70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
154 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 02-06-2007, 05:42 PM         #821
dade4sho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rankings dont mean nothing,its all about coaching..................................
 02-06-2007, 05:43 PM         #822
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
Check out Greg Olsen Dominate the Skills Challenge..Video at the bottom

Daaaaaaammmnnnnn :jawdrop:

Olsen was Ballllin

Dude is so athletic.... even for a white guy

J/K
 10 years ago '04        #823
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
My boy Olsen doing his thang for them scouts... can't wait for the combine and the pro day....

sh*t if only Kyle Wright could've hit him most of the times we woulda win more games...
 02-06-2007, 07:43 PM         #824
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That obstacle course looked fun as hell... I wonder what we would time in on that sh*t
 10 years ago '04        #825
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
Homestead's Nicolas signs on with Hurricanes
By ANDRE C. FERNANDEZ

For over two weeks leading up to today's national signing day, Homestead defensive back and Rutgers verbal commit Joseph Nicolas was rumored to be considering a switch to the University of Miami.

This morning, Nicolas ended the suspense by donning a UM cap and signing an official letter of intent with the Hurricanes.

Nicolas (6-3, 198 pounds), rated a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, was one of seven Homestead players to sign letters of intent today, including five with Division I-A schools at a ceremony at the school's auditorium.
 10 years ago '06        #826
FullTimeHustla 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,642 | Props total: 1 1
Lee Chambers also is a cane
 02-07-2007, 12:10 PM         #827
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 7, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Joseph Nicolas bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Rutgers or Miami?

Miami or Rutgers?

Homestead High School DB Joseph Nicolas went back and forth throughout the recruiting process trying to figure out where he fit in best.

And the Canes came out the winner.

Nicolas, formerly a Rutgers commitment, announced moments ago that he is signing with the Miami Hurricanes.

Nicolas said he informed Cane coaches he was going there last Tuesday. He kept it a secret from the world until today.

"It's close to home, so my family can come see me play," Nicolas said. "Miami's a team I've always wanted to be on. At first I thought they weren't on me, but they came back. I'm real excited about it."

Nicolas, who goes by the nickname "Jo-Jo," says what sold him on Miami was "Really just the teaching, how they prepare. It was just Tim Walton, what he showed me. I already knew how they prepared as far as strength and conditioning. It's how they get freshmen to play early, prepare them, that I really liked."

Nicolas said "early on I really wasn't going to give Miami a chance, but they really showed me how I could be a good player coming to the U. Coach Walton, he showed me it's a place I want to be. We're going to make things happen."

As a senior Nicolas had 32 receptions for over 400 yards with six touchdowns. On defense he had four force fumbles and an interception. He also returned three kicks for touchdowns two against Miami Norland and one against Miami k!llian.

"After that point they wouldn't kick to him anymore," Homestead High coach Bobby McCray said. "We didn't use him there until midway through the season because we also had [other standout recruits] A.J. Guyton and Alphonso Bryant."

During Nicolas' junior year he had 32 receptions for 480 yards and three touchdowns. On defense he had 56 tackles, nine pass breakups and three interceptions.

"I'm [was] recruited for defense by some, offense by some," he said. "Miami wants me on defense at cornerback and free safety."

A tremendous athlete, Nicolas also stars in basketball at Homestead and listed basketball offers from the likes of FAU, Tulsa and UTEP.

"He's the total package," McCray said. "I like his size and his athleticism. I compare him to a Sean Taylor. Sean is bigger than him at this point, but Joseph will leave college at 215, 220 pounds. He's a student of the game.

"He's a big kid and is going to graduate at 17 years of age. So he'll get bigger in college."
 02-07-2007, 12:10 PM         #828
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ebruary 7, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Demarcus VanDyke bioVideo highlights

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Pace High School defensive back Demarcus VanDyke was the center of intense speculation throughout the recruiting season.

Would he be a Cane, where he initially committed?

Would he be a Gator, where he later decommitted to?

In the end he stayed close to home.

Florida coaches were informed yesterday that he was going to UM, and that's where VanDyke signed moments ago.

CaneSport was at his signing ceremony.

VanDyke committed to the Canes in June, then decommitted when coach Larry Coker was fired.

In December he committed to Florida, saying at the time, "From this day forth I consider myself a Florida Gator."

VanDyke simply couldn't pass up Miami's tradition of turning out top football players.

"Miami, that's an NFL factory where everyone wants to go," he said. "There's the past and history Miami had with its defensive backs in the NFL like Sean Taylor, Antrel Rolle, Ed Reed.

"I want to go out and learn the system, be the best I can be at the U."

VanDyke hopes for immediate playing time at UM. He could play receiver or defensive back at the next level, but he is expected to begin on defense.

"[Coach Tim] Walton said I could come in and work to compete," VanDyke said. "He said I could be second team, nickel or dime as a freshman if I go there."

VanDyke finished his senior season with 56 tackles and seven interceptions (one returned for a touchdown). He also caught 21 passes for 417 yards.

As a junior he had 12 passes broken up, four interceptions and two kickoff returns for touchdowns. He played receiver sparingly that year and had eight receptions for 197 yards.

"He has the height that everyone's looking for along with the athleticism and speed," Pace coach Joe Zaccheo said. "He has the combination you rarely find, all the traits that lead to great corner -- height, speed, athleticism and toughness. I think he's one of the best we've produced. He reminds me of (former Cane) Mo Sikes' mentality but with more speed and bigger size. This kid's 6-1 and has the potential to get thick. He's still growing. He's quick and has a better understanding of football than a lot of the kids that have come out in recent years."
 02-07-2007, 12:11 PM         #829
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 7, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
McKenzie bioVideo highlights

Bradenton (Fla.) Bradenton Academy wide receiver Jermaine McKenzie decommitted from Alabama to Miami in mid-December.

And he stayed a Cane during the rest of the recruiting process.

He is a confirmed UM signee.

"That's my dream school," McKenzie said. "I grew up a Miami fan, will always be a Miami fan.

"My cousin [is former Cane] Dyral McMillan. He said he loves it, that it's a nice program with a good tradition."

McKenzie committed to UM Dec. 13 during an in-home visit with receivers coach Marquis Mosely.

"Coach Mosely -- he offered me, asked me was I ready to tell coach [Randy] Shannon that I wanted to go to their program," McKenzie said. "I said `Yes, sir.' He said `Welcome to the family.'

A 6-foot-3, 170-pounder with 4.41-second speed, McKenzie is ranked the No. 13 wide receiver prospect in nation by Rivals.com. He is ranked No. 31 regardless of position in Florida.

As a senior McKenzie played mostly wing back in his school's Wing-T offense and had 33 rushes for 345 yards and four touchdowns, adding 17 receptions for 380 yards and four more scores.

He also had seven punt returns for touchdowns. Four more scoring returns were called back due to penalty.

"He's extremely explosive," Bradent Prep coach Brad Johnson said. "He's almost 6-3 and is real long, has long arms, a great vertical leap. If you can get the ball in his hands, he just explodes. He averaged 20 yards every time he touched the ball for us whether it was run, catch or punt return."

McKenzie has earned comparisons to a young Chad Johnson from his coaching staff.

"He's just a real natural," Brad Johnson said. "He played a lot of football through youth league, has phenomenal talent."

McKenzie had offers from programs like Florida State, Auburn, West Virginia and Kansas in addition to Alabama.

CaneSport Magazine publishes 25 times a year, 10 glossy monthly printed issues and 15 online or Gameday Issues for a subscription price of $54.95. An online only subscription or a printed magazine only subscription is $39.95. Call 1-800-635-2263 or visit CaneSportmagazine.com
 02-07-2007, 12:11 PM         #830
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 7, 2007

Related Links:
Robert Marve bioVideo highlights

Tampa (Fla.) Plant High School quarterback Robert Marve committed to the Canes Jan. 31 and CaneSport.com has confirmed that he has now signed his letter of intent.

He is the quarterback of the future for Miami.

And, it appears, he has a very bright future.

Plant High head coach Robert Weiner compares Marve to a couple of NFL greats.

"His intelligence and knowledge of our offense is like Peyton Manning," Weiner said. "And the escapability and the confidence in his ability to make plays is like Brett Favre.

"Robert as a player is a once-in-a-lifetime type player. You don't come across guys like him too often."

Marve was a solid Alabama commitment until coach Mike Shula was fired.

After that he decided to take a visit to Miami the weekend of Jan. 20. On that visit was a Cane commitment and close friend wide receiver Jermaine McKenzie.

In the end a little prodding from McKenzie and a helpful UM staff gave the Canes a standout quarterback prospect.

"Alabama, the situation changed a little bit [when Shula was fired] and opened it back up," Marve said. "Miami came up."

Marve proved this year that he's a big-time playmaker.

He set a state record with 4,372 passing yards and 48 touchdowns this season. He was intercepted 13 times.

In the state title game he helped his team to victory with 30 of 46 completions for 305 yard and three scores.

As a junior, he passed for 1,813 yards and 14 touchdowns on 103 of 187 passing. He also rushed for 393 yards and three scores.

He began starting as a sophomore, when he threw for 903 yards and seven scores.

"As a player I feel I am a pro-style quarterback that can sit back in the pocket, read the progression and if nothing is there, I can tuck in the ball and run it pretty good," said Marve, a 6-foot-2, 185-pounder who runs the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds.

He boasts a 240-pound bench press, 315-pound squat and 26-inch vertical jump.

* Marve's father, Eugene, played 12 seasons as a linebacker in the National Football League for the Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
 02-07-2007, 12:15 PM         #831
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
February 7, 2007

Related Links:
Lee Chambers bioVideo highlights

A week ago Coffeeville (MS) High School tailback Lee Chambers said the Canes had a slight lead.

He said it wasn't a big enough lead for him to say he'd be signing with Miami.

This morning it was big enough.

He will be attending Miami.

In reality, Chambers had committed to coach Randy Shannon a week ago but kept the news quiet.

"I told him last Wednesday and he was very excited, was happy to have me on board, was like `We're going to work to win championships,'" Chambers said.

Why did Chambers choose the Canes?

"I just figured there comes a point in time where if you want to do something big with your life you have to step out of your comfort zone in order to accomplish it," Chambers said. "And at Miami I'm sure I'll get a lot more accomplished than being in Mississippi. Miami has a tradition of winning, is a very prestigious college. I want to put myself with the elite."

Chambers hopes to work his way into some immediate playing time.

"They see me as not just a running back, but an all-purpose back who can do kickoff and punt returns, line up in the slot, do it all -- catch the ball out of the backfield," Chambers said. "Coaches said I'll be playing as a true freshman. But everyone knows to play as a true freshman it all depends on how you come in and your work ethic."

Chambers was a Mississippi State commitment for much of the recruiting process.

He first received a UM offer in April.

Chambers finished his senior season with 1,325 yards and 19 touchdowns.

As a junior he had 178 rushing attempts for 1,543 yards with 19 touchdowns. On defense at linebacker and safety he had 57 tackles, a sack and an interception return for a touchdown.
 10 years ago '05        #832
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
^^^^^ good sh*t ra'
 02-07-2007, 12:42 PM         #833
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The best intelligence I have is that Deonte got very little sleep last night and that the strongest liklihood is that he will go with his heart and sign with Miami. I am told he has received a.ssurances that getting the football in the new Nix offense will not be an issue. That was a big concern because receivers have not been getting the ball very much in recent years. FSU and Florida will not give up until the end. But right now, I think this is tilting in Miami's favor. BTW, Randy Phillips has been working this one hard and gets a big a.ssist.

From da Miami board.. Take it for what its worth
 10 years ago '05        #834
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
^^^ sucks ima be at work and wont find out till 10, who deonte signs with
 10 years ago '04        #835
SOULJA63 
space
space
space
$4,096 | Props total: 5 5
Baby James going to Rep now!!!
Immokalee aka I-Town
 02-07-2007, 01:34 PM         #836
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ebruary 7, 2007
Hankerson hoping for immediate playing time

Related Links:
Hankerson bioVideo highlights

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas High School wide receiver Leonard Hankerson has signed with the Hurricanes.

If he can qualify he has a good chance at immediate playing time at Miami considering the team's depleted receiver corps.

A 6-foot-3, 197-pounder with 4.5-second speed, Hankerson had 39 receptions for 803 yards and 14 touchdowns this year. That includes an 85-yard, one-touchdown performance in the team's overtime state championship loss.

He began getting serious college interest as a junior, when he had 28 receptions for 606 yards. Half of his catches that year went for touchdowns, with the long a 56-yard score against Atlantic High School.

"I'm going to go down there and be the best I can be, work hard and try to start," said Hankerson, who says he hears comparisons to Michael Irvin in his playing style. "I'll do what I have to on and off the field.

"Miami coaches said if I come in and work hard I can compete for immediate playing time."

In the end he picked Miami over Ohio State. He also gave consideration to programs like Michigan and Georgia.

Hankerson says a reason he picked Miami is he bonded with Shannon.

"I have a son [Leonard III, who is one year old], and coach Shannon talked about the stuff he's been through. ... He got down to business and told me what was going on with the program," Hankerson said. "We just talked about how he's going to turn the team around, what kind of players are coming in, how many receivers are coming back.

"He was talking a lot about classroom work. I said I want to major in business, and he said during the off-season they have players that work in downtown Miami and he expects me to work hard in the classroom."

Hankerson lists a 2.5 grade-point average but says he needs 70 more points on the SAT to qualify academically.
 10 years ago '06        #837
YERCELL 
space
space
$3,970 | Props total: 0 0
Good looks Rakim...I'd never hear this sh*t up here in Minnesota.
 02-07-2007, 02:01 PM         #838
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '06        #839
FullTimeHustla 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,642 | Props total: 1 1
wtf am i reading this right, on ESPN they said miami has the 5th best class in the ACC
 02-07-2007, 02:18 PM         #840
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FullTimeHustla said:
wtf am i reading this right, on ESPN they said miami has the 5th best class in the ACC

ESPN is retarded everywhere else has Miami as the best in the ACC
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
22 hours ago