Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #9621
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290

dude puttin in that work
 5 years ago '05        #9622
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,616 | Props total: 243 243
 db305 said:
Miami had a top 10 defense in all but one season under Shannon. His 2003 (2nd ranked) and 2005 (4th ranked) defenses were better statistically than 2001 (6th ranked) when he won it.
Want to talk inheriting great college players? Weis had great seasons with Willingham's players (Quinn and Samardzija) but when they left he coached one of the worst stretches in Notre Dame history.
You are correct in saying that UF recruiting is easier and that they get better athletes, but any idiot with half a brain can get into UF. Not to say that it's a bad school, but it doesn't take a lot upstairs to get in so he will naturally have more perks like speed. But to run a complicated pro-style offense, that takes years for NFL players to perfect, you need to have a lot working in your mind. If Weis' high GPA athletes at Notre Dame couldn't run the offense correctly, then you better hope that he dumbs it down a bit for UF's.
I hope my second post registers a little higher in your mind compared to my dumb first one. I'm going to guess that you'll probably say that I'm an idiot or something a little sophomoric and then back it up with some reasoning that you've come up with based on little to no actual knowledge of the subject aside from what's in the typical Gator fan's repertoire.
@ Weis inheriting great players if you watched Notre Dame before Weis got their you would know that Quinn was not sh*t. Weis turned his whole career around while he was at Notre Dame. When you try to talk sh*t you need to have an idea before talking it dumbass

Offense was never a problem for Notre Dame you dumb fu*k, the defense could never stop anyone Typical Miami fan for you. The only time Notre Dame struggled is when Jimmy Clausen was starting as a freshman. 90% of the time with a freshman QB they are going have a hard time adjusting to the college game. D o I need to name how many dumb n*ggas there are and where in college football that were in a pro-style offense that went on a had great careers at the school and to the next level?! You're a fu*king idiot I can point a number of FSU & Miami players, but I am not going to waste my time.

Who knows what the offense may look like, it is wait and see. Many schools run a pro-style offense and have success. I doubt he is going to dump the whole playbook on them and tell them to learn it. There are still college students. I will say this though, Florida is loaded with way more talent than fu*king Notre Dame.

Now that is Ether my friend. :greetings10:

Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 06-29-2011 at 04:31 PM..
 06-29-2011, 08:09 PM         #9623
db305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lil Jay 05 said:
@ Weis inheriting great players if you watched Notre Dame before Weis got their you would know that Quinn was not sh*t. Weis turned his whole career around while he was at Notre Dame. When you try to talk sh*t you need to have an idea before talking it dumbass

Offense was never a problem for Notre Dame you dumb fu*k, the defense could never stop anyone Typical Miami fan for you. The only time Notre Dame struggled is when Jimmy Clausen was starting as a freshman. 90% of the time with a freshman QB they are going have a hard time adjusting to the college game. D o I need to name how many dumb n*ggas there are and where in college football that were in a pro-style offense that went on a had great careers at the school and to the next level?! You're a fu*king idiot I can point a number of FSU & Miami players, but I am not going to waste my time.

Who knows what the offense may look like, it is wait and see. Many schools run a pro-style offense and have success. I doubt he is going to dump the whole playbook on them and tell them to learn it. There are still college students. I will say this though, Florida is loaded with way more talent than fu*king Notre Dame.

Now that is Ether my friend. :greetings10:
Notre Dame was 119th in total offense in 2007 (115th ranked rushing and 110th passing) and 65th in 2008 (101st rushing/34th passing). They got up to 8th nationally in Weis' last year (2009) because they threw the ball 37 times a game since they couldn't run with their 84th ranked rushing offense. They also had 4 500+ yard games against Washington (70th total defense), Washington State (118th), Nevada (54th), and Navy (75th) in 2009.

As far as taking the playbook and dumping it on his team? That's literally what he did when he got to Notre Dame. I'm not saying that he is a bad coach, but he is more suited to the NFL game when players can devote 100% of their time to learning the offense. Other teams run pro-style offenses, but those are adapted to the college game while Weis is famous for his complicated plays, NFL terminology, and his ego not letting him compromise his system. Don't get me wrong, if UF develops its quarterbacks and skill players for the long-term and they learn the plays, they will be a perennial top 5 offensive team. It just needs to be proven.

Brady Quinn is somehow a scrub? He had two full years of development and experience before Weis came and went from 9 TDs and 15 INTs in 2003 as a freshman (9 starts) to 15 TDs and 9 INTs as a sophomore. It's not only the playbook that matters, he had two years to learn how to read defenses and adjust to the speed of the college defensive backs in a west coast offense before transitioning to a scheme where the run is (supposed to be) an actual threat to set up the pass.

Also, I noticed that you didn't have any response to my questioning of your logic that just because someone is a top-tier coordinator, they will be a great head coach by default.

Sorry that you feel so threatened by a newcomer on the board making your comments look bad that you have to stoop to insulting a stranger over an electronic medium.
 5 years ago '07        #9624
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466

n*gga droppin more bombs than flex shieeeeeeeeettt
 5 years ago '05        #9625
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290

[video - click to view]

ohh nothing new to see here guys,

keep it moving

5 years ago '05        #9626
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
 db305 said:
Notre Dame was 119th in total offense in 2007 (115th ranked rushing and 110th passing) and 65th in 2008 (101st rushing/34th passing). They got up to 8th nationally in Weis' last year (2009) because they threw the ball 37 times a game since they couldn't run with their 84th ranked rushing offense. They also had 4 500+ yard games against Washington (70th total defense), Washington State (118th), Nevada (54th), and Navy (75th) in 2009.

As far as taking the playbook and dumping it on his team? That's literally what he did when he got to Notre Dame. I'm not saying that he is a bad coach, but he is more suited to the NFL game when players can devote 100% of their time to learning the offense. Other teams run pro-style offenses, but those are adapted to the college game while Weis is famous for his complicated plays, NFL terminology, and his ego not letting him compromise his system. Don't get me wrong, if UF develops its quarterbacks and skill players for the long-term and they learn the plays, they will be a perennial top 5 offensive team. It just needs to be proven.

Brady Quinn is somehow a scrub? He had two full years of development and experience before Weis came and went from 9 TDs and 15 INTs in 2003 as a freshman (9 starts) to 15 TDs and 9 INTs as a sophomore. It's not only the playbook that matters, he had two years to learn how to read defenses and adjust to the speed of the college defensive backs in a west coast offense before transitioning to a scheme where the run is (supposed to be) an actual threat to set up the pass.

Also, I noticed that you didn't have any response to my questioning of your logic that just because someone is a top-tier coordinator, they will be a great head coach by default.

Sorry that you feel so threatened by a newcomer on the board making your comments look bad that you have to stoop to insulting a stranger over an electronic medium.
I am not threatened at all my friend. You are agreeing with basically everything and I am saying and trying to put your own spin on it. Who cares if they passed the ball a lot. It was still effective. You totally looked passed Notre Dames terrible defense and put all the blame on the offense . If you really want talk about something explain to mean how Miami has never won the ACC in the regular season or played for their own conference title.

I almost forgot. That Charlies Weis talent that he recruited put a beating on yall in that bowl game this year vs Notre Dame :greetings10:

I'm tired of clowing your dumb a.ss, but it was fun.

Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 06-29-2011 at 11:59 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #9627
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245
clown he sonned you and backed up his facts... you think we forgot about cheeseburger charlie

now stay out of this thread and go talk to yourself in that gator thread nobody cares about
 5 years ago '07        #9628
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space

That gator thread is a ghost town
 5 years ago '04        #9629
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
I remember when the gator thread started... it was 1000bluntz who started that sh*t and thank goodness that f*ggot has been long gone. He was the only one talking to himself then
 5 years ago '04        #9630
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 Deeangoe said:

ohh nothing new to see here guys,

keep it moving

Nope, nothing strange to see there. It's a erryday thing.

Wonder how many former gators and noles are working out back with in their schools
 5 years ago '05        #9631
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:

That gator thread is a ghost town
Just like Miami's football program has been since they joined the ACC
 5 years ago '06        #9632
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245
 Cap Peeler said:
Nope, nothing strange to see there. It's a erryday thing.

Wonder how many former gators and noles are working out back with in their schools
why have all busts/nobodies come back

anyways they had like two of them drafted in the whole draft last year

i hope alot of those kids got a diploma
 5 years ago '05        #9633
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
why have all busts/nobodies come back

anyways they had like two of them drafted in the whole draft last year

i hope alot of those kids got a diploma
@ talking about players being drafted after you guys came off a 6 loss season and getting ran off the field by Notre Dame and their freshman QB
 5 years ago '05        #9634
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
@ this n*gga having to come in the Canes thread if he wants to get a reply.
 07-01-2011, 12:57 AM         #9635
db305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lil Jay 05 said:
I am not threatened at all my friend. You are agreeing with basically everything and I am saying and trying to put your own spin on it. Who cares if they passed the ball a lot. It was still effective. You totally looked passed Notre Dames terrible defense and put all the blame on the offense . If you really want talk about something explain to mean how Miami has never won the ACC in the regular season or played for their own conference title.

I almost forgot. That Charlies Weis talent that he recruited put a beating on yall in that bowl game this year vs Notre Dame :greetings10:

I'm tired of clowing your dumb a.ss, but it was fun.
You have the same debating skills as a 7 year old. You base your argument on an inference that you made without looking at the stats or flat-out ignoring them. And once you do realize that you've lost the f!ght and look like an idiot, you just turtle up and try to change the subject. I never defended Miami's record nor have I once made any comparison to the Gators on conference titles, or even national championships since the mid 2000s (because it's pretty obvious that it's what you want to gloat). Florida has been the better team in a stronger conference, the stats don't lie. I'm here to shut down your stupid logic that Charlie Weis' offense was not the juggernaut you seem to think it has been after Quinn and that it's not a miracle system that will let UF win immediately. Here's how I'll do it:

First, I will quote your original argument:
"Offense was never a problem for Notre Dame you dumb fu*k, the defense could never stop anyone" -Post 9624, June 29, 2011 @9:31PM
"You totally looked passed Notre Dames terrible defense and put all the blame on the offense" -Post 9628, June 30, 2011 @4:59AM

Next, I'll restate some statistics from my previous post:
"Notre Dame was 119th in total offense in 2007 (115th ranked rushing and 110th passing) and 65th in 2008 (101st rushing/34th passing). They got up to 8th nationally in Weis' last year (2009) because they threw the ball 37 times a game since they couldn't run with their 84th ranked rushing offense. They also had 4 500+ yard games against Washington (70th total defense), Washington State (118th), Nevada (54th), and Navy (75th) in 2009."

Now I will put down some more statistics:
Notre Dame 2007- Total Offense: 119th, Total Defense: 39th
Notre Dame 2008- Total Offense: 65th, Total Defense: 39th
Notre Dame 2009- Total Offense: 8th, Total Defense: 86th

And finally make a conclusion based on statistics:
In Notre Dame's post-Quinn years, their total defense was better than over 65% of all Division 1A (FBS) Schools in 2007 (3-9) and 2008 (7-6) while their offense was 119th (aka dead last) and 65th (better than 45% of FBS schools). The only year that your reasoning explaining Notre Dame's struggles actually occurred was in 2009 (6-6). So even if I give you that one, you're still 66% wrong.

Since you realized that you were stupid to say that a stellar coordinator would translate to great head coach, you stopped arguing that point. Once I brought up Quinn's prior years, you stopped arguing that point. So I'm guessing that all you'll do now is call me an idiot without giving any sort of backup other than your opinion.

Last edited by db305; 07-01-2011 at 01:11 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #9636
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
 db305 said:
You have the same debating skills as a 7 year old. You base your argument on an inference that you made without looking at the stats or flat-out ignoring them. And once you do realize that you've lost the f!ght and look like an idiot, you just turtle up and try to change the subject. I never defended Miami's record nor have I once made any comparison to the Gators on conference titles, or even national championships since the mid 2000s (because it's pretty obvious that it's what you want to gloat). Florida has been the better team in a stronger conference, the stats don't lie. I'm here to shut down your stupid logic that Charlie Weis' offense was not the juggernaut you seem to think it has been after Quinn and that it's not a miracle system that will let UF win immediately. Here's how I'll do it:

First, I will quote your original argument:
"Offense was never a problem for Notre Dame you dumb fu*k, the defense could never stop anyone" -Post 9624, June 29, 2011 @9:31PM
"You totally looked passed Notre Dames terrible defense and put all the blame on the offense" -Post 9628, June 30, 2011 @4:59AM

Next, I'll restate some statistics from my previous post:
"Notre Dame was 119th in total offense in 2007 (115th ranked rushing and 110th passing) and 65th in 2008 (101st rushing/34th passing). They got up to 8th nationally in Weis' last year (2009) because they threw the ball 37 times a game since they couldn't run with their 84th ranked rushing offense. They also had 4 500+ yard games against Washington (70th total defense), Washington State (118th), Nevada (54th), and Navy (75th) in 2009."

Now I will put down some more statistics:
Notre Dame 2007- Total Offense: 119th, Total Defense: 39th
Notre Dame 2008- Total Offense: 65th, Total Defense: 39th
Notre Dame 2009- Total Offense: 8th, Total Defense: 86th

And finally make a conclusion based on statistics:
In Notre Dame's post-Quinn years, their total defense was better than over 65% of all Division 1A (FBS) Schools in 2007 (3-9) and 2008 (7-6) while their offense was 119th (aka dead last) and 65th (better than 45% of FBS schools). The only year that your reasoning explaining Notre Dame's struggles actually occurred was in 2009 (6-6). So even if I give you that one, you're still 66% wrong.

Since you realized that you were stupid to say that a stellar coordinator would translate to great head coach, you stopped arguing that point. Once I brought up Quinn's prior years, you stopped arguing that point. So I'm guessing that all you'll do now is call me an idiot without giving any sort of backup other than your opinion.
Looking at stats are overrated. Stats do not tell half the story you idiot. You are posting 2007 stats of an offense with incoming freshman who did not touch campus until late June. What's the point of that? You name me a freshman QB who did not take any lumps in their first year of playing.

2007 was Jimmy Clausens first year with Notre Dame. You're expecting a freshman right out of high school to come in throw 40 TDs like he did his senior year in high school? You said it yourself learning a pro-style offense is hard to learn, but you have to nerve to post the stats of an offense with an incoming freshman and expect him to win the Heisman his first season in college He threw 7 TD's and 6 INT's 1200 yards.

2008 You can see that Jimmy made huge strides which improved the offense from ranked 119 to 65. 25 TD's 17 Int's 3,100 yards passing. His INTs went up due to him being a huge risk taker.

2009 He attempted 15 less passes than he did his junior season and threw for 28 TD's and only 4 Int's. He led them to being the 8th best offense in the country. I am not even going to bring up his QB rating over his three career at Notre Dame Mr. Stat man

Now on to Brady Quinn, Brady Quinn's second season was better than his freshman year, but when Weis got there he had Brady throwing up some crazy numbers. If you think Charlie Weis did not help out Brady any you are fool.

2005 Junior Season 109 QB rating that was almost 30 more points that his sophmore season . 32 Touchdowns 7Int's. He threw 15 more touchdowns and 3 less INTs. 2006 his senior season QB rating dropped 5 points, but threw 37TDs 5 more than his Jr. season and the INTs stayed the same.

Let me draw my Conclusion. When you research stats, they do not tell whole story. Stats do not take in the fact of how someone is inexperinced at another level of football. But stats do show the improvement that someone has had over there career beginning from their freshman year.

When you try use stats in an arguement you need to have reasoning into what you are saying instead of throwing up numbers and making it seem as if you are right just because of the numbers only, you need to go in depth. You need evidence that backs you up, not just the number. I thought you may have learned this in college when you took Statistics, but obviously you didn't Or did you not take statistics in college?

Now carry on with your life.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 07-01-2011 at 09:26 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #9637
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
DB305

Straight ether, these gator fans siced as fu*k over nothing
 5 years ago '05        #9638
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
 ttime236 said:
DB305

Straight ether, these gator fans siced as fu*k over nothing
How did he ether me? His stats did not even go into detail about anything He just posted some numbers and that was it.

All he did was contradict himself the whole time.

How can you compare a Spread offense to a pro-style offense. There are two totally different things. Florida had speed and play-makers at every position. Charlie did not have that at Notre Dame, no game changers at all.

He turned Jeff Samardzija into a star. He was nothing before Weis got there.

Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 07-01-2011 at 10:33 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #9639
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space

He's such a great coach but got the boot

Explain that he did nothing at notre dame but.underachieve and with weak schedules. Everyone sees notre dame games they have a contract with NBC.

Lol at giving charlies offense props against them weak a.ss defenses....n*ggas offense was sh*t against good squads which is why hes a coordinator at florida. Lets Be Real
 5 years ago '07        #9640
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
n*ggas gettin props for moving backwards....
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy