Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Mulann Milla: I Knocked Young MA Out When We Fought! (Young MA Is Fakin..
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Zombie Pr0stitute & 10 Others Arrested for Pr0stitution (Myrtle Be..
67 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA This Nigga still can't produce a Son
82 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Biggest Disappointment So Far in the East?
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #8541
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
listening to golden, im convinced for now

Al Golden: " We don't have anybody committed in the top 30 in the state right now. That's going change tomorrow." half a minute ago via web

Golden: We're gonna to recruit this area like crazy and also the northeast

Golden says recruits will visit this weekend. So a big recruiting weekend, planned for Dec. 10, was merely pushed back a week.

On challenges of recruiting-we're going to contact the players that are committed..get out there right away..get off to a fast star

Asked why Miam?i and why now? Al Golden responded, "Are you kidding me?" then went on to described why "it's a dream job" for him

Golden: To be honest with you, I'm the luckiest coach in America today.

Last edited by KiNgJaMeS305; 12-13-2010 at 05:25 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #8542
space
space
it's going to be a pro style offense ...on defense will be a 4-3..but we will be flexible due to spread offenses

Golden: Think players first, then plays

Al Golden said he'd like to go out of either a 4-3 or 3-4 on defense because you have to be flexible

Michael Irvin in the house, standing next to Randal Hill 2 minutes ago

Howbout a Sherko Haji Rasouli sighting in the room? nice. Earl Little is here as well

Al Golden asks former players to please remind them what the Notre Dame game means

Coach Golden- players can't worry about attendance-players job is to prepare-on getting people in the seats..we need to improve the team

Golden asked how soon he'll win a nat'l title: That's the goal -- the only expectation. The standard is excellence & to uphold a legacy

Last edited by KiNgJaMeS305; 12-13-2010 at 05:34 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #8543
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,687 | Props total: 3795 3795
he's never recruited a player from Florida.... this guy is clown, no ties and doesn't know a single recruit....good thing he said Northeast.....have fun with all those kids from Vermont and Maine...
 6 years ago '04        #8544
space
space

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #8545
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Lets f**kin Go

Golden Canes In The Building
 6 years ago '08        #8546
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
$21,342 | Props total: 94 94

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Miami coach Al Golden was to be picked up for his first day in the Hurricanes football office at 8:15 a.m.

He was ready at 8:14.

And that might have been the only unscheduled minute of his first full day with the Hurricanes.

Golden woke up Sunday as Temple's football coach; when his day started Tuesday, his wife was looking for a new South Florida home, he was trying to figure out which of his new keys fit into what lock, and hammering out final details of his five-year contract with the Hurricanes that could be worth up to $2 million annually if certain incentives are reached.

"I'm here now and I'm ready," Golden told The a.ssociated Press in a rare quiet moment in his new office, where the sounds of football players clanging iron in the weight room below could be clearly heard. "But there's a million things that have to be done."

There were some major things on that list. Some not-so-major ones, too.

Golden is living in a Miami dormitory for now, and his parking spot was unfilled Tuesday — a car provided by the university will be coming soon. In his office, a few shirts were strewn over one chair, his suit jacket over another at the end of the long conference table by windows overlooking the practice fields.

And by the door, a new carry-on suitcase and laptop bag, both with his name, sat with the tags still attached.

"There's so much going on, a lot going on," Golden said.

He did a few interviews, met with athletic and academic staff, and got a briefing from Corey Bell, the team's director of football operations, about where certain things stand. There were some little details — getting his wife directions to the bookstore so she could pick up some Miami gear for their kids — to tend to, along with big ones, like a long list of human-resources requirements.

"A lot of what's going on is being driven by the sensitivity of the recruiting calendar," Golden said in the morning. "There's kids that we have to call and go see. But I'm not even hired yet. So we have to formalize that."

By the afternoon, it was formalized, signed and sealed. Golden was cleared to recruit as a representative of the university.

With recruiting having been largely paused during the transition to Golden, there was no time to waste.

Outside the wooden doors leading to his office, a steady stream of well-wishers approached, many of them turning away after hearing that Golden was in one of his many meetings. Kicker Matt Bosher, whose time with the Hurricanes will end with the Sun Bowl against Notre Dame on Dec. 31, was one of the visitors who simply decided to come back later.

"Just wanted to introduce myself," Bosher said. "It can wait."

Even athletic director Kirby Hocutt was waiting outside for a while. A technician — summoned to get the Internet working in the office — was whisked right inside.

And immediately outside the double doors, Myrna Schneider, who has been a secretary for Miami coaches since the Lou Saban era in the late 1970s, only looked up from the four piles of mail on her desk to answer the phone.

"Coach Golden's office," was her typical greeting.

Schneider is as much a part of Miami's proud football history as anyone, a confidant for Saban to Howard Schnellenberger to Randy Shannon and every coach in between. After four years of saying "Coach Shannon's office," she broke that habit quickly, just as she had after the seven other coaching changes in her tenure.

"I almost slipped up," Schneider acknowledged. "Once."

Schneider took a lot of messages. A few callers caught Golden in a moment when he could talk, including Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland. Their conversation lasted a whole minute, which was lengthy on this day.

A recruiting meeting with Miami's current staff — Golden's staff, for now, anyway — was set for the afternoon, and the Hurricanes' new coach was set to make calls to players for much of the remainder of the day. Golden also made some calls about some potential hires for what will be his staff in 2011, and was briefed on plans for a recruiting weekend starting Friday.

Hectic, yes.

Exciting, absolutely.

"I brought three bags on the plane and have got everything I need for now," Golden said. "Hopefully my wife will find us a place to live here in the next day or two. But I'm here. And I'm excited."

Part of his campaigning for the Miami job included him creating a 300-page book he calls "Deserve Victory," with one word written in green, the other in orange — Hurricane colors.

It's his own how-to manual. Nothing in that book prepared him for the pace of Tuesday in his office.

"It's a busy time," Golden said. "This is go time for us."

Copyright 2010 The a.ssociated Press.All rights reserved.This material may not be published,broadcast,rewritten or redistributed.
 6 years ago '05        #8547
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
who the f**k is this loser out recruiting? it damn sure aint gonna be Jimbo....Randy aka got South Florida on lock couldn't even come close.......this clown knows nothing about the area, recruits gonna give this bum the cold shoulder....
 6 years ago '07        #8548
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
 Junior G said:
who the f**k is this loser out recruiting? it damn sure aint gonna be Jimbo....Randy aka got South Florida on lock couldn't even come close.......this clown knows nothing about the area, recruits gonna give this bum the cold shoulder....
thats what you hope

The Golden Era is in effect
 6 years ago '09        #8549
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 343 343
:dancingcool:Bridgewater just recommited :agreement6:
 6 years ago '05        #8550
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
yesssssssssss Jacory Jr.....things are lookin up for Da U :rasta:
 6 years ago '09        #8551
MOTM 70 heat pts70
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 343 343
 Junior G said:
yesssssssssss Jacory Jr.....things are lookin up for Da U :rasta:
I thought recruits would turn a cold shoulder to Golden you dummy?
 6 years ago '05        #8552
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 MOTM said:
I thought recruits would turn a cold shoulder to Golden you dummy?
he was Miami bound regardless of the coach dumbass....learn ya s**t....his mom wasn't lettin him go anywhere but Miami.....he's just a lil drama queen b**ch playin games so he fits in perfect at DA U

we'll see the next 5 years...Miami won't come close to a top 10 class
 6 years ago '04        #8553
space
space
Source: Mark D’Onofrio Turns Down Temple Job, Going To Miami
by Stephen Whyno on Dec 14, 2010 - 09:25 pm | 0 comments

Temple defensive coordinator Mark D’Onofrio has turned down the Owls’ head coaching job and will follow Al Golden to Miami, a source with knowledge of the situation told Philly Sports Daily on Tuesday night.

D’Onofrio is expected to become Miami’s defensive coordinator under Golden, though the source, who requested anonymity because of the nature of the situation, could not confirm that was the job he would have with the Hurricanes.

D’Onofrio was considered the top choice to be Golden’s successor. With him turning down Temple’s offer, the school opened up a national search Tuesday.

“Temple is firmly committed to finding the best possible person to continue the success it has experienced over the past two seasons and lead it to even greater heights,” athletic director Bill Bradshaw said in the statement announcing the national search. “The program has never been in better shape, posting consecutive winning seasons for the first time since 1978-79, with the 17 wins during that time tying the school record. Our goal is to find the right person to continue this success on the gridiron while also maintaining excellence in the classroom.
 6 years ago '04        #8554
space
space
A couple of notable things that athletic director Kirby Hocutt did: A good listener, Hocutt smartly reached out to successful people in UM's past, including Jimmy Johnson and now-retired former AD Sam Jankovich, who hired Johnson and Dennis Erickson. Johnson and Jankovich told us this week that Al Golden was a smart choice.

And Hocutt trusted his instincts, resisting at least two prominent trustees (including Bernie Kosar) who wanted him to hire Marc Trestman.

``Trustees can put all kinds of pressure on you, and I felt there were some trustees who would push Trestman,'' said Jankovich, who offered guidance (but not names) when Hocutt called him after Randy Shannon's firing. ``But the wise person does the research and goes with his choice, and Kirby did that. He made an excellent choice. Golden is very well respected, well qualified, will recruit hard. This might compare to hiring Jimmy. He's a little more outgoing than Jimmy, but the same attitude.''

Johnson said Golden was one of the names he gave Hocutt. Bill Parcells and ex-USF coach Jim Leavitt also recommended Golden.

``Howie Long said [his son] Chris played for him at Virginia, and both of them think he's great,'' Johnson said. ``Classy, smart, an outstanding recruiter. The job he did at Temple was unbelievable. I'm excited, plus he has experience as a head coach in a difficult situation to get this thing back where it belongs.''

• Golden said the 300-page binder that he gave Hocutt during their meeting last Tuesday is a ``book with my life's work, exactly how I'm going to operate . . . a plan to move the University of Miami football program forward.'' Hocutt was thoroughly impressed and no lobbying for Trestman could change his mind. ``I've prepared my entire career to make decisions like this,'' Hocutt said.

• Golden will use a 4-3 defense, with variations when offenses spread the field. He will use a pro-style offense. He said ``we have to have an autopsy'' to determine why UM was 7-5.

• A high-level trustee fully aware of how the search was done said, ``We were not going to get a star, and it wasn't a money thing. Why would [marquee coaches] leave any of their great programs'' to take another college job? ``Florida didn't get one either. We hired the best person that wasn't in the top 20.''

The trustee said UM inquired about Stanford's Jim Harbaugh, who wasn't interested, and said Jon Gruden never seemed serious about taking the job. Chris Peterson gave UM no indication he wanted to leave Boise State. UM thought Nebraska's Bo Pelini had some interest, but he changed his mind. And UM was turned off by Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen's big ego, with one trustee saying he acts like he invented the game.

• One trustee said Connecticut's Randy Edsall was impressive but ``we were more comfortable with Al. And he beat Connecticut.'' Another trustee said it helped that Golden, 41, is 11 years younger than Edsall.

Read more:
 6 years ago '04        #8555
space
space
bridgewater hasnt recommited
 6 years ago '05        #8556
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
^^ he'll end up in Miami don't worry, you'd be better off without him....he'd make a fine WR
 6 years ago '04        #8557
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
• Golden said ``we have to have an autopsy'' to determine why UM was 7-5.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #8558
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1109 1109
You n*ggas should be praying that bum a.ss n*gga Bridgewater doesn't recommit

Last edited by Xaiv; 12-15-2010 at 03:17 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #8559
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1109 1109
 madness said:

[pic - click to view]

smh at you canes turning your back on Randy when he was the right man for the job according to you guys only a yr ago. Its a shame Whipple sabotaged him. Randy deserved a few more yrs imo
 6 years ago '06        #8560
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,683 | Props total: 12219 12219
CHICKILLO TALKS WITH GOLDEN: With his wife looking for a new home for the family, Al Golden spent his second day in South Florida Tuesday working the phones and calling recruits.

One happy person to receive a phone call late Tuesday night was Tampa Alonso defensive end and Under-Armour All-American Anthony Chickillo, who said he spoke with Golden for 35 to 40 minutes and came away impressed. The first thing Golden told him: "I want to win championships."

"We had a great talk," Chickillo said. "He's a real proud speaker. He was real enthusiastic about the direction he thinks he can take the University of Miami program. He said I'm a No. 1 priority right now, that I'm real important to the recruiting class and he knows about my family history and he says I'm very very important to the program. He wants me to be a Hurricane."

Did the talk change his opinion of Golden? "I never had a bad opinion of him because I never spoke to him," Chickillo said. "He had success at a Temple program that hadn't had a lot of success. Everywhere he's been he's had success. I think he's one of the best up and coming coaches right now. He really surprised me. I have a lot of love for UM. His passion surprised me. I think he's going to do a great job."

Chickillo said Golden wants to meet him and his family and build a relationship as soon as he can finalize his coaching staff. Chickillo said he will still take his other visits, but is planning on visiting UM in January.

On Sunday, Chickillo said he was a little worried about the defensive scheme UM would employ. But that changed after talking to Golden. "He said it's going to be a 4-3," Chickillo said. "You know all teams run different packages and stuff.

"He just said he watched my film and loved it and all the passion and how hard I play. He said guys like me can help the U return to where he wants it to be. He says there are so many great players in the program right now. He said it's not about them, it's not about me, it's not about him, it's about us. He said it's what we can do to bring Miami back to the glory days. I liked that. He seems like he has a little swagger to him."

Chickillo said Golden's recruiting approach is very different from the way former coach Randy Shannon handled things.

"Coach Shannon is a great guy, but he kept to himself a little bit more," Chickillo said. "I don't know how to really explain it except that he really didn't like to talk on the phone. You know what I mean? Coach Shannon preferred to talk in person. Coach Golden wanted to talk to me for a long time. He gave me his cell phone number and said to call whatever time it is. I didn't know coach Golden that well, but I can tell you now I like him."

Despite reports to the contrary, Chickillo said he never de-committed from Miami and has just been talking to schools more. "When I told coach I would take all my visits, he understood," Chickillo said.

As for how Golden stacked up against new Florida coach Will Muschamp, who called Chickillo on Sunday: "They are both great coaches. I would say Coach Golden got me a little more pumped. Coach Muschamp had me pumped up too. He's a very enthusiastic speaker too.

"All I know right now is I'm going to take all my trips. After that, I really don't know when I will make a final decision. But I'm still committed to Miami."

> Chickillo said he saw former Hurricanes commitment and Miami Northwestern star quarterback Teddy Bridgewater Tuesday at the University of South Florida in Tampa.

"I went over there to hang out like I always do," Chickillo said. "I'm real close with Coach Patrick. Teddy was there on an official. I just said hi to him. He seemed tired and was going back to the hotel."

Chickillo said Golden's recruiting approach is very different from the way former coach Randy Shannon handled things.

"Coach Shannon is a great guy, but he kept to himself a little bit more," Chickillo said. "I don't know how to really explain it except that he really didn't like to talk on the phone. You know what I mean? Coach Shannon preferred to talk in person. Coach Golden wanted to talk to me for a long time. He gave me his cell phone number and said to call whatever time it is. I didn't know coach Golden that well, but I can tell you now I like him."

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
162 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
230 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
158 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
67 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
71 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
60 comments
23 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy