Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
122 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Slim Jesus Current State of Life
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kidd Kidd EXPOSES Lil Wayne's Ghostwriters & SLAMS Him For His Black Li..
63 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #981
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
DT gets Wilfork comparison, wants to be a Cane

[pic - click to view]

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas High School DT Christopher Overstreet is an imposing figure at 6-foot-2 and 350-plus pounds.

He has a quick first step and already lists offers from Auburn, UCF and Indiana.

"I'm expecting an offer from Florida to come this week," he says.

Overstreet is getting regular recruiting mail from the Hurricanes.

"I've been talking to coaches down there," he said. "Coaches said they really like me, like my playing style because they always compare me to Vince Wilfork. They're interested in me, are going to be out there to check me out in the spring. They like me, I have good grades, but they want to see me in person in the spring. Hopefully I get that offer in early spring."

He says, if he gets the Cane offer, "Within a week most likely I'd commit to them."

Overstreet grew up a Hurricane fan.

"That's my top school right now," he said. "They really stand out. I've always wanted to go there. They're known for great defensive linemen, have a great program. I would love to go there if I could."

Last year Overstreet had 35 tackles and five sacks. He's a three-year starter.

What is he looking for in a college?

"Mainly just education, great coaches and a great environment for me," he said.

He adds of UM that, "I know they produce great defensive linemen like Warren Sapp, Jerome McDougle, Vince Wilfork. They've all been in the program. I want to be part of that."

Overstreet wore a Miami hat to a recent Junior Day event at Oakland Park (FL) Northeast High School.

"I'm just making a statement that `This is where I want to go,'" he said.
 02-20-2007, 11:50 AM         #982
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
YES! Hankerson made it! Hes the best WR in this class and will be the best one we have in two years. n*gga is raw
 10 years ago '04        #983
elferoz 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$1,222 | Props total: 0 0
why did miami stop recruiting noel devine?
 10 years ago '04        #984
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 elferoz said:
why did miami stop recruiting noel devine?
No grades and too many problems i think.

everybody except for FSU and WVU stopped recruiting him hard.
 10 years ago '06        #985
FullTimeHustla 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,642 | Props total: 1 1
 RakimAllahNY said:
YES! Hankerson made it! Hes the best WR in this class and will be the best one we have in two years. n*gga is raw
you think hes gonna be better than Jermaine McKenzie???
and can some please explain to me the Kayne Farquharson situation ??
 10 years ago '04        #986
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 FullTimeHustla said:
i think he will be better than McKenzie, but i think McKenzie will be pretty good as well.

Hankerson is a legit 6-3/200 lbs already coming in, he comes from a program(STA)that is known for having they're players prepared for the college game..not to mention he was coached by Chris Carter. really cant get much better than him to learn from.

McKenzie is 6-2/170 lbs, body type wise reminds me of Lamar Thomas, has good speed(4.41) and moves well in space. his hands are also pretty good.

i think both of them can succeed here

but Kayne's situation is nothing, he just needs to finish up a couple of classes at Miami-Dade CC and he will be here in the summer instead of the spring like he intended.
 10 years ago '04        #987
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 FullTimeHustla said:
kayne has to complete a few more community college courses, he should be enrolled during the summer and ready for fall practice
 10 years ago '06        #988
space
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:

but Kayne's situation is nothing, he just needs to finish up a couple of classes at Miami-Dade CC and he will be here in the summer instead of the spring like he intended.
THANK GOODNESS, I WAS GETTING SHOOK, WHERE DO YOU THINK KAYNE WILL RANK BETWEEN THOSE OTHER TWO, JUST TRYING TO GET OPINIONS BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW HOW THEY WILL COME OUT
 10 years ago '06        #989
space
space
space
stayin alive
 02-21-2007, 12:04 PM         #990
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
DT gets Wilfork comparison, wants to be a Cane

[pic - click to view]

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas High School DT Christopher Overstreet is an imposing figure at 6-foot-2 and 350-plus pounds.

He has a quick first step and already lists offers from Auburn, UCF and Indiana.

"I'm expecting an offer from Florida to come this week," he says.

Overstreet is getting regular recruiting mail from the Hurricanes.

"I've been talking to coaches down there," he said. "Coaches said they really like me, like my playing style because they always compare me to Vince Wilfork. They're interested in me, are going to be out there to check me out in the spring. They like me, I have good grades, but they want to see me in person in the spring. Hopefully I get that offer in early spring."

He says, if he gets the Cane offer, "Within a week most likely I'd commit to them."

Overstreet grew up a Hurricane fan.

"That's my top school right now," he said. "They really stand out. I've always wanted to go there. They're known for great defensive linemen, have a great program. I would love to go there if I could."

Last year Overstreet had 35 tackles and five sacks. He's a three-year starter.

What is he looking for in a college?

"Mainly just education, great coaches and a great environment for me," he said.

He adds of UM that, "I know they produce great defensive linemen like Warren Sapp, Jerome McDougle, Vince Wilfork. They've all been in the program. I want to be part of that."

Overstreet wore a Miami hat to a recent Junior Day event at Oakland Park (FL) Northeast High School.

"I'm just making a statement that `This is where I want to go,'" he said.
good article
 10 years ago '04        #991
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
LOCAL ROUNDUP
Shannon fills UM staffRandy Shannon has officially finished a.ssembling his coaching staff at the University of Miami.

On Monday, Shannon announced the hiring of former Hurricanes All-American linebacker Micheal Barrow as linebackers coach and Wesley McGriff as the secondary coach.

And as most expected, Tim Walton, the team's defensive backs coach the past three seasons, was promoted to defensive coordinator.

''We have a great teachers on the coaching staff,'' Shannon said in a statement released by the school. ``They are energetic and will be able to a.ssist and direct the players we have to better themselves on and off the field with a championship mentality.''

Barrow, 36, served as defensive coordinator at Homestead High, his alma mater, this past season. At UM, he stood out on two national championship teams before playing 13 seasons in the NFL.

McGriff, 39, is known best for his recruiting. McGriff spent a few weeks on the staff at Kansas State before bolting for UM. Before that, he spent four years at Baylor as recruiting coordinator and cornerbacks coach.

In other UM news, cornerback Glenn Sharpe was granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA. During his career, Sharpe -- a freshman the 2002 season that UM played Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl -- sustained torn anterior cruciate ligaments of both knees and another knee injury that required arthroscopic surgery.
 10 years ago '04        #992
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Damn Glenn Sharpe was given another season?? sh*t.... that's tight.
 10 years ago '04        #993
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
it seem like Sharpe has been here for damn 10 years already lol....but nah he's close he been here 6 years.
 02-22-2007, 01:06 PM         #994
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 22, 2007

Gary Fermain, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Miami Northwestern High School WR Tommy Streeter didn't have much trouble listing a top three at a recent Junior Day event.

Miami, Florida and USC rounded out the top three spots of a questionnaire he filled out.

But Streeter says not to read into that.

"I have no one higher than anyone else," he said. "I have medium interest in all of my schools."

What will he do to narrow things down?

"I'm looking for who is growing and developing as a program, whose education is higher, who is graduating the most athletes," he said.

Of what he knows about the nearby Canes, Streeter says, "They send me letters about the program. I have an interest in television production, so I'm looking for schools that rank highly in the nation in television production as well as athletics and football."

Last year Streeter had 57 receptions for 804 yards and 14 touchdowns.

At 6-foot-4 and 190 pounds, Streeter
says "People tell me what type of offense I fit into in college, and a lot of people say `Oh, you fit in nicely at USC. They have big, physical receivers that go get the ball.' They tell me stuff like that."

Some of Streeter's teammates already have Miami offers, and he says all of the top senior talent at Northwestern would like to stay together in college.

"We all stick together," he said. "Everybody wants to stay together to push each other, motivate each other at the next level. We all already know what it takes to win a championship. We already know we can take that to the next level and possibly win a national championship in college."

Streeter hasn't received any college scholarship offers yet but says he expects them once he takes the SAT. He lists a 3.5 grade-point average.
 02-22-2007, 01:07 PM         #995
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 22, 2007

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central High School WR Travis Benjamin watched teammate and friend Deonte Thompson choose the Gators over UM and FSU on signing day.

And now Benjamin, who had 30 receptions for over 700 yards with 15 touchdowns last year, hopes to have similar options.

He lists the Big 3 in Florida as his top three right now. He is getting recruiting mail from all three schools but has yet to be offered scholarships.

"I'll be staying in Florida,' said Benjamin, a 6-foot-0, 170-pounder. "Everyone's even right now."

Benjamin learned from the recruitment of several of his high profile teammates, including Hurricane signee Damien Berry.

"They talk to me and tell me how things go," Benjamin said. "I've learned a lot of things -- they told me don't let it go to your head and be your normal self. A lot of recruits let the attention get to them."

Of UM, he says, "I went down with Deonte for an unofficial visit and they were showing me around. I want a good academic school, want to learn and get my education."

Benjamin says his playing style is compared to Carolina Panthers receiver Steve Smith.

"I'm explosive like him," Benjamin says.
 02-22-2007, 01:53 PM         #996
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
it seem like Sharpe has been here for damn 10 years already lol....but nah he's close he been here 6 years.
He needs to do something to shake the one memory I have of him.....which is getting that PI flag thrown on him in the 03 Fiesta Bowl.
 02-22-2007, 06:03 PM         #997
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 22, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room

Wide receiver Rashaun Jones and defensive end Rhyan Anderson will not be on the University of Miami's team this year.

Jones finished last year with 10 catches for 58 yards, spending part of the season off the team due to academic reasons. His best game was against Duke, when he saw extended action due to suspensions of other players and had six catches for 36 yards.

Jones signed with Miami out of Lake City (Fla.) Columbia High School in 2004 as a defensive back. He played the final four games that year on special teams and scored a touchdown against Wake Forest, recovering a blocked punt by Sinorice Moss in the end zone.

As a sophomore in 2005 he spent most of his time on special teams He had one tackle and returned two punts for minus-two yards. He moved to wide receiver last year but never was able to make an impact.

At Columbia High he was rated the nation's No. 30 cornerback prospect by Rivals.com. As a senior he had a school-record eight interceptions along with 19 passes broken up. As a receiver he had 21 catches for 390 yards.

Anderson arrived at UM as the top-rated player in Wisconsin -- he was ranked the nation's No. 51 overall prospect regardless of position out of Oak Creek (WI) High School.

But he never panned out at Miami.

He had one tackle last year as a sophomore.

He redshirted in 2004, then played in eight games in 2005 and had eight tackles with a sack.

It's a far cry from his monster senior year of high school when he had 27 sacks and 118 tackles.
 10 years ago '04        #998
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
Over the past 10 drafts (1997-2006), 2,522 players have been drafted from 243 different schools. Fourteen schools have had 38 or more players selected in that time frame:

1. Miami (Fla.), 67
t2. Florida State, 66
t2. Ohio State, 66
4. Tennessee, 61
5. Georgia, 54
6. Florida, 53
7. Nebraska, 52
t8. Southern Cal, 45
t8. Virginia Tech, 45
t10. Michigan, 43
t10. Wisconsin, 43
12. LSU, 40
13. Oklahoma, 39
14. Arizona State, 38

In the past 10 drafts, there have been players from 43 different schools selected in the top 10 picks. Texas has the most with nine, followed by Florida State and Miami with seven apiece.

If you choose to weigh the higher draft picks, you change the results somewhat. If you take those picks and a.ssign a value as follows:
First 10 picks in draft -- 6 points
Next 20 (11-30) -- 5 points
Next 30 (31-60) -- 4 points
Next 40 (61-100) -- 3 points
Next 50 (101-150) -- 2 points
Pick 151 to end of draft -- 1 point
Then you're left with the following list:

1. Miami -- 67 players, 226 points
2. Florida State -- 66 players, 212 points
3. Ohio State -- 66 players, 193 points
4. Tennessee -- 61 players, 163 points
5. Florida -- 53 players, 161 points
6. Georgia -- 54 players, 153 points
7. Nebraska -- 52 players, 125 points
8. Michigan -- 42 players, 116 points
9. Texas -- 33 players, 112 points
10. Oklahoma -- 39 players, 111 points
11. Wisconsin -- 43 players, 109 points
12. LSU -- 40 players, 104 points
13. Virginia Tech -- 45 players, 103 points
14. Penn State -- 34 players, 102 points
 10 years ago '04        #999
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 RakimAllahNY said:
February 22, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room

Wide receiver Rashaun Jones and defensive end Rhyan Anderson will not be on the University of Miami's team this year.

Jones finished last year with 10 catches for 58 yards, spending part of the season off the team due to academic reasons. His best game was against Duke, when he saw extended action due to suspensions of other players and had six catches for 36 yards.

Jones signed with Miami out of Lake City (Fla.) Columbia High School in 2004 as a defensive back. He played the final four games that year on special teams and scored a touchdown against Wake Forest, recovering a blocked punt by Sinorice Moss in the end zone.

As a sophomore in 2005 he spent most of his time on special teams He had one tackle and returned two punts for minus-two yards. He moved to wide receiver last year but never was able to make an impact.

At Columbia High he was rated the nation's No. 30 cornerback prospect by Rivals.com. As a senior he had a school-record eight interceptions along with 19 passes broken up. As a receiver he had 21 catches for 390 yards.

Anderson arrived at UM as the top-rated player in Wisconsin -- he was ranked the nation's No. 51 overall prospect regardless of position out of Oak Creek (WI) High School.

He redshirted in 2004, then played in eight games in 2005 and had eight tackles with a sack.

It's a far cry from his monster senior year of high school when he had 27 sacks and 118 tackles.
good, that frees up two more scholarships for the top recruiting class in the nation in 2008

EDIT: 1000+post thread fellas, lets keep this thang goin

Last edited by madness; 02-23-2007 at 11:00 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #1000
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
February 22, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

I don't even know why mid western linebackers go down there in the first place. These n*ggas is mad slow in the first place... they can't catch up with us. Wisconsin and Nebraska are good in lineman just because they be eating mad corn and they're huge but they ain't got no running skills whatsoever.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
150 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
31 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
131 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
178 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy