Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
217 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #SPN: Zashia Santiago
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
161 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #961
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,797 | Props total: 1400 1400
 Cap Peeler said:
datz fu*ked up

i went to school with luke.. had class with him too.. he ain't dat bad..
nah im just foolin around he's a good dude, but man...dont want to take no chances

but id rather have him on the sidelines instead of some old basketball players from UF

but anyway's here is the Full Spring Practice Schedule

Tuesday, March 6 Practice at 3:20 p.m.
Wednesday, March 7 Practice at 3:20 p.m.
Thursday, March 8 Practice at 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 20 Practice at 3:20 p.m.
Wednesday, March 21 Practice at 3:20 p.m.
Friday, March 23 Practice at 3:20 p.m. (open to media)
Saturday, March 24 Practice at 10:00 a.m. (open to media)
Tuesday, March 27 Practice at 3:20 a.m.
Wednesday, March 28 Practice at 3:20 p.m.
Friday, March 30 Scrimmage at Traz Powell Stadium (evening, time to be announced)
Tuesday, April 3 Practice at 3:20 p.m.
Wednesday, April 4 Practice at 3:20 p.m.
Thursday, April 5 Practice at 3:00 p.m.
Friday, April 6 Practice at 3:20 p.m.
Saturday, April 7 Spring game at 10:00 a.m., followed by BankUnited CanesFest
 02-16-2007, 02:09 PM         #962
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hope we got back to the offense were we throw all the damn time. I remember when we never had a 1000 yard back, we won 4 titles like that.. Dennis Erickson offense was so nice, 3 or 4 wr sets just straight k!llin n*gga's. I like our running game and our NFL RB's but that offense lead us to so many titles and big bowl games
 02-16-2007, 02:52 PM         #963
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Do any of you know anything about new uniforms this upcoming season? This is rumored.

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #964
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
those arent bad to me, but they arent it..they arent made by Nike
 10 years ago '04        #965
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
If those are the uniforms, then i ain't feelin 'em dat much^^

oo at the spring game at Traz... fu*k i would go but i'll be in school by den.. sh*t
 02-17-2007, 01:09 AM         #966
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not that bad to me

I wish I could go to a fu*kin practice :banghead:

maybe Ill visit my cousin in west palm over spring break and head over there
 02-17-2007, 11:48 AM         #967
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 17, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Delvin Hughes bio

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Clewiston (FL) High School DE Delvin Hughes dreams of being a Miami Hurricane.

"Oh man, Miami, that's my dream," he says. "Ever since I was little -- me and my brother, we had teams. He liked the Gators and I liked the Hurricanes.

"I would verbally commit if I was offered by Miami."

For now, he's waiting.

He is being recruited by Auburn, South Carolina and Florida, but has not received any mail from UM yet.

"If Miami offers I would burn all these letters up and I'd be going to Miami," he says.

Hughes has some ties to UM. His Godbrother is former Cane Alphonso Marshall, and Randy Phillips and Damien Berry are friends of the family.

"I just talked to Damien yesterday, I was telling him, `I'll be there' -- we always hang out," Hughes said.

Last year Hughes had 64 tackles and 11 sacks. He's started since his freshman year.

"He's got a great motor," Clewiston High coach Larry Antonacci said. "He's all-out all the time. He's got that `it' factor, the instinctive skill that you really can't teach."

Go into Hughes' room and you know just how die-hard a Cane fan he is.

"I have Larry Coker's picture hanging on my wall -- I know I have to replace it, but I haven't found a Randy Shannon picture yet," he says. "I also have Alphonso's bowl game jersey from the Fiesta Bowl. I have Miami hats and shirts. ... It's a Cane thing."

10 years ago '06        #968
FullTimeHustla 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,642 | Props total: 1 1
 RakimAllahNY said:

"If Miami offers I would burn all these letters up and I'd be going to Miami," he says.
:applause: :applause: :applause:
 10 years ago '04        #969
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space

and datz real
 02-17-2007, 12:15 PM         #970
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I want a video of him burning them

he knows where you go to be a star on the field
 10 years ago '04        #971
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
bump

we cant let this thread die
 02-19-2007, 05:09 PM         #972
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 19, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Coach Randy Shannon completed his 2007 coaching staff with the hiring of former Hurricanes All-American linebacker Michael Barrow as linebackers coach and Wesley McGriff as secondary coach. In addition, Tom Walton, who was the team's defensive backs coach the last three seasons, has been promoted to defensive coordinator.

"We have a great teachers on the coaching staff. They are energetic and will be able to a.ssist and direct the players we have to better themselves on and off the field with a championship mentality," said head coach Randy Shannon.

Micheal Barrow -- Barrow, 36, played for the Hurricanes from 1989-92 and was named All-America in 1992. He was the middle linebacker on national championship teams in 1989 and 1991. He was a Butkus Award runnerup in 1992 and finished seventh in Heisman Trophy voting that season. He was also the Big East Defensive Player of the Year and finished his career as the third-leading tackler in school history.

Barrow played 13 seasons in the NFL. He was a second-round draft choice of the Houston Oilers. Barrow played for the Oilers through 1996, for the Carolina Panthers in 1997-99, the New York Giants from 2000-03, Washington Redskins in 2004 and the Dallas Cowboys in 2005. He played in 173 games, making 1,133 tackles, 43 sacks and two interceptions.

After retiring, Barrow served as the defensive coordinator at Homestead High School, his alma mater, during the 2006 season.

He will coach a Miami linebacking unit that returns two starters and a plethora of experienced players. Glenn Cook started 11 games last year and Tavares Gooden was the starter at strongside linebacker. Darryl Sharpton started five of the final six games and was named third-team Freshman All-America, and Romeo Davis, has started 13 games during his career. Heralded freshman Colin McCarthy will be another player under Barrow's tutelage.

Wesley McGriff -- Considered one of the Big 12's top recruiters, McGriff comes to Miami after a few weeks on the staff at Kansas State and four years at Baylor, where he served as recruiting coordinator and cornerbacks coach under Guy Morriss. An extremely versatile coach, McGriff has mentored players on both sides of the ball during his 17-year career, including two stints as a defensive coordinator.

McGriff, 39, will have plenty to work with when he arrives at Miami as the Hurricanes secondary returns a number of players with starting experience, including cornerbacks Glenn Sharpe (12 starts) and Randy Phillips (8 starts) and safeties Kenny Phillips (10 starts) and Lovon Ponder (9 starts).
Prior to beginning his stint at Baylor in 2003, McGriff spent two seasons on Morriss' Kentucky staff, coaching the running backs during the 2001 season before returning to the defensive side of the ball as UK's cornerbacks coach for 2002. McGriff's defensive backs helped improve Baylor's pass defense significantly the last few years. The Bears ranked 101st nationally in pass defense at the end of the 2003 season but climbed to No. 62 in 2004 and No. 57 in 2005. Last year Baylor ranked No. 83. After finishing 115th nationally in pass efficiency defense in 2004, Baylor jumped to 13th in 2005. The 2005 Baylor defense allowed just 14 touchdowns through the air, its fewest since 1998, and recorded its most interceptions (16) since 1994 with McGriff's cornerbacks accounting for 11 interceptions. The team ranked No. 73 in pass efficiency defense last year.

McGriff spent the 2000 campaign as the secondary coach at Eastern Kentucky, where he mentored Yeremiah Bell, a first-team All-Ohio Valley Conference pick who went on to be drafted by the Miami Dolphins. The 2000 Colonels ranked fourth nationally in total defense, fifth in scoring defense and ninth in passing yardage allowed and posted four shutouts during the season.

From 1995 through 1999, McGriff served as a.ssistant head coach, defensive coordinator and secondary coach at Kentucky State, where his defenses posted numerous top-10 statistical rankings, including leading the nation in total defense in 1995 and pass yardage defense in 1997. In 1998, he was named the American Football Coaches a.ssociation's NCAA Division II National a.ssistant Coach of the Year.

McGriff began his coaching career as a graduate a.ssistant coach at his alma mater, Savannah State, where he coached the Tigers' running backs in 1990 before moving into a full-time role as secondary coach in 1991-92. He then served as Savannah State's defensive coordinator in 1993-94.

Four of McGriff's players have played in the NFL: Cletius Hunt (Green Bay Packers), Devin Wyann (New England Patriots), Michael Mason (San Francisco 49ers) and Bell.

A native of Tifton, Ga., McGriff played cornerback, running back and wide receiver for the Tift County High School state championship team. He played at South Carolina State for one year before transferring to Savannah State, where he started at outside linebacker for three seasons and was named the conference's 1989 Male Academic Athlete of the Year. He received his bachelor's degree in criminal justice from Savannah State in 1990 and in 1993 earned a master's in public administration from Georgia Southern, where he graduated with distinction.

McGriff was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army in 1990 and was a member of the Army Reserves until 2001. He and his wife, Karen, have a son, Jaylen.

Tim Walton -- Walton, 35, was hired as the secondary coach in 2004. His secondary ranked ninth in the nation in pass defense in 2004, first in 2005 and 40th in 2006. He has coached three All-Americans and two Freshman All-Americans. He is in his 13th year as a coach after lettering as a defensive back at Ohio State for four seasons.

2007 Coaching Staff
Randy Shannon; Head Coach
Patrick Nix; Offensive Coordinator
Tim Walton; Defensive Coordinator
Micheal Barrow; Linebackers
Clint Hurtt; Defensive Line
Wesley McGriff; Defensive Backs
Marquis Mosely; Wide Receivers
Joe Pannunzio; Tight Ends/Special Teams
Tommie Robinson; Running Backs
Jeff Stoutland; Offensive Line

02-19-2007, 05:10 PM         #973
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 19, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

It's rare for any college athlete to be awarded a sixth year of eligibility.

But University of Miami cornerback Glenn Sharpe applied for it, and it was officially awarded today.

Sharpe certainly was deserving.

The former Carol City High School star suffered a torn ACL in the ninth game of his sophomore season against Tennessee.

He tried to come back the following year, 2004, playing in the first two games. But the knee wasn't fully recovered and he required further surgery that kept him out the rest of that year.

In 2005 he suffered another torn ACL, this time during summer workouts. He missed the year.

Last year Sharpe returned, started, and had 44 tackles, 14 passes broken up and two interceptions.

Until last season his only healthy year was 2002 as a freshman. He played in every game that year, including the national title game against Ohio State. Most remember him as the player who was called for a ghost pass interference that prevented Miami from an overtime victory in that game.

Sharpe has 67 career tackles at Miami.

He will be adding more this year.

He is expected to be a first-teamer when spring practice begins March 6.
 02-19-2007, 05:10 PM         #974
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 19, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
DeAndre Brown bio

Ocean Springs (MS) High School WR DeAndre Brown says he received a Miami offer in January.

"I was surprised when I got it in the mail -- I opened it, was pretty shocked knowing all the great receivers that have come from Miami," he said.

Brown now lists 10 offers, including UM, LSU, Michigan, Florida, FSU and South Carolina.

Of Miami, he says, "I'll be looking at them real seriously just because they have a great program. You watch everybody who has come out of Miami and how they've done in the NFL, how can you not consider them?"

He says he'll narrow down his choices at the start of his senior season.

"I'll be looking for where I can bond with the coaches and feel like I'm at home," he said.

As a junior he played receiver and spent a limited amount of time at quarterback. He had 215 rushing yards with one touchdown pass at quarterback and had 27 receptions for 345 yards and seven touchdowns. He also returned two kicks for scores.

On defense he had two interceptions.

Asked his perception of Miami, Brown said, "Just tradition. And I love the colors of the school."

Brown says he was an FSU fan when he was younger but now doesn't root for anybody.
At 6-foot-5 1/2 and 225 pounds and with 4.4-second speed, he says "People say I'm a lot like Calvin Johnson."
 02-19-2007, 05:11 PM         #975
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 18, 2007

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Miami Edison High School RB Darren Fulton says he wants to be a Hurricane.

And his coach from last year, Corey Bell, said he thinks Fulton has the talent level to play for Miami.

"I root for UM all the time -- that's my favorite school," Fulton says. "I'd like to stay down here with my parents. If I get offered I probably would go to Miami."

So far the schools recruiting him hardest are Ole Miss, Kansas State and Rutgers.

He has a top four of Miami, Kansas State, Memphis and South Carolina.

Last year Fulton rushed 80 times for 705 yards with seven touchdowns. He also had 150 receiving yards.

His teammates gave him the nickname "Bush," as in Reggie Bush.

"I'm an all purpose back, play receiver also," Fulton said. "I'm looking for a college that can get me to the NFL.

"I see myself being able to do well at a place like Miami."
 02-19-2007, 07:08 PM         #976
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cap Peeler said:
bump

we cant let this thread die
its gonna be quiet till spring drills
 02-19-2007, 07:21 PM         #977
dade4sho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just keep posting the articles that should keep the thread up ...............
 10 years ago '05        #978
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 10 years ago '04        #979
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Cane Signee Get's Qualifying Score

[pic - click to view]

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas High School WR and Hurricane signee Leonard Hankerson has made the grade.

He got back his SAT result after signing day and improved from a non-qualifying 750 to an 830.

"I'm all set now," he said. "I checked it on the computer. I was keeping my fingers crossed -- when I saw the score I just had a smile on my face. I told the Miami coaches – I talked to coach [Randy] Shannon. He was like, `Good job,' he was happy for me."
Hankerson lists a 2.6 grade-point average.
He says he used a football technique to improve his score: Hard work.
"I took some prep classes and I'd been doing real well on the practice exams, so I was confident," Hankerson said.
The Hurricanes needed him to qualify due to a shortage of quality receivers on the roster.
Hankerson, at 6-foot-3 and 197 pounds and with 4.5-second speed, is in position to battle for immediate playing time.
"I think I'll be able top play right away," he said. "I'm going to work hard and try to get on the field right away."
Hankerson is currently playing basketball for St. Thomas Aquinas and is averaging 15 points and nine rebounds as the starting power forward.
Which sport does he like better – football or basketball?
"I don't know which," he says.
Hankerson says he will report to UM in June for summer school.
"I'm real excited," he said.
 10 years ago '04        #980
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
N.C. Linebacker Has USC Offer, Likes Two.

[pic - click to view]

Garner (N.C.) outside linebacker Reggie Bowens is one of the best defensive prospects in the Tar Heel State's class of 2008, and he recently landed his first scholarship offer of the recruiting process.

Reggie Bowens currently holds an offer from South Carolina.
"South Carolina offered me not too long ago," the 6-foot-2, 206-pound Bowens said. "Steve Spurrier is their coach, and I'm impressed by his history as a coach. He's one of the best out there. One my teammates, Chris Culliver, signed with them, and he's been telling me about them. I went with him to South Carolina's game with Middle Tennessee, and I had a good time. I'll be at their junior day next month."

Bowens, who runs the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds, also likes what Miami has to offer.

"That's a team I've always liked a lot," he said. "It's a nice school and nice town. They also put a lot of players into the NFL. I want to take a visit down there sometime soon."

Florida State has also made an impression on Bowen, who bench presses 275 pounds.

"One of my teachers at Garner went to Florida State, and she has told me a lot of good things about them. I know they put a lot of players into the NFL just like Miami."

Bowens, who sports a 34-inch vertical leap, recently took a trip to Chapel Hill to check out the North Carolina Tar Heels.

"I went to one of their basketball games about two weeks ago," he said. "They showed me a lot of hospitality. They told me a lot about their academics. I had fun there."

Bowens has a simple list of things he's looking for in a school.

"Playing time and a good atmosphere, and just playing for a good program. I'll probably make my decision by the end of the summer. South Carolina and Miami are my top two schools."
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
221 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
134 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
50 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
76 comments
2 days ago