Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #8461
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
we got anotherdecomit. dont know who
 6 years ago '09        #8462
reborG80 
space
space
$2,849 | Props total: 1 1
i just want a coach like butch davis to be honest build talent and play wit a chip on our shoulders
 6 years ago '06        #8463
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,667 | Props total: 12179 12179

its official sun bowl vs notre dame
 6 years ago '04        #8464
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
McDermott Emerges in UM Coaching Search
Dec. 5, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Sean McDermott.
Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Sean McDermott is a name to keep a very close eye on in the University of Miami head coaching job.

McDermott, 36, is considered one of the most promising young defensive coaches in the NFL.

According to a source, at least two former Hurricanes--Ray Lewis and Dan Morgan--have contacted UM athletic director Kirby Hocutt endorsing McDermott.

In addition to the support from Lewis and Morgan, Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh and St. Louis Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo as well as former UM coaching candidate Jon Gruden have also contacted Hocutt in favor of McDermott.

Harbaugh and Spagnuolo have coached with McDermott in Philadelphia under coach Andy Reid, who is known for developing coaches under his leadership.

The source says that it is believed that McDermott is interested in the UM job.

McDermott is in his second year as the defensive coordinator of the Eagles, where he has been since 1998.

His other positions with the Eagles include secondary coach (2008), linebackers coach (2007), secondary coach/safeties (2004-06), a.ssistant defensive backs coach (2002-03), defensive a.ssistant/quality control (2001), a.ssistant to the head coach (1999-00), and scouting administrative coordinator (1998).

Harbaugh was the special teams coordinator and defensive backs coach for the Eagles from 1998-2007, all nine years were spent with McDermott on the staff. Spagnuolo was with the Eagles from 1999-2006 as a defensive a.ssistant, defensive backs coach, and linebackers coach.

During McDermott’s previous 12 years with the Eagles, they have made the playoffs eight times. Six times the Eagles defense finished in the top five.

McDermott’s only college experience was in 1998 when he was a graduate a.ssistant at William and Mary, his alma mater. He was an all-conference safety in 1997 and is a 1993 graduate of La Salle College High School in Pennsylvania.
 6 years ago '05        #8465
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
we got anotherdecomit. dont know who
it appears to be marcus jackson
 6 years ago '05        #8466
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,674 | Props total: 3793 3793
lmao....do you have any commits anymore?

ya'll got more seniors than us and 25 less commits

nobody wants to play for the 10th best team in Florida.....you f!ghtin with FAU and FIU for commits ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

DA U has officially been pronounced DEAD
 6 years ago '04        #8467
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Coaching Candidate: Kevin Sumlin
Dec. 6, 2010

By: David Lake

Kevin Sumlin
University of Houston Head Coach Kevin Sumlin is considered one of the great offensive minds in college football when it comes to the passing game.

Sumlin, who is 46 years old, runs a similar offense Mike Leach ran at Texas Tech--its wide open and scored a lot of points.

Read here for a look at Sumlin, who is on the list of coaching candidates as Kirby Hocutt continues his search for the replacement of Randy Shannon.

Resume

1988–90 Washington State (Graduate a.ssistant)
1991–92 Wyoming (WR Coach)
1993–96 Minnesota (WR Coach)
1997 Minnesota (QB Coach)
1998–00 Purdue (WR Coach)
2001–02 Texas A&M (Offensive Coordinator)
2003–05 Oklahoma (Special Teams/Tight Ends)
2006–07 Oklahoma (WR Coach/Co-Offensive Coordinator)
2008–present Houston (Head Coach)

Record as Head Coach: 23-16

Sumlin's Mentors

Sumlin played linebacker at Purdue from 1983-86, where he was a four year starter and is still in the top ten for all time tackles, and he later became wide receivers coach for the Boilermakers under coach Joe Tiller. Since then, Sumlin has installed the same type of potentent passing attack offense Purdue ran during that time. Sumlin was on the Purdue coaching staff during Drew Brees' stint with the Boilmakers. Sumlin was an a.ssistant for five years under Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops, but he learned most of his offensive principles from Tiller at Wyoming and Purdue. Sumlin also coached under Dennis Erickson, Mike Price, and R.C. Slocum.

Sumlin's Strengths

Sumlin has guided some of the best passing attacks in the country for the last decade. In 2009, Houston led the nation in passing offense (433.71 ypg), total offense (563.36 ypg) and scoring offense (42.21 ppg). The Cougar offense topped 40 points in nine of 14 games, reached 50 points on four occasions and registered at least 70 points in a game for the second straight season, when UH knocked off its cross-town rival Rice, 73-14. Quarterback Case Keenum threw for 5,671 yards with 44 touchdowns and 15 interceptions while completing 70 percent of his passes.

In his final season as a coordinator at Oklahoma in 2007, the Sooners finished fifth in the nation in scoring offense at 42.3 points per game, while ranking 19th nationally in total offense averaging 448.9 yards per game. The OU receivers recorded 19 touchdowns while Malcolm Kelly and Juaquin Iglesias provided one of the best 1-2 receiving punches in the nation.

Why Sumlin Makes Sense

It is interesting that Sumlin was a defensive player, who has become an offensive coach that runs a high powered attack. Sumlin has a strong understanding of both sides of the ball and knows the different mentalities of offensive and defensive players. Having a coach that knows both sides of the ball is a big plus.

While at Texas A&M and Oklahoma, Sumlin earned the reputation as one of the best recruiters of Texas talent. Learning the Florida recruiting landscape will take some time, but Sumlin has shown he is a grinder on the recruiting trail. With a move to Miami one could a.ssume that Sumlin would retain all of those Texas recruiting relationships and hopefully continue to bring Texas talent to Miami while also recruiting South Florida. In a short period of time at Houston, Sumlin greatly raised the level of recruiting for the Cougars.

Sumlin has been at Houston for just three seasons, but he has already pulled off a few big time wins against ranked opponents. Houston has beat No. 5 Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and Mississippi State. The 2010 season was derailed by the loss of Houston's top two quarterbacks. The Cougars finished the season 5-7 and went 3-7 after losing their quarterbacks. In 2009, Sumlin led Houston to a 10-4 record and had the Cougars ranked as high as No. 22.

The Negatives Of Hiring Sumlin

There is no doubt that Sumlin would be able to score points. Hiring a strong defensive coordinator will be imperative to accompany Sumlin. Oklahoma has had a lot of success with a wide open offense in the 2000s, but the Sooners have not forgotten how to play defense. Sumlin and Miami athletic director Kirby Hocutt would have to hire a very good defensive coordinator if Sumlin is to be considered.

The Verdict

It would be exciting to see what Sumlin could do offensively with the caliber of athletes Miami can recruit. College football is slowly becoming more about offense. You still need a solid defense, but just look at the two teams playing for the National Championship, Oregon and Auburn, have the first and sixth ranked scoring offenses in the country. The teams between Oregon and Auburn in scoring offense are Boise State, Oklahoma State, TCU, and Wisconsin. To win in college football these days, you have to score points. Kevin Sumlin can score points. I would love to see Miami hire a coach that would run the type of offense Sumlin would run and then put a big emphasis on hiring an experienced defensive coordinator. With Sumlin's and Hocutt's ties to Oklahoma, the two have crossed paths and Hocutt should explore this option.
 6 years ago '04        #8468
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Former Eagles Praise McDermott
Dec. 6, 2010

By: Christopher Stock

Sean McDermott.
MIAMI, Fla. -- Sean McDermott is considered one of the best young defensive minds in the NFL.

And it’s no surprise that he’s one of the hardest-working coaches.

McDermott, 36, is in his second year as defensive coordinator with the Philadelphia Eagles, where he has been on the staff since 1998 working under Andy Reid and with current NFL coaches John Harbaugh, Steve Spagnuolo, and Leslie Frazier during his time with the Eagles.

Harbaugh, Spagnuolo, Jon Gruden, Ray Lewis, and Dan Morgan have contacted University of Miami athletic director Kirby Hocutt to express their endorsements of McDermott according to a source. (McDermott Emerges in UM Coaching Search)

And you can add at least two former Eagles to the list of people who think very highly of McDermott.

“He’s a younger coach that understands how to get the morale going,” said Sheldon Brown, who played eight seasons with the Eagles. “When I was with him, I saw him grow from a guy who was quality control when I was first in Philadelphia. I’ve seen him mature, I’ve seen his work ethic, I’ve seen him spend many nights at the stadium. He works really, really hard at what he does. Anything that is willing to come is willing to come his way in terms of a coaching standpoint, from a leader standpoint, from a guy that is willing to motivate players and care about them, I think he’s your man.”

Linebacker Chris Gocung, also with the Browns, played three seasons in Philadelphia (2007-09). McDermott served as the linebackers coach during Gocung’s rookie season.

“He’s one of the most hardworking coaches that I’ve played for,” Gocung said. “He definitely puts his players in the right position to make the plays. The Philly defense is always a strong, stout defense and that’s what they pride themselves in and he’s a big part of that, if not the reason for it.”

McDermott was a defensive backs coach for much of Brown’s career in Philadelphia and helped him develop into a very solid player. His 21 career interceptions ranks 20th among active players.

“We studied more tape and did more film study than anything and we were very prepared for a football game,” Brown said. “Sometimes I think he watches too much film because you would be out there and you would know exactly what’s going on, which makes you confident. I have nothing negative to say about him. He did wonders for me and my career and I’m proud that he’s doing well with that defense now since I’ve moved on. It speaks for itself. They can bring in different people, he can install the playbook and keep it rolling.”

Demanding a lot out of his players is one of McDermott’s strengths.

“He would definitely demand everything out of you whether it was extra before and after practice or extra film before the game started or after,” Gogung said. “I learned a lot from him and I was lucky to have coaches like him and Spagnuolo and Jim Johnson.”

UM might be looking heavily at a coach with head coaching experience, which McDermott does not have. However, Brown believes he is well-prepared to be a head coach when that time comes.

“It reminds me of John Harbaugh when he went to Baltimore as a head coach,” Brown said. “You say he don’t have the experience, but you could see Harbaugh taking notes every single day. Eating lunch, taking notes. He probably didn’t wash his car, but if he was washing his car, he was taking notes. Anything. McDermott spent time with Harbaugh. That whole Andy Reid coaching regime is very thorough, no-nonsense type of coaches, and very detailed. Their whole staff is going to be that way if you get one of his coaches.”

And Brown thinks McDermott would be successful at the collegiate level.

“I think he will be because he played in college and then on top of that, he’s going to demand respect because he’s been a coach in the National Football League,” Brown said. “His biggest thing would be to tell the players that I have the contacts in the National Football League and he’ll be able to motivate guys to play for him because he’ll be able to say, ‘you know what, you have the ability to play in the National Football League, now all you have to do is produce. I have the contacts, I can make the calls‘. Why wouldn’t you believe that? He’s coming from a proven place, many playoffs, he has a resume to present to these kids to make them want to go there.”

So would McDermott be a good fit at Miami?

“I would say so,” Gocung said. “Anything he puts his mind to that he decides to do it, he’s going to do it.”

Brown said: “Yeah, he would be a great fit.”
 6 years ago '04        #8469
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
UM Needs an Offensive Coach
Dec. 6, 2010

By: David Lake

Athletic Director Kirby Hocutt
The saying that defense wins championships is quickly becoming an outdated mantra in the world of college football.

The stats don't lie.

Oregon and Auburn, the two teams facing off in the BCS Championship Game, are ranked first and sixth nationally in scoring offense this season. In scoring defense, Auburn ranks 54th in the country.

The teams that are currently ranked top ten in the country in scoring offense have a combined record of 111-12 (.902) while the top ten teams in scoring defense combined for a record of 95-26 (.785). The only teams who were top ten in both categories were TCU and Boise State.

Of the teams top ten teams in scoring offense only Stanford and Wisconsin run a conventional pro-style offense. The spread has become the best offense to score points and score points in bunches in college football and with Miami looking for a head coach to replace Randy Shannon, athletic director Kirby Hocutt should strongly consider a coach who runs a wide-open offensive attack--its the way college football is heading.

The spread is successful because it thins out a defense horizontally across the field and forces defensive players to make plays on an island--whether it is defending a wide receiver or stopping a ball carrier in open space. It creates many cracks and crevices for an offense to take advantage of and when a team has superior athletes on offense, it is a tough attack to stop.

There are primarily three types of spread attacks: the Air-Raid offense, the spread option, and the pistol offense. Normally a spread offense will take bits and pieces from each attack and incorporate it into the offense, but each spread offense has a base principle. A spread offense can be extremely versatile. It can be pass heavy, run heavy, or a mixture of both the run and pass.

A spread offense that has players with great speed, plays with a fast pace, and minimizes mistakes can be a defense's best friend. An offense that can continuously score points and tire out an opposing defense makes the job of a defense that much easier. Many experts across the country look at the spread offense as gimicky, but if you can put elite athletes in space on offense and combine that with the athletes Miami recruits on defense every year, that would be a team that is hard to beat.

The college game is different than the NFL. A pro-style attack requires great play from a strong armed quarterback, an elite offensive line, and receivers who can get open on any given play. To run a pro-style offense, NFL caliber skill talent is a must. The spread offense simplifies everything. It makes the big play more likely to happen because skill players are almost always on an island and if you have great speed in a spread attack you can always have success.

The following are a handful of the most innovative minds in college football when it comes to running the spread and are also potential candidates for the Miami job.

Chris Petersen - Petersen likes to spread the ball around with the passing game, but he also stays true to the run. Boise State ranked 24th in the country this season in rushing offense, averaging 200 yards per game on the ground. The Broncos also threw the ball for 319 yards per game this season. Petersen runs a very quarterback friendly offense and he makes sure to put his players in the best position to make plays. Petersen's offenses run like well-oiled machines and rarely make mistakes.

Mike Leach - Of all the modern day coaches, Leach is the Godfather of the "Air Raid" attack. Leach ran the pass happy offense to perfection while at Texas Tech, turning the Raiders into a perrenial top 25 team in the Big 12. Everywhere Leach has coached, Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech, his offenses have generated absurd numbers. Leach doesn't mind scoring points at will on any opponent and that brash style would mesh perfectly with the swagger of the University of Miami program.

Kevin Sumlin - At Houston, Sumlin has shown that he likes to throw the ball often as well. In 2009, Houston led the nation in passing offense (433.71 ypg), total offense (563.36 ypg) and scoring offense (42.21 ppg). The Cougar offense topped 40 points in nine of 14 games, reached 50 points on four occasions and registered at least 70 points in a game for the second straight season, when UH knocked off its cross-town rival Rice, 73-14. Quarterback Case Keenum threw for 5,671 yards with 44 touchdowns and 15 interceptions while completing 70 percent of his passes. Sumlin puts up huge offensive numbers and he does it without BCS caliber talent.

Dan Mullen - While as offensive coordinator at Florida and head coach at Mississippi State, Mullen has run a spread option attack that puts the ball in their best athletes hands and forces a defense to stay honest with the run and pass. Mississippi State was fairly balanced on offense this season, running for 215 yards per game and passing for 179 yards per game. An attack like the spread option can keep a defense guessing and can put defenders on their heels. If a coach can get a special athletic talent at quarterback for the spread option, the offense can be nearly impossible to stop.

Gus Malzahn - Malzahn does a good job of mixing the Air Raid principles with a spread option attack. Since 2006, Malzahn has been offensive coordinator at Arkansas, Tulsa, and Auburn. At each stop, Malzahn has gotten the most out of the talent on his team, whether it is with the running game or passing game. Arkansas advanced to the SEC championship game and won 10 games in 2006 with Malzahn overseeing an offense that included future NFL tailbacks Darren McFadden, Peyton Hillis and Felix Jones. This year at Auburn, Malzahn has run the offense through star quarterback Cam Newton and has helped the Tigers flourish. Malzahn has not had the head coaching experience on the college level that the other names on this list have, but he is a rising star in the college football coaching world.
 6 years ago '05        #8470
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,674 | Props total: 3793 3793
CaneSport, #Canes top QB recruit Teddy Bridgewater decommits, but [like every other kid] might be in if they get a good coach.

dorsett up next (s**t he ya only commit left )
 6 years ago '07        #8471
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
thats not a suprise at all

n*ggas aint canes to begin with

you gotta have green and orange running thru ya blood
 6 years ago '08        #8472
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$399 | Props total: 3 3
Ain't no pressure with Teddy's de-commit. He's built like Jacory, and Morris will be great competition for the starting job next season and even better to take the reigns if Jacory f*cks up or when he graduates.
 12-06-2010, 08:00 PM         #8473
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've never seen someone more concerned with and who's life depends on 17 and 18 year old's decisions on what college they will attend.

It's sad, actually.
 6 years ago '05        #8474
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,394 | Props total: 1 1
LMAO AT us having more 2012 commits than yall 2011...
 6 years ago '04        #8475
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0

how many committs we have? 2 left

but eh.. no worries, these breed of northwestern kids were acting like lil b**ches for a minute already. They were sayin they rather play in lsu's offense and s**t... well, go f**kin ahead.

i'ts all good shannon had to go either way, f**k the recruits, this class was gonna suck anyways.
 6 years ago '06        #8476
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1109 1109
U bums still dont have a coach? How many ppl in your 2011 class? 2?
 6 years ago '07        #8477
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 Cap Peeler said:

how many committs we have? 2 left

but eh.. no worries, these breed of northwestern kids were acting like lil b**ches for a minute already. They were sayin they rather play in lsu's offense and s**t... well, go f**kin ahead.

i'ts all good shannon had to go either way, f**k the recruits, this class was gonna suck anyways.
Exactly

At this point, we just needed the regime change. We can make up for the talent later, its not like we're gonna slack in that area

I wanna see what a coach can do with next years seniors cus I know theres like 5 future nfl ballers in that class
 6 years ago '04        #8478
space
space
SaveUMFootball

Randy Edsall (UConn) and Al Golden (Temple) are being reported as the front-runners for the UM HC job.
 12-07-2010, 08:05 PM         #8479
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm all for Randy Edsall.

Think the guy would be perfect for us.
 6 years ago '04        #8480
space
space
kaufsports

Trusty sources: Tuberville, Mullen have had conversations w/#UM, but search far from over. Other candidates still very much in picture. 9 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone Retweeted by SaveUMFootball and 1 other
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
63 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
66 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
88 comments
1 day ago