouldn't have won his one national championship and I would've won my second. He should just be happy about that."

He chuckles and says again, "Scrawny Lou Holtz."

It's not today's Miami players and coaches getting on the plane, and flying to Chicago this weekend, that make this Notre Dame game the kind that has college football buzzing again.

It's the stories like that one packed on board with them. It's the memories made before any of these current players even were born, the kind that came when Jimmy's team and his personality came to define South Florida in a manner few teams and sports figures ever have.

It started his first season at Miami, 1984, with his first trip ever to South Bend.

"That was a thrill, beating the leprechaun there,'' he says.

The next year his team beat down Notre Dame so completely, 56-7, that former Irish coach and CBS analyst Ara Parseghian said Jimmy ran up the score. That was the real start of the rivalry.

"They couldn't stop our substitutes,'' Jimmy says. "The one play that got Parseghian hot was us blocking a punt. Bill Hawkins blocked it. We had so many substitutes on the field at the time we didn't even have 11 guys out there.

"We'd emptied the bench. We had a punt returned called but no one blocked Hawkins and so all of a sudden we're running up the score."

That started the brisk "Catholics vs. Convicts" T-shirt sales. It also put Jimmy in the villain's role nationally. Another T-shirt that sold well in South Bend was his picture with the words, 'Pork-Faced Satan."

"I got a kick out of it,'' he said. "It was the most watched game in those years, and I loved the big games. I could have cared less about playing teams nobody wanted to watch."

Some said the game got too big, he was told.

"It couldn't get too big for me,'' he said. "Those were the games I loved. Oklahoma. Florida State. Even the Florida game. I kid Emmitt (Smith, the running back) to this day, in his debut against us, he gained 11 yards. But they did score four points."

The next Notre Dame game in '87 wasn't defined by just another Miami win. There also was a pre-game f!ght in the tunnel.

"I'm going to defend our guys on that,'' Jimmy says. "The way it's situated, both teams had to go through the tunnel. And because of where they stretched in the end zone, you had to walk by them to get to the other side of the field.

"As our guys are walk by, there's some jawing back and forth. You know our guys. They're not going to back down. There's some hollering, a little altercation, and that led to what happened."

That made the final game even bigger, the stakes even greater, the referee's whistle in 1988 that ruled Cleveland Gary fumbled rather than scored a touchdown all the more lasting.

"If they used replay back then, it's a touchdown,'' Jimmy says. "You look at it now, he's across the goal line, hits the ground and then the ball comes out."

What's Notre Dame say? Wake up the echoes? They're woken to the point a rivalry that was built for Jimmy matters again. Or maybe it was built by him.

As he says, "We beat 'em four times with an asterisk."
jimmy the goat

10-01-2012, 10:55 PM         #10411
canesin2099  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Getting Thomas would be huge. Do it Golden Goon.

Jimmy was the GOAT, need him helping out on the recruiting front.
 5 years ago '07        #10412
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,465 | Props total: 1037 1037
Ive said it.a million time Matthew Thomas is a Cane Lock

Hes just enjoying the recruiting process as any kid should
 5 years ago '05        #10413
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Cane Lock? good luck with that
 5 years ago '08        #10414
space
space
Cane lock? Yall n*ggas in here are crazy. The man missed Miami's Senior day to take a trip to FSU, he hasn't been to a Miami home game and doesn't plan to until they play FSU, he traveled to USF the week they played FSU but you think he's a Cane Lock? He's enjoying the recruiting process by going to every FSU game he can for free. He's telling the Miami public what they want to hear so he don't feel all that pressure that's down there cane lock yall n*ggas live in a make believe world
 5 years ago '04        #10415
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
both of these n*ggas are in love with us
 5 years ago '05        #10416
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
you fu*kin know it.........i prolly won't even watch our game this weekend until the miami notre dame game is over
 5 years ago '08        #10417
space
space
I love yall n*ggas yall are like sons to me. We're like the fathers who play ball with their children they let their son win so they have confidence in their future endeavors but when they get out of line you have to smack they a.ss up just to let them know who's daddy. Right now we going through the letting yall n*ggas know who's daddy phase. In recruiting and on the field
 5 years ago '04        #10418
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,738 | Props total: 3886 3886
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
I love yall n*ggas yall are like sons to me. We're like the fathers who play ball with their children they let their son win so they have confidence in their future endeavors but when they get out of line you have to smack they a.ss up just to let them know who's daddy. Right now we going through the letting yall n*ggas know who's daddy phase. In recruiting and on the field
So I guess we're the sons who have double the achievements of their fathers.
 5 years ago '05        #10419
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
we only want the best for you son, every father wants their son to do better than they did.......brings a tear to daddy's eye
 10-02-2012, 01:03 PM         #10420
canesin2099  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pretty sure I remember rondo talking bout how Kirby was heading to Trailerhasse too.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Days In Houston (Tsu)
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thats Too Much Woman For U Charlie, Gonna Have To Share Her Around A Bit
43 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Demi Rose Busts Out
124 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
She Said She Ya Fav Thick Chick
43 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 18 - Former Wharton Professor: 'Trump Was the Dumbest G*ddamn Stud..
102 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Comedian Godfrey is a SAVAGE!!!!!!!
75 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Heath Ledger Got Christian Bale To Actually Punch Him While Shooting ..
36 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Video of Jeremy Lin knee injury
211 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy