Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
150 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kidd Kidd EXPOSES Lil Wayne's Ghostwriters & SLAMS Him For His Black Li..
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #9861
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
August 22, 2011

An adviser for Wichita football players Arthur and Bryce Brown said his meeting with a booster at the middle of a scandal at the University of Miami had nothing to do with recruiting.

Brian Butler appeared on KAKE Sports Overtime Live Sunday night.

A Yahoo Sports! investigation revealed booster Nevin Shapiro provided improper benefits to 72 Miami athletes and recruits, including Arthur and Bryce Brown.

Buter admitted he and Brown's parents received hotel rooms from Shapiro when they were in town to see the Miami spring football game. Arthur and Bryce attended a lunch meeting with Shapiro, but Butler said the meeting was not about recruiting Bryce, who was one of the top high school football players at the time.

Butler said he did not know what Shapiro wanted to meet about, and it was his only meeting with the booster.

Arthur & Bryce Brown are preparing to play at Kansas State. KSU officials released a statement saying the NCAA had no concerns about the Brown's eligibility.

5 years ago '05        #9862
stillsouf 
space
space
$919 | Props total: 6 6
From 7/5/11...

The Lefty said:
Any truth to the rumors about FSU being in trouble with the NCAA over the recruitment of Lamarcus Joyner?
 C.R.I.P. said:
There are rumblings out there that FSU is next on the Yahoo Sports/ NCAA list.
 canesin2099 said:
St Boobah ain't there to protect free shoes U anymore. Let the scholies hit the floor.

:banana:

Junior G said:
it's ova for UUUUUUUUUU

Last edited by stillsouf; 08-23-2011 at 07:53 AM..
 08-23-2011, 03:17 PM         #9863
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Father of Sam Shields calls Nevin Shapiro’s allegations ’a bunch of crap’

Aug/23/11 08:25 AM Filed in: Sam Shields
MIAMI — Former University of Miami cornerback Sam Shields isn’t talking. But his dad is plenty mad. And so are other parents.

Samuel Shields called the allegations by convicted felon Nevin Shapiro "a bunch of crap" on Friday when reached by The Miami Herald, and criticized the university for not doing more to prevent Shapiro from infiltrating the Hurricanes program.

Shapiro alleged that he gave Shields’ son, Sam, now with the Green Bay Packers, a 42-inch Toshiba flat-screen TV, drinks and VIP access in nightclubs, as well as food, drinks and entertainment at Shapiro’s $6 million Miami Beach mansion.

"It’s definitely bad for the school, and I know for the administration it should be even worse," Samuel Shields said.

"He was a booster for, what, 10 years? The administration should have known a whole bunch of stuff, compliance should have known a whole bunch of stuff. If Sam sneezed over there they’d throw him out. They threw him under the bus so many times."

On Thursday, Shields was briefly in the locker room and addressed the allegations to reporters.

"They contacted me," Shields said of Yahoo! [YHOO] Sports. "But I just told them that I didn’t want to get into that right now. I’m just focusing on the Packers right now."

His dad said he doubted his son took the TV.

"I doubt a 42-inch TV was in his dorm room," he said.

Of Shapiro, Samuel Shields said, "That little guy needs to be where he’s at. And I hope he doesn’t run into any Miami fans in the penitentiary. He needs to be isolated."

As for Sam, his father said he didn’t have time for such nonsense. "He’s working on another Super Bowl," he said.

Former UM running back Graig Cooper, now with the Philadelphia Eagles, was alleged by Shapiro to have lodged on his $1.6 million yacht for four days in January of 2007 — the same time Cooper arrived in Miami from Milford (N.Y.) Prep.

Shapiro also said he provided food, drinks and entertainment for Cooper at Lucky Strike Lanes during the same month, and transportation in Shapiro’s car.

"If you come in town, enroll in school, meet some friends and they say, ’Let’s go hang out at the bowling alley,’ nine out of 10 times you’re going to hang out with them," said Cooper’s father, Tino Thomas. "How did he know my son? He didn’t because he had just arrived. Somebody had to bring Graig to him.

"The real question is, why isn’t anybody asking something about the president at the University of Miami? They have a picture of her taking money from him. I know it’s a donation, but she’s getting money in that same bowling alley.

"Everybody is caught up with the players and this and that. But the president was at that same bowling alley where a lot of stuff was going on. She should have known.

"These kids are 18 and 19 years old, but the one they needed to get off the field was (Nevin Shapiro). He looked like a 35-year-old kid. I tell everybody, if somebody tries to do something for you, there’s always a price to pay, because in the long run they think you owe them."

Former UM great Alonzo Highsmith, the father of safety A.J. Highsmith (who is not implicated), told The Miami Herald on Friday that he was considering suing the NCAA on behalf of parents.

"Here’s the issue I have with this whole thing," Highsmith said. "In NCAA football, why do we punish so many people for the actions of a few? These athletic programs and football programs are people’s livelihoods. Kids commit to these colleges so they can get an education, win national championships and play in bowl games. And you’re going to take all of that away from them because of the actions of a few people?

"I question a lot of things in this Yahoo! [YHOO] investigation. My thing is, don’t show me pictures you took with kids. Don’t show me a receipt. Show me evidence. . . . You took some pictures with former players. So what?

"You know how many times these kids pose for pictures with random people on the street? You’re going to convict 80 other kids because of what happened five, six, seven years ago?

"They were in junior high when this was going on. Now they pay a price while everyone lives a good life?"
 08-23-2011, 04:10 PM         #9864
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Allen Bailey Comments On Nevin Shapiro

Aug/23/11 08:25 AM Filed in: Allen Bailey
Chiefs rookie defensive lineman Allen Bailey, a third-round draft pick from Miami, shed little insight on the football program that has been rocked by allegations of NCAA violations involving a booster, Nevin Shapiro.

“I really don’t know what’s going on there right now, but I still take pride in everything I did down there,” said Bailey, who has been impressive in preseason in the Chiefs’ nickel defense and on special teams.

Asked whether he had any dealings with Shapiro, Bailey said: “I was a freshman. As a freshman, you’re not paying attention … I never really saw him.”

Bailey said he was never offered anything by Shapiro.
 5 years ago '04        #9865
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Alonzo Highsmith speaking that pure truth right there
 5 years ago '05        #9866
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,690 | Props total: 3800 3800
lol @ thinkin yall can get at us.....we runnin a clean program down in Tally....and Joyner was an easy pull, he grew up a Nole fan, he just wanted to go through the recruiting process. Joyner probably offered us sh*t to get a scholly
 5 years ago '04        #9867
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Junior G said:
lol @ thinkin yall can get at us.....we runnin a clean program down in Tally....and Joyner was an easy pull, he grew up a Nole fan, he just wanted to go through the recruiting process. Joyner probably offered us sh*t to get a scholly
nobody is running a clean ship nowadays, you must be outta your mind to think that. Even sh*tty schools like Georgia Tech are cutting corners... in this DNA it's necessary especially when the SEC is treating this recruiting sh*t like a subdivision of the NFL, paying for recruits and what not; all it matters is who gets caught and when

Joyner was definitely an easy pull for y'all, he was a nole since birth, no doubt about that.
 08-23-2011, 05:15 PM         #9868
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
don't forget about UCF
 5 years ago '05        #9869
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
rumor going on that jacory and travis benjamin cleared ?

5 years ago '07        #9870
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
I really dont care bout the allegations against offensive players

Our defense is what cant handle n*ggas being ineligible
 5 years ago '05        #9871
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
I really dont care bout the allegations against offensive players

Our defense is what cant handle n*ggas being ineligible
yea i know, while i dont really care if jacory or stephen morris start

losing spence, ray ray and telemaque, marcus, olivier, dye
 5 years ago '07        #9872
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Dye is on offense

Spence, VT, Vernon are huge

Spence especially with Perryman in a walking boot

I think crawford can hold it down at the other safety spot.....

We get the right players ruled eligible on defense we are a fu*king sleeper team
 5 years ago '07        #9873
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Manny Navaro just tweeted we might be naming players under investigation ineligible
 5 years ago '05        #9874
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
If it hasn’t already, the University of Miami is expected to declare the 12 or more football players being investigated by the NCAA ineligible within the next week if the school wants the NCAA to rule on their reinstatement in time for the season opener Sept. 5 at Maryland.
Miami also can choose to let some or all of the players participate, but if they are found to have violated NCAA rules, the university would risk stiffer penalties.
UM had not declared the players ineligible as of early Wednesday afternoon, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation.
“If those players aren’t first declared ineligible, then reinstated, before they participate and they’re found to have violated rules, the school will be in much deeper trouble,” the source said.
When asked Wednesday night if any of the football players had been ruled ineligible, UM a.ssociate athletic director for communications Chris Freet said, “We’ll announce all that as soon as we get the information.”
The NCAA needs enough time to evaluate each player’s situation individually before making a decision on whether that player must sit out a designated number of games. After UM declares the players ineligible, which is expected, it petitions the NCAA for reinstatement of those players.
They can be reinstated immediately with no penalty, which is what happened last year to Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, or they can be made to serve a one-game or multigame suspension, which is what happened when five Ohio State players were declared ineligible by the school, then told by the NCAA they would be reinstated after sitting out the first five games for receiving impermissible benefits.
UNDER INVESTIGATION
UM president Donna Shalala said Monday in a video that the university and NCAA, through a joint investigation, were reviewing the eligibility of 15 student-athletes — two more than were originally thought. At least 12 of them were football players, almost all of them starters or prominent players. The 12: quarterback Jacory Harris; defensive tackle Marcus Forston; receivers Travis Benjamin and Aldarius Johnson; safeties Ray-Ray Armstrong and Vaughn Telemaque; defensive ends Adewale Ojomo and Olivier Vernon; linebackers Sean Spence and Marcus Robinson; cornerback JoJo Nicolas; and tight end Dyron Dye.
Also alleged to have violated NCAA rules: current UM basketball player DeQuan Jones. The remaining two, and their sports, have not been revealed.
The 12 football players were alleged in a lengthy Yahoo! Sports report to have received impermissible benefits from former booster and convicted Ponzi schemer Nevin Shapiro. Among the alleged benefits were food, drinks and entertainment at Shapiro’s $6 million Miami Beach home, VIP access in nightclubs, and entertainment and food at a bowling alley in which Shapiro allegedly had a one-time “bowling-for-dollars” tournament.
Stacey Osburn, the NCAA’s a.ssociate director of public and media relations, told The Miami Herald in a phone interview that she could not comment on any specific cases, but elaborated on aspects of the process. In a reinstatement situation, any decision involves only that specific player and the facts presented. It is separate from the overall investigation of the institution, although if it is later found that a reinstatement decision is based on lies told by an athlete, the institution is subject to more severe penalties.
“The reinstatement decision regarding the student-athlete’s eligibility is completely independent of the investigative process that determines the school’s responsibility,” Osburn said. “So as soon as the facts are determined regarding the student-athlete’s involvement, then the reinstatement process can begin. The reinstatement process is likely to conclude well before the close of an investigation.”
Osburn said the NCAA enforcement staff that reviews eligibility cases for individual athletes rules on about 1,200 cases a year.
“As soon as they have all the information they need,” she said, “they prioritize the cases based on the student-athlete’s next likely missed competition.”
IT’S UP TO THE UNIVERSITY
Osburn said the school first has to decide “whether or not it is comfortable competing with that student-athlete.” If the school determines the athlete might have committed an NCAA violation, then the athlete is declared ineligible and the process of reinstatement begins.
“The school puts forward to the NCAA the set of facts regarding the violation and the student-athlete’s role and responsibility for those violations,” Osburn said. “In addition, they will put forward what we call any mitigating circumstances — any specific facts about that situation that the school believes warrants some sort of relief or lessening of the penalty. The NCAA would look at all those facts and determine the appropriate penalty.”
If the school isn’t happy with an athlete’s penalty, it can appeal to the NCAA’s student-athlete reinstatement committee — on which UM deputy athletic director Tony Hernandez serves. Hernandez would have to recuse himself in any case involving a UM player.
As for the bigger picture in an NCAA investigation of a university, the entire process by the NCAA enforcement staff can be lengthy.
“The average case takes 11 months,” Osburn said. “Other cases, six or seven months. But there have been some cases that have taken years.”
NCAA president Mark Emmert said last week that the NCAA began investigating Miami in March.

Read more:

hopefully ray ray, olivier and dye arent ineligible, the non-um players who were cleared had the exact same charges and allegations against them

bad as it sounds, might be a precaution by golden

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-24-2011 at 10:44 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #9875
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space

Ncaa gotta be the slowest investigators of all time

5 months already and they still havent made any decisions

fu*k EMMM
 5 years ago '04        #9876
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
fu*k.......... game is next week and we still don't fu*kin know whos gonna be playing or not????
 5 years ago '05        #9877
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
fu*k.......... game is next week and we still don't fu*kin know whos gonna be playing or not????
yoooo i had no idea the game was right around the corner

fu*king school and work have consumed my life i dont even know whats going on
 5 years ago '04        #9878
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
 Deeangoe said:
yoooo i had no idea the game was right around the corner

fu*king school and work have consumed my life i dont even know whats going on
It's stil about 11 days...the 5th.
 5 years ago '05        #9879
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,616 | Props total: 243 243
Miami football program is going to die before Golden even coaches a game.
 5 years ago '04        #9880
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
 Lil Jay 05 said:
Miami football program is going to die before Golden even coaches a game.
nah bro...we've been through way worse than this.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
161 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
124 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
29 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
170 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I can't believe I'm on this page right now....
44 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy