Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside ARIANA GRANDE and MADONNA TWERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 2 - Girl who was bullied kills herself in front of her family
44 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
16 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Conor McGregor Speaks on Boxing License & Next Move
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #9321
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
i got an error
 6 years ago '04        #9322
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
i was able to watch it before now i also get error

it was the team working out in the field, some crazy s**t they had them doing

Last edited by KiNgJaMeS305; 02-18-2011 at 05:17 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #9323
space
space
[code]http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-ash4/79400/982/1890435619967_25605.mp4?oh=737e6f132b66b52a5f18a42 1248bbf14&oe=4D616B00&__gda__=1298230016_1f7edcc34 39f1f87edde494e29da7a04[/code]

try it again
 6 years ago '06        #9324
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,552 | Props total: 11912 11912
Golden Goon
 6 years ago '04        #9325
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:

:wow:
pimpin fix that vid for us cuzo
 6 years ago '04        #9326
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
The Golden One

6 years ago '04        #9327
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
that vid got me hyped as fukk:wow:

golden goon doin his thing already....he's got bigger, stronger, faster players than he's ever had

cant wait to see how they look in the spring
 6 years ago '05        #9328
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
by: Steve Gorten February 18th, 2011 | 3:20 PM
CORAL GABLES — The Hurricanes’ spring football game on April 16 will in fact be played at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, UM announced on Twitter Friday.
It will be open to the public as well as two other scrimmages — one to be held in Miami-Dade County and the other in Palm Beach County. The Hurricanes will start practicing on March 5. Practices will start at 2:15 p.m.
— Also Friday, a UM spokesman tweeted that, according to AD Kirby Hocutt, the ‘Canes won’t have new football uniforms until 2012 and he “is still ready to play Florida,” but “UF has no interest.” The ‘Canes and Gators have just one game scheduled — 2013 at Sun Life Stadium.

at the gators
 6 years ago '04        #9329
space
space
Texas Tech is going hard after AD Kirby Hocutt for the same position at their school
 6 years ago '04        #9330
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Deeangoe said:
by: Steve Gorten February 18th, 2011 | 3:20 PM
CORAL GABLES — The Hurricanes’ spring football game on April 16 will in fact be played at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, UM announced on Twitter Friday.
It will be open to the public as well as two other scrimmages — one to be held in Miami-Dade County and the other in Palm Beach County. The Hurricanes will start practicing on March 5. Practices will start at 2:15 p.m.
— Also Friday, a UM spokesman tweeted that, according to AD Kirby Hocutt, the ‘Canes won’t have new football uniforms until 2012 and he “is still ready to play Florida,” but “UF has no interest.” The ‘Canes and Gators have just one game scheduled — 2013 at Sun Life Stadium.

at the gators
scary a.ss n*ggas
 6 years ago '04        #9331
space
space
Trent Taylor (DE/TE from Lakeland Lake Gibson)! Go Canes!
 6 years ago '05        #9332
Clutch City Kid 80 heat pts80
space
space
$16,654 | Props total: 9090 9090
 P. Dedos said:
meanwhile look at virginia techs schedule :budden:

no shame
f**k VT!!! pus*y a.ss schedule!!! we will have a better record AND will beat better team while doing it!!! :dancingcool: :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '06        #9333
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
Trent Taylor Commits DE from Lakeland (Lake Gibson HS)

My Goodness look at this tape

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #9334
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
According to his coaches at Lake Gibson High (Lakeland, Fla), What to Like: Athletically, Taylor brings a lot to the table. At 6-foot-3 and 235 pounds, he has a good takeoff, closes on the quarterback and opposing ball carriers very well, and can run around and even play in space as an outside linebacker. You'l have a hard time finding many more athletic defensive end prospects than Taylor in this year's class. On the field, his production numbers were excellent because he's a very good football player and makes plays. He finished his junior season as the team's leading tackler with 96, including 13 for loss and he got to the quarterback 15 times What may concern you: He will need to continue getting stronger and doing a better job doing the little things -- using his hands, playing with a good motor all the time, and things like that. He's not a 6-5 kid but has a solid frame that can still add some good weight. He doesn't play anything on the offensive side of the ball, something a lot of 6-3/235 athletes Will Do at the prep level. Bottom Line: Taylor was offered by Miami right around September 1 of his junior year, by Miami's previous coaching staff. When Al Golden and his new staff took over, they obviously liked him enough to keep the offer on the table and Taylor accepted it today. He grew up a Miami fan and will be one of the best defensive end prospects in the state in the 2012 class. He'll likely get recruited regionally and so it's another quality commitment for the Canes. He becomes Miami's sixth 2012 commitment, joining RB Duke Johnson, LB Keith Brown, DB A.J. Leggett, DB Willie Bailey, and QB Gray Crow
 6 years ago '05        #9335
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

CORAL GABLES – Former Rutgers QB Tom Savage decided to transfer to Arizona last week.
Remember Savage?
Once expected to be headed to Miami, Savage found himself looking elsewhere after Hurricanes coach Al Golden turned to former Michigan QB Tate Forcier.
So why Forcier ultimately?
“He’s one of the most accurate passers ever in high school football,” Golden noted. “And he won a lot of games at Michigan as a starting quarterback and has started a lot of games.”
In addition to Forcier’s accuracy, Golden said he’s excited about Forcier’s “football intellect,” and described him as “a winner” who has “moxie.”
Forcier, who threw for 2,647 yards with 17 TD and 10 INT in 20 career games – 12 starts — with the Wolverines, was the nation’s fifth rated dual-threat quarterback coming out of Scripps Ranch High in San Diego, Calif. He completed 69.6 percent of his passes in high school – 77 percent as a junior — and 58.7 percent at Michigan.
“We’re excited to have him come in and a year from now he and Stephen [Morris] will be the upperclassmen. And then we just got two [oral] commitments from kids,” Golden said. “We’ll have four [QBs] for the next two years [after 2011]. That gives us some symmetry and depth and a lot of good quarterback prospects.
“So how quickly everything changed there,” Golden continued, snapping his fingers. “It went from everybody being really down because we didn’t get a certain quarterback[Jacoby Brissett] there at the end to us getting Tate and these two guys. And now all of a sudden we’re moving in the right direction.”
The two oral commitments Golden referred to are Clearwater Countryside’s Gray Crowand Miami Westminster Christian’s David Thompson. The latter will also play baseball at UM. Crow will enroll early in January, I’ve confirmed.
As for Forcier, he initiated contacted after getting his release from Michigan, Golden said.
“He knew there was an incredible opportunity here, really an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, because when does Miami ever have just two quarterbacks on scholarship?” Golden said.
“He’s no different than a lot of great quarterbacks,” Golden added. “I always think of Todd Blackledge and Jeff Hostetler at Penn State. Jeff leaves Penn State, goes to West Virginia and has a great career and ends up winning a Super Bowl.
“I don’t think this is any different. [Denard Robinson] at Michigan is spectacular. There was definitely a shift to running that style of offense and nothing in between during that transition there with [former] Coach [Rich] Rodriguez.”
Forcier’s work ethic was questioned by a teammate at Michigan and he was widely criticized for sulking once Robinson supplanted him as starter.
Asked about those issues, Golden said, “We’ll address all of that, but once he’s yours you have to love him up and teach him your core values. The supreme function of a leader is to set the standard and demand compliance. So that’s what you do.”
Golden added, “The off-field things — when players say those things about another player, that’s an indication of the problems larger than a player. I’ll leave it at that.”
Here are some other notes from my one-on-one interview with Golden last week:
— Golden said the most challenging part of changing the offseason conditioning program to make it more grueling is ensuring players understand it’s not punishment.
“I think they’re starting to understand,” he said. “It becomes even more difficult when you’re in a transition and your relationships aren’t where they need to be yet. But the trust is coming. The relationships are coming. And they clearly understand the vision and plan for this 2011 team. There’s no gray area.”
— Golden said the focus of the offseason program has been adding strength, power and stamina. He also noted, “There are some linemen that are too heavy right now that we have to get squared away.”
— Conversely, QB Jacory Harris continues to strive to add weight.
“He looks good. He looks better. I’d like to see a day where I can get him to 200 pounds,” Golden said. “He’s naturally thin. But he is put together. He’s got good muscle tone. We’ll see where he goes, but I know he has worked hard on gaining weight and has had a good approach overall this offseason.”
— On Harris’ confidence and performance moving forward: “Just focus on the process every day. What’s the process and what do you need to execute every day to achieve your desired outcome? You handle pressure if you stay in the process and if you’re prepared.”
— On his priorities for spring practice, which will start March 5, Golden said, “After watching three of the [bowl] practices, the first thing we have to do is change the speed and overall tempo of the practice. And the energy and enthusiasm that I witnessed in the previous practices, I’d like to enhance that. We want to be an up-tempo, better-conditioned team.
“We have to become a tougher team. The third thing would be being smarter, more disciplined,” Golden added, referring to UM being one of the nation’s worst teams in respect to penalties last season.”
— Golden said in addition to Jordan Futch moving back to LB after experimenting at TE during bowl practices, Cory Whitehas moved from OL to TE.
“Other than that, we’ll see how it shakes out,” he said. “Our job is to get the best 22 on the field. We’ll find a way to do that. I asked the team the other day, if anybody feels they’re out of position where they haven’t played as much as they would have liked or hoped to, but they know they can play another position, please come see me.”
— Golden said no decisions had been made on any players not returning, including LBKevin Nelson.
— Golden said he feels he and his coaching staff is making progress forging relationships with local high school coaches.
“People look at it like it’s putting a Band-Aid on something. It’s not that. It’s going to the source and treating the actual issue, not the symptom of the issue,” Golden said. “So for us, it’s going to be part of our makeup and our culture. We just want to do a really good job communicating with high school coaches. We feel they’re essential.
“We want to treat them as colleagues and peers. We respect them and look at them as somebody we can’t do our job without.”

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #9336
space
space
The University of Miami football program has announced several number changes on its roster, with Storm Johnson, LaRon Byrd and Tommy Streeter among those who will wear a new number this upcoming season.

Johnson, who wore No. 24 last year as a freshman, will wear former cornerback Brandon Harris' No. 1 jersey in 2011. Byrd turned in his No. 47 jersey for No. 2 and Streeter changed from No. 86 to No. 8.

Another notable number change on the roster is Cory White switching from No. 71 to No. 84 with his move from the offensive line to tight end.

Early enrollees Blake Ayles, Thomas Finnie and Olsen Pierre have also received their first numbers as 'Canes. Ayles will wear No. 86, Finnie will wear No. 25 and Pierre will don No. 91.

With his return to linebacker after a brief stint at tight end late last season, Jordan Futch will again wear No. 58.

All four eligible quarterbacks kept their numbers from last season, with Jacory Harris wearing No. 12, Stephen Morris wearing No. 17, Spencer Whipple wearing No. 16 and Alonzo Highsmith wearing No. 11. Tate Forcier, who must sit out the 2011 season due to transfer rules, has yet to receive a number.

full roster
 6 years ago '07        #9337
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
Damn storm rocking the lil league rb number

As long as he produces and contributes to Ws he can wear any damn number
 6 years ago '06        #9338
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 6 years ago '04        #9339
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Richardson enthused about bevy of running backs
by: Steve Gorten
February 22nd, 2011 |

11:06 PM
CORAL GABLES – Terry Richardson got “a little sample” of what his Hurricanes running backs can do long before he became their position coach.
As an a.ssistant coach at Connecticut, Richardson watched film of UM’s games against Pittsburgh and South Florida this **past season in preparation for UConn’s games against those teams.
“They all bring different things to the table,” said Richardson, who has met with each of Miami’s RBs individually. “They all have different personalities. But the one thing that’s consistent is they all love football and love to compete.
“They’re all hungry to run the rock. I think the competition is going to be great. That’s one thing I look forward to.”
When spring practice starts March 5, the Hurricanes will have four tailbacks competing for carries – rising redshirt sophomore Lamar Miller, rising junior Mike James, and rising sophomores Storm Johnson and Eduardo Clements.
South Broward High’s Kevin Grooms, who primarily played RB in high school but signed earlier this month as an athlete, will join the quartet in the fall.
A couple of other notes:
— Richardson said he would have liked Johnson to have been redshirted last season.
“My thinking about that is, and I told Storm the same thing, with the amount of work he got last year, with the guys they had, he would have been better off redshirting,” Richardson said.
“If you burn [a redshirt year], he’s probably got to get a little bit more work than nine carries. …If you burn it, you’re *burning it for a reason with a guy that young. That’s just my opinion. I’m not knocking [the previous coaching staff]. They probably had their reasons, whatever it may be. That’s just how I see the situation.”
Johnson, who was used*to*return kickoffs, had nine carries for 119 yards and a touchdown last season. More than half of that came in the regular season finale against USF – five carries, 79 yards and a TD.
Clements, also a kick returner, saw limited action*in the backfield as well*– eight carries, 32 yards. The duo returned 19 kickoffs combined.
— As of now, Richardson has no plans to move James to fullback to replace departing senior Pat Hill.
*James played FB as a freshman because of an injury to Hill, but returned to his natural position in 2010. James finished third on the team in carries (70), yards (398) and rushing TD (3) last season.
He also had 13 catches for 56 yards and one TD. **
“When I watched Mike James, I was very impressed with him because he did a lot of different things from the backfield,” Richardson said.
“We’re going to put him in the best possible situation for him and us to be successful…and if with some personnel group or in some formation we can use him [at FB], we will. But right now I see him as a tailback and a guy who can contribute.
“He’s an excellent leader and person, and a hard worker. And I like the way he runs the football. He really hits [the hole].”
 6 years ago '04        #9340
space
space
Breaking News: UM AD Kirby Hocutt is leaving Miami and joining Texas Tech. 25 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
82 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
181 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Alleged 72 hour Final Fantasy XV battle actually takes 50 minutes
54 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside J.Cole "For Your Eyez Only" [Official Discussion/Anticipation]
313 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
J.Cole dissing Kanye on new song "False Prophets"
343 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
133 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy