Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Personality Test: What Did You See First?
46 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA David Stern: There Was Never A Chris Paul To Lakers Trade To 'Void'
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Melo IG post to his boss Phil Jackson
65 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #9641
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,616 | Props total: 243 243
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:

He's such a great coach but got the boot

Explain that he did nothing at notre dame but.underachieve and with weak schedules. Everyone sees notre dame games they have a contract with NBC.

Lol at giving charlies offense props against them weak a.ss defenses....n*ggas offense was sh*t against good squads which is why hes a coordinator at florida. Lets Be Real
I am not saying that he was no deserving of getting fired from Notre Dame. Like I said before, those years he had with Quinn and Clausens sophmore and junior season his offenses were good. Defense was a problem and that under his watch even if he did only coach offense.

At Florida he is going to get the best talent compared to what he had at Notre Dame. Now he has speed to do things on the offensive side of the ball.
 5 years ago '06        #9642
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,695 | Props total: 12228 12228
nortre damn is top 5 every year in recruiting fu*k u mean top talent
 5 years ago '06        #9643
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
Defensive back T.J. Davis (Tallahassee, Fla./Godby) has no problems with flying out to Oregon for The Opening presented by Nike.

Actually, he was in Beaverton, Ore., last week for the Nike track national event.

"I'm taking the same exact flight I took last, week to be honest," Davis said. "I'm leaving at the same time, same layovers and everything."

Things won't be so easy for linebacker Keith Brown (Miami/Norland). The 6-foot-1, 232-pounder hasn't been on a flight since he was little and can't remember what it felt like.

"I'm still thinking about it, to be honest; Oregon is a long way from here," Brown said. "I'm a little nervous, but I know I'm going with my friends, so I'll be good."

Brown will be traveling cross country with his teammates Randy Johnson, Amos Leggett (Miami/South Miami) and Deon Bush (Miami/Christopher Columbus).

Brown, Johnson and Leggett are all committed to the University of Miami. Bush is one of the top targets left on the Hurricanes' recruiting board, so expect Bush to hear a lot about the "U" from takeoff to landing.

"We have to talk to him a little," Brown said. "We need Deon at the "U" because our defensive backs are hurting right now. So all three of us are going to have to give him a heart to heart."

Brown wants to use the event to let people know that he's ready for a breakout season.

"I'm going to prove to everyone that I am one of the best linebackers in the nation," said Brown, who has gained over 15 pounds in the offseason. "I don't like where I am in the rankings, and I think I'm being underestimated.

"So that's going to change next week."

5 years ago '07        #9644
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
so they goin to oregon for they bi*ches and spread this U Movement
 5 years ago '06        #9645
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
so they goin to oregon for they bi*ches and spread this U Movement
nah they going to oregon for the nike 7 on 7 tournement i believe

they have it there every year
 5 years ago '07        #9646
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Ill check on scout

The premium pass has been good these past couple weeks
 5 years ago '07        #9647
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
LB Josh Witt Has Committed To The U
 5 years ago '07        #9648
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
What to Like: Josh Witt was one of the top defensive players on a very good Cypress Bay defense in 2010. A former quarterback, Witt brings a lot of passion and energy to the position. He has a good motor that never stops going and that enables him to make a lot of plays from the backside. From a foootball IQ standpoint, he has a lot of what you look for. He can drop into coverage, rush the passer, and do some different things. And at 6-foot-2 and 210 pounds, he has the size of a BCS linebacker already and he's about to start his senior year of high school.
What May Concern you: Athletically, he's not going to jump out at you. Sure, he runs well but there's still a question on how well he can drop into coverage, change directions, and things like that. He makes a lot of plays rushing upfield and getting after the quarterback so it's unclear how well he'll make the transition to playing in space at the college level.

Bottom Line: Another commitment for the Miami Hurricanes and another local kid who is being lightly recruited. With BCS offers from West Virginia and Minnesota, Witt wasn't considered a major prospect. Recruited like a low three-star prospect, Witt gives Miami four linebacker commitments (Keith Brown, Raphael Kirby, and Reggie Northrup). The Canes will likely take one more there and be done.

5 years ago '06        #9649
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
Olney (MD) Our Lady Of Good Counsel RB Wes Brown says he's "narrowed things down."

Of course, when you have as many offers as Brown does, that can take on a different kind of meaning.

"We got it down to 30 that I like," he said, adding that he plans to announce a top 12 in the near future.

And, for the first time, he says he is ready to name a frontrunner.

"Miami is No. 1," he said.

When asked what made him decide that, Brown said, "They always have been No. 1. I like everything they produce academic-wise."

Asked about the football aspect of it, Brown said, "I'm not worrying about the field right now, am looking at my education."

Where Brown at one point said he hoped to have a decision done this month, he now says the earliest he'll announce anything will be in August.

"I have other things to do with my family," he said.

Brown is currently on a visit to New Mexico, where former teammate Zach Dancel is an incoming freshman - "he wants me to at least come check them out," Brown said. Brown will also visit Colorado and Virginia Tech in the coming days.

So who is No. 2 and 3 in line behind Miami right now?

"After these visits I'll figure that out," Brown said.

Brown says he remains in regular contact with Miami coaches - he called Cane running back coach Terry Richardson on Friday.

"It's the same thing most coaches talk about that I talk about with them, but I feel more realism in their voice," Brown said.

plus stephon diggs is his bestfriend and teamate too
 5 years ago '05        #9650
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 P. Dedos said:

plus stephon diggs is his bestfriend and teamate too
That's what I like the most about this. Golden needs to make this happen and get both to UM. Don't know how people feel about stars but Scout lists both as 5-stars.. Brown is 4 on Rivals
 5 years ago '07        #9651
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
theres word that diggs is a silent

so maybe thats why wes got us at 1
 5 years ago '07        #9652
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #9653
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,359 | Props total: 149 149
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
theres word that diggs is a silent

so maybe thats why wes got us at 1
feel sorry for them boyz then. Karlos... Wait let me say that again Karlos... Pj, Waisome, LJ etc will be ready for them n*ggas.
 5 years ago '06        #9654
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 mester said:
feel sorry for them boyz then. Karlos... Wait let me say that again Karlos... Pj, Waisome, LJ etc will be ready for them n*ggas.
talking about feeling sorry. i feel sorry for all those losers you jut named because they are just going to be left with a free shoes diploma which isnt worth the paper its written on anyways in four years there family going to ask them u had big NFL dreams what the fu*k happened to you back to mommas house you go or get a beer and sit on the curb
 5 years ago '07        #9655
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 5 years ago '11        #9656
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,359 | Props total: 149 149
 P. Dedos said:
talking about feeling sorry. i feel sorry for all those losers you jut named because they are just going to be left with a free shoes diploma which isnt worth the paper its written on anyways in four years there family going to ask them u had big NFL dreams what the fu*k happened to you back to mommas house you go or get a beer and sit on the curb
why do u care about these dudes nd what they do after they leave college???
 07-02-2011, 07:02 PM         #9657
db305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lil Jay 05 said:
Looking at stats are overrated. Stats do not tell half the story you idiot. You are posting 2007 stats of an offense with incoming freshman who did not touch campus until late June. What's the point of that? You name me a freshman QB who did not take any lumps in their first year of playing.

2007 was Jimmy Clausens first year with Notre Dame. You're expecting a freshman right out of high school to come in throw 40 TDs like he did his senior year in high school? You said it yourself learning a pro-style offense is hard to learn, but you have to nerve to post the stats of an offense with an incoming freshman and expect him to win the Heisman his first season in college He threw 7 TD's and 6 INT's 1200 yards.

2008 You can see that Jimmy made huge strides which improved the offense from ranked 119 to 65. 25 TD's 17 Int's 3,100 yards passing. His INTs went up due to him being a huge risk taker.

2009 He attempted 15 less passes than he did his junior season and threw for 28 TD's and only 4 Int's. He led them to being the 8th best offense in the country. I am not even going to bring up his QB rating over his three career at Notre Dame Mr. Stat man

Now on to Brady Quinn, Brady Quinn's second season was better than his freshman year, but when Weis got there he had Brady throwing up some crazy numbers. If you think Charlie Weis did not help out Brady any you are fool.

2005 Junior Season 109 QB rating that was almost 30 more points that his sophmore season . 32 Touchdowns 7Int's. He threw 15 more touchdowns and 3 less INTs. 2006 his senior season QB rating dropped 5 points, but threw 37TDs 5 more than his Jr. season and the INTs stayed the same.

Let me draw my Conclusion. When you research stats, they do not tell whole story. Stats do not take in the fact of how someone is inexperinced at another level of football. But stats do show the improvement that someone has had over there career beginning from their freshman year.

When you try use stats in an arguement you need to have reasoning into what you are saying instead of throwing up numbers and making it seem as if you are right just because of the numbers only, you need to go in depth. You need evidence that backs you up, not just the number. I thought you may have learned this in college when you took Statistics, but obviously you didn't Or did you not take statistics in college?

Now carry on with your life.

1) Yet again you don't answer to the topic of your argument: that Notre Dame's defense was the root of their struggles (it was only the case in 2009).

2) I never said that Weis' arrival in South Bend didn't help Quinn. It did and ended up being the perfect fit with an experienced quarterback. It happens that his years of experience helped him adapt to the system much faster. His increase in TDs is definitely attributable to the new offense, I acknowledge that, but his decrease in INTs can't be wholly credited to the system. Throwing picks is a result of a combination of the quarterback's decision-making, which is vastly improved with experience (Jacory seems to be the exception to this) and execution of the play and he made great decisions and had the athleticism to execute. Quinn's rating did jump 30 points between his sophomore and junior seasons (125.6 to 158.8) but he also threw 146 less passes in 2004, just short of 1/3 of the passes he threw in 2005.

3) You still have yet to validate your claim that Muschamp being a great defensive coordinator will automatically translate to being a great head coach.

Last edited by db305; 07-02-2011 at 07:09 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #9658
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Damn he still goin in on liljay

Let him be....
 5 years ago '06        #9659
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
Why is Jordan Watkins called Big Fella?

It's his size, right? He's 6-foot-5 and 259 pounds.

Nope.

The true meaning of Watkins' nickname is actually much more cerebral.

"Actually, the name started out having absolutely nothing to do with his size," Watkins' mother, Phyllis Watkins, said. "Jordan is a very bright person, very quick, especially in math and science. He would pick up things so quickly. At first, I started calling him 'Big Brain.' That just sort of evolved into 'Big Fella.'"

The plan worked. Aside from being a standout student, Watkins mastered the violin and piano, and when the school asked him to switch instruments, Watkins agreed to play the bass this year for Woodward's symphony orchestra.

Now it's time for the ESPN four-star defensive tackle (Class of 2012) to a.ssume his next challenge -- college.

"We want him to go somewhere where he can get a balanced education, where he can grow creatively as well as academically," Phyllis Watkins said. "Wherever that place is, that's where we want him to be.

"Of course, we know he wants to play football, so we want to find a place that balances all of that."

Jordan Watkins said Georgia, Miami and Florida are in the forefront of his mind. He's also considering Alabama, Notre Dame, LSU, Oklahoma and Stanford. To no one's surprise, schooling will be a major factor in his decision.

"I know football isn't going to last forever," he said. "I want to make sure I go to a school that will set me up for life after football."

Watkins already has that life planned out. He wants to pursue a career in sports broadcasting. But not just as a former-athlete-turned-analyst. Think more Mike Tirico than Craig James.

"It would be cool to be around sports even if I'm not playing them," said Watkins, who admits to providing play-by-play while he and his friends play video games. "I thought broadcasting would be a good way to go."

Which is why the Bulldogs, Gators and Hurricanes have topped the list.

Watkins said he likes the journalism school in Athens, calling it one of the best in the country. He and his family have also grown close to defensive line coach Rodney Garner.

However, there is a real concern. Coach Mark Richt's job security has been a very public issue. If there's a coaching change, those relationships will be lost.

"I'm hoping Coach Richt has a good year," said Watkins, who plans to announce his decision after his senior season.

Then, there's Florida. Watkins toured the Gainesville campus recently and was impressed by the broadcasting school that showcases various alums, including ESPN personalities Erin Andrews and Andy North, among others.

"I was greatly impressed by all the resources they have," Watkins said.

As for Miami, it has an emotional pull. Watkins' cousin, Houston Texans receiver Andre Johnson, played for Miami from 1999 to 2002. Even though the two aren't close, Watkins feels a connection to the school and the area because of family members who live nearby.

There is also the advantage of being close to one of the largest cities in the country -- a nice bonus for a budding young broadcaster. Football, however, is a bit of a concern after a recent coaching change and nearly a decade of struggles.

"I know they've had struggles here and there … but I've been following coach Al Golden and what he's been doing, cleaning house a little bit," Watkins said of the first-year Miami coach. "He's been bringing back all the alumni players … He brings a feel that Miami is about to do something again and be a national powerhouse like Miami was before."

Distance from home doesn't seem to be a factor for the Watkins family whatsoever.

"If Air Tran and Delta can get there, we're fine," Phyllis Watkins said with a chuckle.

Jordan Watkins will take his time this fall to evaluate his suitors on and off the field. With one coach on the hot seat and two schools having undergone recent coaching changes, performance will be key.

Watkins will -- no doubt -- make an informed decision.

"We wanted a well-rounded person," Phyllis Watkins said. "We wanted a good person who could play football, not just a football player."

They got it.

GOLDEN GOON
 5 years ago '04        #9660
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
i dont know who that db305 guy is...but i see he's already slaying n*ggas, so welcome to the fam
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
47 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
175 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
244 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
57 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
75 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
65 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
72 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy