Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Last Tango in Paris’ Rape Scene Was Not Consensual, Director Bernardo ..
63 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
OT Have you noticed when athletes drink alcohol after a c..
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - America Today, In Cartoons...
50 comments
@news
most viewed right now
LIVENATION cancels Jeremih from the rest of his touring...
56 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #9121
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,653 | Props total: 3743 3743
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
What was the question?
if that Paul n*gga was committed to Arizona State
 01-28-2011, 06:11 PM         #9122
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Junior G said:
Yeah, pretty sure that's him.
 6 years ago '06        #9123
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,571 | Props total: 11953 11953
 Junior G said:
i fund that hard to believe thats all u said

we are hurricanes and the great rakim started this thread then yall swagga jacked us again and made ur own theread

plus we own you in everything possible that involves college

head to head
championships

nfl talent

history

fatigues

i can go on and on

so you should even be allowed to post in this thread because ur not worthy even if its to give info which u never do

but canes are allowed to go into your thread whenever

NO LET THIS BE A LESSSON U WILL NEVER POST IN A CANE THREAD AGAIN!!!!

SHOUT OUT KING!!!!

Last edited by DEDOS; 01-28-2011 at 06:44 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #9124
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,653 | Props total: 3743 3743
 The Lefty said:
Yeah, pretty sure that's him.
I just find it weird that a Florida boy was goin all the way to ASU I know it happens but still....
 6 years ago '05        #9125
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
 Junior G said:
I just find it weird that a Florida boy was goin all the way to ASU I know it happens but still....
have you seen the talent roaming at ASU, only school in the country f**ckin with fsu
 6 years ago '07        #9126
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
yea ASU got a couple n*ggas on the defensive end that cause havoc

ask stanford and oregon
 6 years ago '05        #9127
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
yea ASU got a couple n*ggas on the defensive end that cause havoc

ask stanford and oregon
thats not the talent im talking bout
 6 years ago '07        #9128
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Deeangoe said:
thats not the talent im talking bout
yes they got that to
 6 years ago '07        #9129
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
So apparently

Grimble has canceled his visit to UCLA this weekend and his scholly from USC is gone

Its looking pretty good for us
 6 years ago '04        #9130
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
is his scholly really gone from usc? Some analyst dont believe he has fully decommitted
 6 years ago '07        #9131
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
they saying that USC pulled his scholly so

scroll down....but you gotta be a insider to see the article

Last edited by Kinglew88; 01-28-2011 at 10:39 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #9132
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
UM's strength program under new Golden rules
Strength and conditioning coach Andreu Swasey has seen a lot of change at the University of Miami over the last 11 years. The Hurricanes have gone from being a national championship-caliber team under Butch Davis and Larry Coker to last season's 7-6 mess under Randy Shannon. So what has Swasey seen in the early stages from his new boss, Al Golden? A lot of what he saw when he first got back to UM in 2000.

"Right now, I would compare him to Butch -- just on discipline, structure and what he's demanding," Swasey said. "The thing I know coach is stressing, that he wants, is mentally tough guys. He wants to find out when guys are going to crack and when they aren't going to crack."
Golden has asked Swasey to implement some new rules in the team's off-season workouts programs. Among the new additions and changes:

> The addition of "The Fifth Quarter."
"It's something at the end of the workout to target intensity," Swasey said. "It starts at five minutes, but can last longer. The kids love it. It's exciting. It's a post workout. It's high intensity. It could be forearm plate raises. It can be core [training] stuff. We could be outside flipping tires, doing a hammer hit, pushing sled, pulling sleds, doing a lot of different stuff. It's something that will challenge them after they're fatigued and tired. You just did a full workout, but now we're challenging you at the end of the workout."

> The addition of "Creative Excellence." After workouts, Swasey said, players are required to work on individual position drills by themselves or with their teammates. It's a mandatory 20 minutes -- at the very least.
"The first week they were throwing up right and left," Swasey said. "I think it's a great addition. He wants guys working on their craft each day, even if they worked out early and are dead tired. He wants them working on their actual individual position drills. The thing I love he said about it was, 'Painter's paint, singers sing, you're a football player you have to work on that too.' You have to lift weights, but at the end of the day you have to be a better football player. You have to go and work on your art after the weight room."

> Also a new Golden rule according to Swasey: Breakfast is mandatory.
Before Golden, Swasey said, there was no monitoring of what players ate before coming to him. And some, he said, would skip breakfast. "They have to come check in or we check on them to make sure they ate," Swasey said. "The good thing about that is they are getting 1200 to 1500 calories prior to starting. Some kids wouldn't eat until lunch before."

> Swasey said he loves the fact Golden has pushed the start of spring practice back to March 5th. Under Shannon, the team would start spring practice in mid-February. Swasey said adding a few more weeks in the weight room "will definitely help guys get bigger and stronger."

> Another new addition Swasey likes -- what players do in the weight room will actually count toward where they start out on the depth chart in spring ball.
"He told guys `You can start, can come out of spring ball a starter depending on how you rank in the weight room, your work ethic," Swasey said. "We want tough guys, guys that will f!ght, guys doing everything they're supposed to do, which makes you a champion."
Swasey said he feels blessed to still be with the program. When Shannon was fired, he wasn't sure if Golden would keep him on the staff. Swasey and Micheal Barrow are the only remaining holdovers from Shannon's staff.
"I think when I got back from the bowl game [is when I found out I was going to stay]," Swasey said. "He told me to write down somethings so we can get ready for spring, some ideas. He gave me some pointers on what he wanted to target and focus on. When I heard that, I was overly excited about it.
"But the bottomline is that we were 7-6. It is what it is. Whatever happened, can't happen anymore. Whatever's going on, we have to get better. I look at everything as a whole. No matter how we got to those six losses, we came up with them. The approach coach Golden has -- and that's what I love about him -- is that whatever we did last year wasn't good enough. That's a great approach. Right now, that's the approach we're pushing and have in the weight room."
Swasey said the team, which began lifting four days a week with him (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) for an hour and a half a week ago, will not do any strength tests until a week or two before the start of spring ball. But Golden has already been handed stat sheets with players weights, strength and speed numbers -- and he's expecting improvements.

"Right now we don't have a choice but to be better than 7-6," Swasey said. "I do believe we will be. One [reason] is because of Coach Golden's plan of attack and how he's doing it. Just the cohesiveness he's building. Two, I think he has a hell of a staff. We just have to keep working. Time will tell. But we're definitely ready to be a much better football team. We have to be a lot better than 7-6."

A COUPLE OTHER QUICK NUGGETS...
> Defensive end Olsen Pierre became the second early enrollee Friday. He will start classes Monday. Pierre (6-4, 240) was a three-star recruiting according to ESPN out of Fork Union (Va.) Military Academy.
> UM had its first baseball practice of the spring Friday. I'll have some more news and notes from coach Jim Morris and several of his players. The Canes are ranked 18th in two preseason polls and were picked to finish third in the ACC Coastal Division.
:dancingcool:
 6 years ago '07        #9133
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
The Golden Workout Plan :applause:

them n*ggas gonna k!ll themselves in the weight room for starting spots
 6 years ago '07        #9134
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space

[video - click to view]

Chick Senior Highlights

Gotta love how he uses his hands and rips thru n*ggas
 6 years ago '04        #9135
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
LauraMcKeeman A couple guys may pop and commit to #Miami this weekend.. Or on NSD - That's what I am hearing

UM recruit Dominique Terrell, "Im not comin bac to va." I think it's safe to say he's enjoying his OV.

Expect 4 star ATH Dominique Terrell to verbal to Miami this week. #UVA #VT #SigningDay

RivalsCNee As of today, West Palm Beach (Fla.) Dwyer QB Jacoby Brissett will not be signing on Wednesday.

BrandonHuffman

Got a text from Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman defensive lineman Jalen Grimble and he did not take any official visit this weekend...

BigCheeseCane

Per @MikeBakasScout 5-star DT Jalen Grimble is no longer committed to USC. Expect him to ink with the Hurricanes on Wednesday. Go Canes!

InsideUSC WR Marqise Lee of Serra High said he will choose between USC and Miami

ISC ruuning out of space?

SaveUMFootball: Do Not Expect: WR Devin Lucien to sign with the Hurricanes - he will most likely stay in the West Coast."
 6 years ago '04        #9136
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
If Golden Goon somehow manages to pull in grimble, lee, onwasour, terrell and moore he deserves the recruiter of the year award. That s**t would be f**king epic. Shoot, even just by pulling grimble, lee and terrell in is just:wow: in 2 months of work can't wait to see what he does in a year

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 01-30-2011 at 04:58 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #9137
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
If Golden Goon somehow manages to pull in grimble, lee, onwasour, terrell and moore he deserves the recruiter of the year award. That s**t would be f**king epic. Shoot, even just by pulling grimble, lee and terrell in is just:wow: in 2 months of work can't wait to see what he does in a year
in less than a months time not including the dead periods

on the radio he said he starts recrutiing kids and building relationships when they are freshman sophmores and juniors

wait till he gets to work

shout to B WESTCOAST GOON CARROLL TOO
 6 years ago '06        #9138
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
great read just what were are speaking of

CORAL GABLES — Tom Lemming considers University of Miami coach Al Golden one of college football's top recruiters.

In 2009 when he was at Temple, Golden was named Recruiter of the Year by Lemming, a highly respected recruiting analyst for more than three decades.

Lemming, who hosts Tom Lemming's Generation Next for College Sports TV, insists that UM fans will soon share his opinion of Golden's prowess in attracting top high school prospects such as Dwyer's four-star quarterback Jacoby Brissett, who visited UM's campus this weekend.

But it may take some time. Hired in mid-December to replace Randy Shannon, Golden has had to play catch-up in pursuit of the 15 or so prospects who will sign national letters of intent with the Hurricanes on Wednesday.

"At best, he can only put together a solid class," Lemming said. "It won't be a great one because he doesn't have enough time. To build a great class, you have to build personal relationships over a full year. He's had about a month.

"Next year will be a great indication of how good of a recruiter he is. I guarantee you next year he'll have a top 10 class."

The Hurricanes likely won't come close to that this year. As of Saturday, UM's list of 13 oral commitments was ranked 47th nationally by Scout.com and 46th by Rivals.com.

But those who know Golden's work think UM could finish better than expected, especially if he can get Brissett and Los Angeles Harbor Community College cornerback Byron Moore, the nation's No. 5 junior college prospect, to sign.

Eight recruits are on campus this weekend. Three of the visitors are four-star prospects, including Brissett, who could be UM's quarterback of the future if he signs.

Last week, the Hurricanes hosted a group of recruits that is "perhaps the biggest (in terms of numbers) in Miami history," UM spokesman Christ Freet said.

Among those on hand last weekend was Tampa Alonso defensive end Anthony Chickillo, who re-affirmed his commitment to Miami. Chickillo is the nation's No. 24 prospect according to ESPN.

"It wouldn't surprise me at all if ... they pull some upsets," ESPN analyst Jamie Newberg said. "I know Golden is working his tail off. I've spoken to high school coaches who say he's written to their kids every day since he got the job."

Golden got off to a rough start after accepting the UM job. Four of Miami's six oral commitments backed out following Shannon's dismissal. Two of those players, Miami Northwestern quarterback Teddy Bridgewater and Vero Beach offensive lineman Marcus Jackson, are ranked by ESPN among the nation's top 150 players.

Lemming thinks Golden has had to overcome "poor recruiting management" under Shannon, which included a surprising lack of contact with some of the top high school programs in South Florida.

Miami Central coach Telly Lockett, who led his team to a state Class 6A championship in December, told The Miami Herald about "a breakdown of communication" between his school and UM.

"Al Golden wants to form a relationship," Lockett said.

That relationship resulted this month in standout Central defensive back Thomas Finnie reneging on an oral commitment to South Carolina in order to sign with Miami.

Finnie is one of several players committed elsewhere that have been targeted by Golden and Miami. South Fort Myers defensive back Dallas Crawford, ranked No. 144 on ESPNU's Top 150 list, announced last week he will attend UM after originally committing to Michigan. Lakeland Kathleen linebacker Gionni Paul said Friday that he will play for the Hurricanes after committing to Arizona State.

"I'm not real excited about doing that, to be honest with you," Golden said of pursuing recruits tied to other schools. "I don't want to be sitting here a year from now having to do that."

For now, Golden will do whatever it takes to make sure his first recruiting class is a success.

"We've kind of become a clam in the recruiting trail, which means we open up and let all the food rush in," Golden said. "We're going to go back to being an eagle. We're going back to being hunters."

beast GOLDEN GOON
 6 years ago '04        #9139
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Thank you Based Golden

Seems like Terrell is coming to the U as well

The day before he boarded that plane bound to Miami, that UVA staff was shook as f**k They were telling him he could choose to play any position he wanted

Day after day, I wonder more and more what the f**k was Shannon and coker doing here

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 01-30-2011 at 08:13 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #9140
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Benjamin, Hill Break School Records at McCravy Memorial
Travis Benjamin breaks Santana Moss' 60m dash record

o deliciousDelicious
o diggDigg
o facebookFacebook
o googleGoogle
o myspaceMySpace
o twitterTwitter
o yahooYahoo

* print
* email
* font +
* font -
* rss

Devon Hill broke his own school record in the 60m hurdles.

Devon Hill broke his own school record in the 60m hurdles.

Jan. 29, 2011

Complete Results

LEXINGTON, Ky. - Juniors Travis Benjamin and Devon Hill etched their names into the University of Miami record books Saturday with stellar performances in the 60m dash and 60m hurdles respectively at the University of Kentucky's McCravy Memorial.

Benjamin, running in his first track meet of the season along with fellow football student-athletes Lamar Miller and Brandon McGee, broke Santana Moss' 11-year-old school record in the final heat of the 60m dash with a time of 6.70 seconds. In his preliminary heat, the Belle Glade, Fla. native tied Moss' record with a time of 6.70 seconds.

"Travis beat a solid field in his first indoor meet of the season," said Director of Track and Field Amy Deem. "He has been sprinting well for us and he deserves to have the school record."

Miller and McGee both advanced to the finals as well, where they placed fifth and eight respectively with times of 6.79 and 6.83 seconds.

Hill, who in the season-opener finished just .01 seconds shy of his own school record in the 60m hurdles, broke through in his finals heat as he crossed the finish line in 7.77 seconds - .01 seconds better than his previous record.

"We had strong performances in the sprints and hurdles today," said Deem. "Devon is improving every meet and I believe he will run under 7.70 in the next few weeks."

Junior Tarika Williams also had a great day as she won the 60m dash and was the top collegiate finisher in the 200m dash. Her time of 7.38 seconds in the 60 was good enough for fifth place in the school record books. She finished the 200m dash in 23.80 seconds.

Click here to find out more!

"I am very proud of Tarika's performances today," added Deem. "Coming from junior college, she didn't run a lot of indoor track and she is going to keep improving."

Megan Novinger is moving up in her senior season. The high jumper cleared 1.76m (5-09.25) on Saturday, finishing third. However, the mark propelled her into second place in school history, behind only former Hurricane Viktoria Andonova in Miami's Top 5.

In his debut in the one mile run this season, sophomore Greg Kaczka raced to a finish of 4:16.10.

At the Clemson Challenge, Jason Johnson leapt to a then personal-best 6.93m (22-09.00) in claiming his first collegiate victory. On Saturday, he reached a new personal-best with a fifth-place mark of 6.96m (22-10.00).

In her first collegiate 800m run, freshman Thandi Stewart ran to a 2:11.01 finish - the second-best performance of the day.

Another freshman - Lindsi Arrington - cracked UM's Top 5 list when she ran the mile run in 5:04.60.

The Hurricanes' 4x400 relay team of Stewart, Tameka Jameson, Jennifer Estime and Takecia Jameson ran a season-best time of 3:41.02 to claim second place.

"I thought our team had a very solid meet today at Kentucky," concluded Deem. "As a coaching staff, we want to get better each week leading into the ACC Championship at the end of February."

Miami return to action next weekend when it heads to Blacksburg, Va. to take part in the Virginia Tech Invitational, Feb. 4-5.
TB just needs a good WR coach. Aubrey Hill was a f**king JOKE down here, from day one I knew that snake in the grass gator was a joke of a coach. TB is also gonna benefit from those crazy workouts once track is done.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
138 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
58 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you could have a threesome with 2...who would u pick?
126 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
176 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
105 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
351 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Guardians of The Galaxy trailer #2
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy