Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
73 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He got three girlfriends, could you handle that?
87 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uruguay has been hit by the Instathot nation
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 02-12-2007, 04:31 PM         #921
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Booker T and Coral Gables High are forever known as cane schools
 10 years ago '06        #922
FullTimeHustla 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,642 | Props total: 1 1
I Heard Tim Walton Got Promoted To Defensive Coordinator
That n*gga Can Recruit :applause:
 10 years ago '04        #923
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Hoolllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaa
 10 years ago '04        #924
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
Michael Barrow = LB Coach
Tim Walton = D.Coordinator/DB coach
Coach Corey Bell of Miami Edison = Director of Football Operations
 10 years ago '05        #925
Mac1 
space
space
space
$259 | Props total: 0 0
The U Is Coming Back Count On It...
 02-13-2007, 06:20 PM         #926
SP1200 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Question for Canes fans...

I never followed Reggie Wayne's career at Miami-FL. What was your impression of him as a Cane? Obviously he's a top NFL WR now, but he was real raw coming in, just wondering how he was in college.
 10 years ago '06        #927
FullTimeHustla 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,642 | Props total: 1 1
 SP1200 said:

I never followed Reggie Wayne's career at Miami-FL. What was your impression of him as a Cane? Obviously he's a top NFL WR now, but he was real raw coming in, just wondering how he was in college.
HES THE CANE ALL TIME RECORD HOLDER FOR RECEPTIONS,#2 REC. YARDS, T-3( ANDRE JOHNSON) TD PASSES CAUGHT
 10 years ago '04        #928
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 SP1200 said:

he wasnt the fastest receiver on that squad (santana moss, andre johnson, kevin beard, jason geathers, andre king had better 40 times) but he was always a great route runner and had very good hands. he was a really good possession receiver who came up with clutch third down catches. my best memory of him was an 80-yard bomb he caught on virginia tech. i'd be lying if i said i knew he'd be THIS good in the pros

Last edited by madness; 02-13-2007 at 06:59 PM..
 02-13-2007, 07:12 PM         #929
SP1200 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thanks for your replies.

As for the above post, yeah. Colts just have a habit of making guys that good (read: Peyton Manning helps a lot.) Look at Joseph Addai, just a starter by default at LSU, granted he had a productive career...nobody could have guessed he'd produce like he has thus far in the NFL.
 02-13-2007, 07:14 PM         #930
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FullTimeHustla said:
HES THE CANE ALL TIME RECORD HOLDER FOR RECEPTIONS,#2 REC. YARDS, T-3( ANDRE JOHNSON) TD PASSES CAUGHT
 10 years ago '04        #931
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Tampa (Fla.) Plant High School WR Derek Winter watched teammate and close friend Robert Marve head to the Hurricanes Feb. 7.

Could Winter, who was Marve's favorite target last year, follow suit down the road?

"I've talked a little to the Miami coaches, and Marve's been talking to them about me," Winter said. "Miami's a school I'll be looking at. They're high caliber. If they're interested in me then I'd definitely be interested in them."

So far he says he's getting the most recruiting interest from Florida, BC, Ole Miss and USF.

If the Canes do decide to offer at some point Winter says having Marve on campus would be a big draw.

"It's always good to know someone," he said. "Plus he's a good friend of mine and he's a good quarterback. It would definitely be a major plus and help out in my decision if Miami offers."

The 6-foot-2, 190-pounder had 90 receptions for 1,280 yards with 20 touchdowns last season. He also played defense and had 43 tackles and four interceptions.

"He's a kid who has gained some strength and has gotten faster," Plant High coach Robert Weiner said. "Like Robert, as he put on weight and got stronger he got faster. We call it speed size. And Miami has expressed interest in him."

As for his college outlook, Winter said, "I definitely want to stay south, but I have no preferences right now."

He had this to say about Miami's new quarterback: "He's the real deal. He knows what he's doing, definitely has the throwing ability. I don't know how he couldn't excel anywhere he went. I think he'll do great things."
 10 years ago '04        #932
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Tequesta (FL) N. Palm Beach Benjamin High School QB Conner Kempe got a visit at his school from offensive coordinator Patrick Nix the week before signing day.

"He was just talking to my coaches," Kempe said. "They said he only had good things to say and that he was looking forward to recruiting me."

Kempe has a connection to UM -– his father, Joe, played there for a year before transferring.

So far Kempe lists offers from Virginia and Stanford.

What does he want in a college?

"Definitely a school that has a good quarterbacks coach," he said. "It's every kid's goal to make it to the next level after college, so someone that will help me with that. And a team that has a winning tradition, a good football tradition. And a school if I ever get hurt I can fall back on the education I've got."

A 6-foot-4, 210-pounder with 4.8-second speed, Kempe threw for 2,100 yards and 17 touchdowns as a junior.

Kempe began starting as a sophomore.

And his father already had an eye on his recruitment at that time.

Joe Kempe set up a website for his son last year: .

The front page of the site shows Kempe playing football and baseball –- "I'm dropping baseball this year," Conner says. "I throw at 6 a.m. and lift after school, so there's no time."

A highlight (or lowlight, depending on your perspective) of the site: Under social life there's a video of Kempe and his friends doing a cheerleading routine.

Kempe is the tallest one in the video.

"That's pretty funny," Kempe says.

Kempe says he doesn't have any early favorites –- "I want to keep everything open," he says.

Of UM, he says, "With Miami's history and stuff, I think I'll look strongly at them."
 10 years ago '04        #933
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
When Miami Northwestern High School DT Marcus Forston won the overall MVP award at UM's summer camp last year, it marked the first time a junior won the award.

And it showed that Forston's no ordinary football prospect.

The rising senior is so extraordinary that he says coach Randy Shannon intentionally didn't take a second defensive tackle in the Class of 2007.

The way Forston sees it, Shannon figures that spot will be filled by him.

"I think that's why they didn't take a second tackle," Forston said. "Coach Shannon put a little bug in my ear, told me he's not going to recruit a lot of defensive tackles because he knows he has me and Benjamin (Jones, a defensive end prospect at Miami Northwestern) coming in. They didn't recruit too many defensive tackles -– I like that."

Of course, there's still a year left of recruiting before any recruit officially will become a Cane.

For now, at least, Forston says UM is sitting pretty.

"They're No. 1 right now," Forston said. "It's home and I love the environment down there. Everybody that has left out of there they treat like family.

"Right now it's a big lead because the other colleges can't talk to me. For me knowing Randy Shannon a long time, I trust him more than any other head coach. I've known coach Shannon since ninth grade going to the [Miami summer] camp. Coach Shannon has said he likes how I switch up my moves every play and how I explode off the ball."

Forston says his early top five is rounded out by Florida, USC, Auburn and Rutgers.

He lists early offers from all of them.

Programs like Nebraska and Tennessee have also extended early scholarship offers.

"I'm going to take it to signing day because I'm going to take all my visits," said Forston, a 6-foot-3, 290-pounder with 4.8-second speed.

When it's all said and done, Forston says he wouldn't be shocked if several Miami Northwestern players wind up as Canes.

"We talk about it, we say `Imagine all of us to the U -- we might make a billboard,'" Forston said.

Forston says five other teammates are being actively recruited by the Canes -– Jones, Sean Spence, Tommy Streeter, Aldarius Johnson and Jacory Harris.

"We're all a family just like UM, are at each others' house and do things like regular kids," Forston said.

Forston began to make a name for himself nationally as a sophomore, making 65 tackles including 12 sacks. Last year he was a standout playing defensive end, tackle and tight end in goal line situations.

Forston's older brother, Dustin, also went through the recruiting process a couple of years ago. He is now entering his junior year at FAU.

"He told me [the recruiting process] is all a game, the coaches want to use you like you want to use them," Forston said. "The best coach is going to be the coach that will sit down with your family and tell you how they want you to graduate."
 10 years ago '04        #934
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Miami Booker T. Washington High School CB Brandon Harris is already projected as one of the nation's top prospects.

He currently lists 10 scholarship offers, including Miami, Florida, FSU, Tennessee, Auburn and Rutgers.

At 5-foot-11, 185 pounds and with a 4.35-second SPARQ time, Harris is a big-time playmaker. He played quarterback, receiver and defensive back last season -- he was 10 for 10 passing for 250 yards and three touchdowns, and he also caught 38 passes for 576 yards and 10 touchdowns; on defense he had 30 solo tackles, three sacks and five interceptions (two returned for touchdowns). He also had 85- and 98-yard touchdown returns.

So what school might end up with this talented player?

Stay tuned.

Harris says he'll have a top five in place before spring football. Then he plans to have a top three by his football season.

He says "right now Miami's in my top five."

Asked if there are any other schools in his top five right now Harris says, "I haven't really sat down and thought about others in my top five yet. I have to think about it."

He has spoke with Cane coaches Tim Walton and Randy Shannon.

"I talked to them the week before the Super Bowl on the phone," Harris said. "They were telling me about the opportunities at their program. I told them I was interested. They told me to give them a good look because a lot of people were turned off because of their record last year, but they said it's going to be a whole new program with the athletes they have ... and I saw that with the signees, they had a pretty good class."

Harris already knows plenty about Miami's program.

His brother is UM track standout Tim Harris.

"He's not pressuring me to go there -- he's a junior right now, will be a senior coming up," Harris said.

And Harris' father is Booker T. Washington's coach Tim Harris Sr. Harris Sr. has seen some of his past players go onto Miami -– current players from the school include Chavez Grant and Antonio Dixon.

"I've gone to the camps there -– I went to the summer camp two years in a row, the last two years," said Harris. "They showed great interest in me at summer camp. They said they liked my versatility, how I could move around to different positions and excel."

As for what he wants in a college, Harris said, "One of the most important things would have to be the education. I really will look deep into the school, see what majors they offer. I want to major in criminal justice. A school has to work around my major. I'm not afraid to leave home if I have to. If I stay home that would be a good thing, but it's not that important."
 10 years ago '04        #935
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 madness said:
When it's all said and done, Forston says he wouldn't be shocked if several Miami Northwestern players wind up as Canes.

"We talk about it, we say `Imagine all of us to the U -- we might make a billboard,'" Forston said.

Forston says five other teammates are being actively recruited by the Canes -– Jones, Sean Spence, Tommy Streeter, Aldarius Johnson and Jacory Harris.

"We're all a family just like UM, are at each others' house and do things like regular kids," Forston said.

i love it
 02-14-2007, 01:14 PM         #936
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is the year for us to grab a lot of florida kids.. We gotta win games tho
 10 years ago '04        #937
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
• Former UM QB and Heisman Trophy winner Gino Torretta said he's interested in becoming the Canes' athletic director when Paul Dee retires -- and said president Donna Shalala is aware of it. ''She knows my love for the university and ability to bring in money,'' said Torretta, who is a manager of institutional sales. Shalala declined comment, saying UM has an AD.

• Classy move by 49ers and former UM running back Frank Gore, who paid for air fare and five hotel nights for former UM running back coach Don Soldinger and his wife to attend the Pro Bowl with him. ''It's his way of saying thanks,'' said Soldinger, who is an administrative a.ssistant at k!llian High.

10 years ago '04        #938
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
This is the year for us to grab a lot of florida kids.. We gotta win games tho
true...we're taking steps in the right direction
 10 years ago '04        #939
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
UM FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK
8 Canes make academic team
By SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN

Eight Miami Hurricanes players were named to the Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Football team Tuesday, the highest total in the conference.

The eight were guard Andrew Bain, offensive tackle Jason Fox, tight end Greg Olsen, kicker Jon Peattie, safety Kenny Phillips, linebacker Darryl Sharpton, wideout Sam Shields and center Anthony Wollschlager.

Boston College and Duke were second in the conference with six players each.

Florida State had four: defensive back Myron Rolle, running back Antone Smith, quarterback Drew Weatherford and punter Graham Gano.

To be eligible, a player must have a 3.0 grade-point average for the fall semester or have maintained a 3.0 cumulative average during his academic career.

''I guess we're not a football factory anymore,'' UM coach Randy Shannon said in a written statement. ``We're an academic factory now. You have to give a lot of credit to our academic staff.''

more academic all-americans than duke, boston college, north carolina....oh my, what a bunch of thugs
 02-14-2007, 01:37 PM         #940
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
''I guess we're not a football factory anymore,'' UM coach Randy Shannon said in a written statement.
:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
85 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
139 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
158 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
51 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside BOSKOE100 mad at SOULJA BOY.. say he make the BLOODS look like clowns !..
81 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Never noticed this from Scream 1
96 comments
1 day ago