Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #8881
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
We just got a WR coach... George McDonald who was the Browns WR coach for the past two years.
 6 years ago '07        #8882
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
whats his resume

because browns wr werent that good in my eyes

edit-
George McDonald enters his second season as the Browns' wide receivers coach. He first joined the Browns’ staff as offensive quality control coach on February 11, 2009, and was promoted to wide receivers coach on May 6, 2009. He previously spent nine seasons as an a.ssistant on the collegiate level, including two seasons as the wide receivers coach at the University of Minnesota.

A native of Buena Park, Calif., McDonald began his coaching career as a graduate a.ssistant at Ball State University in 2000 after lettering four seasons as a receiver at Illinois (1995-98), where he finished with 59 career receptions and 589 yards. A two-sport athlete, McDonald also ran track as a freshman and senior, earning All-Big Ten honors during his senior campaign with a school-record 6.74 mark in the 60 meters to claim the league title.

Coaching Background:
2000 Ball State, graduate a.ssistant
2001 Bucknell, wide receivers coach
2001-03 Northern Illinois, wide receivers coach
2004 Stanford, tight ends coach
2005-06 Western Michigan, wide receivers coach
2007-08 University of Minnesota, wide receivers coach

In 2008, McDonald played an integral role in helping junior wide receiver Eric Decker to his most productive season as a Gopher, as he set a school record with 84 receptions, eclipsed the 1,000-yard receiving mark (1,074) and earned a first-team All-Big Ten bid. Before arriving at Minnesota, McDonald spent the 2005-06 seasons at Western Michigan, where he worked with current Green Bay Packers receiver Greg Jennings. In McDonald’s first season with the Broncos, Jennings was named 2005 MAC Offensive Player of the Year, MAC co-MVP (Vern Smith Award) and was a Biletnikoff Award semifinalist after setting program records for career receptions, receiving touchdowns and all-purpose yards. Prior to his stint with the Broncos, McDonald served as tight ends coach at Stanford (2004) and wide receivers coach at Northern Illinois (2001-03). While at Stanford, McDonald tutored tight end Alex Smith, who was a finalist for the Mackey Award as the nation’s top tight end that year and went on to be drafted by Tampa Bay in the third round of the 2005 Draft. McDonald has also gained valuable NFL experience from minority internships during training camps with the New York Jets (2004, 2006), Chicago (2005) and Tampa Bay (2007)
 6 years ago '06        #8883
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,564 | Props total: 11928 11928
NFL WR coach, SFL recruiting background and solid overall recruiter.

Great Hire.
 6 years ago '04        #8884
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
former QB Savage from rutgers might be interested in transferring t UM
 6 years ago '05        #8885
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
former QB Savage from rutgers might be interested in transferring t UM
saw that on rivals

also heard from rivals that jeremy davis cleared but the um staff is not interested :rant:
 6 years ago '04        #8886
space
space
RB Kevin Grooms

someone post this story

This recruit says he would have committed to Miami early in the process if coach Randy Shannon had offered him a scholarship. But that never happened. So now that the new coaching staff is recruiting him hard and has offered, will he come on board? Don't miss this. Read on.
 6 years ago '04        #8887
space
space
Papa Cane SaveUMFootball

4-star DT John Jenkins, 6'4'' and 340 lbs, has chosen Miami as one of its finalists. The group includes Georgia, Miami, Florida and Auburn.

SaveUMFootball

3-star QB Kevin Sousa, 6'4'' and 235 lbs, could end up becoming a Miami Hurricane now that Gary Nova has committed to Rutgers.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by KiNgJaMeS305; 01-11-2011 at 05:47 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #8888
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
I also read that about jeremy davis

Wonder what they dont like
 6 years ago '06        #8889
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
Kevin Grooms - ATH...#83 in the ESPN 150

"South Broward High School athlete Kevin Grooms says he'd be a Miami commitment if coach Randy Shannon and his staff offered him a scholarship.

That never happened, and Grooms received 40 scholarship offers during the recruiting process.

So now that Grooms has received a verbal Hurricane offer, where does he stand?

He says while he's not ready to commit quite yet, he says the Canes are in very good shape.

He's visiting UM this weekend.

"I just have to see coaches, meet with the players and we'll go from there," Groom said. "I have to wait and see - I don't want to just say I'll commit."

He adds that "I've always loved Miami."

Grooms says his plan right now is to go ahead with final visits to Florida State and Virginia Tech following his UM trip; he's already visited Kansas.

Those schools round out his final four.

"They're all great schools, places I feel I can go in there and produce," Grooms said.

The Canes began recruiting him after Al Golden was hired.

"I talked to coach Golden the first week I knew they wanted me and a couple of times after that as well," Grooms said. "Coach Golden seems like a great person. He wants to win, is determined to win."

Grooms got a visit at his school from coach Jeff Stoutland last week.

"I was excited - he came in, talked to me, my coach, got my transcripts, just told me to keep working hard and they're going to slap the `U' on my head," Grooms said.

South Broward coach Allen Held was also in on that meeting.

"(Stoutland) just talked about the new staff coming in, that they're really interested, that they're going to make an offer - the old staff didn't offer," Held said. "He said he'd have an opportunity to play running back, that he's such an athlete and would definitely be somewhere on the field."

Of the upcoming visit Grooms said, "I'm very excited. I want to see how the coaches communicate, how everything is, how the players are as a team. How inviting it is basically."

Grooms played running back and defensive back this season and is being recruited as a running back by most schools.

He had 29 total touchdowns this year (six on punt returns, 22 rushing and one receiving).

He has over 3,000 combined rushing yards the last two years.

"He led Broward County in scoring this year," Held said. "The kid is electric. Anytime the ball is in his hands anything can happen. We didn't play him a lot at corner, but he definitely has the ability to play there, or be a slot receiver. He's an athlete.

"He's like Roscoe Parrish - that's not a bad comparison. He's like Roscoe was."

Asked if he would be surprised if Grooms wound up a Cane, Held said, "Not at all. He's a big UM fan. At the beginning it would have been a one-horse race."

Grooms says he wants to get on the field early wherever he goes.

"Early playing time means a lot to me," he said. "The talent I have, I feel I shouldn't be on the sideline."

and i call bullshyt on that jermey davis rumor, first of all he said he would honor all commitments and why the f**k would u not be intrested in him
 6 years ago '06        #8890
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – On Tuesday afternoon, Miami head coach Al Golden announced the hiring of another a.ssistant coach with recruiting ties in South Florida, the Northeast and California.

Former Cleveland Browns wide receivers coach George McDonald will hold the same position with the Miami Hurricanes.

McDonald just completed his second season as the Browns’ wide receivers coach. He first joined the Cleveland staff as offensive quality control coach on February 11, 2009, and was promoted to wide receivers coach on May 6, 2009. He previously spent nine seasons as an a.ssistant on the collegiate level, including two seasons as the wide receivers coach at the University of Minnesota.

“George had a burning desire to be back in the college game and we are thrilled to welcome him to the Miami family,” said Golden. “I’ve seen his work on several levels and he is great teacher and technician. As the strongest brand in college football, we can’t understate the importance of the fact that he has recruited South Florida and the Northeast, while having roots in California.”

McDonald spent the last two seasons studying under Browns offensive coordinator Brian DaBoll. DaBoll is from the Bill Belichick coaching tree and was with the Patriots from 2000-06. As Golden’s staff has been a.ssembled, one of the themes that has routinely popped up is a link to the Patriots organization.

The Buena Park native began his coaching career as a graduate a.ssistant at Ball State University in 2000 after lettering four seasons as a receiver at Illinois (1995-98), where he finished with 59 career receptions and 589 yards.

A two-sport athlete, McDonald also ran track as a freshman and senior, earning All-Big Ten honors during his senior campaign with a school-record 6.74 mark in the 60 meters to claim the conference title.

Coaching Background:

2000 Ball State, graduate a.ssistant

2001 Bucknell, wide receivers coach

2001-03 Northern Illinois, wide receivers coach

2004 Stanford, tight ends coach

2005-06 Western Michigan, wide receivers coach

2007-08 University of Minnesota, wide receivers coach

2009-2010 Cleveland Browns, wide receivers coach

In 2008, McDonald played an integral role in helping junior wide receiver Eric Decker to his most productive season as a Gopher, as he set a school record with 84 receptions, eclipsed the 1,000-yard receiving mark (1,074) and earned a first-team All-Big Ten bid.

Before arriving at Minnesota, McDonald spent the 2005-06 seasons at Western Michigan, where he worked with current Green Bay Packers receiver Greg Jennings. In McDonald’s first season with the Broncos, Jennings was named 2005 MAC Offensive Player of the Year, MAC co-MVP (Vern Smith Award) and was a Biletnikoff Award semifinalist after setting program records for career receptions, receiving touchdowns and all-purpose yards.

Prior to his stint with the Broncos, McDonald served as tight ends coach at Stanford (2004) and wide receivers coach at Northern Illinois (2001-03). While at Stanford, McDonald tutored tight end Alex Smith, who was a finalist for the Mackey Award as the nation’s top tight end that year and went on to be drafted by Tampa Bay in the third round of the 2005 Draft.

McDonald has also gained valuable NFL experience from minority internships during training camps with the New York Jets (2004, 2006), Chicago (2005) and Tampa Bay (2007).
:rasta:
 6 years ago '06        #8891
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
*In the past recruits have said they were told they needed an 820 SAT score to be admitted to UM. But Hocutt said now that "We have our own benchmark (and) any qualifier who is under that benchmark is reviewed by a committee. I sit on that committee as does an individual in the provost's office and admissions.

"The coaches, they know the standards. If an individual is an NCAA qualifier and they have the focus and determination to pursue their degree and attend class, they'll be able to attend Miami."

Hocutt said the 820 SAT score is not a determining factor on if a player can get into UM.
 01-11-2011, 08:32 PM         #8892
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Times are a changin'!
 6 years ago '05        #8893
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
shalala still got her hand on the button tho

2.5 gpa
 6 years ago '04        #8894
space
space
jeff stoutland was in alabama interviewing for a coaching position in the alabama staff
 6 years ago '09        #8895
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 343 343
Y'all see what Clint Hurtt posted on his Facebook? f**king scumbag
 6 years ago '04        #8896
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
jeff stoutland was in alabama interviewing for a coaching position in the alabama staff
n*ggas on caneinsider.com were saying that there is gonna be staff movement...... I wouldn't be surprised if Stoutland is the next one to get axed.

As of the Jeremy Davis not being accepted rumor......... there ain't s**t to worry about.... it's all message board rumors. I'm not buying in to anything, the kid will end up being a Cane.

Snake in the grass Aubrey hill is negatively recruiting against Miami now... that sonovab**ch........
 6 years ago '04        #8897
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 MOTM said:
Y'all see what Clint Hurtt posted on his Facebook? f**king scumbag
no idea, what did that fat a.ss albert lookin a.ss n*gga say?
 6 years ago '09        #8898
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 343 343
Smh Kirby should exile this douche

Posted: Today*9:13*PM
Interesting facebook exchange*
Kelvin Harris
‎#BREAKINGNEWS: Les Miles will remain coach of LSU!!! Damn Michigan can't give their job away right now.

Clinton Hurtt **** they're goin thru what Miami just experienced.

2 hours ago Kelvin Harris yeah but this worse because richrod came in and started recruited a totally different athlet than they'd every had at Michigan especially on defense. if i was les miles i wouldn't have took the job either. he got talent and an open checkbook.

Clinton Hurtt I totally agree with what you said on that. My opinion is that coaches aren't gonna go to places that don't support you enough to win titles every year and Michigan and Miami have showed that they will not do what's necessary. about an hour ago

Kelvin Harris well all of a sudden it seems we have a change of heart i mean i;m hearing we recruiting jucos

Clinton Hurtt Don't get me wrong I love our football team and the members of that family but the administration has totally screwed that place up. They wanna recruit JUCOS but since Shalala got in there its dam near impossible to get them in. I spoke to the dean of admissions the other day and this Golden cat ain't even spoke to him yet...??? I mean what are they doin?

Kelvin Harris yeah i don't think they really let him in on the dirty little secret that ain't even jucos he ain't gon be able to get in. when he find out that if a kid shop lifted in middle school he disqualified he gon feel like obama after the first white house briefing when they told the truth bout being the president

*Clinton Hurtt I'd be the 1st one to say that Randy had his short comings but what HC doesn't? Would it had helped if Randy could've learned under some great HC's hell yes. Jimmie was the only guy I'd consider a great HC that Randy worked for but the main issue is support and he didn't have that. Golden is a roll of the dice hire no different then when they picked Randy. The tell tale difference will be do they give him the things that Randy needed to right the ship?

about an hour ago
 6 years ago '05        #8899
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
2 hours ago Kelvin Harris yeah but this worse because richrod came in and started recruited a totally different athlet than they'd every had at Michigan especially on defense. if i was les miles i wouldn't have took the job either. he got talent and an open checkbook.
that was atrocious to read, had to read like 10 times
 6 years ago '07        #8900
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
everyone is negative recruiting against us

Butch is telling recruits that its nice on campus but once you leave its dirty and not nice at all.

what kinda s**t is that..

f**k them n*ggas

if i was a recruit i would ask if stuff was that bad why you stayed so long

but students wit 2.0 dont think logically
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
196 comments
2 days ago