70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
154 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #9061
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
academics must of came back a no-go
 6 years ago '04        #9062
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
Bruce Feldman BFeldmanESPN

Miami is bringing Art Kehoe back as Oline coach. Kehoe was the lone link to all 5 national title teams. 2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Coaching Staff Complete, Kehoe Returns to THE U
The new University of Miami football coach knows history and today he announced the return of a legendary coach that was part of all five national championships at THE U.

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - The new University of Miami football coach knows history and today he announced the return of a legendary coach that was part of all five national championships at THE U.

Al Golden has hired Art Kehoe as an a.ssistant with oversight of the offensive line.

"As both a coach and player, I have always had a great amount of respect for the way that Art Kehoe coached the game of football," said Golden. "His success at the University of Miami is unmatched and we are excited to welcome him back to THE U."

Kehoe began his coaching career in 1981 as a student a.ssistant at UM. A 1982 graduate of UM, he was an integral part of the Miami football renaissance since its beginning in the late 1970s. He came to Miami in 1979 as a transfer from Laney Junior College in Oakland, Calif., and started at guard for the Hurricanes for two seasons under head coach Howard Schnellenberger.
Kehoe's tenure of 27 years at Miami ranks among the longest of any UM athletics figure, a span during which he has either played or coached for five head football coaches.

During his time working with the offensive line at UM, Kehoe has produced seven players (Eric Winston in 2005, Brett Romberg in 2002, Bryant McKinnie in 2001, Joaquin Gonzalez in 2000, Richard Mercier in 1999, K.C. Jones in 1996 and Leon Searcy in 1991) who received first-team All-America honors, plus 20 more that went on to play professionally, 15 all-conference honorees, one Outland Trophy winner and the 2002 Rimington Award winner.

Kehoe was on the staff of all five UM football national championship teams. Two Heisman Trophy winners and six of Miami's eight 1,000-yard rushers passed or rushed behind the blocking of Kehoe's offensive linemen. His 2000 and 2001 units are widely considered among the finest offensive lines in recent college football history and the 2002 unit was considered the nation's finest by many observers.

A native of Conshohocken, Pa., Kehoe played an instrumental role in the rebirth of Miami football, playing on the 1979 and 1980 teams that returned UM to national prominence with a victory in the 1980 Peach Bowl (UM's first bowl win since 1966). After his playing days ended, Kehoe stayed at UM as a student a.ssistant coach in 1981 and a graduate a.ssistant coach from 1982-84. He ascended to full-time status in 1985 and worked with the offensive line through the 2005 season. From 1992-94, Kehoe also tutored tight ends in addition to his duties with the offensive line.

As a coach, Kehoe went to 21 bowl games with the Hurricanes and tutored some of the greatest players in Miami history including Searcy, Mike Sullivan, Jones, Mercier, McKinnie, Gonzalez, Bibla, Romberg and Vernon Carey. A contemporary of legendary UM quarterback Jim Kelly, Kehoe has developed offensive lines that have protected many of the Hurricanes' outstanding quarterbacks including Bernie Kosar, Vinny Testaverde, Steve Walsh, Craig Erickson, Gino Torretta and Ken Dorsey.

Kehoe, 53, will be working for his six Miami head coach, from Howard Schnellenberger to Jimmy Johnson, from Dennis Erickson to Butch Davis, to Larry Coker and now Golden. Kehoe even served as UM's interim head coach for 19 days during the transition from the Erickson to Davis eras in 1995. In addition to his coaching accomplishments, Kehoe was inducted into the University of Miami Athletic Hall of Fame in 2002. He was inducted into the Laney JC Athletic Hall of Fame in 2001.

Kehoe earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in business administration from Miami and an a.ssociate's degree in general studies from Laney J.C. in 1979.

Kehoe's Coaching Career
2008-10 UFL California Redwoods (offensive line)
2006-07 Ole Miss (assistant head coach, offensive line)
2002-05 University of Miami (assistant head coach, offensive line)
1995-01 University of Miami (offensive line)
1995 University of Miami (interim coach)
1992-94 University of Miami (tight ends/offensive line a.sst.)
1985-91 University of Miami (offensive line a.ssistant)
1982-84 University of Miami (graduate a.ssistant)
1981 University of Miami (student a.ssistant)

Bowl Games as a Coach (20)
2005 Peach Bowl
2004 Peach Bowl
2004 Orange Bowl
2003 Fiesta Bowl
2002 Rose Bowl
2001 Sugar Bowl
2000 Gator Bowl
1998 Micron PC Bowl
1996 Carquest Bowl
1995 Orange Bowl
1994 Fiesta Bowl
1993 Sugar Bowl
1992 Orange Bowl
1991 Cotton Bowl
1990 Sugar Bowl
1989 Orange Bowl
1988 Orange Bowl
1987 Fiesta Bowl
1986 Sugar Bowl
1985 Fiesta Bowl
1984 Orange Bowl

Coaching Accomplishments
* Inducted into the University of Miami Athletic Hall of Fame in 2002 for his contributions to UM athletics as a student-athlete and coach.
* Recruited and coached 2002 RimingtonTrophy winner Brett Romberg.
* Recruited and coached 2001 Outland Trophy winner Bryant McKinnie.
* Instrumental in the development of six Hurricane offensive linemen to earn first-team All-America honors: center Brett Romberg; tackles Bryant McKinnie and Joaquin Gonzalez in 2000 and 2001; guard Richard Mercier in 1999; center K.C. Jones in 1996; and tackle Leon Searcy in 1991.
* Over the 2000 and 2001 seasons, his offensive line was at fault for only seven quarterback sacks and produced a rarity in college football - two first-team offensive tackles in LT Bryant McKinnie and RT Joaquin Gonzalez - in both seasons.
* His offensive lines have helped produce six of Miami's eight 1,000-yard rushers.
* Inducted into Laney Junior College Hall of Fame in 2001.

Honors as a Player
Two-year letterman, guard and offensive captain at Miami (1979-80).
Two-year letterman, offensive guard at Laney Junior College (1977-78).
Played on the 1980 UM team, which won the Peach Bowl.

Last edited by KiNgJaMeS305; 01-24-2011 at 04:25 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #9063
space
space
ive always wondered this.. what do teams like michigan, ohio st., ND, tenn, alabama tells a player during recruiting about their championships. do they say "look at our tradition. young man we won all these titles when YOUR KIND were barred from playing with whites
 6 years ago '04        #9064
space
space
Manny_Navarro

Coach of 4-star DT Jalen Grimble, who visited UM over weekend, said to him USC is out and #Canes are very much in it half a minute ago via web

Manny_Navarro

Chickillo on #UM recruiting: "There are going to be a couple surprises, guys who are committed but will announce later." less than a minute ago via web

Last edited by KiNgJaMeS305; 01-24-2011 at 05:00 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #9065
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
ive always wondered this.. what do teams like michigan, ohio st., ND, tenn, alabama tells a player during recruiting about their championships. do they say "look at our tradition. young man we won all these titles when YOUR KIND were barred from playing with whites
well my homie jay rome said on his trip to bama they linked him wit a bad a.ss host and nick saban gave him his natl championship ring and told him to keep it the whole visit. It gets serious on them visits. He said they will give you whatever you want if they feel your top status.

6 years ago '04        #9066
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
Manny_Navarro

Coach of 4-star DT Jalen Grimble, who visited UM over weekend, said to him USC is out and #Canes are very much in it half a minute ago via web

Manny_Navarro

Chickillo on #UM recruiting: "There are going to be a couple surprises, guys who are committed but will announce later." less than a minute ago via web
:scared2::scared2::scared2::scared2::scared2:

Please Please Please Please!!!!!!!! Let this s**t happen!!!.

This would be HUGE for us. Chick, Grimble and Watson (if he gets offered) would be amazing. Was hoping for Jenkins but f**k it, Grimble would fill that gap :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '04        #9067
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
By the way, Onwoasour is choosing b/w Miami and ASU

and Lucien is giving us a hard look right now.

6 years ago '04        #9068
space
space
Jacoby Brissett might do an unoficial this weekend, but it looks like its down to wisconsin and florida.
 6 years ago '04        #9069
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
he ain't going to florida... briskell already has an advantage over him by being in school already.

I'll say its down to Miami, Washington and Wisconsin but he'll most likely go out of state.
 6 years ago '04        #9070
space
space
Kehoe from the '01 pep rally. "So I'm going to tell you all how you get to Tallahassee. First you drive north on the turnpike, and you keep driving until the stench is so bad you can't barely stand it, you'll be in Gainesville. Drive just a little ways past it and head West on I-10. Keep driving west until you can't tell the cows from the women and you'll be in Tallahassee."
3 hours ago · Share
 6 years ago '04        #9071
space
space
Art Kehoe hired at Miami
Posted on: January 24, 2011 6:33 pm
Score: 149
Log-in to rate:

* Log-in to rate:

* Log-in to rate:

Art Kehoe called me out. In the middle of the Miami lockerroom. In front of the entire team. On deadline. A student manager or SID type quietly came up to me in the lockerroom after Miami's 2005 win at Virginia Tech.

"Art wants to see you."

I knew what was coming. If you know Art Kehoe, you know he doesn't let any slight pass. It's part of the reason why he had built great offensive lines at Miami. They played like the man lived -- with a chip on their shoulder -- every snap.

I had written the week of the game that Virginia Tech had passed Miami as a program -- basically saying the Miami dynasty was over.

You don't write something like that and then not show up in the Canes lockerroom -- win or lose. So when I walked in that night, they all gawked. The Canes had passed around my column on the plane as I recall. Kehoe was waiting.

In front of God, man and the Hurricanes he lit into me. I was expecting nothing less. Kehoe is a passionate man, a great coach and a hell of a motivator. That's why I was so happy Monday when he was hired back at Miami. Al Golden will be the sixth Hurricanes coach Art has worked for. Golden couldn't have made a better hire. When you're trying to get a program back on track you should always have a link to the past.

Kehoe is that link. Boy, is he that link. There aren't many men walking the earth with five national championship rings -- from one school. Yes, Art Kehoe has been around for all five of the titles in the Miami dynasty.

The man started at The U (way before it was called The U, by the way) as a juco transfer playing for Howard Schnellenberger in the late 1970s. In 1981, two years before the dynasty started, he began as a student manager. Over 27 years he has coached seven All-Americans on the offensive line, 20 pros and 19 all-conference players as well as an Outland Trophy and Rimington Award winner.

If there was anybody who was going to jump into my jock, it was Kehoe. I had touched a nerve with the column. That night my respect for him jumped through the roof. Miami won 27-7. The Canes eviscerated the Hokies. At least for a night, it was like old-time Miami. When Kehoe got to me, he didn't use any profanity. He didn't get personal. He just yelled, asking something like, "Do we look like we're dead now?"

The answer, of course, was no. I deserved it. Every word of it. Sometimes in this business you eat crow. Sometimes you want to hug a guy when you are doing it. I love how Kehoe was speaking to his team that night -- through me. He was using a hack to show the Canes, they should not back down. Kehoe has passed on that personality to his offensive linemen over the years. Brett Romberg, that Rimington winner, was as bright and brutal of a person/lineman as you can imagine. The gigantic Bryant McKinnie, that Outland winner, finished eighth in the Heisman voting in 2001.

It's 10 years and counting since Miami last won a national championship and, yes, something has slipped in Coral Gables. But if Kehoe's hire is any indication, Golden knows what he is doing. A little bit of the old Miami returned on Monday. I wouldn't be surprised if someday soon, a sixth championship followed. That's how much I think of Art Kehoe.
 6 years ago '04        #9072
space
space
The most impressive part of TE Chris Barnett visit to Miami was? Meeting his favorite player in all of college football - Jacory Harris

6 years ago '05        #9073
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
Kehoe from the '01 pep rally. "So I'm going to tell you all how you get to Tallahassee. First you drive north on the turnpike, and you keep driving until the stench is so bad you can't barely stand it, you'll be in Gainesville. Drive just a little ways past it and head West on I-10. Keep driving west until you can't tell the cows from the women and you'll be in Tallahassee."
3 hours ago · Share
Kehoe trippin, about girls in tally

thats why they call it tallyho
 6 years ago '04        #9074
space
space
looks like grimble might end up at ucla and dominique terrell will vidit this weekend

Last edited by KiNgJaMeS305; 01-25-2011 at 07:04 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #9075
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,724 | Props total: 12271 12271
kohoe is a cane legend and hes talks mad shyt and is ruthless love em

bleeds orange and green

great hire
 6 years ago '04        #9076
space
space
Ray drew eliminates clemson from his list. He supposedley said he on facebook it wont be lsu, au, or uga and that he will shock the world friday. Take this FWIW
 6 years ago '06        #9077
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,724 | Props total: 12271 12271
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
Ray drew eliminates clemson from his list. He supposedley said he on facebook it wont be lsu, au, or uga and that he will shock the world friday. Take this FWIW
wasnt that all the teams on the list becides us and florida?

6 years ago '04        #9078
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
wasnt that all the teams on the list becides us and florida?

and fsu. Some saying they might be the front runners if his facebook posting is true
 6 years ago '04        #9079
space
space
MikeBakasScout

Melbourne CC WR Rashawn Scott (6-2/200) just told me that he committed to Miami over WVU, USF, Mich St, and more.
 6 years ago '05        #9080
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
MikeBakasScout

Melbourne CC WR Rashawn Scott (6-2/200) just told me that he committed to Miami over WVU, USF, Mich St, and more.
I like this pickup coaches just started going after him recently I think. I was just reading about him on the scout board yesterday a friend of his coach was trying to get him to go to UM. This is his youtube video.

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
22 hours ago