Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
217 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #SPN: Zashia Santiago
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
161 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #9241
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
He sure didnt look so excited

when i left for college in iowa my mom gave me her blessings. She was happy. Wanted me to go to USF since they were offering me as a preferred walk on but she also wanted me to see other places.

if she had try to get me to a school because its what she thinks is best, i would've done that. I wouldn't make such a big decision based on what my best friend wants me to do. Or what my high school coach wanted me to do. f**k that. I couldn't ever make my ol girl cry like that

anyways.. on to the next one. Savage was pretty damn good when McNulty was the OC at Rutgers. He's a pro-style QB and that's what he needs. Let's be honest, unless Brissett really is a special talent, he woulnd't have started over Morris next year
 02-04-2011, 11:00 PM         #9242
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Exactly.

We are looking for someone that will be battling Jacory for 2nd string.

Golden will land his QB in 2012.
 6 years ago '04        #9243
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
"I'm still a Seminole, but I'll support him," Demetria said laughing. "I will not put on Clemson orange. I'll be on that Seminole sideline when they play. I already told him that." him that."
:cool-smiley-009:
 6 years ago '05        #9244
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,686 | Props total: 3795 3795
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
"I'm still a Seminole, but I'll support him," Demetria said laughing. "I will not put on Clemson orange. I'll be on that Seminole sideline when they play. I already told him that." him that."
his mom g as f**k.....
 6 years ago '04        #9245
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
eh, jacoby sounds too much like jacory for my liking

tom savage FTW
 6 years ago '06        #9246
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,683 | Props total: 12216 12216
wasnt even to big on him even commiting on us for what?

get a much better QB next year with only two QB's left on the roster

what QB is not gonna want to commit to us with that shyt and theres alot better QB prospects in dade and others all over the country and with golden with a full year to recruit now

its all good golden goon gonna get a good one
 6 years ago '05        #9247
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,696 | Props total: 5 5
The f**k.... I've never seen the team threads on BX
 6 years ago '07        #9248
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
You late as f**k

Well atleast kno you kno

Update: I shall be a subcriber to.scout by no.later than.next week lost my wallet and that s**t.is a b**ch in florida....gotta provide thsm n*ggas ya life
 02-05-2011, 10:48 PM         #9249
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We got someone up on Rivals, too?

I have ESPN Insider, although it won't be as useful as Scout/Rivals.
 6 years ago '04        #9250
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Miami Hurricanes football players ‘fired up’ by new coach Al Golden

UM coach Al Golden has been on the job less than two months. But it’s clear, talking to players, how much has changed from the Randy Shannon regime.

“You can feel the difference,” Brandon Washington said last week. “This is a wake-up call for the team. Coach Golden said he’s here for us – will love you, respect you and get you better. He has us fired up. I have a great feeling about this. I didn’t see guys working as hard last year.”

Adewale Ojomo loves “the discipline and organization. What we were doing before wasn’t good enough.”

• Under Golden’s orders to strength and conditioning coach Andreu Swasey, workouts are longer, more intense, and the weights are heavier. Also new: players must work on individual position drills five days a week.

Seantrel Henderson, Curtis Porter, Luther Robinson and others vomited initially. “We’re flipping tires, pulling weights on a sled, different things,” Washington said. “This is the Andreu Swasey from 2001, from the national championship team. He was reading notes he had from ’02, ’03. That’s what we needed. We should have done this last year.”

• Washington said players are now given weekly weight-room grades and “if you’re not in the top five at offensive line, you won’t be one of the starters” when spring practice starts.

• There’s more interaction. “Coaches are there having breakfast with us, making sure we eat the right things,” Tommy Streeter said. (Players are required to eat breakfast, unlike last year.) “They come in the weight room at crucial parts of workouts and challenge us mentally and encourage us.”

Sean Spence said players were “shocked” to see Golden’s a.ssistant coaches outside their classes, checking on them, unlike Shannon’s staff. Players never saw the former coaches on campus beyond the football area, Jordan Futch said, but the new coaches “are everywhere.”

• Streeter said there’s more accountability, and Futch said communication has improved. With Shannon, “we never got an e-mail encouraging,” Futch said. “Coach Golden the other day sent an e-mail, ‘Let’s go fellas. Let’s work hard. We have to win a championship.’ ” After Shayon Green mentioned having allergies, Golden “took a picture of Will Smith’s” allergic reaction in the movie Hitch and sent it to players. “The team found it funny – we saw the human side in him,” Futch said.

• Spence said Golden gave players a “thick” booklet, including rules: You must sit in the front row of classes, cannot wear earrings or hats in the building, be five minutes early, and “hold back on cursing.” It also specified team goals, such as finishing in the top 10, among others.

• Futch, one of several players who thought they should have played more, said under Shannon, “it wasn’t a fair system. There was lots of favoritism.” He said the players that Shannon preferred “were going to be in there regardless of whether you messed up or not. Some guys stopped working as hard as they could because it wasn’t going to be a fair shot. Everybody has a fair shot now.”
 6 years ago '04        #9251
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
• Let’s be clear: A lot of players liked Shannon, and Futch appreciates that Shannon taught him “how to be a better man.” But one punitive aspect the players won’t miss is Shannon’s “doghouse.” Futch said players in the doghouse ( Orlando Franklin and Micanor Regis were cited as examples) were banished for varying amounts of time to either “the other side of the locker room, by the laundry chute, where you didn’t face the team,” or “you move to a whole other locker room, the old women’s basketball locker room. Whatever you did to tick him off, you ended up in the doghouse. It could be for anything,” such as being late.

Chatter

• Futch, who moved to tight end in December, is moving back to middle linebacker to compete with Kelvin Cain and others. Golden told us the only other position switch that has been made is Cory White from offensive tackle to tight end (his high school position). … Tolbert Bain, a starting cornerback on UM’s 1987 national championship team, last week was sentenced to 41 months in federal prison for possession and intent to distribute heroin.

• UM, which did not sign a quarterback in this recruiting class, is being considered by two quarterbacks who are transferring. Tate Forcier, who is transferring from Michigan, told ESPN on Saturday that he has narrowed his options to UM, Kansas State, Washington, Arizona and Montana. He said he hopes to make all of his visits in the next week, likely starting with Miami or Kansas State.

Forcier, who threw for 2647 yards and 17 touchdowns at Michigan, started as a freshman and was a backup behind Denard Robinson this past season. Michigan ruled him academically ineligible for last month's Gator Bowl.

Quarterback Tom Savage, who is transferring from Rutgers, is reportedly considering UM, Florida and Arizona, among other schools. Rutgers recently reversed an earlier decision and granted him permission to speak to UM and UF.

Both Forcier and Savage would have two seasons of eligibility remaining but would be required to sit out next season once they transfer. UM has three quarterbacks on scholarship - Jacory Harris, Stephen Morris and Spencer Whipple.

Last month, Forcier announced his plans to transfer via his family's Twitter account. "I really wanted to stay. I was not giving up on Michigan. But in the end, it was made clear they had given up on me," Forcier wrote. Of his struggles at Michigan, he tweeted, "I've been kicked, pushed, knocked down, publicly berated, belittled, emasculated and more. I had to reach rock bottom in order to see the light, and for that, I am thankful.... In summary, I believe I will become a better student and a person of stronger character from these experiences at Michigan."

• Some cite Green Bay’s undrafted Sam Shields, who will play a lot in the Super Bowl, as an example of the former UM staff not developing players. “That’s fair, but Randy tried,” his father, Samuel Shields, said. “Randy and Wesley McGriff didn’t have enough time” to develop Shields because he played only one year at cornerback and because of NCAA practice time limits. But he added, “Sam was in Randy’s doghouse part of the time and that was unfair.”

• Shields’ father said his son worked out for the Dolphins, but Miami made no offer. “ Tony Sparano asked Sam the name of the defensive backs coach [ Todd Bowles] and Sam didn’t know,” Samuel Shields said. “Sparano then started yelling and said, ‘You failed the test already!’” Ugh.
 6 years ago '06        #9252
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
congrats to sam shields man who would thought from being picked on over and over and over by opposing teams offenses in college last year to becoming a beast who was arguably the NFC championship game MVP to now being a super bowl champion
 6 years ago '05        #9253
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 P. Dedos said:
congrats to sam shields man who would thought from being picked on over and over and over by opposing teams offenses in college last year to becoming a beast who was arguably the NFC championship game MVP to now being a super bowl champion
still got juxed by wallace on pitts last td reception

then goes for the arm tackle on the 2 pt conversion - vintage shields right there

haha but all jokes aside congrats to fam, he beasted vs the bears, he was the only reason i even cheered for the packers
 6 years ago '07        #9254
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
Wallace gave shield the super shake off the line I was like :wow:

Other than that he held his own all game.....

Another Cane with a ring :applause:

In Other News Futch should beast at MLB

We might be eating good next yr
 6 years ago '06        #9255
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
in other news it looks like we have nobody at cornerback this year back there
 6 years ago '05        #9256
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,686 | Props total: 3795 3795
 P. Dedos said:
>>>>>>> your staff
 6 years ago '04        #9257
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
good to see sam win a ring and he earned it too.

poor coaching cost him alot of bread by going undrafted:disdain2:
 6 years ago '05        #9258
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,878 | Props total: 87 87
Shields’ father said his son worked out for the Dolphins, but Miami made no offer. “ Tony Sparano asked Sam the name of the defensive backs coach [ Todd Bowles] and Sam didn’t know,” Samuel Shields said. “Sparano then started yelling and said, ‘You failed the test already!’” Ugh.

damn if thats true,. thats bad business sparano.. what the f**k
 6 years ago '06        #9259
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
HALLANDALE, Fla. -- It didn't take long for highly-touted athlete Randy "Duke" Johnson (Miami, Fla./Norland) to make his presence known during Saturday's tryouts for the South Florida Express 7-on-7 team and show everyone that he's back to 100 percent after playing much of the season with injuries to his shoulder and hamstring.

"I'm all healed up and the world isn't ready for a healthy Duke," Johnson said.

Wearing a large Miami Hurricanes headband, the 5-foot-9, 175-pounder was electric during individual drills and especially one-on-ones.

"It's easy to see that Duke is the best running back in South Florida," said defensive back Amos Leggett (Miami, Fla./Gulliver Prep). "Just look at him right now."

With a reputation that goes back to his days of playing youth football, it was a easy choice to invite Johnson to become a participant in the 2012 Under Armour All-America Game and the running back happily accepted.

"This is truly a big honor for me because this is the game I wanted to be a part of," Johnson said.

Johnson committed to Miami back in September and helped lead Norland to the Class 3A state championship game. As Norland's starting running back, cornerback and long snapper, Johnson also lined up in the slot in empty-back formations and returned kicks.

In the state championship game, a 44-34 loss to Jefferson (Tampa, Fla.), Johnson was only able to play about 40 percent of the snaps but he rushed for 135 yards on eight carries, had a reception for 17 yards, a 56-yard kickoff return and a 51-yard interception return.

Despite his stats, Johnson said he only remembers the scoreboard.

"It was frustrating to leave the field without winning a state title," Johnson added. "I won't forget that feeling until we win this year. It's like it happened yesterday. Everything I do right now is preparing for a state championship."

Even during tryouts for the South Florida Express, Johnson played like it was the final quarter of a championship game.

"Whenever a key play is being made for Norland it's going to be Duke Johnson getting it done," said Miami Herald reporter Larry Blustein. "I've been watching Duke since he was a young kid in the youth leagues and he's always been a star. The Under Armour game got a terrific talent."

Since the season ended, Johnson has been working to get his health back and getting familiar with the new Miami staff -- a group that he is expecting big things from.

"I like the new staff and I've had a chance to speak to [coach Al Golden]," Johnson said. "I think he's a good guy and he's going to continue to recruit good players so we can get back to the Miami of old."

Johnson's best position at the next level might be cornerback, but he'd like to get the opportunity to play offense first.

"I definitely want the opportunity to have the ball in my hands so I can make things happen," Johnson said. "But I will play anywhere on the field they need me."

6 years ago '06        #9260
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
> ESPN's Bruce Feldman said former UM coach Randy Shannon is supposed to interview for the vacant defensive coordinator job at Maryland later this week. Shannon interviewed for the same position with UCLA last month.

> Looks like another former Hurricanes a.ssistant has landed at Alabama. Joe Pannunzio, who coached the special teams and tight ends under Shannon the last four years, has reportedly been hired in an "off the field role" by Nick Saban. Alabama hired former offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland last month.

]
crazy how all these bums on our staff are getting top notch jobs

Puzzino was a bum!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
221 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
134 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
50 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
76 comments
2 days ago