Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #9361
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,585 | Props total: 11969 11969
wait wtf did i just read that andrew swasey on the depth chart

his son what in the world?

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #9362
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Canes start spring practice under Golden
by: Steve Gorten March 5th, 2011 | 12:51 PM CORAL GABLES — The Hurricanes started spring football practice Saturday morning, and the difference under new coach Al Golden could be seen when the players took the field.
On defense, the first-teamers wore black jerseys while the backups wore orange. On offense, the first-teamers wore green and the rest wore white.
It was all based on the pre-spring depth chart that the a.ssistant coaches and coordinators helped announce to players on Friday, Golden said.
“We don’t just put sheets. you can’t build a program like that,” Golden said. “You have to communicate. The one thing that we try to do is communicate on a daily basis so there are no surprises. None of this came as a surprise to anybody. Their rankings and evaluations are posted for almost immediate feedback after each workout so there are no surprises.”
Evaluations will be made daily, Golden added, and changes to the depth chart could be made daily depending on how players perform.
“The players on this team that prepare and practice the best will always start the game,” he said. “And the players that perform the best in the game, execute the best, will always finish the game.”
Spencer Whipple, listed as the No. 1 QB, “edged out Jacory [Harris] just by a hair, but Jacory had a good offseason program as well,” Golden said, noting that Whipple was better than Harris a day or two.
“I’m anxious to see all three of them compete,” Golden said. “They’ll all get opportunities with the 1s.”
Harris said of the depth chart: “I like what the coaches are doing. It’s just going to make you f!ght.”
Some other notes from the Day 1 of spring:
— Golden said he’s eager to see what WRs Kendal Thompkins, Allen Hurns and Tommy Streeter — all rarely used last season — can offer this spring. He said there are some other players he needs to evaluate more, notably RBs Eduardo Clements and Darion Hall.
— DT Marcus Forston said he has dropped 21 pounds since the Sun Bowl — he’s down to 295 — by eating healthier. Strength and conditioning coach Andreu Swasey told me a couple of weeks ago that Forston had also been a beast in the offseason conditioning program.
— Golden said DE Olivier Vernon and LB Kelvin Cain were not on the pre-spring depth chart because they were beaten out by others. Vernon downplayed it.
“I didn’t know it was coming, but it really didn’t matter to me. Everybody’s going to play,” Vernon said. He added of the depth chart, “You can’t be comfortable. It’s just a wake-up call for the people that were starting.”
— SS Ray Ray Armstrong, also not listed on the depth chart, “is struggling with an injury,” Golden said.
“So his status is not clear yet. We will probably have a better idea after spring break.”
— TE Asante Cleveland is out for spring with a right arm injury. He was wearing a soft black brace from above his elbow down to his wrist and it was immobilized by a harness.
— WR LaRon Byrd said he changed his jersey number from 47 to 2 to honor his cousin who passed away in 2009. Byrd said he’s dedicating the upcoming season to his cousin. No. 2 previously belonged to RB Graig Cooper, who graduated.
— Golden on opening spring with Thomas Finnie, a freshman who enrolled in January, as one of his starting CBs: “His work ethic is ahead of his years right now. He came in with excellent maturity, work ethic and a no-nonsense approach. He’s had a great off-season program.”
— A few of UM’s 2011 signees attended Saturday’s practice, including the top recruit in the class – Tampa Alonso DE Anthony Chickillo. Former UM WR Kevin Beard, now coaching at University School, also was there.
 6 years ago '06        #9363
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
Golden Goon Going Into UGA Territory

Every year there seems to be an abundance of smaller, slot receivers, but it's harder to find a speedy, tall, athletic wide receiver. There is a prospect at Cordele (GA) Crisp County that just might be one to watch in the class of 2012.
Jontavious Carter has only played one year of football, but the 6-foot-4, 200-pound, wide receiver is already making his mark as a target for college recruiters. "I've been concentrating on basketball most of my life, but now I see myself as a football player for the next level," Carter stated. "I can make big plays on the football field, and I consider myself a deep threat, as well as a receiver who can catch the ball across the middle. I was timed at 4.57 in the forty last summer."

Carter caught 49 passes for 650 yards, with seven touchdown grabs in 2010, pretty amazing for someone still learning the game.

"Our football coach got me out for football, and after a few days he told me football would be my ticket to college scholarships," he explained. "I'm still learning how to play the position, but I think things are going great for me. I expect to be a much more polished receiver as a senior."

College recruiters have taken notice, and several have let Carter know they will be recruiting him from this point forward.

"I don't have any offers yet, but a lot of schools say they're close to offering," Carter noted. "Schools like Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi State, Wake Forest, and a few others have told my coach they are close to offering. A lot of these schools have been to my high school, talking to my coach in the past week."
Although most of the interest in Carter is coming from schools in the South, he indicated he would be receptive to hearing from schools from across the country.

"I'm open to everyone right now, and I'm interested in every school right now," he exclaimed. "I believe I could go anywhere to college, as long as I was comfortable. There are schools up North I'd be interested in, like Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, schools like that. I have family in Ohio, so I'm familiar with the football up there."

"Wherever is the best fit for me is where I'll be going," he continued. "I just love college football, and I follow it every week. I like Miami a lot too, and I like a lot of schools, really. I'm going to try to play on a 7on7 team in Miami this spring. Even though it's a long way from home, I'm planning on being at the tryouts on February 5th in Miami. I want to be

Last edited by DEDOS; 03-10-2011 at 12:07 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #9364
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
^ earlier article officially commited

ontavious Carter is a talented athlete that has been known about his production on the basketball court, but after playing one year of high school football, his dream saw enough to offer. Minutes later, Carter committed.

"Miami got my film in the mail and they watched it today. I called Coach [Brennan] Carroll to make sure they got it and he told me they saw it and that they wanted to offer me a full ride to Miami," said Jontavious Carter.
"I talked to Carroll for a little bit, then I talked to Coach [Al] Golden and I told him I wanted to be part of 'The U'. He told me to talk to my family and then to call him back."

"I talked to my grandma, I told her what happened, and then I called Coach Golden back and committed to him. I told him that I wanted to be a Hurricane, I wanted to be part of the family, and that I was ready to be part of Miami."

This is the offer Carter wanted. He has said since Scout identified him late in 2010 that he wanted to be a Hurricane. Carter contacted Miami, he personally sent them his highlights, and this means a lot to him.

"I put it all together, I kept calling the recruiting office until they picked up, and going to Miami was my dream. I grew up playing basketball and the only football team I watched on T.V. was Miami. They played like I like to play, they were fun to watch, and I told my coach last year as soon as I committed to playing football that I wanted to work to get to Miami. It was my dream and now it is going to come true."

Carter is a 6-foot-4, 190 pound wide receiver out of Cordele (GA) Crisp County and he was drawing attention from schools like Georgia and Mississippi State, but none had offered yet. It wouldn't have mattered.

"Miami is the offer I wanted," he said. "I am ready to be a Cane, I want to get down there early, and I am just going to keep working so I am ready when I get there."
 6 years ago '05        #9365
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 P. Dedos said:
spencer whipple

[video - click to view]

peep the duck pass 4:16

btw ne one know the deal with the black jerseys??

Last edited by Deeangoe; 03-10-2011 at 05:00 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #9366
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
ohhhh myyy if we can pull this one off :wow:

Patrick Johnsons Bro :wow:

I'm buying it. Especially after what he said in this interview...

Ely wide receiver Avery Johnson made a commitment to the LSU Tigers as soon as the date September 1st arrived.

Johnson picking LSU didn’t surprise anyone considering the success that his older brother, Patrick Peterson, had in Baton Rouge.

Despite the early commitment, Johnson (6-2, 175) is starting to warm up to Miami after attending their practice on Tuesday. He also attended their latest junior day held back on February 20th.

“When I was at practice yesterday, that was my second time back there this spring,” Johnson said. “They wanted me to come back so I could see how they do things and how they practice. They said it could be like an inside look of what things would be like when I do get to college.”

It seems that the Canes may have vaulted to the top of Johnson’s list although he maintains that he is still committed to LSU.

“I mean I’m strong with LSU but I’m starting to open up to a lot more programs now and I’m really liking Miami,” Johnson said. “They’re my frontrunner off what I saw yesterday. I really like those guys and they should be really good this year. I can’t wait to see how the offense and the receivers do this year. It’s going to be exciting and I know they’re going to be good. Coach Golden, in my opinion, is going to get this team back to the old days with the swagger. That’s my honest opinion right there.”

Since Johnson currently wants to explore other options including Miami, does he regret making such an early commitment?

“I’m not going to lie to you because sometimes I do,” Johnson said. “So many schools are coming after me but I did what I did.”

Johnson went over some of his observations from watching the Canes practice.

“I noticed that they are one team and practice is uptempo,” Johnson said. “It was amazing to see everybody running from drill to drill. It’s going to make me work even harder and take this back to my own team at Ely. If that’s how Miami practices, then that’s how we need to practice. They were going so hard and I really enjoyed it. I loved everything out there at practice.”

Johnson’s comments on the receivers revolved around how they simultaneously balance the ideas of competition and having fun.

“The receivers were really competing with each other,” Johnson said. “They were catching a lot of balls but still laughing and being together as a group. Instead of anybody hating each other, it’s one family. Like I said, I enjoyed seeing that.”

Johnson spoke with nearly the entire coaching staff but Coach Golden relayed a very simple message to the talented playmaker.

“I talked to like all the coaches basically but Coach Golden was the last one,” Johnson said. “Their message was that if I come to the ‘U’, I will have a chance to play.”

What made that message really hit home with Johnson was seeing physical evidence of that instead of just hype.

“When I went to Miami for the junior day, Thomas Finnie told me that you have to come in and outwork the guy in front of you,” Johnson said. “Doesn’t matter if it’s a senior, junior, or sophomore, you can beat them out if you’re ready to work. I walked out on to the field yesterday and of course I see Thomas Finnie starting as a true freshman at cornerback. The coaches didn’t lie to me and that showed yesterday. I like that about them, that they won’t like about anything.”

Miami has an additional angle working with Johnson since he is part of the South Florida Express 7 on 7 squad. The Canes have four current pledges who participate on the team.

“I’m cool with Duke (Johnson) and Keith Brown, those guys really,” Johnson said. “Keith is trying to get me over there as a part of the ‘U’ family. He wants to hopefully win national championships so he talks to me about it all the time. He says ‘Come be a part of the ‘U’ so we’ll see what happens.

Last edited by DEDOS; 03-11-2011 at 03:53 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #9367
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
 Deeangoe said:

peep the duck pass 4:16

btw ne one know the deal with the black jerseys??
i believe they mean they are the starters because of the workouts and the offseason program..

wats the deal with sentrel henderson looking to tranfer and being suspended for game 1 of the season?
 6 years ago '04        #9368
space
space
strauzer

Per CaneSport's Shodell, spoke to Seantrel's dad, he said "He’s definitely staying at Miami. He’s not coming home and playing in Minnesota" about 1 hour ago via web Retweeted by allCanesBlog and 3 others
 6 years ago '06        #9369
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
bullshyt rumor

hes not eaven suspended

heres a comment from goldend and shentrel

Quote from Al Golden: “Seantrel has every intention of remaining with the University of Miami and our football program. It is disappointing that individuals are taking the liberty to hypothesize on his future. He is coming off a strong finish to off-season workouts, rotated with the first team on Thursday and is well respected and liked by his teammates. Seantrel is growing into a leader, loves the game and cares deeply about being a part of the Miami Hurricane family.”

Quote from Seantrel Henderson, "I am committed to my teammates, coaches and the championship goals we are chasing at the University of Miami. I have no desire to play anywhere but at the U."
he already has a black jersey
 6 years ago '04        #9370
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Just got back to the states from a week long spring break vacation in beautiful colombia. Somebody please fill me in on what I've missed on.
 6 years ago '05        #9371
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
Just got back to the states from a week long spring break vacation in beautiful colombia. Somebody please fill me in on what I've missed on.
nothing important happend, but do tell about them colombian chicks
 6 years ago '04        #9372
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
how did my homeland treat u?
 6 years ago '04        #9373
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
how did my homeland treat u?
read below

Deeangoe said:
nothing important happend, but do tell about them colombian chicks
lmao mah n*gga

I'm half colombian i lived in cali for two years but that's when i was like 8 yrs old... first time back to the homeland in more than decade .............

but if you ever find yourself down there, Cali is like nothing u ever seen before. Every chick down there is in a competition... they wanna outlook each other. They go miles to be the top b**ch. It's like a modeling competition... except that models ain't got s**t on them b**ches. 80% of the girls down there make the chicks on rap videos look like a bunch of wannabees. It's stupid. I can't really explain you... I ain't been to colombia in 11 years so alotta s**t was new to me when i got down there again... i mean.. n*gga... I swear the moment the plane hit that alfonso aragon airport in cali, I saw the finest piece of a.ss... at the moment, a 40 something yr old lady i'd seen before. And s**t n*gga i'm from Dade county. I had a boner the whole time i was there

the nightlife makes Miami look like a kindergarten. It's parties from monday to monday. On every corner you find people dancing to salsa, merengue. Alcohol is cheap as f**k. A beer is at most 1400 colombian pesos.. which is 75 f**king cents Aguardiente is Cali's main liquor.. a bottle goes for 25,000 pesos which is roughly 18 bucks .

I went down there with $700. Only exchanged 500 which is almost a million pesos. I partied all f**king day starting friday until yesterday. I traveled to Santa Marta and Cartagena where i had a f**king blast on the beach. Ate the best food I've ever had. f**ked the baddest b**ches I had ever imagined. Drank like I've never had before, aguardiente, whiskey (old parr). Bought souveniers and s**t for my family. And came back with $100 or 198,000 pesos left : needless to say brah ... f**k ive never had such a great time EVER.... from here on out south america is my spot s**t i might just moved down there in a few years who knows

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 03-14-2011 at 11:10 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #9374
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
Good to.hear you had a blast

Me and my homeboy.planning on going down there during the summer

This story only makes me more likely to get the s**t done
 6 years ago '04        #9375
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
Good to.hear you had a blast

Me and my homeboy.planning on going down there during the summer

This story only makes me more likely to get the s**t done
you GOT TO brah... It really is stupid you'll be with your jaw wide open...

I do suggest learning at least a bit of salsa. But whatever, you'll have b**ches on deck when they hear u from the US and u can barely speak spanish or at least have some accent

As long as you stay away from the hoods... you'll be straight... cuz the hoods down there ain't nothing like bankhead, decatur or any of the hoods in atlanta. n*ggas overthere will leave you with no clothes on no joke.

Stay in the south or north of cali

best time to go is december. Actually they party so much that december 1st is a holiday in cali cuz they celebrate... well... the month of december then they got cali's fair and that s**t is insane too

medellin, cartagena are the two other cities u wanna check out too :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '06        #9376
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
the motherland for my family my dude :rasta:

dem cali hoez dem medillien hoez are thug but s3xxi a.ss f**k too like i like em with that thuggish swag to them
 6 years ago '05        #9377
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
EVER.... from here on out south america is my spot s**t i might just moved down there in a few years who knows

in all seriousness, south/central american spots are the place to be
my familys from nicaragua so i had to go back in december for a week - tend to some family sitatution but still, eat, lived, drinked & party like a king

steaks, lobsters for like $12-15USD
beers are 10-20 pesos, which rounds out to a about $1USD
dont get me started with the bottles at the club, tequila and regular vodka bottles like sky, smirnoff = $20USD, and for grey goose and black label $40-50USD
chicks arent shy about going up to you and asking you to dance, youd be grinding all up on them, and you dont even know each others names
man one night i paid for my cousins friends and myselfs bar tab (tequila + vodka bottles, eaveryone had like 7-8 beers each = bill came out to 4000 pesos = roughly 60-70USD, i was just )
 6 years ago '04        #9378
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Deeangoe said:

in all seriousness, south/central american spots are the place to be
my familys from nicaragua so i had to go back in december for a week - tend to some family sitatution but still, eat, lived, drinked & party like a king

steaks, lobsters for like $12-15USD
beers are 10-20 pesos, which rounds out to a about $1USD
dont get me started with the bottles at the club, tequila and regular vodka bottles like sky, smirnoff = $20USD, and for grey goose and black label $40-50USD
chicks arent shy about going up to you and asking you to dance, youd be grinding all up on them, and you dont even know each others names
man one night i paid for my cousins friends and myselfs bar tab (tequila + vodka bottles, eaveryone had like 7-8 beers each = bill came out to 4000 pesos = roughly 60-70USD, i was just )

brah, i had a plate in bogota on sunday at a restaurant, with filet mignon and pork loin, side of fried yucca, potatoes and salad for 13 bucks :

And they was acting like that s**t was mad expensive too

I brought home 2 bottles of Old Parr (whiskey), one bottle of aguardiente and a bottle of rum called Caldas.

the total was 130,000 pesos = 67 bucks
Can't wait to go back in june :dancingcool:

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 03-15-2011 at 06:49 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #9379
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
read below

lmao mah n*gga

I'm half colombian i lived in cali for two years but that's when i was like 8 yrs old... first time back to the homeland in more than decade .............

but if you ever find yourself down there, Cali is like nothing u ever seen before. Every chick down there is in a competition... they wanna outlook each other. They go miles to be the top b**ch. It's like a modeling competition... except that models ain't got s**t on them b**ches. 80% of the girls down there make the chicks on rap videos look like a bunch of wannabees. It's stupid. I can't really explain you... I ain't been to colombia in 11 years so alotta s**t was new to me when i got down there again... i mean.. n*gga... I swear the moment the plane hit that alfonso aragon airport in cali, I saw the finest piece of a.ss... at the moment, a 40 something yr old lady i'd seen before. And s**t n*gga i'm from Dade county. I had a boner the whole time i was there

the nightlife makes Miami look like a kindergarten. It's parties from monday to monday. On every corner you find people dancing to salsa, merengue. Alcohol is cheap as f**k. A beer is at most 1400 colombian pesos.. which is 75 f**king cents Aguardiente is Cali's main liquor.. a bottle goes for 25,000 pesos which is roughly 18 bucks .

I went down there with $700. Only exchanged 500 which is almost a million pesos. I partied all f**king day starting friday until yesterday. I traveled to Santa Marta and Cartagena where i had a f**king blast on the beach. Ate the best food I've ever had. f**ked the baddest b**ches I had ever imagined. Drank like I've never had before, aguardiente, whiskey (old parr). Bought souveniers and s**t for my family. And came back with $100 or 198,000 pesos left : needless to say brah ... f**k ive never had such a great time EVER.... from here on out south america is my spot s**t i might just moved down there in a few years who knows
my fam from medellin, and this is how it is there too... dimes eveywhere but with a different swag. My whole dad side is over there, i got about 80 cousins over there no bulls**t, i amost hit on one of my cuzins cuz i aint nknow she was family.One of my aunt stayed by where escobar got popped.. and aguardiente gets u f**ked up

im dying to go back, and hit up baranquilla too cuz ive heard there are shakiras everywhere, them middle eastern mixed with colombian... and san andres. My homeboy who is half jamaican/colombian say there are alot of jaamaicans/colombians there.... :datass:
 6 years ago '05        #9380
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
And they was acting like that s**t was mad expensive too
well i dunno what the way of living in colombia is, but in nicaragua its sad how i have family living off 100-200 pesos a day (5-10 USD), its no wonder its expensive to them, thats like a weeks worth food for them

if you ever been to a nicaraguan joint to buy food down in miami a plate of traditional nicaraguan food (fritanga = carne asada, gallo pinto, queso frito + salad) would run you about 6-7 dollars, used to be $5 (damn inflation ), while i was in nicaragua i would buy 7-8 plates full of food to feed me, my moms and just about whoever was with me, whether it was cousins, aunts etc etc, s**t would run me less than $5 USD - i was in complete shock how much food i bought for the equivalent of 1 plate in miami.

then theres tipping, we're so used to and preconditioned to give 15-20% even before we order food, in a check that could run you ne where from $15-20, tipping over there is not required, for us leaving a $2 USD is being a cheapskate, but over there theyll attend to you arm and hand like if you just gave them hundred dollar tip, $2 USD is like 50 bucks for them over there, i would over tip always, ppl would cry and thank me, and bless me everywhere i went just because i would give them $10-20 tips
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
26 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
87 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
370 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy talks about the difference between Diddy and 50 Cent (Drink Cha..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
160 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy