Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Forbes: Highest paid YouTube stars :wtf:
145 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Soulja Boy - Beef (Quavo Diss)
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This picture more rare than Papoose without a hat
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #8801
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 Deeangoe said:
how can he come back...dude just left before finals dont even think he took ne of them

let's just welcome dude back.. God knows we need DBs right now ...
 6 years ago '04        #8802
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
brennan carroll conference call quotes

My decision process was..It's Miami...It's The U..I'm coming here. Had to be here

on recruiting: "Most programs have been out recruiting for 12 months, we've been at it for a week."

always tough when you have a new staff..it's a bit diffulcult but we're trying to bring a new energy to it

hasn't had a chance to watch film on current team..been too busy recruiting

Carroll opened by saying, "So proud to be a Miami Hurricane. Excited to get out recruiting. Ready to bring THE U back."

lots of simularities between Miami and USC #fb

Carroll on decision to take job at Miami: "My decision process to come to the Miami, This is Miami. THE U. "

Carroll on the biggest lesson learned from his dad, Pete Carroll: "Be a great competitor. Things will work out as long as you're competing
 6 years ago '04        #8803
space
space
brennanpcarroll on negative recruiting "there's very little negative about the University of Miami..our motto is.. It's about The U!" #fb

on the way some schools use negative recruiting against Miami: "That's a backwards way of respecting us."

More Carroll: "We want guys who want to be at Miami ... We'll try to find a way to get them here."

Carroll on lure of job. "The chance 2 win national championships. I think we can do that here w/ everything UM has 2 offer. We want 2 win."
 6 years ago '05        #8804
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
@brennanpcarroll No names can be posted, but what statement should I tweet when the canes get a new commitment? #CaneFamily #theU
new commit?
 6 years ago '04        #8805
space
space
SaveUMFootball

1 p.m. Press Conference by Coach Al Golden: Expect announcements of new staff members.
 6 years ago '06        #8806
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12016 12016
 dipset kid0221 said:
new commit?
:hmm::hmm::hmm:
 6 years ago '07        #8807
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 465 465

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #8808
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
cant wait to see what recruits we end up with
 6 years ago '04        #8809
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
SaveUMFootball

Unconfirmed Rumor: Latwan Anderson, 2010 4-star Safety, might be coming back to school after a tough 2010 year under Shannon. 2 minutes ago via web
Who twitter or whatever is SaveUMFootball
 6 years ago '04        #8810
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
# I am a UM legend. I am a 3 time Pro Bowl selection. I am a College Football champion. I am a Super Bowl champion. I am Vince Wilfork. about 4 hours ago via web

# I am a UM legend. I am a 5 time Pro Bowl Selection. I have over 9,000 receiving. I am a Super Bowl champion. I am Reggie Wayne. about 4 hours ago via web

# I am a UM legend. I am a 5 time Pro Bowl selection. 2 time 1st Team All Pro. I am a 2001 College Football Champion. I am Andre Johnson. about 4 hours ago via web

# I am a UM legend. I was "done" after 2 ACL surgeries. I am a 2 time Pro Bowl Selection and 2006 NFC rushing champ. I am Frank Gore. about 4 hours ago via web

# I am a UM legend. I am a 7 time Pro Bowl selection. I missed 40% of the season and still led the league in INTS. I am Ed Reed. about 4 hours ago via web

# I am a UM legend. I am a 12 time Pro Bowl Selection. I am a Super Bowl champion and MVP. I am the greatest MLB in the game. I am Ray Lewis.
The GREATEST EVER

Thank YOU BASED REED AND BASED LEWIS Best to ever do it
 6 years ago '04        #8811
space
space
If his official visit to Miami this weekend goes as well as he expects, offensive tackle Taylor Gadbois says he will commit to UM at the end of his trip.

South Carolina LB Commit Mason Harris Serious About UM

Defensive end Ricardo Williams will be taking an official visit to Miami this weekend and the Hurricanes appear to be in good shape to land the talented pass rusher.
 6 years ago '04        #8812
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
SaveUMFootball For those asking about Coach Swasey, he is also staying. Tony Decker will head football S&C. about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone Retweeted by allCanesBlog and 3 others
 6 years ago '05        #8813
space
space
New commit is former S. Carolina commit CB from Miami Central any info on him?

Name is Thomas Finnie I think.
 6 years ago '07        #8814
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 dipset kid0221 said:
New commit is former S. Carolina commit CB from Miami Central any info on him?

Name is Thomas Finnie I think.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #8815
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Ill tell you that boy can tackle

Also hes a early enroll

6 years ago '05        #8816
space
space
He was all set to board a plane for South Carolina this weekend when he decided to cancel the trip and stay home.

Miami Central DB Thomas Finnie woke up this morning and instead of going to Miami International Airport, he drove to the Hecht Athletic Center with his dad to tell Coach Al Golden he would be a Miami Hurricane instead.

He has already graduated from Central and will enroll at Miami on January 18 and participate in spring practice.

Finnie has been committed to the Gamecocks since the summer but had never even met Coach Steve Spurrier.

"I wanted to make sure I had a place to go," he said

Miami had never recruited him before this week. Then defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio showed up at Miami Central earlier this week and the two had a 15-minute conversation.

"He said he would be recruiting me and would go back and talk to the head coach," Finnie said.

"That same day he called me back and offered."

Finnie, a 5-10, 165-pounder who runs the 40 in 4.4 seconds, met Golden for the first time on Friday morning.

"He said that he wanted to try to keep all this talent here in South Florida and get back to the old Canes like they used to be," Finnie said.

"Miami was never recruiting me and I was upset by that. Miami was a place where I always wanted to go. I had grown up watching the Canes. But they weren't recruiting at Central at all.

That's why I was going to go to South Carolina. But now I get to be a Hurricane. I talked to my family about it for a few days. They are real excited I will be staying home."

Finnie said the Hurricanes will be thrilled with what they are getting.

"I'm a hungry and aggressive DB that is ready to play,"

Finnie said. "They wont be sorry at all that they came and found me. My big challenge will be to gain weight. But if I have to sleep in that weight room I will do it."
 6 years ago '07        #8817
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Golden presser going on as I type this
 6 years ago '09        #8818
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 343 343
It started with a visit from defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio on Monday, heated up when Steve Spurrier missed an in-home visit on Wednesday and ended in Al Golden's office Friday morning.

That's the short version of how Miami Central cornerback Thomas Finnie went from being a Gamecock to a Hurricane -- and the first local recruit Golden and his staff were able to sway away from another school since taking over for Randy Shannon.*

Finnie (5-10, 170, 4.4-speed) was a three-year starter for the Class 6A state champion Rockets and is considered the 39th best cornerback in the country by Rivals. He grew up dreaming of being a Miami Hurricane. But it wasn't until Friday that it became a reality.

"It's been a big week -- a lot has changed," said Finnie, an early enrollee who was all set to drive up to South Carolina Friday morning before UM got into his recruiting picture earlier this week. "I guess you can say it's pretty special. Everything is going to be good. I'm going to be a Miami Hurricane. I was always a Cane fan, grew up down here. Everybody likes to dream about UM and everything. Now, it's real."

Finnie received initial interest from the Hurricanes at the beginning of his senior season. But then, UM backed off. Finnie then committed to South Carolina and a.ssumed the Hurricanes weren't interested. The plan for Finnie's family was to drive up to South Carolina this weekend. But little by little, Golden and his a.ssistants got UM back into the picture, starting with a visit from D'Onofrio on Monday.

"They really showed themselves, really went after him the way they should recruit a kid," Finnie Sr. said. "Coach Golden told him everything we needed to hear in terms of us parents putting our child in his hands. They actually really showed the program to him and to me and my wife. He did a hell of a job.

"The recruiter from South Carolina did a good job. But we were suppose to meet with Steve Spurrier Wednesday and he never showed. The recruiter told us he had an emergency. But you could kind of see through that. That, he just wasn't going to come to that. That kind of took the air out of my son. When you get to meet the head coach, that means a lot to a kid, shows that you really want him. That took the air out of him. My wife wanted to meet him for him to know that 'I'm going to put my son in your hands.'

"But Golden went all out man. I'm talking about since yesterday and he had one day to do it. I told him my son is leaving in the morning. He asked for an opportunity to do it, to talk with us and everything. And he went at it. He was in Tampa with [Anthony] Chickillo. He said 'I'll come straight to your house when I leave there.' But I knew it was going to be at 2 or 3 in the morning. So we setup a meeting at 6 a.m. Everything he told my son starting yesterday, that made my son say he'll commit to UM."

Finnie, a former a.ssistant coach at Miami Northwestern, said Golden and his staff really impressed him and just kept asking for an opportunity.

"The new coaching staff apologized for what happened, 'Saying we didn't have the opportunity to recruit, come after your son. Now, we're doing what we have to do to.' And I mean, in two days man, not even a whole day everything changed," Finnie Sr. said. "[Golden] really put pressure on us. He came at us. He was unreal. He was like: 'Sir I apologize for the old staff. We have a whole new staff. We evaluated your son, watched the state championship game and we were very impressed. We really like what we saw in him. And we want him, we want him bad. Whatever it is, I'm going to do everything I have to do to get him.'

"He impressed me and my wife. He showed I want him. They always said he was a heck of a recruiter. He can go get 'em and he showed he could do it. He went after him. He didn't let me say no. We tried everything. We said when we give our word, we stand behind it. He said 'I understand that. But give me an opporunity.' And he went from there.

"He told us everything a coach should tell a parent as far as getting their kid. South Carolina did it too. But we only got a chance to talk to the recruiter. [UM's] defensive coordinator, Michael Barrow, quite a few of the coaches contacted us about him. They said they evaluated him and that he has an opportunity to come in and play right now. They put it on the table. When they do it like that, it's hard to say no. Plus, he's staying home."

Finnie said he hopes to come in and compete right away for a starting job. The Hurricanes have only five cornerbacks on their current roster for 2011: redshirt sophomore Brandon McGee, junior and former running back Lee Chambers and three redshirt freshmen.*

"There's no better place than home," Finnie said. "With Brandon Harris and all the cornerbacks left, there's a lot of opportunity. They got new coaches, a new playbook. The U is going to be back soon. And I want to be a part of it."

This guy is a monster
:agreement6:
 6 years ago '09        #8819
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 343 343
Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden has started his press conference. Says last three weeks have been crazy.
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said he hopes to have whole staff completed by Tuesday morning at latest
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said the Canes do not negative recruit
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said it doesn't take a few years to get this going. We want to start on Jan. 18
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said he left Sun Bowl thinking the problems the Canes have are fixable
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said UM needs to be "a far more disciplined team. We have to get back to being hungry."
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said the Canes will go back to being hunters on recruiting trail
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said toughest f!ghts he is getting in recruiting are from commitments of previous staff
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said he's sticking with the current staff in his strength and conditioning staff.
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said the Canes offseason "will not be badminton. We're going to get back to Jimmy Johnson days."
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said he you can't blame cornerback Brandon Harris for making a man's decision, going to NFL
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said there will be a little bit more than 15 scholarships to use in '11 class. Don't have number yet
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro In regards to Ryan Hill's Sun Bowl comments, #UM coach Al Golden said there has to be a price to pay to wear The U.
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said Terry Richardson will be Florida recruiting coordinator; Brennan Carroll will be national cord.
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said he's not real excited about having to go after committed kids (Stanford, Michigan, etc).
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said the Canes have 45 visitors lined up over the next three recruiting weekends
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM Golden: "We're not trying to make any Rivals list; we're trying to make sure the 15-17 guys we get can play for us."
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden expecting spring practice to begin in mid-to-late March with spring game in mid April
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said he expects position changes. Also Jan. 19 to first day of spring ball, players will be evaluated
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden will be on campus over next 6-7 days
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said he envisions his offensive coordinator being the quarterbacks coach as well
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden he's looking at junior college players more on defense because of need - more than he normally would
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said Spencer Whipple is coming back as far as he knows right now
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden expects his family to be down in South Florida by Jan. 14.
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said his Burger King stop at midnight last night was unique. "It speaks to power of the brand, TheU"
about 1 hour ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said a bad couple years will not erase the last 30 years. "We won't let it happen."
44 minutes ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said the Canes will be real aggressive in junior days, five camp days with different approach
44 minutes ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said offensive line stood out to him in bowl practices. RB situation too. Just not enough depth
43 minutes ago

Manny_Navarro Micheal Barrow will be #UM's new special teams coordinator; Golden will a.ssist in that aspect as well
42 minutes ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said the team is looking for a kicker; FYI, former Booker T. standout Oscar Diaz is a prospect
40 minutes ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach Al Golden said The U (30-for-30 film) can be used as recruiting tool "if you cut it up and use parts."
39 minutes ago

Manny_Navarro #UM coach AL Golden said watching Stanford other night - he wants program to get back to that style offense
35 minutes ago
:agreement6::agreement6:
 6 years ago '04        #8820
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
"The new coaching staff apologized for what happened, 'Saying we didn't have the opportunity to recruit, come after your son. Now, we're doing what we have to do to.' And I mean, in two days man, not even a whole day everything changed," Finnie Sr. said. "[Golden] really put pressure on us. He came at us. He was unreal. He was like: 'Sir I apologize for the old staff. We have a whole new staff. We evaluated your son, watched the state championship game and we were very impressed. We really like what we saw in him. And we want him, we want him bad. Whatever it is, I'm going to do everything I have to do to get him.'
Taking shots at shandy's inability to recruit homegrown talent :shots:

Golden One.

HIDE YO' RECRUITS!!! He snatched this kid from South Carolina in ONE DAY Imagine what he's gonna do until signing day Imagine what he's gonna do in a year :dancingcool:
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
160 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
108 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Why Derrick Rose Got Injured, Scientifically
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Blackberry Byke
40 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
39 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy