Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
36 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #8601
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
Yall FSU fans are delusional

Our backs been playing college ball

Yours not even enrolled yet

6 years ago '06        #8602
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,564 | Props total: 11928 11928
Storm Johnson and Lamar Miller >>>>>>> anything FSU has had this decade

f**k outtta heaaaa

@ talking about offensive lines

we have two freshman all americans and brandon washington and we are loaded on depth on O Line.. they carried us last season you dummy :disdain2:
 12-19-2010, 11:39 AM         #8603
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Funny how we shoot down the flaws of these clowns "elite" high schoolers, and they just move on to another one.

Question: Do you guys actually watch these kids or if FSU signs someone they are automatically Heisman material in your eyes?

I remember all of you ranting and raving of Reid and Joyner, them f**ks couldn't cover anything this year. Va Tech had Reid shook in that ACCCG.
 6 years ago '06        #8604
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

Miami Hurricanes' Al Golden watches his first practice

Miami players had a new and important set of eyes watching them practice Saturday: coach Al Golden.

Actually, there were four new sets of eyes.

Golden, who attended his first UM practice since he was named coach last Sunday, was joined on the sideline by three a.ssistants he brought with him from Temple: defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio, defensive line coach Jethro Franklin and defensive backs coach Paul Williams.

``I didn't know he was here, but I looked up and said, `Holy Schnot! That's our head coach!''' guard Brandon Washington said. ``I said [to myself], `Let me compete and do what my coach says.' ''
During the 20 minutes when reporters were permitted to view practice, Golden chatted briefly with several visitors (including Donnell Bennett, coach of Northeast High in Oakland Park), spoke to his three former Temple a.ssistants, talked for a few minutes with linebackers coach Micheal Barrow (the one defensive a.ssistant who has not been dismissed, effective Jan. 1) and watched his new team run drills.

Golden and his a.ssistants did not offer instruction to the players or speak to the media.

Among other things, Golden saw Leonard Hankerson drop two catchable passes.

He saw LaRon Byrd make a splendid catch over two defenders, including former quarterback A.J. Highsmith, who is transitioning to defensive back.

He saw receiver Kendal Thompkins darting through traffic.

``It was definitely a little different,'' cornerback Brandon Harris said about the atmosphere with Golden watching. ``You try not to pay attention to it and try not to feel pressure. But it's first impressions. Everyone remembers the first time they saw you. There was obviously some pressure put on us a little bit, but it was fun also.''

Quarterbacks Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris had much different reactions to Golden's presence. Morris said, ``First impressions are very important. I saw them out here, was like, `Oh man, I have to get my A game up.' When a new coach is out there, you want to go extra hard.''

But Harris said he was unaffected. ``It didn't make any difference,'' he said. ``We treat him like a regular spectator.''

Golden, who spent last week on the road recruiting, spent part of Saturday with recruits. UM is hosting several this weekend.

It made for an unusual scene: As the three new UM a.ssistants watched practice and took notes, the three men they are replacing coached their units. Franklin spoke briefly with Rick Petri, whom Franklin will replace after the Dec. 31 Sun Bowl.

Barrow spent several minutes talking to D'Onofrio, who listened intently and took notes.

Offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland, who is coaching UM for the bowl game against Notre Dame, did not speak with Golden during practice.

``I'm sure there were guys who said, `I'm sure I have to impress the new coach,' '' Stoutland said. ``Any player will respond to that.''

Asked whether he felt he had to make a good impression to keep his job, Stoutland said, ``Every day I coach is like a job interview for me. I don't care what day it is and who's looking. That's how I conduct myself. . . . I don't care if my grandmother is watching. I'm a teacher first.''

THIS AND THAT

• Stoutland said the quarterback competition between Harris and Morris remains close. They have received a comparable number of first-team snaps.

• Right tackle Seantrel Henderson, who is ill, is the only player who has missed practice the past two days, aside from those who are out for the season. ``He really hasn't missed much,'' Stoutland said. But ``he's got to be here Monday and Tuesday'' when UM starts game preparation.

• Lamar Thomas, who played at UM from 1989 through 1992, accepted a job as receivers coach at Hampton University. Thomas had spent the past two years as receivers coach at Boynton Beach High and as a contributing analyst on WQAM-560.

Read more:
these goons
 6 years ago '04        #8605
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
But Harris said he was unaffected. ``It didn't make any difference,'' he said. "We treat him like a regular spectator.''
and golden's about to treat you like a backup, you pick-throwing bytch
 6 years ago '04        #8606
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 P. Dedos said:

Miami Hurricanes' Al Golden watches his first practice

these goons
But Harris said he was unaffected. ``It didn't make any difference,'' he said. ``We treat him like a regular spectator.''

please get this f**kin idiot outta here!!!!!! dude thinks he's entitled to something.... Morris gonna take over his spot in the bowl game and this clown is gonna end up transferring to FIU.
 6 years ago '07        #8607
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
yes morris made a way better quote

this n*gga jacory might be in for a rude awakening
 6 years ago '04        #8608
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
Looks like swasey will be staying on the coaching staff
 6 years ago '07        #8609
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
 6 years ago '04        #8610
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
Looks like swasey will be staying on the coaching staff
As long as Golden brings in his S&C coach from Temple I'm ok with Swayse staying. But I had the feeling he would be... isn't swayse the S&C coach for some of the other sports at UM as well?
 6 years ago '05        #8611
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,651 | Props total: 3742 3742
let's go Jacory.....I got you we gonna keep you starting!!!!!
 6 years ago '04        #8612
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
6'3 260lbs Olsen Pierre de/dt commits. He was previously commited to temple
 6 years ago '05        #8613
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
miami stealin temple commits
 6 years ago '08        #8614
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
Why ya'll going so hard after Temple commits tho?
 6 years ago '09        #8615
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 343 343
I know Noles ain't talking, y'all class is filled with a bunch of three stars
 6 years ago '05        #8616
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space

we got the 4th best class if you average the stars so try again cornball
 6 years ago '09        #8617
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 343 343
 Junior G said:

we got the 4th best class if you average the stars so try again cornball

21 commits

11 are three stars, f**k your average n*gga
 6 years ago '05        #8618
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
3 star Pettis - offers from Da U, Georgia, Notre Dame, USCjr, Tennessee
3 star Prestwood - offers from Bama, Auburn, Florida, USC, USCjr, WVU, ND, Tenn
3 star T. Smith - offers from Bama, Auburn, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson, GTech, USCjr, Tenn
3 star Beverly - offers from Auburn...he was one of the first commits
3 star Brutus - offers from LSU, Mich State, Ohio STate, UNC
3 star Hunter - offers from Florida, Tenn
3 star Mitchell - offers from Bama, Auburn, Clemson, GTech, USCjr, UNC
3 star K. Smith - offers from Bama, LSU, Da U, Mich State, Ohio State

:hmm:
 6 years ago '06        #8619
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
For two days after Golden was hired, Piere's phone didn't ring with the Golden call.

"I was worried a little bit, just prayed to God and hoped for the best," Pierre said. "I was hoping he'd call - that's Miami, that's the U. All the great players played there, so there was no way I was going to turn it down if he wanted me.

"Then he called, said `I need you to come to Miami.'"

That was two days after Golden got the job, and he invited the 6-6 1/2, 280-pound defensive end to UM for an official visit this weekend.

"I wanted to see the school (before committing)," Pierre said.

That visit turned into a commitment.

Pierre called his mother after lunch on Saturday to tell her he wanted to be a Cane.

"I have family here, and she said it was my decision, do what my heart feels is best," Pierre said.

So when Golden stood up from the table after dinner Saturday night, Pierre sidled up to him.

"Coach, I want to be a Hurricane," he said.

"Coach Golden said `Glad to have you on board! We're going to win national championships,'" Pierre said. "He was excited."

Pierre said the official visit sealed the deal.

"I had the best time of my life," he said. "(Golden) recruited me to Temple, and I'm the only one from Temple that he's taking with him here. He's been recruiting me since my freshman year (at Rahway High School in New Jersey), saw me grow."

Pierre was recruited out of high school by Connecticut, Rutgers and Boston College, but he didn't qualify academically and spent last semester at the military school.

He's set to arrive at UM the middle of next month.

More schools got on him at Fork Union - he landed offers from Syracuse, Louisville, Tennessee and Baylor among others.

Pierre said he never strongly considered them because of his relationship with Golden.

"He's an upfront guy," Pierre said. "He tells you what you need to work on, what you need to know. He's a good guy, an honest man. That's why I followed him to Miami."

Pierre was one of four official visitors this weekend: Albert Louis-Jean, Spencer Roth and Marcus Jackson were also there. Teddy Bridgewater took a brief unofficial visit on Friday, meeting with coaches before leaving.

"I liked the facilities, and meeting all the players," Pierre said. "It was like a family. I could be there and just act myself."

Pierre was hosted by OL Malcolm Bunche.

"He's a great guy, is from Delaware," Pierre said. "We just clicked, had fun the whole time I was down there."

Franklin broke down his visit:

"On Friday when I got in we ate lunch, they gave me a tour around the campus," he said. "It's a beautiful place. We had academic meetings. They really help the athletes there. After that we went to dinner, talked to all the new coaches, old coaches. They talked about the offensive, defensive playbooks. Then I hung out with Malcolm.

"Saturday we met with the President (Donna Shalala). She's a nice lady. For a short lady she's got the most spirit I've ever seen. She talked about how she let the old athletes come back and get their degrees and graduate. Then we watched practice. It was extreme. They went hard. That's what I want to be around. After that we went to Dolphin Stadium, walked around there, saw the facilities. Then we had lunch. Then I hung out with Malcolm, went to dinner. I also spent time with coach (Jethro) Franklin, talked about stuff he'll help me work on, things like that. And I left (early) this morning."

His goals at UM?

"Coming in January, I just want to come there, be an impact player, start off my freshman year and help the team get on a winning track, how they used to be," Pierre said. "I want to help win national championships, do whatever it takes to get to that."

Pierre won't be the first Hurricane to arrive from Fork Union. The school has also produced former Cane standouts James Jackson and Vinny Testaverde.

Pierre finished the past season with 12 sacks.

"He is an explosive defensive end," Fork Union coach John Shuman said. "We had a real strong defense that held people to less than nine points a game. He's a big, tall, lanky kid."

As a high school senior Pierre was an All-State selection after finishing with 86 tackles, 22 for losses, with eight sacks.

* Pierre shared his thoughts on his fellow visitors:

Of Louis-Jean, he said, "I talked to him. I think he'll wind up with me here."

Of Jackson, he said, "He had a ball on the visit. I think he might go here also."
 6 years ago '05        #8620
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 MOTM said:
21 commits

11 are three stars, f**k your average n*gga
you have more seniors than us

and more 3 star commits than 4 star commits

and no 5 star players....
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
196 comments
2 days ago