Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Everything You Thought You Knew About #Dinosaurs is Wrong
15 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #861
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401

[pic - click to view]

Jacory Harris QB from Miami Northwestern
6'4" 180
275 of 425 64.7 % 3542 Yds 35 TD 6 Int

Film

[pic - click to view]

Marcus Forston DT from Miami Northwestern
6'2" 285
16 Sacks

Film

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 02-08-2007 at 12:07 AM..
 02-08-2007, 12:23 AM         #862
pirublood23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah eventually miami gon be back to its old self. the U coming back.
 02-08-2007, 12:54 AM         #863
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cott damn we got hella updates in here
 10 years ago '04        #864
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
shannon's gonna lockdown dade/broward county startin next year...
 10 years ago '06        #865
FullTimeHustla 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,642 | Props total: 1 1
 madness said:
shannon's gonna lockdown dade/broward county startin next year...
man o man i hope this is true, i hear south florida is stacked with prospects next year ( like every year but more than usual ) :applause: :applause:

Last edited by FullTimeHustla; 02-08-2007 at 08:56 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #866
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Davon Johnson WR from Booker T Washington
5'10" 180 4.3 40
21 Rec 422 Yds 4 TD's
Film

[pic - click to view]

Brandon Harris CB from Booker T Washington
5'11" 182 4.45 40
40 Tackles 7 Ints

Film
 02-08-2007, 12:07 PM         #867
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
VanDyke "Im Bring Hester Back To TheU"
 02-08-2007, 12:08 PM         #868
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 8, 2007

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Patrick Nix, new boss of the Miami Hurricanes' offense, made three things perfectly clear Feb. 7 in his first meeting with the media since being hired two and a half weeks ago:

* He has no specific philosophy on offense except this: Win.

* All positions are wide open going into spring practice.

* There is no timetable for selecting the starting quarterback, and he's not opposed to playing two or even three quarterbacks.

Nix, who was the offensive coordinator at Georgia Tech the past three seasons, said he had no preconceived notions about whether senior to be Kyle Wright or junior to be Kirby Freeman should be the starting quarterback. And he didn't rule out the possibility that heralded new recruit Robert Marve, who signed in this recruiting class, could become the starter.

"I'm holding off judgment on Kyle and Kirby right now," said Nix. "I haven't been around them, I haven't coached them. I'm excited to work with them. I think they're excited about the change and working with me. I'm looking forward to this spring and seeing what they can do and get my hands on them. Let's get at it."

Marve will have to make his impression when pre season practices begin in August.

"If he's the best quarterback, he'll play," said Nix. "Been there and done that before. We had a returning starter two of them at Georgia Tech when Reggie Ball got there. And he beat both of them out. He started his first game as a freshman. The best player is going to play, bottom line."

Nix, who was hired Jan. 19, said he had little involvement in recruiting. The only player he visited was Marve, and he was impressed that this Tampa Plant product is not afraid of competition, pressure or expectations.

"At a program like this, there are a lot of expectations and I don't think he's scared of that at all," said Nix. "He's excited about that and is going to accept the challenge. That's the impression I got that he's not going to be afraid of that and he's looking forward to it."

Asked if he would ever consider playing two quarterbacks, Nix replied: "Yes. We could play three quarterbacks. You never know. We could play wide receivers at quarterback, we could play running backs at quarterback. I don't rule any of it out."

In regard to recruiting, Nix said, "I didn't have a major hand in any of them. We were just sort of the token out there. I wouldn't say what I've been doing was recruiting. Not a single player who signed came here because of me. Marve was the only one I had a hand in, and I'm not the reason he came here. We do have a good relationship, and I'm excited about working with him ...

"I told coach [Randy] Shannon that I've got a lot of recruiting to do here. We have players here we've got to get on board and ready for spring practice. That's probably the most encouraging thing being around the players, meeting them, their attitude and excitement. They're ready to go."

Nix knows he has a lot to learn about the Hurricanes' strengths and weaknesses this spring.

"I knew very little about personnel at Miami coming in," he said. "I do about the defense, but not offense. I've had to watch a lot of tape to get familiar with the personnel and try to figure out the strengths and weaknesses."

His impressions of last year's UM offense?

"I think we've got some good talent," he said. "We've got to get them in the right position to make plays and be successful. Like coach Shannon, I'm really not concerned with how they played last year. I'm more concerned with getting them ready for this spring and this fall.

"There will be competition everywhere. I don't know about these guys. It's wide open at every position. I realize that [quarterback] is the most important position. There are 10 other positions that are open, too. The guys know that. I think some of the guys that are behind and haven't had a chance to play, they are excited. They know they've got an opportunity. Let's compete and see what happens. All positions are open, and it's going to make it a fun spring and it's going to be very competitive. There's no spot locked up."

Asked to elaborate on his offensive philosophy, Nix replied, "Like coach said, win. Bottom line for me is winning. Whatever we have to do to win, if we have to run the ball predominantly to control the ball, if we have to throw the ball to catch up, whatever we have to do to win. The only philosophy is that we're going to work hard, we're going to be prepared. Players are going to play hard. We're going to do everything we can to get our players in the best position to be successful."

And that includes fullback, which has been an inconsistent position for Miami in recent seasons. "Whatever we've got," Nix said when asked if he likes a fullback, H back or various combinations. "My belief is that you take the players you've got on your team and fit your offense to them, not them to your offense. That's the most important thing we've got to do this spring is evaluate personnel."

Two new members of the offensive coaching staff also were introduced Feb. 7: Jeff Stoutland as line coach and Tommie Robinson as running backs coach.

Stoutland spent the last seven years as the offensive line coach at Michigan State, and before that he had been an a.ssistant at Syracuse for three years and Cornell for four.

"Like Patrick, for me the decision to come to Miami was very easy," said Stoutland, who also was recruiting coordinator at Syracuse. "We had played against the University of Miami in the Big East Conference for many years and I know what kind of players the University of Miami is able to recruit.

"I've been around here for a couple of weeks. It's important to build a relationship fast. We've got to trust each other. We're trying to put a play book together for spring ball. It's been a little hectic. I've been doing this for 24 years, and the good teams I've been involved with and have won, they had players that wanted to be in that program. When you recruit players like Orlando Franklin, Harland Gunn and Tyler Horn these are the three players we have coming in that want to be in your program, that want to be here, they will be everything they're supposed to be as a Miami Hurricane. They're not going to go around and complain about every little thing `Hey coach, you told me this and you told me that in recruiting.' I think coach [Shannon] said it best, 'In recruiting be honest, so that when they get here there are no surprises.'"

Robinson was the running backs coach at the University of Memphis last year, following four years as an a.ssistant at Georgia Tech. He was running backs coach at Oklahoma State in 2001, and he was an offensive a.ssistant with the Dallas Cowboys from 1998 2000.

"I've very excited about the players we signed, but I had no part in recruiting them," said Robinson, who just arrived in Miami. "We signed about 10 guys who are very explosive and there are two or three running backs in there that have that kind of ability. Certainly we hope they end up being what they recruited, explosiveness. I don't know what these guys are right now. I watched them on tape. Ask me that question in two years and I'll have the answer. Hopefully they'll be explosive enough and can do the things that coach Nix wants to get done on this offense."
 02-08-2007, 12:08 PM         #869
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 8, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

QUARTERBACK (1)

The CaneSport staff thinks Robert Marve is a good tradeoff for former Cane commitment Nick Fanuzzi. Marve has work habits that are off the charts, and his footwork, accuracy and throwing mechanics are excellent. Marve likely faces an uphill battle for immediate playing time with Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman ahead of him, but we love this signing for Miami. GRADE: A

RUNNING BACKS (3)

This is arguably the best running back group in America. Graig Cooper is already on campus and some say he has Reggie Bush-like ability. Lee Chambers will be an excellent small, fast change-of-pace back who could also line up at slot receiver. And Shawnbrey McNeal is a nice combination of strength and speed. Look for Cooper and Chambers to get immediate playing time, as both will also bring a spark to the return game. What's even more amazing is that UM was able to sell these recruits on the program despite having a young talented back in Javarris James already on the roster. GRADE: A+

RECEIVERS (3)

This was an absolute priority in recruiting. And many thought it would wind up a lot better at this position. Deonte Thompson was a major priority, but he shunned the Canes at the last minute for UF. His teammate, Taurus McKinley, had academic issues and decommitted to West Virginia on signing day when the Canes wanted him to hold off on signing. UM did land some talent here. Leonard Hankerson is arguably the most talented of the other receivers, but he has some qualifying issues he's working through. His coach, George Smith, says he doesn't think Hankerson will have a problem getting into Miami. Jermaine McKenzie already has a tremendous rapport with new QB Robert Marve. The two don't live far apart and love to toss the ball around whenever they see each other. Daniel Adderley is the tallest of the receivers at 6-foot-6, and he could grow into a tight end. He is somewhat of a project, and CaneSport's early projection has him redshirting. Another signee who doesn't officially appear in the class is Kayne Farquharson. He is working out some academic issues as he transfers from junior college and is expected on campus in the summer. He doesn't have blazing speed but is a good route runner with excellent hands. He is built along the mold of a Lance Leggett and look for him to factor in right away as a possession receiver. Overall the Canes could have made out better here. GRADE: B-

OFFENSIVE LINE (3)

There weren't big numbers here with three signees one a holdover from last year but there is a lot of quality. We absolutely love plucking Harland Gunn out of Nebraska. This kid has big-time written all over him and should compete for time as a true freshman. The same goes for tackle Orlando Franklin, who was flagged by the NCAA after signing last year. He is almost certainly in line for immediate playing time considering the lack of depth at UM's tackle positions behind Reggie Youngblood and Jason Fox. The third signee is more of an unknown. Memphis, Tenn., OL Tyler Horn's coach says he is as good as any of his past linemen, which is saying something Horn goes to a school that has produced the most SEC linemen of anywhere in the state. GRADE: B+

DEFENSIVE LINE (2)

We would have liked to see the Canes get more interior help on the defensive line, but the landing of Chris Perry certainly helps. He's a big-time stud, and Clint Hurtt should get lots of credit for swinging him back to UM after he committed to Nebraska. Still, the Canes went after other defensive tackles and simply didn't land them. At end the only recruit the Canes took was Adewale Ojomo, who needs to put on some weight to be a force at the next level. Ojomo is a strong candidate to redshirt next year as he gets bigger and stronger. GRADE: C+

LINEBACKERS (1)

It was a disappointment that the Canes missed on Brandon Hicks, who wanted to come to MIami but was overruled by his parents. But the addition of Allen Bailey certainly helps make up for that. The Canes targeted Bailey to be a big, fast middle linebacker, and he certainly has the skills to excel. Look for him to compete to be on the two-deep right away. Randy Shannon wanted a second linebacker in this class, and after it became apparent that Hicks defected he went hard after Arkansas' Charles Clay. But Clay didn't choose the Canes, opting for Tulsa. GRADE: B

DEFENSIVE BACKS (5)

There was some late drama here. Demarcus VanDyke went back and forth between Miami and Florida, even committing to the Gators at one point, before ultimately deciding on UM Feb. 6. He signed with the Canes a day later. And Joseph Nicolas was a Rutgers commitment for most of the recruiting process before deciding a week before signing day that Miami was the right place for him. Both players are talented and could contribute immediately. UM also nabbed Calais Campbell's younger brother, Jared. He decommitted from Washington after Shannon went after him hard following his being hired as head coach. Jared's certainly got good bloodlines, and Calais will likely work with him on learning the defense this off-season. Another signee with good bloodlines is Damien Berry, whose father played for the Hurricanes. He was a solid commitment throughout the recruiting process and will try to show in the fall that he belongs on the field as a freshman. Perhaps the best of the defensive back signees will prove to be Doug Wiggins. He's got excellent quickness and will be on campus for spring practice, which gives him a major advantage in the chase for early playing time. The secondary suffered a lot of breakdowns last season, and perhaps this talented new blood will help change that. Don't be surprised if the majority of the defensive back signees see playing time this season. GRADE: A

OVERALL

It seems like eons ago that this recruiting class was ranked No. 33 by Rivals.com. In fact, that was just a couple of weeks ago. Randy Shannon closed incredibly well across the board. Other than the one area kid that got away, Major Wright, Shannon showed incredible recruiting ability for a first-year head coach in the face of a season gone awry and off-field issues that were brought up by opposing coaches. The scary thing is that Shannon only had a little over a month to put this recruiting class together. And that was without a full staff. It's scary to think what he will be able to do in the future on the recruiting front. In the end, UM would have liked another quality interior lineman, linebacker and receiver. But there's still a ton of talent headed to campus. GRADE: B+

CaneSport Magazine publishes 25 times a year, 10 glossy monthly printed issues and 15 online or Gameday Issues for a subscription price of $54.95. An online only subscription or a printed magazine only subscription is $39.95. Call 1-800-635-2263 or visit CaneSportmagazine.com
 10 years ago '06        #870
space
space
space
aight good chris perry is still committed to UM, he just hasnt signed his papers or something like that

and we only lost Taurus McKinley on signing day
 02-08-2007, 01:48 PM         #871
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What I heard about Perry is when he faxed his papers and they were fu*ked up, everything is in line and he should be fine. That being said this wouldn't be the first time they fu*ked over Miami
 10 years ago '04        #872
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Perry's Papers are in. relax
 10 years ago '04        #873
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Martavious Odoms WR from Pahokee
5'9" 165 4.5 40
Sophmore Stats: 64 Rec 1150 Yds 15 TD
Junior Stats: 923 Yds 14 TD's

Film:

[pic - click to view]

Janoris Jenkins ATH from Pahokee
5'11" 180 4.65 40

Stats: 1100 Rushing Yds 18 Rush TD's 4 Punt Returns for TD's 4 INT's

Film
 02-08-2007, 06:24 PM         #874
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good posts by CRIP... mad props my n*gga
 10 years ago '04        #875
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Tha U got Northwestern, Central and Booker T Washington on lock down for '08. Hell, Shannon and the recruiters don't got to look any further than that.
 10 years ago '06        #876
space
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
Tha U got Northwestern, Central and Booker T Washington on lock down for '08. Hell, Shannon and the recruiters don't got to look any further than that.
LETS UP MY BROTHER LETS ONLY HOPE!!!
 10 years ago '04        #877
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
cant wait til spring ball
 10 years ago '04        #878
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
RECRUITING | UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI
Canes' signings `filled our needs'
The Hurricanes signed 17 players, including top Miami-Dade defensive standouts Joseph Nicolas and DeMarcus Van Dyke.
BY SARAH ROTHSCHILD

PLEASED: 'We tried to find athletes, big-time athletes,' said Hurricanes coach Randy Shannon.
AL DIAZ / MIAMI HERALD STAFF
PLEASED: 'We tried to find athletes, big-time athletes,' said Hurricanes coach Randy Shannon.

New coach Randy Shannon wants the University of Miami football team to return to national prominence, and on Wednesday, he might have gotten the program one step closer with a recruiting class that he said ``filled our needs.''

And he did it by signing ''athletes'' who can swing playing offense, defense and special teams.

Shannon announced the signing of 17 players, including Homestead defensive back Joseph Nicolas and Miami Monsignor Pace cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke, versatile players who switched their commitments late in the recruiting game. Nicolas passed on Rutgers, while Van Dyke decided against signing with the University of Florida.

Two recruits expected to sign with UM were not listed among the 2007 list UM released to the media Wednesday -- Kayne Farquharson and Chris Perry.

Farquharson, rated a four-star wide receiver by Rivals.com, signed a letter-of-intent Dec. 21, the first day junior college players and early high school graduates could sign. Farquarson, a former El Camino (Calif.) Community College standout, is taking two classes at Miami Dade College.

''It sounds strange to me why I'm not on the list,'' Farquharson told The Miami Herald on Wednesday afternoon. ``I called [UM] receivers coach [Marquis Mosely] and he said everything was fine.''

Perry, a defensive tackle, signed and faxed his letter-of-intent Wednesday morning, according to Fossil Ridge (Texas) High interim coach Tony Baccarini, who said there was a problem with the paperwork.

''On our end, he signed everything and it was all faxed,'' Baccarini said in a phone interview. ``Something about the fax wasn't clear enough to read. I haven't gotten official word that everything came through on their end.''

NCAA rules prohibit Shannon and his a.ssistant coaches from commenting on recruits whose letters-of-intent have not been processed.

Shannon expressed confidence about the depth of his incoming class.

Shannon credited his a.ssistant coaches for luring the best players available instead of targeting position players.

''We tried to find athletes, big-time athletes,'' Shannon said. ``We wanted a defensive back that can play running back, that can play receiver, that can line up at quarterback and kickoff returns. That's how you win games, you get guys like that athletically.''

Shannon's staff appears to have made strides to bolster UM's listless offense, which ranked 87th in the nation last season, by signing four-star recruit quarterback Robert Marve of Tampa Plant High and receiver Jermaine McKenzie of Bradenton Academy.

Shannon also signed five-star running back Graig Cooper, a former Milford (N.Y.) Prep star, and 6-7, 320-pound Delray Beach offensive lineman Orlando Franklin.

Defensively, UM's most highly touted signees, according to Rivals.com and Scout.com, are Van Dyke, North Miami Beach defensive back Doug Wiggins, linebacker Allen Bailey and Belle Glades' safety Damien Berry.

Shannon's only disappointment was not signing a kicker because he wanted more depth at the position.
Miami Herald sportswriter Manny Navarro contributed to this report.
 10 years ago '04        #879
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Spring practice will begin Tuesday, March 6

The spring game will be Saturday, April 7

not that long of a layoff...good cause im fiending for some miami hurricane football
 02-08-2007, 07:40 PM         #880
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dont sleep on Bailey every site but Rivals has him as a 5 star impact player right away.. His films speak for them themselves
Home      

most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
18 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
176 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
139 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kobe A.D. ID (my colorway) Your thoughts......
22 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
145 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy