Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Mulann Milla: I Knocked Young MA Out When We Fought! (Young MA Is Fakin..
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Zombie Pr0stitute & 10 Others Arrested for Pr0stitution (Myrtle Be..
67 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA This Nigga still can't produce a Son
82 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Biggest Disappointment So Far in the East?
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #81
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,797 | Props total: 1400 1400
theres a dude on Canesport thats knows DVD and post anything important, Gators were always more of an Threat for DVD than OSU, he said he wanted to play near home.

and he will be a Cane Regardless
 09-26-2006, 08:02 PM         #82
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
really Y2luda ???

you have multiple d backs in the top 10 that are going to ohio next year ??

10 years ago '05        #83
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 3 3
 C.R.I.P. said:
theres a dude on Canesport thats knows DVD and post anything important, Gators were always more of an Threat for DVD than OSU, he said he wanted to play near home.

and he will be a Cane Regardless
That is well and good, and I agree they always were more of a thread, but did he ever tell you why?

My theory, based on the information I got, was that Ohio State never pursued him very hard given what they had on the board and how they were sitting with prospects.

Take it for what it's worth. Basically what I was told, by a VERY reliable source, was that "had OSU went after DVD before he verballed to Miami, he would more than likely be a Buckeye."

There is a reason why we were mentioned in the same breathe with Florida on this most recent update even though we haven't made contact with him whatsoever.......
 10 years ago '05        #84
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 P DEDOS 954 said:
really Y2luda ???

you have multiple d backs in the top 10 that are going to ohio next year ??

We actually have FOUR Dbacks either rated as high or higher right now.....nice try though.
 10 years ago '04        #85
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
thats fine and well i could understand that....

What do you think yall's chances with Leonard Hankerson and Major Wright are??

i like our chances with them but with Chris Carter on the STA staff...you just never know.
 10 years ago '05        #86
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
thats fine and well i could understand that....

What do you think yall's chances with Leonard Hankerson and Major Wright are??

i like our chances with them but with Chris Carter on the STA staff...you just never know.
VERY slim on Major Wright. We were never in THAT much to begin with and now that we got Rivals #2 saftey in Eugene Clifford aboard, along with the other verbals.......VERY SLIM.

Still in it for Leonard, but again a bit of a long shot. I wouldn't discredit us in this one though until he verbals elsewhere.
 09-26-2006, 08:07 PM         #87
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
We actually have FOUR Dbacks either rated as high or higher right now.....nice try though.

nice try ???

the fu*k you talking about ... im asking you cuz you said that there wont be room for him... damn you got 4 d backs rated higher than DVD... wowzers
 10 years ago '04        #88
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
actually DVD isnt even listed as an CB he is listed as an ATH, so nobody knows where he would techinically rank with other CB's.
 10 years ago '05        #89
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 P DEDOS 954 said:
nice try ???

the fu*k you talking about ... im asking you cuz you said that there wont be room for him... damn you got 4 d backs rated higher than DVD... wowzers
I thought, based on the smilie you used, were trying to be smart. I apologize.

C.R.I.P. said:
actually DVD isnt even listed as an CB he is listed as an ATH, so nobody knows where he would techinically rank with other CB's.
They still a.ssign an overall rating to them, and his is 5.8 I believe.

We have:

Evege 5.8
Clifford 6.0
Oliver 5.9
Torrence 5.8
 10 years ago '04        #90
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Yeah but nobody knows if/how they evaluated DVD's CB skills since they listed him as an ATH

The new ranking system that is being introduced ranks prospects on a numerical scale from 6.1-4.9.

6.1 Franchise Player; considered one of the elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation's top 25 players overall; deemed to have excellent pro potential; high-major prospect

6.0-5.8 All-American Candidate; high-major prospect; considered one of the nation's top 200 prospects; deemed to have pro potential and ability to make an impact on college team

5.7-5.5 All-Region Selection; considered among the region's top prospects and among the top 500 or so prospects in the country; high-to-mid-major prospect; deemed to have pro potential and ability to make an impact on college team

5.4-5.0 Division I prospect; considered a mid-major prospect; deemed to have limited pro potential but definite Division I prospect; may be more of a role player

4.9 Sleeper; no Rivals.com expert knew much, if anything, about this player; a prospect that only a college coach really knew about
 10 years ago '04        #91
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Yo Rakim, I need you to hit up an thread on Canesport...its in the Storm Center titled Possible Committ..than hit me up with some details
 10 years ago '04        #92
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Old Article on Kayne Farquharson...Kid just Breath's Old Skool Cane.

Confidence level high for Cane WR commitment

By Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine – Rivals.com

El Camino, Calif., Junior College WR Kayne Farquharson never played high school football.

He only has a little over a year of junior college experience under his belt.

But as a Cane commitment and pre-season Junior College All-American pick, he's on Cloud 9.

ADVERTISEMENT

And he has high expectations for himself and the Canes of the future.

A sample:

"This is going to be one of the best classes in Miami history," Farquharson says.

"Says who?" the reporter asks.

"Says Kayne," is the answer.

"Because you're in the class?" is the follow-up question.

"That's one of the reasons," he says.

Where does the confidence come from?

"I don't know -- it's that old Hurricane confidence," Farquharson says. "The Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, that old U confidence. You can't teach it, you have to have it.

"They're trying to get some of the best guys in the nation, so they don't know how it'll play out."

Farquharson says he's speaking with receivers coach Marquis Mosely on a weekly basis.

"We chat about life and everything else," Farquharson says.

The receiver is in summer school, taking two classes. He says he'll take four classes in the fall and that should make him eligible for admission at Miami.

"It's just about staying focused, knowing what I have to do," he says. "It's just keeping me on the right track."

With his lack of experience, there's some concern that Farquharson will have a steep learning curve.

He's asked about that, and the confidence pops up again.

"It's like the back of my hand," he says. "I know the game. I just didn't have a lot of experience in it. When it comes down to basics -- blocking, running routes, catching balls, running after the catch -- it's just natural for me."
 09-26-2006, 09:13 PM         #93
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
Yo Rakim, I need you to hit up an thread on Canesport...its in the Storm Center titled Possible Committ..than hit me up with some details

Just read thru it no one knows yet. Everyone is saying there gonna keep the ears open but no one knows yet.. They doubt its the DT cause he said hes not gonna commit till the end
 10 years ago '04        #94
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
appreciate it
 10 years ago '05        #95
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
Yeah but nobody knows if/how they evaluated DVD's CB skills since they listed him as an ATH
Let's think about that for a minute. Do you think they but him at ATH, and a 5.8, if he's be a 5.9 or higher at another position?

Very much doubt that.
 10 years ago '04        #96
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
QB Nick Fanuzzi: 3 Star QB on Rivals/4 Star on Scout *Committed*

And he was recently selected for the U.S. Army All-American Game

Video
 09-27-2006, 02:33 PM         #97
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
QB Nick Fanuzzi: 3 Star QB on Rivals/4 Star on Scout *Committed*

And he was recently selected for the U.S. Army All-American Game

Video
possible starter after kyle wright next year huh

nice vid... good looks fam
 10 years ago '04        #98
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
First Texans named to Army game

SAN ANTONIO –Monday afternoon at a pep rally at San Antonio (Tx.) Churchill the first two prospects from the state of Texas were announced as members of the West team for the U.S. Army All-American game, held in San Antonio in January.

SAN ANTONIO –Monday afternoon at a pep rally at San Antonio (Tx.) Churchill the first two prospects from the state of Texas were announced as members of the West team for the U.S. Army All-American game, held in San Antonio in January.
Quarterback Nick Fanuzzi and his favorite target, tight end Ian Harris were the first Texans added to the roster. Generally, the game tries to include at least one San Antonio prospect, however, it’s rare to have two from the same school in San Antonio named to the team. It’s considered a very good year in San Antonio and Harris and Fanuzzi are two of the area’s best

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Stats(Through 4 Games)

Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

36 73 49.3% 543 3 3

53 Car 274 yds 5.2 YPC 4 TD

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 09-27-2006 at 03:49 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #99
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
fanuzzi looks nice
 09-27-2006, 04:43 PM         #100
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 27, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Hurricane center Anthony Wollschlager is a senior leader.

And he has a good sense of the heartbeat of this team.

"We're just getting ready to get back out there, get to work, put the past behind us," he said. "We're coming off a real good bye week and are ready to go."

Wollschlager says he hasn't had a hard time blocking out the negativity surrounding the program after a 1-2 start to the year.

"I don't read the papers too much, don't watch too much of the local news and stuff like that," he said. "So I don't surround myself with it. It's here and there, but you have to set that aside and really focus on our goals and go from that on, don't listen to too many people from the outside."

Of course, Wollschlager knows coach Larry Coker is very much on the hot seat.

He's asked if the criticism of Coker is fair.

"It comes with the job," Wollschlager said. "A lot of people are going to be out there -- who is on the hot seat? Who is doing well, who is doing badly? You can't control that unless you're playing perfect, and a lot of teams don't play perfect. You jut take it with a grain of salt.

"You always want to win a national championship, shoot for as high as you can. But still there's everything on the table left for us – we can attain an ACC Championship, go to a BCS bowl game. But for us to attain that we have to take it one game at a time. That's what guys are stressing."

With Coker's job on the line if the team doesn't right itself, Wollschlager is asked if that makes him want to play harder.

"Every game I play with heart, as hard as I can," Wollschlager said. "This makes no difference that he's in a tough spot with a lot of the lights on him. I think it adds a little bit, but to say `Play even harder,' there are a lot of guys playing really hard."

If Miami is going to turn things around, a start will be producing on offense in the second half. The team hasn't scored a second half point in the losses this year.

Asked if there have been a lot of changes made at halftime, Wollschlager said, "Not really, just tweaking things to what defenses have given us, not changing the game plan totally. At halftime we talk about what went wrong, what we did well, different blitzes, summarizing the first half and game planning for the second half.

"The second half, the two DI teams we've played we haven't done well at all in the second half. What that problem is, there's speculation it's this or that. We just have to come out fired up. We come out of the locker room not as fired up as in the beginning. Both FSU and Louisville we came out swinging (at the start of the game) but then trickled off. In the past we've had slow starts and then came around later on. Now it's more out with a bang first go and then diminish from there. We have to figure out some way to come out swinging and keep swinging all the way through. I can't say I've exactly figured it out. It's a number of factors. It's just the mental toughness of the team in general going into halftime. You have a missed field goal, a fumble, and guys are going `Come on.' You're only down a couple of points. The second half is a whole new ballgame."

Finishing is being stressed this week.

"Finish on every aspect of the game – on every single play you need to finish," Wollschlager said. "You can't get ahead of yourself. You need to finish every single time. The minute you start looking ahead to the next play, the second quarter, what you're trying to do gets away from you. You have to concentrate on finishing one task at a time."

* Of having Reggie Youngblood and Tyrone Byrd back healthy for this weekend's game, Wollschlager said, "We kind of fool around with them because they're both from Texas. Playing Houston, we're like `How convenient. We're playing the hometown team and you guys are coming back. The fourth game into the season, how convenient.'

"But those guys are very critical to the offensive line success and to the team success. Those guys are two starters, really. Chris Rutledge and Jason Fox right now are doing a real good job. But when (Youngblood and Byrd) got hurt they were starters. For them coming back, it adds depth, adds morale. We've got our guys back. We have everybody going into battle together and we're ready to go."
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
162 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
230 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
158 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
71 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
67 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
60 comments
22 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy