Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #9421
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Hallandale 2012 DB Bailey switches from the 'Canes to Gators
The defensive back gives the Gators nine pledges to their 2012 class.

Willie Bailey stirred up a little bit of a frenzy on Gators' and Hurricanes' message boards across the state Tuesday morning when it slowly leaked out that the talented Hallandale defensive back had decommitted from Miami and committed to Florida.

In what became one of the first battles in the recruiting war between new UM coach Al Golden and his staff and new UF coach Will Muschamp and his, the Gators came out on top.

Bailey said there were several aspects involved in his decision to switch from UM to UF.

"It all started off from our wide receiver from Hallandale who went up to UF," Bailey said Tuesday of Frankie Hammond, a 2009 UF signee in the Urban Meyer era, who was suspended from the football team last summer after a DUI arrest. His scholarship was taken away, but eventually he gained it back.

Hammond caught 22 passes for 276 yards and two touchdowns as a redshirt sophomore last year.

"I was on an unofficial visit and I was looking around because I was starting to get to know the new coaching staff and everyone a little better," Bailey said. "I was up there at the [Florida] Relays and was talking to my friend about it."

Another factor that played a role, although Bailey said it wasn't a huge role, is that former Miami receivers coach Aubrey Hill had taken a similar position at Florida. Hill was recruiting Bailey for the Hurricanes until he left to join Muschamp's staff.

"Coach Hill kind of played a role, but not that much," Bailey said. "I already had a close bond with him. He was very happy when he heard the news."

The 6-foot-1 1/2, 165-pound Bailey, who had 81 tackles, four blocked kicks and two kickoff returns for touchdowns last season as a junior, committed to the 'Canes in September. His commitment to Florida gives the Gators nine pledges to the 2012 class.

Bailey said it really came down to his relationship with the Florida coaches that changed his mind.

He said UM coaches had rarely called him and he did all the contacting in their communication. Some of that, however, was per NCAA rules and the contact period.

"I have a close relationship with all the coaches," Bailey said of UF. "And pretty much the same as Miami, but UF was a little bit more in contact with me.

"But it was basically getting out and experiencing other things. At UF I'll be playing on a big stage in the SEC and there are a lot of fans watching and it's a place that can prepare me for the next level."

Bailey knows his 165-pound frame will need to gain some bulk.

"I hope to be 180 to 190 before I get there, if I can get it done," Bailey said.

Bailey said he has a 2.91 GPA and is still contemplating an early departure from high school.

"Not sure yet," he said. "I have to talk it over with my coach, my family and my guidance counselor. I'm on track with that. I make sure of it."

Also showing interest in Bailey are Florida State, USF, FIU, FAU, Tennessee, Colorado, LSU and Wisconsin. He said he is unsure if he will be taking any official visits elsewhere this fall.
 6 years ago '04        #9422
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
New depth chart: James alone at No. 1, Futch moves up, battles on o-line

Running back Mike James led all players with 124 yards of total yards in Miami’s first scrimmage Saturday, an effort that now has him No. 1 on the depth chart alone.
James, Lamar Miller and Storm Johnson were all listed as co-starters on Thursday’s depth chart, but on the latest one released Tuesday, James is No. 1, Miller is No. 2 and Johnson is No. 3.
*****Other changes from the previous depth chart:
— Shane McDermott has pulled even with Tyler Horn as starting center.
— Seantrel Henderson has dropped to No. 2 left tackle again after having moved up to share the top spot with Malcolm Bunche.
— Blake Ayles has moved ahead of John Calhoun as the No. 1 tight end.
— Adewale Ojomo, who had six tackles (four for a loss) and two sacks in the scrimmage, has regained the starting spot at defensive end from Olivier Vernon.
— Injured defensive tackle Marcus Forston is no longer listed on the depth chart. In his absence, Luther Robinson is co-starter with Olsen Pierre, who has moved back inside again.
— Jordan Futch is now co-No. 1 at middle linebacker with Jimmy Gaines after leading all defenders with nine tackles in Saturday’s scrimmage. Futch had been the No. 2 outside linebacker behind Sean Spence.
— Kelvin Cain, who went into the scrimmage as the backup to Gaines, now occupies Futch’s former spot behind Spence.
— Lee Chambers, who wasn’t listed on the previous depth chart, is now No. 2 behind Brandon McGee. Chambers moved ahead of Thomas Finnie, who is now third.
— Kacy Rodgers now shares the No. 2 spot behind Vaughn Telemaque at free safety with walk-on Andrew Swasey.
Asked about the changes on the depth chart, Coach Al Golden said, “One of the things I told the coaches on Sunday when I came in and watched the whole [film of Saturday’s scrimmage] was that I want the depth chart to reflect performance, not potential. A lot of coaches get fired based on waiting for someone with potential to develop. I want it based on performance. And clearly there are battles within that depth chart that we see every day.”
*****Here is the entire depth chart [Starters in BOLD]:
OFFENSE
QB: Jacory Harris OR Stephen Morris, Spencer Whipple
HB: Mike James, Lamar Miller, Storm Johnson
WR: LaRon Byrd, Tommy Streeter
WR: Travis Benjamin, Allen Hurns, Kendal Thompkins
LT: Malcolm Bunche, Seantrel Henderson
LG: Harland Gunn OR Brandon Linder
C: Tyler Horn OR Shane McDermott
RG: Brandon Washington, Jared Wheeler OR Jermaine Barton
RT: Jermaine Johnson, Ben Jones
TE: Blake Ayles, John Calhoun, Chase Ford, Clive Walford, Cory White
DEFENSE
DE: Adewale Ojomo, Olivier Vernon
DT: Micanor Regis, Curtis Porter
DT: Luther Robinson OR Olsen Pierre
DE: Andrew Smith, Marcus Robinson
OLB: Travis Williams, C.J. Holton
MLB: Jimmy Gaines OR Jordan Futch
OLB: Sean Spence, Kelvin Cain
CB: Brandon McGee, Lee Chambers, Thomas Finnie
FS: Vaughn Telemaque, Andrew Swasey OR Kacy Rodgers
SS: Ray Ray Armstrong, Tyrone Cornileus, A.J. Highsmith
CB: JoJo Nicolas, Keion Payne OR Eduardo Clements
SPECIAL TEAMS
KR: Travis Benjamin, Lamar Miller
PR: Travis Benjamin, Kendal Thompkins
K: Jake Wieclaw, Alex Irastorza
P: Jake Wieclaw, Cameron Dean, Alex Irastorza
FG: Jake Wieclaw, Alex Irastorza
LS: Chris Ivory, Billy Sanders, Andrew Tallman
SS: Chris Ivory, Tyler Horn
H: Spencer Whipple, Jacory Harris
 6 years ago '04        #9423
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
spring game is this saturday?
 6 years ago '05        #9424
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$14,476 | Props total: 1825 1825
 6 years ago '04        #9425
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 MysticKJ said:
like anyone is checkin the fsu thread

by the way, who's that chick in your avy
 6 years ago '05        #9426
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$14,476 | Props total: 1825 1825
 Cap Peeler said:
like anyone is checkin the fsu thread

by the way, who's that chick in your avy
gotta see what Canes fans are talking about...

Gemma Atkinson is the chic...
 6 years ago '06        #9427
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
From Susan Miller Degnan...

quote:

smillerdegnan

#um #cane lb ramon buchanan (charged w felonies) no longer suspended.

Golden Goon dont give a fu*k
 6 years ago '04        #9428
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 P. Dedos said:
Golden Goon dont give a fu*k
my n*gga Golden wants to bring Thug U back. You can tell that n*gga been watching that 30 for 30 The U Finally we'll have a coach who won't punish players for celebrating after scoring TDs, sacks, tackles and sh*t
 04-08-2011, 06:55 AM         #9429
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
spring game is this saturday?
Its actually just another practice at Traz Powell..
 6 years ago '06        #9430
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
my n*gga Golden wants to bring Thug U back. You can tell that n*gga been watching that 30 for 30 The U Finally we'll have a coach who won't punish players for celebrating after scoring TDs, sacks, tackles and sh*t
*add night club f!ghts/street brawls/ and public intoxication to the list

thank you golden goon :agreement6:
 6 years ago '04        #9431
space
space
lamar miller looking good in this scrimmage. Sean spence lighting up motherfu*kers... The offense is throwing more swing passes, screens,a nd crossing routes. Yet to c a long throw
 6 years ago '04        #9432
space
space
:smh; jacory with an int........ The coaches made the defense go on the field and celebrat the int... Defenitely different than shannon
 6 years ago '04        #9433
space
space
God damn sean spence is about to put someone in the hospital.... Lighting folks up
 6 years ago '04        #9434
space
space
"we stop them we celebrate. Get hyped" this what the coaches been saying on defense
 6 years ago '04        #9435
space
space
jordan futch is a new player.... Lighting up folks too.. He has 3 or 4 sacks that ive seen
 6 years ago '04        #9436
space
space
THe d-cord made the defensive players that were on the bench go on the field and chew out the defense cuz they had given up too many yards
 6 years ago '04        #9437
space
space
stephen morris with a td pass to streeter... Jacory has looked hesitant to throw and has taken off running alot. I dont know if he doing it cuz he knows he wont get hit
 6 years ago '04        #9438
space
space
jacory 50yd bomb to tb3 for the td
 6 years ago '06        #9439
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 6 years ago '05        #9440
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
ey -ohh
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy