most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #8962
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
dont know if its true but those are gangsta as f**k :agreement6:

or i would take the regular jerseys too in that same color
 6 years ago '06        #8963
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
Every now and then, Kevin Grooms wonders where he would be if his best friend had not snitched on him.

Would he be on the street corner selling drugs, like his father once did at his age? Or would he be where is now, preparing to defend the Broward County rushing title and mulling over college scholarships from Florida State, Tennessee, Louisville and Mississippi.

``Growing up, I always liked flashy things,'' said Grooms, a 5-11, 170-pound senior at South Broward High who earned was first-team all-state in Class 5A last season after rushing for 1,625 yards and 17 touchdowns.

``I always wanted to be ahead of my time instead of waiting for my time to earn and have nice things.''

One of those nice things Grooms wanted was a truck. One day, after several failed attempts to steal a car with his middle school friends, Grooms came across a new Chevy Silverado that had been in front of a car dealership in Dania with the keys in the ignition. He jumped behind the wheel and took off.

Police caught up with Grooms when his best friend told them where he was with the car, and Grooms was charged with grand theft auto, trespassing and burglary. His sentence: eight months in a level six program for juvenile delinquents.

``I cried,'' Grooms' mother, Angelena Perry, said. ``I was very depressed. Kevin was a normal little boy. We had him in football and basketball since he was 6. But as he got older, after his father went to prison, he started skipping school. He was really upset and angry. He used to say, `Mom, I can't talk to you about what I'm feeling. Only a man will understand.' ''

``Kevin was a leader, he just lost his way and started making bad choices. I used to tell him these boys look up to you. If you do the right things, they'll follow you. The best thing that happened to him was that he get caught.''

Grooms, who was 14 when he was arrested, served his prison sentence as a freshman at Bay Point Academy in Cutler Ridge, a boarding school where he had to follow a strict curfew.

``He was behaving well, doing what he was supposed to,'' Perry said. ``Then he came home late one night for curfew.''

Breaking curfew cost Grooms his sophomore year on the football team at South Broward. But he finally made it on the field last year. Coach Allen Held said he saw a star developing almost right away.

``He was out of shape when we got him. He only had 100 yards after his first three games. Then, he turned it up,'' said Held, whose team finished 10-2 last season.

``I had [former Oklahoma star and first-round NFL pick] Davin Joseph at Hallandale. Kevin is as talented as anybody I've ever coached athletically.''

Grooms, who also played safety for South Broward, had a breakout moment last season in South Broward's first district game against rival McArthur. With his team trailing 26-21 with only 15 seconds left, Grooms returned a punt 80 yards for a touchdown.

``We call him Showtime,'' Perry said. ``That's the name it says on the back of all our shirts. This year, I think I might have something different. I'm thinking mother of the star, something like that.''

At one point in her life, Perry used to be the girlfriend of the previous star at South Broward, Kevin Grooms Sr.

``He was a wrestler and a cornerback,'' Perry said. ``I got pregnant with Kevin when his daddy was a senior. He was doing good. Then, he started selling drugs. The first time he got caught, he did two years. Then, when Kevin was 8, he went back. This sentence is 12 years.''

Grooms said his father, who is imprisoned in Georgia, has urged him not to follow in his footsteps.

``We have a great relationship,'' Grooms said of his father. ``We write a lot and he's able to call me. . . . I've learned that isn't the right way. You won't go anywhere in life doing wrong and being in the streets and all that.

``I can't be a lost cause like him. I have people that are cheering me on that want to see me make it. They have big dreams for me, just like I do.''
miami back to recruiting goons

Last edited by DEDOS; 01-18-2011 at 08:54 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #8964
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
from a reliable poster with connections to fort myers and southwest florida says Dallas Crawford just commited
 6 years ago '06        #8965
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
JNewbergESPN Jamie Newberg
Dallas Crawford [Ft. Myers, Fla.] committed to Miami, 10-15 ago according to his coach Grant Readhead. Story coming on ESPN later.

JNewbergESPN Jamie Newberg
Another BIG, in-state pickup for Al Golden. Yest Grooms, today Crawford. This kid will play safety or corner in Coral Gables.
:rasta:
 6 years ago '05        #8966
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
@espn_OTT_FB 'Canes on a roll, ESPNU 150 talent Dallas Crawford commits -
 6 years ago '06        #8967
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
brandon mcgee's twitter

"Coach Williams taught me something I didn't even think about before, this should be an interesting year."
 6 years ago '04        #8968
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
gah lee.. So grooms, wadood, kinard, crawford and botts have committed in the past 3 days ? :wow:
 6 years ago '04        #8969
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
CB Crawford becomes latest UM commitment
Another day, another one of the nation's top recruits has chosen to join Al Golden's team at the University of Miami.*
South Fort Myers playmaker Dallas Crawford, considered the eighth-best high school cornerback in the country by ESPN, committed to the Hurricanes on Tuesday -- just a couple days after taking an official visit to the Coral Gables campus. Crawford (5-10, 185) had originally planned on waiting until signing day to announce his decision, but felt that now was the best time according to InsideTheU.com. He had been a Michigan commitment prior to the firing of coach Rich Rodriguez.
A two-way starter at South Fort Myers, Crawford, is coming off a senior season in which he intercepted nine passes and had 76 tackles. As the team's starting quarterback, he accounted for over 2,800 yards and 40 touchdowns and led his team to the Class 3A state semifinals.
Ranked 142nd overall regardless of position, he is the third player on the ESPN Top 150 to commit to UM in its 2011 class. The others: Tampa Alonso defensive end Anthony Chickillo (No. 82) and South Broward running back Kevin Grooms (No. 83).
> UM also received an oral commitment from Hargrave Military Academy (Va.) linebacker Antonio Kinard (6-4, 215) late Monday night. Canesport.com reported Kinard, a 3-star linebacker considered the 32nd best prep school player in the country regardless of position according to Rivals, picked UM over Iowa and Clemson.
> Below are highlights from the Class 3A state semifinal between Miami Norland and South Fort Myers. Highlights feature RB Duke Johnson (2012 UM commitment), South Fort Myers WR Sammy Watkins (Clemson commitment) and Crawford (starting at 2:28 mark). It was an incredible game. I was there to see it in person.
> By the way, if you want to know if UM has landed a verbal commitment -- follow National Recruiting Coordinator Brennan Carroll on Twitter. He can't discuss names per NCAA rules. But everytime UM receives a commitment, he sends out a "Welcome to The U" tweet.
 6 years ago '04        #8970
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
4 star S byron moore visiting this weekend. He got has a U logo on his twitter

here is woodod and b. moore twitter exchange

Moore: @ruhhshaaad throwin up the U already in yo pic i see lol

Wadood: @Bmoore9 aha you feel me bro?

Moore: @ruhhshaaad lol yup

Last edited by KiNgJaMeS305; 01-18-2011 at 03:00 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #8971
space
space
these are just some s**t that a dude on twitter was f**king with. these will not be the new unis if they r any
 6 years ago '04        #8972
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
golden got the goons on lock

lets see who we finish up this class with
 6 years ago '04        #8973
space
space
AdamSchefter

Add one more name into Seattle's OC candidates: QB coach Jedd Fisch, who was supposed to be Univ of Miami's OC. Seattle making one last push 4 minutes ago via web
 6 years ago '07        #8974
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
We still have no OC

Damn thats crazyyy
 6 years ago '04        #8975
TATERL 
space
space
$106 | Props total: 0 0
"Right now, it's the worst Miami class I can ever remember seeing," said Allen Wallace, the national recruiting editor for Scout.com and the publisher of SuperPrep.

"It looks poor. It's shaping up to be a disaster. I think Golden is going to be good for Miami, but I am surprised he doesn't have more recruiting momentum."

"This was going to be a lower-rated class anyway for Miami," Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell said. "This class was going to be low on numbers with about 14 or 15 players, so it's not a full class. You knew it wasn't going to be a top-25 class even if Randy Shannon hadn't been fired.

"Still, I think if you are a Miami fan, you have to be a little concerned."

6 years ago '04        #8976
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 TATERL said:
"Right now, it's the worst Miami class I can ever remember seeing," said Allen Wallace, the national recruiting editor for Scout.com and the publisher of SuperPrep.

"It looks poor. It's shaping up to be a disaster. I think Golden is going to be good for Miami, but I am surprised he doesn't have more recruiting momentum."

"This was going to be a lower-rated class anyway for Miami," Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell said. "This class was going to be low on numbers with about 14 or 15 players, so it's not a full class. You knew it wasn't going to be a top-25 class even if Randy Shannon hadn't been fired.

"Still, I think if you are a Miami fan, you have to be a little concerned."

couple of questions ..

1. Who the f**k are you? and what are you doing overhere.

2. Who the f**k cares about what the guy on superprep says. That site/magazine is a f**kin fsu/uf homeristic joke. They've never shown any love for Miami.

3. Golden has only had 3 weeks to recruit and he just done pulled 3 or 4 highly recruited players in a weekend. Trust me, ya b**ch n*ggas don't wanna see Golden having an entire year of recruiting.

now go over and troll on the semenhole thread
 6 years ago '04        #8977
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
We still have no OC

Damn thats crazyyy
:hmm: makes you wonder what happened up there in seattle... I haven't heard anything about their OC being fired.
 6 years ago '04        #8978
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
so how about these tweets ??

T. Cornelius on Facebook

"Never had a workout more real than today in my whole lifetime. First day back n it's already a change. Keep it up coach G."

Travis Williams...FB

"Wow never experienced ah wrkout like that to the point you wish u aint have no arms lol..What ah change from the previous workouts... Before and after pic coming soon lol!!! Holla"

f**kin shannon was bulls**ttin down here
 6 years ago '04        #8979
space
space
BFeldmanESPN

Was just told by a source close to Jedd Fisch that he is "100% committed to being Univ. of Miami's offensive coordinator."
 6 years ago '05        #8980
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3778 3778
 P. Dedos said:
by the way AJ Legget beast cornerback from 2012 class commited

nice pickup
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
73 comments
1 day ago