Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
 118
NBA Lavar Ball on CNN Tonight
441 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 72
Video inside CyHi challeging all NY rappers live on NY radio! In NEWYork with an epi..
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 70
paige and her goon mandy rose
6 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 60
Image(s) inside MoneyBagYo feeling gay for C Breezy :MJLGBT:
105 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #8441
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639

[video - click to view]


ohh nothing new to see here guys,

keep it moving

 6 years ago '05        #8442
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$8,651 | Props total: 318 318
 db305 said:
Notre Dame was 119th in total offense in 2007 (115th ranked rushing and 110th passing) and 65th in 2008 (101st rushing/34th passing). They got up to 8th nationally in Weis' last year (2009) because they threw the ball 37 times a game since they couldn't run with their 84th ranked rushing offense. They also had 4 500+ yard games against Washington (70th total defense), Washington State (118th), Nevada (54th), and Navy (75th) in 2009.

As far as taking the playbook and dumping it on his team? That's literally what he did when he got to Notre Dame. I'm not saying that he is a bad coach, but he is more suited to the NFL game when players can devote 100% of their time to learning the offense. Other teams run pro-style offenses, but those are adapted to the college game while Weis is famous for his complicated plays, NFL terminology, and his ego not letting him compromise his system. Don't get me wrong, if UF develops its quarterbacks and skill players for the long-term and they learn the plays, they will be a perennial top 5 offensive team. It just needs to be proven.

Brady Quinn is somehow a scrub? He had two full years of development and experience before Weis came and went from 9 TDs and 15 INTs in 2003 as a freshman (9 starts) to 15 TDs and 9 INTs as a sophomore. It's not only the playbook that matters, he had two years to learn how to read defenses and adjust to the speed of the college defensive backs in a west coast offense before transitioning to a scheme where the run is (supposed to be) an actual threat to set up the pass.

Also, I noticed that you didn't have any response to my questioning of your logic that just because someone is a top-tier coordinator, they will be a great head coach by default.

Sorry that you feel so threatened by a newcomer on the board making your comments look bad that you have to stoop to insulting a stranger over an electronic medium.
I am not threatened at all my friend. You are agreeing with basically everything and I am saying and trying to put your own spin on it. Who cares if they passed the ball a lot. It was still effective. You totally looked passed Notre Dames terrible defense and put all the blame on the offense . If you really want talk about something explain to mean how Miami has never won the ACC in the regular season or played for their own conference title.



I almost forgot. That Charlies Weis talent that he recruited put a beating on yall in that bowl game this year vs Notre Dame :greetings10:

I'm tired of clowing your dumb a.ss, but it was fun.


Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 06-29-2011 at 11:59 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #8443
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$13,503 | Props total: 1131 1131


That gator thread is a ghost town
 6 years ago '04        #8444
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
I remember when the gator thread started... it was 1000bluntz who started that sh*t and thank goodness that f*ggot has been long gone. He was the only one talking to himself then
 6 years ago '04        #8445
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 Deeangoe said:


ohh nothing new to see here guys,

keep it moving

Nope, nothing strange to see there. It's a erryday thing.


Wonder how many former gators and noles are working out back with in their schools
 6 years ago '05        #8446
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$8,651 | Props total: 318 318
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:


That gator thread is a ghost town
Just like Miami's football program has been since they joined the ACC
 6 years ago '05        #8447
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$8,651 | Props total: 318 318
 P. Dedos said:
why have all busts/nobodies come back


anyways they had like two of them drafted in the whole draft last year


i hope alot of those kids got a diploma
@ talking about players being drafted after you guys came off a 6 loss season and getting ran off the field by Notre Dame and their freshman QB
 6 years ago '05        #8448
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
@ this n*gga having to come in the Canes thread if he wants to get a reply.
 07-01-2011, 12:57 AM         #8449
db305  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lil Jay 05 said:
I am not threatened at all my friend. You are agreeing with basically everything and I am saying and trying to put your own spin on it. Who cares if they passed the ball a lot. It was still effective. You totally looked passed Notre Dames terrible defense and put all the blame on the offense . If you really want talk about something explain to mean how Miami has never won the ACC in the regular season or played for their own conference title.



I almost forgot. That Charlies Weis talent that he recruited put a beating on yall in that bowl game this year vs Notre Dame :greetings10:

I'm tired of clowing your dumb a.ss, but it was fun.
You have the same debating skills as a 7 year old. You base your argument on an inference that you made without looking at the stats or flat-out ignoring them. And once you do realize that you've lost the f!ght and look like an idiot, you just turtle up and try to change the subject. I never defended Miami's record nor have I once made any comparison to the Gators on conference titles, or even national championships since the mid 2000s (because it's pretty obvious that it's what you want to gloat). Florida has been the better team in a stronger conference, the stats don't lie. I'm here to shut down your stupid logic that Charlie Weis' offense was not the juggernaut you seem to think it has been after Quinn and that it's not a miracle system that will let UF win immediately. Here's how I'll do it:

First, I will quote your original argument:
"Offense was never a problem for Notre Dame you dumb fu*k, the defense could never stop anyone" -Post 9624, June 29, 2011 @9:31PM
"You totally looked passed Notre Dames terrible defense and put all the blame on the offense" -Post 9628, June 30, 2011 @4:59AM

Next, I'll restate some statistics from my previous post:
"Notre Dame was 119th in total offense in 2007 (115th ranked rushing and 110th passing) and 65th in 2008 (101st rushing/34th passing). They got up to 8th nationally in Weis' last year (2009) because they threw the ball 37 times a game since they couldn't run with their 84th ranked rushing offense. They also had 4 500+ yard games against Washington (70th total defense), Washington State (118th), Nevada (54th), and Navy (75th) in 2009."

Now I will put down some more statistics:
Notre Dame 2007- Total Offense: 119th, Total Defense: 39th
Notre Dame 2008- Total Offense: 65th, Total Defense: 39th
Notre Dame 2009- Total Offense: 8th, Total Defense: 86th

And finally make a conclusion based on statistics:
In Notre Dame's post-Quinn years, their total defense was better than over 65% of all Division 1A (FBS) Schools in 2007 (3-9) and 2008 (7-6) while their offense was 119th (aka dead last) and 65th (better than 45% of FBS schools). The only year that your reasoning explaining Notre Dame's struggles actually occurred was in 2009 (6-6). So even if I give you that one, you're still 66% wrong.

Since you realized that you were stupid to say that a stellar coordinator would translate to great head coach, you stopped arguing that point. Once I brought up Quinn's prior years, you stopped arguing that point. So I'm guessing that all you'll do now is call me an idiot without giving any sort of backup other than your opinion.


Last edited by db305; 07-01-2011 at 01:11 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #8450
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$8,651 | Props total: 318 318
 db305 said:
You have the same debating skills as a 7 year old. You base your argument on an inference that you made without looking at the stats or flat-out ignoring them. And once you do realize that you've lost the f!ght and look like an idiot, you just turtle up and try to change the subject. I never defended Miami's record nor have I once made any comparison to the Gators on conference titles, or even national championships since the mid 2000s (because it's pretty obvious that it's what you want to gloat). Florida has been the better team in a stronger conference, the stats don't lie. I'm here to shut down your stupid logic that Charlie Weis' offense was not the juggernaut you seem to think it has been after Quinn and that it's not a miracle system that will let UF win immediately. Here's how I'll do it:

First, I will quote your original argument:
"Offense was never a problem for Notre Dame you dumb fu*k, the defense could never stop anyone" -Post 9624, June 29, 2011 @9:31PM
"You totally looked passed Notre Dames terrible defense and put all the blame on the offense" -Post 9628, June 30, 2011 @4:59AM

Next, I'll restate some statistics from my previous post:
"Notre Dame was 119th in total offense in 2007 (115th ranked rushing and 110th passing) and 65th in 2008 (101st rushing/34th passing). They got up to 8th nationally in Weis' last year (2009) because they threw the ball 37 times a game since they couldn't run with their 84th ranked rushing offense. They also had 4 500+ yard games against Washington (70th total defense), Washington State (118th), Nevada (54th), and Navy (75th) in 2009."

Now I will put down some more statistics:
Notre Dame 2007- Total Offense: 119th, Total Defense: 39th
Notre Dame 2008- Total Offense: 65th, Total Defense: 39th
Notre Dame 2009- Total Offense: 8th, Total Defense: 86th

And finally make a conclusion based on statistics:
In Notre Dame's post-Quinn years, their total defense was better than over 65% of all Division 1A (FBS) Schools in 2007 (3-9) and 2008 (7-6) while their offense was 119th (aka dead last) and 65th (better than 45% of FBS schools). The only year that your reasoning explaining Notre Dame's struggles actually occurred was in 2009 (6-6). So even if I give you that one, you're still 66% wrong.

Since you realized that you were stupid to say that a stellar coordinator would translate to great head coach, you stopped arguing that point. Once I brought up Quinn's prior years, you stopped arguing that point. So I'm guessing that all you'll do now is call me an idiot without giving any sort of backup other than your opinion.
Looking at stats are overrated. Stats do not tell half the story you idiot. You are posting 2007 stats of an offense with incoming freshman who did not touch campus until late June. What's the point of that? You name me a freshman QB who did not take any lumps in their first year of playing.

2007 was Jimmy Clausens first year with Notre Dame. You're expecting a freshman right out of high school to come in throw 40 TDs like he did his senior year in high school? You said it yourself learning a pro-style offense is hard to learn, but you have to nerve to post the stats of an offense with an incoming freshman and expect him to win the Heisman his first season in college He threw 7 TD's and 6 INT's 1200 yards.

2008 You can see that Jimmy made huge strides which improved the offense from ranked 119 to 65. 25 TD's 17 Int's 3,100 yards passing. His INTs went up due to him being a huge risk taker.

2009 He attempted 15 less passes than he did his junior season and threw for 28 TD's and only 4 Int's. He led them to being the 8th best offense in the country. I am not even going to bring up his QB rating over his three career at Notre Dame Mr. Stat man

Now on to Brady Quinn, Brady Quinn's second season was better than his freshman year, but when Weis got there he had Brady throwing up some crazy numbers. If you think Charlie Weis did not help out Brady any you are fool.

2005 Junior Season 109 QB rating that was almost 30 more points that his sophmore season . 32 Touchdowns 7Int's. He threw 15 more touchdowns and 3 less INTs. 2006 his senior season QB rating dropped 5 points, but threw 37TDs 5 more than his Jr. season and the INTs stayed the same.

Let me draw my Conclusion. When you research stats, they do not tell whole story. Stats do not take in the fact of how someone is inexperinced at another level of football. But stats do show the improvement that someone has had over there career beginning from their freshman year.

When you try use stats in an arguement you need to have reasoning into what you are saying instead of throwing up numbers and making it seem as if you are right just because of the numbers only, you need to go in depth. You need evidence that backs you up, not just the number. I thought you may have learned this in college when you took Statistics, but obviously you didn't Or did you not take statistics in college?

Now carry on with your life.


[video - click to view]



Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 07-01-2011 at 09:26 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #8451
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
avatar space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
DB305

Straight ether, these gator fans siced as fu*k over nothing
 6 years ago '05        #8452
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$8,651 | Props total: 318 318
 ttime236 said:
DB305

Straight ether, these gator fans siced as fu*k over nothing
How did he ether me? His stats did not even go into detail about anything He just posted some numbers and that was it.

All he did was contradict himself the whole time.

How can you compare a Spread offense to a pro-style offense. There are two totally different things. Florida had speed and play-makers at every position. Charlie did not have that at Notre Dame, no game changers at all.

He turned Jeff Samardzija into a star. He was nothing before Weis got there.


Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 07-01-2011 at 10:33 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #8453
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$13,503 | Props total: 1131 1131


He's such a great coach but got the boot


Explain that he did nothing at notre dame but.underachieve and with weak schedules. Everyone sees notre dame games they have a contract with NBC.

Lol at giving charlies offense props against them weak a.ss defenses....n*ggas offense was sh*t against good squads which is why hes a coordinator at florida. Lets Be Real
 6 years ago '07        #8454
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$13,503 | Props total: 1131 1131
n*ggas gettin props for moving backwards....
 6 years ago '05        #8455
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$8,651 | Props total: 318 318
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:


He's such a great coach but got the boot


Explain that he did nothing at notre dame but.underachieve and with weak schedules. Everyone sees notre dame games they have a contract with NBC.

Lol at giving charlies offense props against them weak a.ss defenses....n*ggas offense was sh*t against good squads which is why hes a coordinator at florida. Lets Be Real
I am not saying that he was no deserving of getting fired from Notre Dame. Like I said before, those years he had with Quinn and Clausens sophmore and junior season his offenses were good. Defense was a problem and that under his watch even if he did only coach offense.

At Florida he is going to get the best talent compared to what he had at Notre Dame. Now he has speed to do things on the offensive side of the ball.
 6 years ago '07        #8456
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$13,503 | Props total: 1131 1131
so they goin to oregon for they bi*ches and spread this U Movement
 6 years ago '07        #8457
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$13,503 | Props total: 1131 1131
Ill check on scout

The premium pass has been good these past couple weeks
 6 years ago '07        #8458
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$13,503 | Props total: 1131 1131
LB Josh Witt Has Committed To The U
 6 years ago '07        #8459
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$13,503 | Props total: 1131 1131
What to Like: Josh Witt was one of the top defensive players on a very good Cypress Bay defense in 2010. A former quarterback, Witt brings a lot of passion and energy to the position. He has a good motor that never stops going and that enables him to make a lot of plays from the backside. From a foootball IQ standpoint, he has a lot of what you look for. He can drop into coverage, rush the passer, and do some different things. And at 6-foot-2 and 210 pounds, he has the size of a BCS linebacker already and he's about to start his senior year of high school.
What May Concern you: Athletically, he's not going to jump out at you. Sure, he runs well but there's still a question on how well he can drop into coverage, change directions, and things like that. He makes a lot of plays rushing upfield and getting after the quarterback so it's unclear how well he'll make the transition to playing in space at the college level.

Bottom Line: Another commitment for the Miami Hurricanes and another local kid who is being lightly recruited. With BCS offers from West Virginia and Minnesota, Witt wasn't considered a major prospect. Recruited like a low three-star prospect, Witt gives Miami four linebacker commitments (Keith Brown, Raphael Kirby, and Reggie Northrup). The Canes will likely take one more there and be done.


 6 years ago '05        #8460
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 P. Dedos said:




plus stephon diggs is his bestfriend and teamate too
That's what I like the most about this. Golden needs to make this happen and get both to UM. Don't know how people feel about stars but Scout lists both as 5-stars.. Brown is 4 on Rivals
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 39
Mr. Owl, how many strokes does it take to bust that phat juicy booty?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 33
Believe it or not: Jaden Smith's Album Syre IS FLAMES!
176 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 31
Nov 19 - FDA Announces Vaccines Cause Autism?
148 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside Yall think this True Tesla vs Bugatti
34 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 16
Tracee Eliss ROSS American music awards ass!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj angers Native American Feminists
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside For the og's. What's her face from Black-ish looking like fine wine ou..
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
It's Official: Justice League flops with $96 million opening Weekend
184 comments
1 day ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy