most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 01-12-2011, 07:01 PM         #8921
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I call BS on the Jeremy Davis situation.

Sounds like a kid who won't be able to go to the school he wants so he overreacts. Why would it make any sense for Golden to have an "attitude" with him knowing it would get out? Especially seeing how clean Golden has been since we hired. Every move he's made has been the right one. Him slipping up like that seems unlikely.

At this point, if Golden doesn't want the kid, I don't want the kid.

Time will tell.
 6 years ago '04        #8922
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
 The Lefty said:
I call BS on the Jeremy Davis situation.

Sounds like a kid who won't be able to go to the school he wants so he overreacts. Why would it make any sense for Golden to have an "attitude" with him knowing it would get out? Especially seeing how clean Golden has been since we hired. Every move he's made has been the right one. Him slipping up like that seems unlikely.

At this point, if Golden doesn't want the kid, I don't want the kid.
Time will tell.
Have you seen his highlights, this is a game breaker that we need in the worse way.
 6 years ago '04        #8923
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 booie4 said:
Have you seen his highlights, this is a game breaker that we need in the worse way.
keyword: Highlights.

dude faked injuries, played in only 1 game in prep school, thought he was the s**t and didn't like working out.

let's see how this turns out though..
 01-12-2011, 10:48 PM         #8924
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Randy Shannon signed kids off Youtube clips alone.

I'll take Golden's perspective, at least for right now...
 6 years ago '07        #8925
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
Yea Ima ride with golden

we`ve seen plenty of shannons recruits flop

they soft and not agressive

f**k em

IN GOLDEN I TRUST
 6 years ago '06        #8926
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
The Hurricanes' tight end depth chart should get a big boost in the next week or two.

USC senior tight end Blake Ayles is expected to enroll at school this spring, and because of NCAA sanctions against his school he will be eligible to play immediately.

Ayles will compete to start with senior Chase Ford, sophomore Asante Cleveland, backup Billy Sanders and several redshirt freshmen with no experience.

Cane tight ends struggled in the passing game this year, with three players combining for 21 receptions totaling 236 yards and one touchdown.

"It's a fresh start," Ayles told the LA Times of his decision to enroll at Miami. "I'm just trying to get that starting spot and fulfill my dream of winning a national title."

Ayles never lived up to his 4-star billing coming out of Orange (CA) Lutheran High - he was rated as the nation's No. 2 tight end by Rivals.com, but he struggled with injuries at USC.

The 6-foot-5, 245-pounder has 14 career receptions for 182 yards with one touchdown. This past season he had just one catch, although it went for a 54-yard gain. He missed most of the spring of 2010 with an ankle sprain and concussion, holding back his battle to win the starting job.

Helping draw Ayles to UM was former Trojans a.ssistant coach Brennan Carroll, who is now UM's tight ends coach and national recruiting coordinator.

Ayles' bio, entering this season, courtesy of the USC sports information department:

2009: Ayles served as a sophomore backup tight end in 2009. Overall in 2009 while appearing in 8 games (all but Washington, Stanford, UCLA and Arizona), he had 7 receptions for 87 yards (12.4 avg.). He had 2 catches for 22 yards against San Jose State, a 23-yarder grab against Washington State, a 29-yarder at California, a 10-yarder at Notre Dame and a 3-yarder at Oregon. He sprained his knee and ankle prior to the Stanford game, which forced him out of USC's final 4 contests. He had a procedure to correct heart arrhythmia in 2009 fall camp. He missed 2009 spring practice while recuperating from a knee injury.

2008: Ayles served as an often-used backup tight end as a first-year freshman in 2008. Overall in 2008 while appearing in 9 games (all but California, Notre Dame, UCLA and Penn State), he had 6 catches for 41 yards (6.8 avg.) with 1 TD (a 1-yarder against Ohio State). He had 2 receptions for 24 yards versus Arizona State. He sprained his knee at Washington and missed the California game, then re-injured it prior to the UCLA game and had arthroscopic surgery that sidelined him for the Notre Dame, UCLA and Penn State contests.

HIGH SCHOOL: His 2007 honors included Super Prep All-American, Prep Star All-American, EA Sports All-American first team, Scout.com All-American second team, ESPN 150, Super Prep Elite 50, Prep Star Dream Team, Super Prep All-Farwest Offensive MVP, Prep Star All-West, Long Beach Press-Telegram Best in the West first team, Orange County Register Fab 15, Tacoma News Tribune Western 100, Cal-Hi Sports All-State first team, All-CIF Pac-5 Division first team, Los Angeles Times All-Star Lineman of the Year, Orange County Register All-Orange County first team and All-Trinity League Co-Offensive MVP as a senior tight end and defensive end at Orange (Calif.) Lutheran High. He had 51 receptions for 723 yards (14.2 avg.) with 8 TDs on offense in 2007, plus had 8 sacks on defense.

As a junior in 2006, he made Cal-Hi Sports All-State Underclass first team, All-CIF Pac-5 Division first team, Los Angeles Times All-Star first team, Orange County Register All-Orange County first team and All-Trinity League first team. He had 43 catches for 617 yards (14.3 avg.) with 3 touchdowns in 2006 as Orange Lutheran went 14-1 and won the 2006 CIF Pac-5 Division and the California state Division II championships.

He made the 2005 Cal-Hi Sports All-State Sophomore first team while catching 36 passes for 469 yards (13.0 avg.) with 6 TDs.

He started as a freshman. Current Trojan Michael Reardon also prepped at Orange Lutheran.

He also was on the track team at Orange Lutheran, with bests of 193-6 in the discus throw (he won the 2008 CIF Division III, Orange County Championship and Trinity League meets, was second in the California state meet and was fourth at the CIF Masters meet) and 51-7 3/4 in the shot put (he was third at the 2008 CIF Division III meet). He also sprinted and triple jumped.

He was named the 2007-08 Cal-Hi Sports State Division III Athlete of the Year and Orange County Register Boys Athlete of the Year.

PERSONAL: He was a sociology major at USC.

BLAKE AYLES ON: His 1-yard touchdown catch against Ohio State in 2008: "When the ball was in the air, I thought to myself, 'I better not look stupid right now.'...When they called the play, I was a little surprised. Actually, I was really surprised. I got a little nervous all of a sudden. I kept thinking, 'Uh, oh. Uh, oh. Uh, oh.'"

WHAT OTHERS SAY: Jeff Miller, Orange County Register: "He's not a reserved, cliché-spewing player trying to blend into the USC program like a grass stain. Ayles has a personality and isn't afraid to use it. In high school, he sometimes grew his hair long, at least when he wasn't shaving his head bald...He isn't shy about sharing his thoughts, especially when those thoughts could produce a laugh."

Former USC quarterback Aaron Corp, Ayles' high school teammate: "I would say Blake's a little off. But he's a football player. He doesn't really care what people think of him...If nothing else, Blake will hit you hard."

Former USC quarterback Mark Sanchez: "He's a wild guy. He makes people laugh. He's the kind of guy you see riding by on the handlebars. He's a lot of fun to be around...He's got this competitiveness about him. He wants to win every play."
 6 years ago '05        #8927
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
according to rivals collier was thinking bout transfering back
but bridges have been burned, so no go
 6 years ago '04        #8928
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
@collier wanting back in

i seen that n*gga @ the grove last summer drunk as hell walking around with his shirt off and beer gut hanging out
 6 years ago '04        #8929
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
New Hurricane coach tells of vision
Dave Hyde

Sun Sentinel Columnist

9:07 p.m. EST, January 13, 2011
E-mail Print Share Text Size fl-hyde-al-golden-miami-coach-20110113

CORAL GABLES

Al Golden's vision for Miami sits in a desk drawer. It's been a few, frenetic weeks for the new football coach. He's sleeping at a hotel. His dress suits are in a football locker. His dinner diet is M&M's and Pringles.

Golden just hired an offensive coordinator Thursday, is organizing recruiting plans for the weekend and works from an office with a still-moving-in look to it. Folders are piled. Clothes hang from the door, including an orange-and-green dress tie someone gave to color-coordinate him.

There's a motivational book on the floor from a former Temple player called, "The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs." Stacks of other papers are beside it with titles like, " Partnerships Influence Performance."

Golden, you see, believes in the power of the written word.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Text alerts: Get Miami Hurricanes news on your phone
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Once you write something down you're more committed to it,'' he said. "You can refine it from there. I write everything down I believe in and want to do."

Oh, he speaks directly and strongly. Like when he says something like, "We're going to get back to developing young quarterbacks here that want to go to the NFL."

Or when answering what will be different about these same Miami players next year: "Finishing. The way we will run to the football on defense and finish plays. The way we'll finish plays on special teams, finish runs on offense, finish blocks, finish games. Finishing. That a glaring issue to me."

What Golden is saying there, essentially, is Miami players were lazy last year. Or sloppy. That isn't him. Here's a story: While a Boston College a.ssistant, Golden got word a recruit was deciding the next day.

When the dinner ended at 9 p.m., he drove four hours to the recruit's New Jersey home, left a note on his porch and immediately drove back to Boston. Did the kid sign?

"Of course he did,'' he said. "I didn't do all that to lose him."

There that idea in that story again: The written word. And Golden's believe in it in something like a porch note. He reaches into a draw of his desk now and there it is in a bigger way. There's his vision of Miami.

It's the 300-page, spiral-bound book he took to his interview with Miami athletic director Kirby Hocutt. The book is printed in Miami's colors, says, "Deserve Victory" on the cover and, under that, "The Pillars of Performance" with a picture of the Greek Parthenon. On the pillar are words like "discipline" and "work."

"Inside here is what I've developed over 14 years of coaching,'' he said. "The mission statements for coaching, the five rules for student-athletes – and I only have five."

What are they?

"That's for them,'' he said.

He did, however, show the page of the four-step progression players are expected to make from freshmen to seniors: from being directed, to being coached, to having a partnership to having empowerment.

None of that, you would agree, shakes the ground. But it is revealing to how Golden works that it's a written part of his master plan. And what's in here isn't just for show, mind you.

In talking with him about motivational speakers, I mentioned a flight from Dallas to Chicago sitting next to Zig Ziglar, a motivational guru.

"Look at this," he said, flipping right to page 286 in his book. There was a section quoting Ziglar.

Will any of this help on fourth-and-2 against Virginia Tech? That remains to be seen. But it's help get Golden get to this point.

He was a Penn State tight end who describes his one-year NFL career under Bill Parcells in New England thusly: "The worst player on the worst team in the league."

He laughs. "I don't take that too seriously."

But ask him why Miami hired the Temple coach and that emotion changes: "Because the Temple coach did something great. Took over the worst program and won over nine games in four years. Went to the school's third bowl game in 70 years. Inherited 54 scholarship players and got back to Division I levels. And did it basically without any facilities."

Part of being a sports fan is getting to know the new coach. Randy Shannon was one of us. Larry Coker was a favorite uncle. Butch Davis was driven by ambition. Jimmy Johnson was a unique personality.

Golden? He's a man with a 300-page plan in a state full of new plans. Will Muschamp has one at Florida. Jimbo Fisher backed his up this first season at Florida State. Somewhere in those 300 pages, you hope, is the secret for getting Miami back to being Miami.
 6 years ago '06        #8930
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
Peter King on the sedano show was shocked that fisch accepted this job because he heard from multiple people that he was bound for an offensive coordinator job in the NFL

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #8931
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
this motherf**ker randy shannon is bulls**tting on this ESPN townhall meeting
 6 years ago '04        #8932
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
whats he saying?
 6 years ago '04        #8933
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
whats he saying?
he finally said that even though he had a high grad rat that maybe he should have won more games
 6 years ago '04        #8934
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
he finally said that even though he had a high grad rat that maybe he should have won more games
rofl..

i bet he was saying at first that "it's a process".. "progress was made and guys were flyin around there.. we finished 2nd in the coastal for the first time in 4 years and that's progress being made"

6 years ago '07        #8935
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465
maybe he shoulda won more games

did he realize that before or after he was fired

Thats a easy answer
 6 years ago '04        #8936
space
space
anyone have any idea who the new silent commit is suppose to be?
 6 years ago '05        #8937
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 Cap Peeler said:
rofl..

i bet he was saying at first that "it's a process".. "progress was made and guys were flyin around there.. we finished 2nd in the coastal for the first time in 4 years and that's progress being made"

guys flying around always had

dont forget lower / upper extremeties injuries
 6 years ago '04        #8938
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Deeangoe said:
guys flying around always had

dont forget lower / upper extremeties injuries
player #1 gets decapitated.

reporter:is player #1 playing on saturday?

shannon: nah, he's out. upper extremity issue. nothing serious, just nicked up a bit.

player #2 gets his leg amputated.

reporter:is player #2 playing saturday?

shannon: nope. he's out. lower extremity injury. nothing serious, just a nick.
 6 years ago '05        #8939
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3778 3778
 madness said:
@collier wanting back in

i seen that n*gga @ the grove last summer drunk as hell walking around with his shirt off and beer gut hanging out
i blame yo strength and conditioning program...
 6 years ago '04        #8940
space
space
 P. Dedos said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
180 comments
1 day ago