Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #9741
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290

[video - click to view]

i know muhfu*kas who hated ken cuz of his weak arm and couldnt wait till brock berlin took over, but not me, i fu*ked with dude til the end
 5 years ago '05        #9742
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,654 | Props total: 3750 3750
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
We got another commit

He decommitted from UNC to Us

CB-Nate Diorch(sp)
NICE OFFER LIST....... I THINK BALL STATE OR SOUTH ALABAMA COULD STILL PULL HIM
 08-04-2011, 04:48 AM         #9743
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
By Greg Biggins

With offers from nearly every top program in the nation, there was still one school offensive lineman Joshua Garnett (Puyallup, Wash./Puyallup) was hoping to hear from. On Tuesday, the Miami Hurricanes came calling and offered the talented lineman.

Garnett, a four-star prospect who is No. 44 in the ESPNU 150, cut his list to a final 11 back in June and is close to making another cut very shortly.

"I'm going to cut it down to five real soon," Garnett said. "Miami is a school I've always liked and always followed as a kid. I basically grew up rooting for them and they're definitely going to make my final list. I'll take an official visit there for sure and I can't wait to check them out."
 5 years ago '07        #9744
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 Deeangoe said:

i know muhfu*kas who hated ken cuz of his weak arm and couldnt wait till brock berlin took over, but not me, i fu*ked with dude til the end
canefreak2001 and rustyum are gods
 5 years ago '05        #9745
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

camp starts on saturday
 5 years ago '05        #9746
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

Their Summer Session 2 final exams behind them, not to mention that lingering sting from their 7-6 season, the Miami Hurricanes and their new football coach are ready to resume their 2011 quest for success at 8:20 a.m. Saturday.

Call it the first day of the rest of their Hurricane lives, though coach Al Golden knows the rebuilding actually began the day he replaced Randy Shannon as coach in December.

“We’re excited,’’ Golden said Friday at a news conference to usher in preseason camp. “Obviously, transitions are tough with everybody involved. We’re very grateful and appreciative for the effort our student-athletes have given — most particularly over the summer. … It’s not too long before we’ll be kicking it off on Labor Day Night.’’

Golden said three Hurricane signees have been held up by the NCAA Clearinghouse, now known as the Eligibility Center: South Broward High running back Kevin Grooms, West Boca Raton High defensive tackle Corey King and Hargrave Military Academy linebacker Antonio Kinard, from Youngstown, Ohio.

“As we get confirmation from the NCAA, and [if] it doesn’t look favorable, we’ll announce it,’’ Golden said. “But we can’t be speculating on anything until we find out.’’

The Eligibility Center flags players in question either academically or because proper paperwork might be missing.

Clements’ switch

The news of Grooms’ absence made it clearer why sophomore Eduardo Clements has been switched to running back from safety, the position to which he moved in March. Clements will, at least initially, be behind the duo of Mike James and Lamar Miller — known these days as “Smash and Dash.’’

Golden said Clements will be a running back, kick returner, punt returner and “special teams guy.”

“Our job as coaches is to get the best 22 on the field, and we think right now that he has a better shot to impact this team and help this team on offense,’’ Golden said.

Golden also updated the status of 6-8, 345-pound tackle Seantrel Henderson, confirming that Henderson — a 2010 freshman All-American — would soon be undergoing back surgery.

“There’s not a person walking the planet that knows what that’s going to mean,’’ the coach said. “They won’t know until they actually do it. They won’t know what kind of recovery that’s going to be. And as in all these cases, if it looks like it’s going to be a long-term thing I will announce that, as we have with Shayon [Green] and several of the other players in the spring. But right now, we don’t know what the extent of that actual pain, or what they’re trying to relieve, is. Hopefully, we’ll get good news.’’

Golden was firm on the position the Hurricanes need to improve the most.

“The quarterback position has to show the most improvement,’’ he said. “Like many, I’m a firm believer that quarterback play really dictates the outcome of games for the most part.’’

Quarterback competitors Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris will start by rotating series.

“They’ll both get ample opportunity to throw with the No. 1 receivers, and we’re going to chart them every day,’’ Golden said. “We know what it needs to look like in terms of us improving, bringing the turnovers down, bringing our interceptions down and, obviously, making better decisions with the football, most particularly in the red zone.

“If [those don’t] get fixed by one of them, that’s going to be an easy decision to make by us as a staff.’’

Freedom to audible

Golden added that Harris and Morris will have the freedom to audible at the line of scrimmage.

“You have to trust them to get them in the right look,’’ he said.

He was asked if either of the quarterbacks had an advantage going into fall camp.

“I think it’s a dead heat,’’ Golden said. “I can say it publicly, but I’ve also said it privately. There are people really close to me that say, ‘OK, now tell me the truth.’ And I say, ‘Here’s the truth. This is a dead heat, and this will be decided here in the next 14, 15 days.’ ’’

Protecting those quarterbacks will be an offensive line being shuffled to find the best combination. Golden said redshirt freshman Shane McDermott is locked “in a big battle at center’’ with senior Tyler Horn, and that former guard Brandon Washington could be a tackle.

Golden confirmed that UM has applied for an NCAA hardship waiver that would allow quarterback transfer Ryan Williams to play immediately. However, the answer has not come, and Williams is ineligible at this time.

Read more:

[pic - click to view]

kevin grooms
 5 years ago '05        #9747
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 5 years ago '07        #9750
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
Lookin at some pictures and you can see the weight room and meal plans in effect

Our freshmen are huge to especially Eddie Johnson :wow:

Cane Football is back
 5 years ago '07        #9751
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Pads arent put on put on untill Mon but they say Jacory was on point today

If we can get a consistent jacory

I like us for no less than 9 wins
 5 years ago '04        #9752
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Damn them boys looking sole finally this looks like a righteous big time division 1 team in a physical standpoint.
 08-07-2011, 01:58 AM         #9753
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Olivier Vernon and Adewale Ojomo my god

I hope Vernon didn't lose his speed putting on weight
 5 years ago '07        #9754
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Alright my nigs I found a deal that im sure everyone of yall will love

insidetheu.com is running a special right now where you can get vip membership untill dec.2011 for FREE

go over and get in on the deal it ends Aug.c8
 5 years ago '07        #9755
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Conditioning and unity have been the two focal points for Miami coach Al Golden during his first offseason as the Hurricanes' head coach.

DT Marcus Forston really impressed Golden during the first practice on Saturday. Coming off Miami's first practice of the football season on Saturday, Golden was excited about the improved level of conditioning by the team.

"The strength staff did a great job of getting them in shape," Golden said. "We are in good physical condition right now. I feel like yesterday was practice 16 instead of practice one. I feel like we picked off where we left off in the spring. I'm excited because it means guys made a commitment to the mental aspects of the game over the summer."

Now that the team is in good physical condition, Golden and the coaching staff can work on other areas of the game during camp.

"Because we are in good physical condition, our focus is going to be to become more mentally tough and competitively tough in thos situations," Golden said.

Read here for the latest news and notes coming from today's practice.

News &Notes

• With all the position battles across the team, there are plenty of spots still open. Not every position is locked up by a first team player, but offensive players wearing the orange jerseys that have earned first team status: RB Lamar Miller, RB Mike James, FB Maurice Hagens, WR Travis Benjamin, WR LaRon Byrd, TE Blake Ayles, TE Chase Ford, LT Malcolm Bunche and G Brandon Linder.

• Though Miami will run a lot of two tight end sets, Blake Ayles says that Chase Ford is currently the number one tight end and that is motivating Ayles to work hard during fall camp.

Lee Chambers is working with the first team defense. • Players wearing black jerseys for the first team defense: DT Marcus Forston, LB Sean Spence, LB James Gaines, CB JoJo Nicolas, CB Lee Chambers, S Ray Ray Armstrong, and S Vaughn Telemaque.

• Freshman linebacker positions: SLB Eddie Johnson, MLB Gionni Paul, WLB Denzel Perryman[/b].

• Players working on kickoff return team: RB Lamar Miller, RB Darion Hall, CB Brandon McGee, and walk-on RB Darius Hughes.

• Players working on punt return team: WR Travis Benjamin, WR Phillip Dorsett, WR Kendal Thompkins, WR Davon Johnson, and RB Eduardo Clements.

• Golden said "90-percent of the jobs on the team are open." Golden named Spence as one of the only players who would really have to fall off in some unforeseen way during camp to not have his starting job locked up.

• Golden on how the quarterbacks looked on day one: "It is going to be a long, competitive, and drawn-out competition here. They are going to be going neck and neck and both running with the ones for the next ten days. They both looked like they prepared and they are ready to go."

"That is a tight deal," Golden said of the competition between Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris. "I don't think there is anybody on this team that would tell you they know how it is going to turn out and I am not different. As we head into the scrimmages, we are going to learn a lot about those guys and about the offense."

• DT Marcus Forston is somewhat limited in what he can do during practice because he is still working his way back from an offseason knee injury, but Golden was pleased by what he saw on Saturday out of him. "He was a pleasure yesterday to see because he is ahead of schedule. He did pretty much everything yesterday. When he is right he has a chance to be really good and a special one. We have to get him to the point where he is playing every game like he did against Notre Dame."

• OL Joel Figueroa is coming off a season that was cut short due to a back injury that required surgery. With LT Seantrel Henderson about to undergo back surgery to alleviate a nagging injury, Figueroa offered him some words of encouragement. "I told him that I know what he is going through and that my prayers are with him," Figueroa said. "I told him to keep rehabbing and keep working out and you will get back feeling better. He needs to just keep pressing forward."

• DT Micanor Regis is down to 300 pounds and has gotten his body fat down to 18 percent. Last year he played at 310 pounds and played at 22 percent body fat.

• At 6-feet-2 and 360 pounds, DT Darius Smith brings valuable depth to the defensive line. Smith, who is an addition from Lackawanna Junior College, is looking to push for playing time right away. "He brings depth," Regis said. "Defensive tackles get banged up and get hurt and we need a guy like that who can push us and not make us take days off and will challenge you for your spot."

• C Shane McDermott has gained 30 pounds since he’s been at UM and he has worked some at guard, which he said he feels more comfortable with since he played there a lot in high school.
 5 years ago '07        #9756
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- When Miami players and coaches were asked before the season what player impressed them with their work ethic, most of the time it was the same player who was the answer.

Sophomore wide receiver Allen Hurns.

After just one year at Miami, Hurns has developed the reputation of being a tireless worker during practice, conditioning drills, and after practice.

"Allen Hurns is a guy that just works," Miami coach Al Golden said. "I love guys like him because he puts in great effort and then he will stay and do the extra things to get himself better. He really made a push this summer."

Hurns' hard work has also caught the attention of his teammates.

"He is stronger, faster, and more determined than he was last year at this time," quarterback Stephen Morris said. "He has become the hardest worker among the receivers. He is a guy that always finishes first in conditioning drills. He always beats the receivers and defensive backs and that is for every rep. He puts in a lot of practice into being great. Me and him will go out and throw extra balls and he is always willing to work with me."

Hurns talked about his mentality when it comes to working hard during the offseason.

"I will run or catch extra balls with the quarterbacks. With conditioning, I always try to be first because you have to always push yourself," Hurns said. "There is always people working, so you have to try and outwork everybody. I get mad when somebody beats me in conditioning drills, but that is my teammate so I know he is pushing me."

One of Hurns' biggest rewards for his hard work this summer was earning the number one jersey number after running back Storm Johnson transferred following the spring.

"It is exciting to have that number because I wore in high school and I always wanted to wear it again," Hurns said. "I worked hard for it and I got it. I approached the coaches about getting it and I told them I would work for it and they gave it to me."

Hurns knows that wearing the number one comes with a lot of expectations because it is one of the most coveted numbers on any roster across the country and the last player to wear it during a UM season was cornerback Brandon Harris, who left early to go to the NFL this year.

"When you wear number one you have a lot to live up to," Hurns said.

Hurns has generated all this hype without catching a single pass yet during his Miami career. As a true freshman, Hurns concentrated mostly on contributing on special teams and becoming the team's best blocking receiver.

While Hurns hasn't caught a pass yet at Miami, he knows it is coming soon and it will mean a lot to him.

"That [first catch] will mean a lot," Hurns said. "I can't wait for that. It is coming soon though and I can't wait for it to happen.Last year I was just put in the game to block, but this year I am going to be doing more things. In this offense, everybody is going to get their share. We just have to take advantage of those opportunities when they come."
Lets hope he beasts for us because we need help at WR
 5 years ago '07        #9757
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – One of the things that Al Golden has started at Miami is a Mentor-Mentee Program for incoming freshmen and walk-ons. The purpose is so that the incoming players are shown and have a good understanding on what’s expected of them and how to handle situations on and off the field.

WR Allen Hurns is teaching freshman WR Phillip Dorsett the ins and outs of UM football life. This program could be the key to future success for this team.Teaching responsibility and maturity seems to be a common theme for Golden as the team will be living in a Coconut Grove hotel for the next three weeks and forced to find their own way to practice each and every morning. They are being expected to act like men who are going to work everyday. Through two days, no player has been reported to be late to practice yet and if that continues for 22 days, Golden will have accomplished something special in his first Fall practice.

One thing that was seemingly forgotten by former coach Randy Shannon was the need for leaders, and it was an area he completely failed in because kids need to be taught how to lead. And when he didn’t call anyone leaders and often said to the media that the players needed to figure it out amongst themselves that proved to be a microcosm of the failures within the program. Golden isn’t letting that happen and leaders will be taught and developed from the moment they step on campus. Not all players are leaders, but programs like this one will help separate them and give them the confidence to be vital voices inside the locker room.

With that, the Mentorship Program plays a vital role in teaching responsibility and maturity as well. Not all the players have a mentee, but those players like the program as well.

Tight end Asante Cleveland said this didn’t exist last year, but likes the idea of it and thinks it is very important for the progression and improvement of the younger players.

“I think it’s really good because when I first got here, I was a little nervous and I thought someone would show us the ropes, but last year, Richard Gordon basically did that for all the tight ends, but that’s a really good program that coach Golden set up,” Cleveland said.

Sixth year senior Joel Figueroa who has now played for three head coaches since his arrival at Miami in Larry Coker, Randy Shannon and now Golden, thinks it is great idea.

"I don't have a mentee, but I do speak to all the freshmen. I don't need to be labeled as a mentor to anybody because I try and talk to all of them and help them out. I will go speak to them on my own and try to get around to all them. It is a great idea. The freshmen come in and don't know anybody and this helps them get to know the older guys and know how everybody thinks. It helps us build that bond with the young guys,” Figueroa said.

Running back Mike James is mentor to freshman safety Thurston Armbrister and feels very strong about how Armbrister is doing on the field, but he’s also a big proponent of the program. James has proven to be one of the more mature players on the team since he arrived at Miami.

Thurston Armbrister is being guided by Mike James. The two have developed a good bond. And for all that James has been through over the past nine months, he, probably more than anyone can help a younger player get through anything as he’s battled a tragedy in his life with the death of his Mother. Somehow, James always seems to have the most jovial smile all the time which can be rather infectious.

"Thurston is doing a great job. He is doing fabulous. He's learning well, catching on to the defense. He's got a great body, we're just trying to put a brain with that body and we'll be alright,” James said. "I'm liking (the program). It gives you a little project outside of football. Me and Thurston have talks every other night so it gives me something extra to do."

That sentiment is pretty much the same throughout the program. Jimmy Gaines is mentor to freshman linebacker Eddie Johnson, but that situation is actually humorous because Gaines thinks Johnson might be older than him.

“I love the program having him as my mentee. He's a cool kid. I'm saying kid, but he's probably older than me because I'm a young guy, I'm only 18. Whatever he needs, I got him. That's my man. He's a fun-loving guy. He's funny. He has me rolling. He's cracking jokes all of the time. He's cool though," Gaines said.

Bonds like that don’t always exist with older to younger players, but this program can only help with Golden’s concept of unity which certainly plays a role in a team’s success, especially one that has struggled over the past few years with mistakes that generally a result of lack of unity and trust, not to mention discipline, but without trust and unity in each other, lack of discipline seems to go hand-in-hand.

Tight end Clive Walford is mentor to sophomore walk-on running back Darrius Hughes. Hughes is from “The Muck” attended Clewiston High so they have things in common being from the same area, but Walford says they really don’t talk about home. It’s more about football.

“My mentee is (Darrius) Hughes. To just keep his head up and never quit and always f!ght, and even though it’s going to get tough, just to tough it out. We are trying to focus on (football) this year,” Walford said.

But even with the Mentorship Program, there will still be competition because of situations like Gaines and Johnson and wide receiver Allen Hurns and his mentee, Phillip Dorsett, who is looking for early playing time this year. At the same time, it can only help as they push each other even harder.

"I have Phillip Dorsett. Me and him spent a lot of time together this summer and the main thing I try and tell him is that he has to work hard for everything. I go over the playbook every day with him and I stay on him about going to class. I wish I had that when I was a freshman, I could have learned a lot from the older guys. Now I am just trying to pass along what I picked up over the last year,” Hurns said.

Other mentors to mentees are Jojo Nicolas with Thomas Finnie, Eduardo Clements with Denzel Perryman and Andrew Swasey with walk-on Nantambu-Akil Fentress.
Great Idea by Golden Goon
 5 years ago '07        #9758
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Cornerback Brandon McGee has spent the last two years watching, learning and putting things into his game. Now, he has to play his game.

He will keep learning, but there is no more watching. He knows it and has to step up because he will likely be starting at one corner when the season begins. With a group of young corners, McGee might be a junior in class, but he’s still a freshman in terms of on field experience so the start of the season, just a month away, is very exciting for him.

“I like a challenge so I been putting the work in all summer…all of us have so I think we’re just ready to step up to the plate and take care of business, and me, myself, I’m just ready. It’s everything I’ve been waiting for, the past two years just sitting back and learning so you know the year is here,” McGee said. “I am definitely ready for it, it’s a blessing at the same time and I am going to take full advantage of it.”

Many people thought that McGee would walk in his freshman year and be similar to Brandon Harris, pretty much take ownership of the corner spot opposite of Harris because they were similar in so many ways – both smart and athletic players, but there was one major difference. McGee wasn’t a legit corner. He played quarterback throughout high school along with safety. And for someone who has never played corner, it’s a tough adjustment, especially a young player.

He didn’t realize how much different it would be.

“It wasn’t that it was tough. It was definitely challenging, but I like a challenge and you know just having great teammates that brought me along even though I was brand new to the position and now I feel like I have that experience you know under my belt,” McGee said.

Much of his education at the position came from Harris and DeMarcus Van Dyke.

“Just watching them taking a little bit from their game, trying to improve my coverage skills, the way I watch film as well, Brandon Harris, he’s a smart football player as well as athletic, and DVD, I took bits and pieces from both of their games and tried to put it in mine,” McGee said. “It’s just overall, understanding the position, just about everything, understanding the offense, my man coverage, my zone coverage have improved overall.”

Now, it’s time to see if that education has paid off. Things have been different though since the arrival of Golden according to McGee. The players conditioning is better and it’s come hand in hand with Golden.

“Guys are a lot more strong, a lot more fast. One thing coach Golden did when he came into the program, he said it has to be different, you got coach Swasey, they created a plan for us to reach our goals and I definitely think guys are adapting to it,” McGee said. “Coach Swasey is still grinding us like he always would, but there’s a lot more tests. He works his workouts around those tests.”

One thing McGee does like about this Fall is the opportunity to stay in a hotel with his teammates. He appreciates the responsibility that Golden has put on the guys to get to and from practice.

“It’s cool being that your have your teammates right next door to you. It’s game day for us every morning just cause we compete at such a high level. We’re out there competing every day. The DBs, we compete every day. He’s definitely holding everyone accountable. You’re responsible to get here and we understand him doing it. I like it cause it makes us step up and have a sense of ownership and a sense of responsibility,” McGee said.

Ownership of his position we shall find out at Maryland.
Lets Get It Mcgee
 5 years ago '07        #9759
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Laron Byrd

[pic - click to view]

AJ

[pic - click to view]

Streeter

[pic - click to view]

My Sleeper For This Season Rashawn Scott
 5 years ago '04        #9760
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
News and notes from Day 4 of camp
by: Steve Gorten August 9th, 2011 | 3:37 PM CORAL GABLES – Hurricanes coach Al Golden said before the start of fall camp that he’d be closely watching place-kicking and punting in practice, and so far the competition for both as been “exciting.”
Golden said before Tuesday’s practice that newcomers Dalton Botts, a junior college transfer from California, and Matt Goudis, a true freshman also from Cali, are “truly in the mix right now.”
“We have to see more of Goudis yet,” he noted. “From what I’ve seen of Botts so far, he’s going to be a real factor in the competition.”
Botts is the Hurricanes’ only true punter on scholarship and will likely win the job.
“Everybody wants to be the starting guy and that’s my goal,” he said.
Goudis is battling junior Jake Wieclaw to be the place-kicker. Walk-ons Cameron Dean, Ben Hopfinger and Alex Irastorza are also competing for kicking duties. Chris Ivory and Sean McNally have been long-snapping.
Botts said that all of the kickers and punters have been asked to do both roles in practice. Golden said last week he would chart the snap times, hang times and accuracy on every kick/punt during a period each day.
“That’s big for me because I’ve never had someone chart my stuff for me,” said Botts, adding that hang-time is important to him and he wants it more than 4.5 seconds for his punts. “I’ve always had to do my own things. It’s actually really nice having someone chart your stuff for you, be able to watch your own film and critique yourself.
“That makes me focus a lot more than to just go out and mess around, like, ‘Oh, I’ll just kick a couple of balls.’ You have people out here that are watching you. So it makes you focus a lot more.”
Wieclaw, who patiently waited behind Matt Bosher the past three years, said he doesn’t feel pressure to win the kicking job now.
“Pressure comes from not being ready. We’ve all been working all summer,” Wieclaw said. “I knew the caliber of player Bosher was when I got here. I knew he was one of the best.”
Asked what advantage there was in having been here three years, he said, “It helps getting used to the speed. That’s one thing that takes a little bit to get used to.”
Here are some other notes:
— TE Blake Ayles left the field the first few minutes of practice, seeming to be sick or affected by the heat. He walked over and sat on a table in the shade.
— Sophomore Jimmy Gaines continues to lead senior Jordan Futch in the battle for the starting job at MLB.
“He absolutely can be a guy that starts,” Golden said. “He’s a self made guy. He’s a competitor. He’s tough. He’s really smart. He’s come back in great condition. He’s the starter right now. He’s going to have a lot to say about whether someone supplants him.”
— DB coach Paul Williams said he has shown highlights to his CBs of UM’s top three CBs from last season now in the NFL – Brandon Harris, DeMarcus Van Dyke and Ryan Hill. Williams said he’s also had each CB watch and analyze practice film of a fellow CB.
— Williams said JoJo Nicolas, Lee Chambers, Brandon McGee, Thomas Finnie and Michael Williams will all be in the playing rotation at CB.
— A.J. Highsmith and walk-on Andrew Swasey are the second-team safeties – Highsmith behind Ray-Ray Armstrong, and Swasey behind Vaughn Telemaque.
Williams said Highsmith is the most improved player since fall practice began Saturday. Golden said last week Highsmith was arguably the team’s most improved over the final five or six practices of spring.
— Art Kehoe’s second stint as UM’s o-line coach has started just as Golden hoped it would.
“I think they’re starting to take on his personality, which is what we want,” Golden said of the team’s offensive linemen. “We want them to be rugged, to be tough, to finish, to play with passion.
“Art’s kind of self-effacing. He’s affable. He’s a guy who doesn’t take himself too serious. But in the end, he is a competitior. He’s an incredible technician. He doesn’t get enough credit for that, in terms of how he coaches and what he teaches those guys. I’ve been very impressed, and obviously the offensive line is responding.”
— Kacy Rodgers has been moved from S to CB, Williams said, because “he runs well and he’s athletic.”
— Olivier Vernon was named to the Ted Hendricks Award Watch List on Tuesday. The award is given to the nation’s top DE and is named after the ‘Canes’ three-time All-American (1966-68), the only player in school history to have his number retired at UM and be inducted into both the Pro and College Football Hall of Fame.
Unlike watch lists for other awards, candidates for the Hendricks Award can be added until November, so Adewale Ojomo still has a chance.
— Former UM center Jim Otto was named to ACC’s 2011 Football Legends Class, which will be honored ACC Championship Game weekend. Otto, who played at UM from 1957-59, is the first ‘Canes player inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy