Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #10021
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The tight ends have to step up.

Asante Cleveland knows this.

Head coach Al Golden has made his criticism of the position known after the group caught just two passes for six yards in the loss to Maryalnd.

“We’ve taken it as a challenge and we’re definitely accepting it,” Cleveland said of the criticism.

Golden, a former tight end during his playing days, was unhappy with the production of the four tight ends that played—Chase Ford, Clive Walford, John Calhoun, and Cleveland.

"We have to get all those guys more touches in the game," Golden said. "After the game, I didn't feel comfortable with how we didn't get Clive and Chase enough touches. Hopefully that will reflect in the gameplan this week."

Cleveland says the problem last game with the group was that they were getting jammed at the line too often, which threw them off their routes a bit affecting the timing.

With the tight ends catching passes, it would provide a boost to the offense and make the job easier on the quarterback and receivers.

“It would help tremendously, it would give us another option,” Cleveland said. “We have great receivers so you know the defense will be watching out for them and if they have to worry about the tight ends getting loose they will have a whole lot of problems. We’re really working on making sure we can get open to make sure we give an extra option to the quarterback.”

Since the Maryland game, practices have been going well according to Cleveland.

“It’s looking real good,” he said. “We’re real tuned in, making sure we have our a.ssignments and focus on everything we need to. And we’re keeping it simple to make sure we execute everything.”

As far as Cleveland goes, he got off to a slow start in fall camp due to a shoulder injury, which caused him to miss the spring. But since then, he’s feeling better and healthy.

“I’m feeling a lot better,” he said. “I’m getting a lot of rehab. It was a little frustrating, but I understood what I had to do for my body to get me back where I needed to be.”

Cleveland had a strong finish to his freshman season last year and led the tight ends with eight receptions for 110 yards—numbers he’s looking to build on this year.

“That’s always a goal to have a bigger production than last year and I’m going to do what I have to do to make sure I’m there when the team needs me in big situations,” Cleveland said. “When they call my number, I’ll be ready.”

Scoring touchdowns in the redzone is a high priority for the tight end position. So what is the key inside the 20?

“The red zone, you know the ball is coming out faster so you have to make sure you get your head on it and your eyes on it, and come down with it,” Cleveland said.

Getting a win against Ohio State and avoiding an 0-2 start is big for the Hurricanes.

“It’s a huge game,” Cleveland said. “It’s a big rivalry goes back a long time. It has everybody around campus excited and we’re going to try to bring home a ‘W’ for them.”
I think jacory will target the TE more.....
 5 years ago '07        #10022
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami released their injury report Thursday afternoon for the Ohio State game.

TE Blake Ayles is done for the season.The Hurricanes will have their home opener against the Buckeyes and are relatively healthy for the big early season matchup.

The big news in the latest report is the season ending injury of tight end Blake Ayles, who transferred from USC in the offseason. Ayles has been held out of practices since midway through fall camp and has not returned.

At this point it is unknown if Ayles will redshirt and return to Miami for the 2012 season.

Note: Only the game status of the players is released by UM. All other information including the injury is provided by the InsideTheU Staff.

Injuries

DT Curtis Porter - Finger - Out for Game

This is a bit alarming that Porter would miss another game due to a finger injury, but Porter has dealt with nagging injuries throughout his time at UM. He had a nail peel off in practice and has missed nearly three weeks of practices. Miami could use the depth that Porter provides at defensive tackle and hopefully he will be available for next week's game against Kansas State.

When healthy: Porter is a second-team defensive tackle.

OT Seantrel Henderson - Back - Out for Game

The ‘Seantrel Watch’ is still on. According to a source, if Henderson does not play in the first four games after recovering from back surgery on August 8, then he will red shirt, which Henderson does not want to do. Earlier this week Golden said Henderson's rehab from his back surgery is on schedule, but he would not provide a timetable on his possible return this year. With the amount of shuffling going on the offensive line right now, Miami could definitely use his presence.

When healthy: Henderson is the starting left tackle

DT Luther Robinson - Left Leg - Out for Game

Robinson is another player that could seriously help UM's depth at defensive tackle. With Robinson out, the Hurricanes are very thin at that position. Prior to the Maryland game, Robinson was seen on crutches and wearing a boot.

When healthy: Robinson is a second-team defensive tackle.

DE Shayon Green - Knee - Out for Game

Green has been in the red injury all fall, but has recently starting wearing pads in practice. He’s recovering from an ACL injury. He’s played linebacker in the past, but is currently with the defensive linemen.

When healthy: Green is a third-team defensive end

TE Blake Ayles - Upper Extremity - Out for season

Ayles has been dealing with an undisclosed injury, which has kept him out of practice for the last month. Ayles was last seen leaving practice in the middle of fall camp with a trainer, who asked him what he had ate. Golden has said Ayles is not dealing with a heat-related issue although Ayles admittedly was having troubles with the heat the first couple days of fall camp.

When healthy: Ayles is likely one of the top two starting tight ends

TE Cory White - Knee - Out for Season

White, who moved to tight end in the spring from offensive tackle, was looking to crack the rotation this fall during his red shirt freshman season after earning scout team offensive MVP honors last season. This is a setback for White, who would have been used more in blocking situations.

When healthy: White is the fifth tight end
fu*k Curtis Porter if its really just a finger injury that n*gga need to tape that sh*t up and get on the fu*king field. I cant stand soft a.ss n*ggas
 5 years ago '07        #10023
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
MIAMI, Fla. – Herb Waters doesn’t care who’s on the other side of the ball, even if it’s a future teammate.

Waters, a wide receiver from Homestead, had no problems laying out Coral Reef cornerback Vernon Davis on a block that sprung a touchdown pass for his quarterback in Thursday's game.

Waters’ hit on Davis left the defender on the field to be tended to by the training staff.

“We are committed to the ‘U’ and we’ll be teammates then, but when we are on the field and he’s got on a different color, he’s my enemy,” Waters said.

Davis would later return.

“He hit me real hard, but I recovered, I’m alright,” Davis said.

After the play, Davis told Waters to keep his “head on a swivel” but the two did not have any other collisions after the first quarter play.

Waters shined in a losing effort returning a punt 79 yards for a touchdown and catching two passes for 24 yards.

But Davis’ team got the come from behind win, 20-17.

“The second half we came out flat and didn’t play as a team,” Waters said. “That’s what we need to practice on more, coming out in the second half and playing as a team.”

Homestead was up 17-0 at halftime, but allowed Coral Reef to get back into due to a punt by Waters that went off his teammate’s back that was recovering in the end zone by Coral Reef. In the final minute, Coral Reef fumbled at the goal line, but they recovered it in the end zone for the go-ahead score.

“There’s a lot of frustration,” Waters said. “Seeing the fumble got my hopes up, but we aren’t going to win them all. We’re going to win some, we’re going to lose some. We just have to come back next week against Belen and take over.”

Following Waters’ punt return for a score, he celebrated by throwing up the ‘U’ to his sideline.

“I saw my gunner make an incredible block,” Waters said. “I saw the hole and took it, I didn’t have any hesitation. Last week I was supposed to throw it up, but I was so anxious when I scored and so happy. I did it this time for James Burgess, he always wants me to throw it up when I score.”

With the loss, Homestead is now 1-2. However, Waters is having a good year. He’s caught seven passes for 100 yards and one touchdown, rushed for 114 yards and a score on three carries, and threw a 40-yard touchdown pass. The punt return was his first in the return game.

“It’s going good right now. It could be better.”

Waters is planning on attending Miami’s game against Ohio State on Saturday.

“I just hope they come out,” Waters said. “They got some players back so it should be different. I’m going to be at the game to see what they got.”

Waters is planning on taking all five of his official visits with Burgess and the two plan on setting them up next week.

Waters says he’s considering taking visits to Florida State, North Carolina, UCF, West Virginia, and Louisville.

[pic - click to view]

Herb Throwin Up the U
 5 years ago '06        #10024
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245
Love or hate The U?

Recruits from across the country offer a glimpse of how prospects feel about Miami

The University of Miami football program might be going through some hard times, but there's always something about The U that resonates with high school prospects in Florida and across the nation.

Whether it's the team running through the smoke or the claim that the program "invented swagger," everyone knows about the Miami Hurricanes and has an opinion.

So we asked several prospects, some with ties to Miami and others with none, whether they love or hate the Hurricanes:

ESPNU 150 QB Chad Kelly, Buffalo (N.Y.) St. Joseph's
College: Clemson
"My uncle [Jim Kelly] played there, and [the program] produced tons of great NFL players. There's a little love and hate but full respect."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Three-star James Brooks, WR, Groveland (Fla.) South Lake
College: Undecided
"I would love to have an offer from Miami, and I hate that I don't. I think they have a great program with phenomenal athletes."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Three-star WR Drico Johnson, Orlando (Fla.) Agape Christian
College: Central Florida
"I love the Hurricanes; I grew up watching them. They didn't really go after me and I'm very happy with UCF, but I still have love for Miami."
ESPNU 150 OL Jessamen Dunker, Boynton Beach (Fla.) High School
College: Florida
"Hate. They are Gator bait!"
Four-star CB Christopher Bivins, Gainesville (Fla.) High School
College: South Florida
"I love the Hurricanes. They represent swagger, championships and greatness."
Three-star RB Roshard Burney, West Palm Beach (Fla.) Palm Beach Gardens
"I have been a Miami Hurricanes fan ever since I was little. I still love them."
Four-star CB Donaldven Manning, Miami Central
College: Virginia Tech
"I definitely don't love Miami, but I don't hate them, either. I can't wait to compete against them."
Four-star OLB James Burgess Jr., Homestead (Fla.) South Dade
College: Miami
"You know I love the Miami Hurricanes. It's family, tradition, swagger and a future in the NFL."
Three-star RB Jamie Gilmore, Citra (Fla.) North Marion
"I love the history of the program with all the championships, but I hate the bad publicity they are receiving right now."
ESPNU 150 DE Dante Fowler, St. Petersburg (Fla.) Lakewood
College: Florida State
"A little bit of both."
Three-star S Rayshawn Jenkins St. Petersburg (Fla.) Admiral Farragut
College: South Florida
"I love the Hurricanes even though they are going through a lot of stuff right now. They just have so much tradition that you can't stop loving the program."
ESPNU 150 WR Cayleb Jones, Austin (Texas) Stephen F. Austin
College: Texas
"I'll always have love for The U. It's a great program that is going through a tough time and negative publicity from bad choices. They will bounce back."
 5 years ago '05        #10025
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,688 | Props total: 3796 3796
i dreamed about miami last night yall was up 14-0 at half on OSU.....then i closed my dream because i hated seeing yall winning
 5 years ago '05        #10026
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290

[pic - click to view]

gameday fellas, stuck at work til 2pm, then straight to the stadium for some tailgating

lets gett it, cheahhh :dancingcool:
 5 years ago '07        #10027
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
GameDAY

Lets fu*kin Go
 5 years ago '04        #10028
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
damn i'm that I'm not in Miami ....... and to top it off i'm gonna miss the game cuz ill be at work.

Either way, it seems everytime I miss the games, Miami wins
 09-17-2011, 11:08 PM         #10029
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Morris better be starting these next 2 games

Golden don't wanna throw the ball with Harris in
 5 years ago '05        #10030
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
we had a stripper pole at our tailgate, got videos toooo

ima upload
 5 years ago '04        #10031
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,798 | Props total: 1401 1401
 Cheeze said:
Morris better be starting these next 2 games

Golden don't wanna throw the ball with Harris in
man morris couldn't even get us to beat maryland. As bad as the 2 Jacory int's were...he made several other smart plays for us.

Golden knows what he's doing.
 5 years ago '07        #10032
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
jacory actually made the right reads on them throws just pulled the trigger late as a mothafu*ka smh

He had some rust on em i guess

Oh well got the W and FSU loss
 5 years ago '04        #10033
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
jacory actually made the right reads on them throws just pulled the trigger late as a mothafu*ka smh

He had some rust on em i guess

Oh well got the W and FSU loss
word.
 5 years ago '04        #10034
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #10035
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 597 597
Real good win fellas, needed this in the worse way. Im about to go to work talking mad sh*t.
 5 years ago '07        #10036
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,219 | Props total: 7 7
Full game here

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[code]http://www.fileserve.com/file/Tr8Aays
http://www.fileserve.com/file/wKxMKws
or
http://www.wupload.com/file/188387885
http://www.wupload.com/file/188315729
[/code]

Last edited by KingOnSlaught; 09-18-2011 at 11:46 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #10037
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Fun win, told yall Basuerman was trash

Jacory gotta stop bullsh*ttin with some of those throws tho, hope its just rust. He singlehandley kept them in the game

And that fu*king running game, Im loving the carries for Miller/James
 5 years ago '04        #10038
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
next 2 games should be easy W's and give miller some rest, he's been toting the rock heavy the past 2 games.
 5 years ago '04        #10039
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Golden Post Game

5 years ago '05        #10040
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy