Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 23 - Gangs allowed to prisoners to kill people and have sex with o..
47 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Why she look like she just raped these kids
104 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Not even a fan of Rihanna but....
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the ho..
165 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #8501
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,509 | Props total: 1133 1133
QB Preston Dewey Is Also In The Elite 11 :applause:
 6 years ago '05        #8502
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639
All recruiting today:
UM football coach Al Golden said the approach this year “is like Noah’s ark. We would like to take a pair or more at each position other than the kicking game.” He’s more than two-thirds of the way there, with 22 oral commitments in a 2012 class that could feature 30 or so players and is ranked ninth by ESPN.

Though Randy Shannon signed good local prospects, several area coaches say Golden is more aggressive. “You want to talk about a night-and-day difference,” said Miami Columbus coach Chris Merritt, whose highly regarded safety Deon Bush is considering UM. “There’s a lot more communication and texts now. Miami didn’t recruit any of our kids under Shannon.”
Miami Belen coach Richard Stuart said he had more contact with Golden in four months than in four years with Shannon.

“We see them more. This staff shows [its] face at your school even if you don’t have a great prospect,” said Hialeah coach Marc Berman, intending no criticism of Shannon. Central coach Telly Lockett, who said Shannon ignored his program, noted this UM staff “is taking care of their backyard more. I talk to coach Golden a lot.”

Norland coach Daryle Heidelberg — who had two class of 2012 players orally commit to UM before Shannon’s firing and one more since — said one difference “is more UM coaches are involved in recruiting now. Different coaches call the players. That keeps it fresh.”
The former staff “had four coaches doing South Florida,” Golden said. “We have nine.” Of UM’s 22 oral commitments, 18 are from Florida and 12 from South Florida. “We want to be 80 percent Florida,” he said.

Several players committed after attending Golden’s camps, which have been more frequent and less expensive than Shannon’s. A quick look at UM’s oral commitments, by position:

• Quarterbacks (3 oral commitments): Texas-based Preston Dewey, rated ninth at his position and 148th overall by ESPN, “is a precision passer, has a real good arm and is more advanced than many others because he’s being coached by Ty Detmer,” recruiting analyst Tom Lemming said. … Clearwater’s Gray Crow “isn’t very consistent,” recruiting analyst Larry Blustein said. Crow received no other Football Bowl Subdivision offers, but UM people love his moxie and work ethic. … Lemming said Miami Westminster Christian’s David Thompson, who many expect will opt for pro baseball instead, has the most upside of the three “and has an All-American career ahead if he sticks with football.” He was invited to the U.S. Marines All-American Game Jan. 3 in Phoenix.

• Running backs (1): Miami Norland’s Duke Johnson — rated 50th among all prospects by ESPN and 145th by Rivals — “is the best running back in the state, a Lamar Miller-type talent,” Blustein said. … Maryland’s Wes Brown (Rivals’ No. 21 back) told canesport.com that UM is his front-runner.

• Receivers (4): UM loves the speed of Palm Beach Central’s Angelo Jean-Louis (who is rated by ESPN as Miami’s best prospect, 48th overall) and Homestead’s Herb Waters, who committed Sunday and was compared to a young Andre Johnson by his high school coach. “Jean-Louis is a difference maker; Waters will be a go-to receiver,” Blustein said. … Georgia-based Jontavious Carter has played only one season but caught seven touchdowns and “the big thing is his run-after-the-catch ability,” Lemming said. ... Leesburg’s D’Mauri Jones has size (6-4) and sure hands. Twelve of his 40 catches in 2010 were touchdowns.

• Tight ends (1): Tallahassee’s 6-6 Brandon Holifield, who finished third in the state in the high jump, had not played football since middle school before the spring. “He looks like a potential Jimmy Graham type,” Blustein said. FAU, Gardner-Webb and Samford were his only other offers, and Holifield is among a few players Miami might have been able to get with later offers. But Golden “is a gifted evaluator,” Lemming said, adding UM’s sleepers “are all superior athletes.”

• Offensive linemen (1): Blustein called Norland’s Ereck Flowers “a big-time tackle,” but the key here will be UM’s ability to lure one or more from among Weston Cypress Bay guard Daniel Isadora and tackles Patrick Miller (Palm Beach Dwyer) and Avery Young (Palm Beach Gardens).

• Linebackers (5): “This is an exceptional group,” Blustein said. Norland’s Keith Brown, UM’s first oral commitment, “is one of the country’s fastest linebackers,” Lemming said. Georgia-based Raphael Kirby (the highest-rated of the five — No. 126 overall by Rivals) had 121 tackles, — 21 for loss — and Lemming said his stock has skyrocketed. "He makes a ton of plays near the line because of great quickness and diagnosing skills," ESPN recruiting coordinator Billy Tucker said.

Jacksonville’s Reggie Northrup is a skilled run-stopper who has been compared with ex-Cane Darryl Sharpton; Lemming predicts he will be a prep All-American. Blustein considers Homestead’s James Burgess Jr. (who committed Sunday) and Cypress Bay’s Josh Witt to be every-down linebackers.

• Defensive ends (4): Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas’ Jelani Hamilton (rated by Rivals as UM’s best prospect, 79th overall), “is one of the best defensive ends in the country,” Lemming said. “[Former coach] George Smith told me he’s one of the best he ever had. Explosive first step, but he has to put on more weight.” As Blustein said, “every big game St. Thomas had, he came up big. With Jelani and [incoming end] Anthony Chickillo, that could be an awesome combination.”…. Lakeland’s Trent Taylor had 15 sacks in 2010 and is one of eight UM oral commits who had an offer from the Gators. …

Vero Beach’s Dwayne Hoilett (ranked 64th among defensive ends) received 20 offers the past three months, many from BCS schools. “He can be dominating, but when matched up against good size, he struggles,” Blustein said. … Pennsylvania’s 6-5 Jake O’Donnell (ranked 83rd among defensive ends) “needs to do better creating separation and press blockers off him,” ESPNU said. … UM also is a prime contender for St. Thomas Aquinas end Bryan Cox Jr. and is battling FSU for Tampa tackle Earl Moore.

• Cornerbacks (3): South Miami’s A.J. Leggett, ranked 104th by Rivals, is “a ballhawk,” Blustein said. “But he’s been at five schools, including South Miami twice, and you wonder how that can happen.”… Miami Coral Reef’s Vernon Davis “is as quick reacting to the ball as I’ve ever seen,” Blustein said. Davis and fellow commit Larry Hope (Hialeah American) didn’t generate great interest last season, but impressed UM and others during offseason camps and combines. Miami is in the mix for Bush (“he likes UM quite a bit,” Merritt said) and elite Miramar cornerback Tracy Howard.

• Among elite players, nobody has outdone Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher, who has four of the top 53 and the top two who have orally committed on Rivals’ list: defensive ends Mario Edwards (No. 2) and Dante Fowler (11).

• UF coach Will Muschamp has excelled, with nine oral commitments among Rivals’ top 250 — led by Boynton Beach offensive tackle Jessamen Dunker. … UM has five in Rivals’ and ESPN’s top 150. … Rivals lists one oral commit for FIU: quarterback E.J. Hilliard, who backed up Teddy Bridgewater at Miami Northwestern.

• Rivals lists six South Florida-based players in its top 100: Howard (25), Young (38), Pompano Beach Blanche Ely receiver Avery Johnson (43; a soft LSU oral commitment); Dunker (49); Bush (65) and UM-bound Hamilton (79). Blustein said the top local quarterback is Miami Dade Christian’s Bilal Marshall, who is considering Duke, Wake Forest, Kansas and Purdue.

Read more:
 6 years ago '08        #8503
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$407 | Props total: 11 11
 6 years ago '05        #8504
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639
crazy how highly rated armstrong is, and at times last yr he was a liability with this coverage skills
 6 years ago '08        #8505
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
honestly i didn't even know he had that many tackles. but i think its his size and potential that has the NFL calling. Hopefully he beasts this year, he chose the jersey so he gotta fill the shoes
 6 years ago '07        #8506
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
So I gues the scouts missed VT...
 07-14-2011, 01:02 PM         #8507
The Lefty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Am I the only one who doesn't like this Ray Ray hype?

Hyped out of high school, under-performed for the most part since.

Hopefully all this NFL talk doesn't get to his head.

With what we have at CB this year, and if none of them take that step towards our #1 guy, then we NEED VT and Ray Ray to be great.
 6 years ago '07        #8508
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 The Lefty said:
Am I the only one who doesn't like this Ray Ray hype?

Hyped out of high school, under-performed for the most part since.

Hopefully all this NFL talk doesn't get to his head.

With what we have at CB this year, and if none of them take that step towards our #1 guy, then we NEED VT and Ray Ray to be great.
Ya in Ncaa12, they got Ray Ray as the highest rated SS. I was like

I dont think hes close to being an NFL safety, he has all the talent but hes big as hell. Needs to get quicker and take wayyyyy better angles. Telemaque looks like a future pro IMO
 6 years ago '08        #8509
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
f*ck ncaa ratings. accelerations and everything is all off. but based on the number of games he started last year and the limited PT he got as a freshman i think this will be a breakout season for VT and RayRay. By the end of the year, Finnie will be that DUDE
 6 years ago '04        #8510
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
 ttime236 said:
Ya in Ncaa12, they got Ray Ray as the highest rated SS. I was like

I dont think hes close to being an NFL safety, he has all the talent but hes big as hell. Needs to get quicker and take wayyyyy better angles. Telemaque looks like a future pro IMO
his angles have gotten better, but i agree 100% for u.... dont really understand his hype right now although the talent is there.. Alot of teams are gonna c him as OLB at the next level.
 6 years ago '07        #8511
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 FSU_CANE561 said:
f*ck ncaa ratings. accelerations and everything is all off. but based on the number of games he started last year and the limited PT he got as a freshman i think this will be a breakout season for VT and RayRay. By the end of the year, Finnie will be that DUDE
Finnie

they say that boy been k!llin sh*t......i hope he steps up and sures up something
 6 years ago '07        #8512
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Meet Gionni Paul

Transitioning to college was hard. I'm not used to waking up at 5:30 in the morning. We're going to workouts then breakfast then study hall then class just to come back for more workouts. I find myself falling asleep walking sometimes (laughs).

Coach Golden talks a lot about teamwork. My old coach was based on family and teamwork too, so that wasn't a big change for me, they're coaches from the same path. Conditioning though, Coach Golden, boy, he's big on it. I never ran gassers like we've been doing. As a freshman coming in, I didn't know what to expect, I had to buckle down and go with the flow.

Coming out of high school, everyone says Miami has a big tradition and history. They said you'd see a lot of former players there that play in the NFL now. I didn't really take all that in, so when I first got here, my eyes got big. I could barely say anything around them, I thought about maybe getting an autograph, I would stutter every time I saw them. It was a big experience for me.

One thing everyone should know about Miami football is that it's tough being a Hurricane. It doesn't come easy. It takes hard work in the classroom and hard work on the field

When I played football as a kid, I pretended to be Ray Lewis. I can't even lie, it was always Ray Lewis. I saw him dancing, acting a fool, it made me want to dance. When I got my first chance to meet him, my eyes lit up. He went to my high school, so he's talked to our team time after time. He's a hard-working man. One day, hopefully, I'll get close to his level. That's a big dream of mine.

I was originally committed to Arizona State because of Coach Dennis Erickson. He was formerly the Miami coach, and I liked what he did at the University of Miami. I was a big fan back around 2001. When I heard Coach Golden was coming to Miami, I looked him up on Google and saw what he did at Temple. My eyes lit up. Not many people take pride in the way coaches can turn a program around, but I do. I think Coach Golden, is an awesome, awesome, awesome coach. He's big on character, personality, work ethic, and all the things that my family believes in.
I had offers from everywhere, over 50. I wouldn't talk to anyone. But Coach Golden, he came in and didn't really pressure me, he told me what was real, and he built a relationship with me. That's how I ended up here. I'm happy I'm here.

People might be surprised to know I'm majoring in civil engineering. I also love animals. I want to be a veterinarian one day.

My mom is a guidance counselor, and my dad works with a lot of students, he's a teacher and a dean. Both of them were always involved in the school system, so growing up, grades were always important.

I'm a Hurricane because I take pride in the tradition and history. I always wanted to be a Hurricane. I grew up a Hurricane fan. When we were younger and used to have imaginary teams, we always used to f!ght over Florida State and Miami (laughs).

The best advice I've been given is to shoot for the moon, and if you miss you'll land amongst the stars. My dad told me that.

I don't really have superstitions before the game. I just pray before every game. I thank God for the position He put me in. I thank my coach for giving me the opportunity to play every game. Other than that, none really.

My favorite song right now is "How To Love" by Lil' Wayne

I want to leave a legacy at the University of Miami. I want to be the most feared hitter whoever walked this campus. Just know #36 when he gets on the field.

Rumble Young Man Rumble

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #8513
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Gotdamn, I just read up on this Sony Michal kid. Tearing it up on varisty as a eighth grader. I know yall living down here mustve heard something bout him, and I read hes a canes fan

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #8514
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 ttime236 said:
Gotdamn, I just read up on this Sony Michal kid. Tearing it up on varisty as a eighth grader. I know yall living down here mustve heard something bout him, and I read hes a canes fan

He`s a cane lock unless we do some of the dumbest sh*t in history. He be at all the camps tearing it up. Hes a fu*king workhorse.
 6 years ago '05        #8515
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$53,942 | Props total: 6808 6808
he'll scatter to us when you have this miserable season of 5 wins
 6 years ago '04        #8516
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,969 | Props total: 2776 2776
training camp almost here:wow:

45 days til college football
 6 years ago '05        #8517
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,672 | Props total: 471 471
Any word on when Tracy Howard is going to commit? Kid was suppose to be a Gator
 6 years ago '07        #8518
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Lil Jay 05 said:
Any word on when Tracy Howard is going to commit? Kid was suppose to be a Gator
Its 50/50 at this point. Hes just not a heavy gator lean at this point

I hope he commits to us tho its a huge need
 6 years ago '05        #8519
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,672 | Props total: 471 471
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
Its 50/50 at this point. Hes just not a heavy gator lean at this point

I hope he commits to us tho its a huge need
He is all Miami at this point. I believe we are done looking at DBs that is if Poole and Bailey stay committed.
 6 years ago '08        #8520
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,052 | Props total: 2734 2734
All about that U

Home      

most viewed right now
DJ Akademiks spoke to OVO 40 for 4 hours; 40 declined beats for Jay-Z; Drake/W..
128 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If she fit i'm fit
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dat booty...prime grade
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Reminder Black Friday Starts Now at Walmart.com
97 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Westbrook to KD: I'm Coming at Your Neck Every Single Night
93 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Nov 22 - Death Date Announced For The Internet
209 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Nov 21 - Tariq Nasheed embarrasses Laura Ingraham on Fox News
120 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky split after a year together
23 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy