Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside ARIANA GRANDE and MADONNA TWERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 2 - Girl who was bullied kills herself in front of her family
45 comments
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Conor McGregor Speaks on Boxing License & Next Move
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-25-2010, 11:58 AM         #8321
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here's my question:

IF, and that's a big IF, Jon Gruden IS interested, why in the hell would you keep a struggling coach on board?

With Gruden's resume? He would immediately be one of the best offensive coaches in college football. Would do wonders for Jacory, Morris, whoever at the QB position. Would bring in a great NFL defensive guy, seeing how he probably know's many, to be our D-Coordinator.

I'm sorry, I just find this extremely idiotic to pass up IF there is interest from Gruden.
 6 years ago '07        #8322
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 dipset kid0221 said:
yea I agree I just hope this time it doesn't end up being a Patrick Johnson/Peterson situation with him and he stays on board
Lol Im still salty about that whole deal. Petersen is IMO the best defensive prospect while Harris has been pretty solid Wished we couldve pulled both, I hate how lsu got Petersen

On the coaching tip tho, I agree with a earlier comment. If we do get a new coach, we need to clean house. Randy is responsible for some of lack of preparation and development, but Ill be damned if some of these positions coaches arent the reason kids are not reaching their potential

Bottomline its still canes all day, Im just hoping we get this s**t right and the talent doesnt go to waste:cool-smiley-009:
 6 years ago '05        #8323
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
Morris will start Saturday, Harris not happy
by: Steve Gorten November 24th, 2010 | 3:37 PM

CORAL GABLES — Miami Hurricanes quarterback Jacory Harris has known all week that he won’t start against South Florida this Saturday and privately “is not taking it well,” a source close to the situation said Wednesday.

The source said that the coaching staff told Harris Sunday night that Stephen Morris would make his fourth consecutive start in the final regular season game.

Coach Randy Shannon said after Wednesday’s practice he had not yet made a decision and wouldn’t until at least after Thursday morning’s practice.

As was the case Tuesday, Morris took the snaps with the first team during drills Wednesday and Harris worked with the second team.

Shannon was vague when asked about how Harris has looked this week, specifically with his timing and rhythm.

“Both quarterbacks did a good job in practice today. You keep getting those guys going,” Shannon said. “They’re flying around, doing a good job with the offense. The more those guys keep getting better, the [better] we’ll be. We’ll work [Thursday] on them and then we’ll make a decision.”

Asked again about Harris’ performances in practice, Shannon said, “Like I said earlier, both quarterbacks are getting better. He’s better, but he’s still the same. I’m not going to sit up here and say, ‘OK, this guy is doing this, this guy is doing that.’

“The thing we have to make sure is that whoever’s practicing the best gets the best opportunity. I hate to say it this way. You want to get a definite answer, but it ain’t a definite.”

Shannon said Sunday during his weekly day-after-game session with the media that Harris, who hasn’t played since sustaining a concussion Oct. 30 at Virginia, had been cleared medically. He said Harris “should be ready to go” against USF and “if he’s ready, he’s the starter as always.” Harris was in full uniform Saturday against Virginia Tech for the first time since the concussion.

“He probably could have [played], but we weren’t going to do it because he was not used to the timing and all those stuff,” Shannon said Sunday. “Look for him probably to play this week because his timing [will be] back…just getting used to all the little things, nuances and stuff.”

A few hours later, Shannon contacted media to clarify his remarks. He said Harris would start only if everything went well in practice this week. The junior only started practicing again last week. Offensive coordinator Mark Whipple has simplified the offense and relied on the run more than earlier this season and it has helped Morris’ success.

While the true freshman threw three interceptions on UM’s final three drives against Virginia Tech and was just 3-for-16 for 34 yards in the second half, he has mostly played well while showing unexpected poise.

In 14 quarters of action in Harris’ absence, Morris is 52-for-103 for 880 yards, 5 TD and 7 INT. He has a passer efficiency rating of 124.68. He also has rushed for 64 yards and a TD.

“Stephen has done a good job. It shows you have a guy that can come in and win games for you if some circumstance happened again,” Shannon said Sunday. “It was good to give him all those reps, good for him to get in some tough situations and crucial situations.”

Morris’ success has set up a quarterback competition in the spring. Departing senior tailback Damien Berry is curious how it’ll unfold.

“That will be very interesting,” Berry said. “I’m waiting to see what’s going to happen with that one. It’ll be very interesting to see both of them compete because they’re two different styles of quarterbacks. I want to see what happens.”

Added Berry, “That’s the goal, to put you into that fire and see how you come out. Some people break, some people fall. But most of the time, if you’re here, you’re going to step up to the plate.”

Shannon noted on the weekly ACC conference call Tuesday that “this is the first time since Robert Marve was here [Harris’ freshman year] that he’s had somebody to push him where he needs to go.

“Stephen and him talk a lot, communicate a lot,” Shannon said. “It’s a competition factor of him staying on top of his game…not feeling the heat, just knowing you have somebody by you that’s just as good as you that wants to work just as hard as you. It’s been a great cohesive deal between those guys that should really work out well.”

During the one time Morris has been allowed to speak to the media, he expressed admiration of Harris and said he tries to emulate Harris’ poise on the field. He said before his first career start against Maryland that he hoped Harris would be on the sideline for support. Harris was there, and traveled with the team to Georgia Tech the next week.

Teammates and Shannon have repeatedly lauded Harris for actively supporting Morris.

“Even though he wasn’t playing, he played a valuable role,” Berry said Tuesday. “Jacory was coaching on the sideline. He was telling Stephen what he did wrong, his reads and what he saw, critiquing him from the sideline. Jacory is a big part of our team. Stephen is also, whether on the field or off the field. Both of those guys are great.

“I love the way Jacory hasn’t been selfish or anything. He stepped up and he was a real leader, showed how much he cared about this team being on the sideline coaching.”

— In injury news Wednesday, Shannon said injured DE Marcus Robinson won’t play against USF and there’s only “a 25 percent chance” that DB Cory Nelms will play. Neither has practiced this week. Shannon said LB Kelvin Cain has been ill for about a week and his status is undetermined. The official injury report will be released Thursday.
 6 years ago '05        #8324
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
If Randy Shannon picks freshman Stephen Morris as his starting quarterback Saturday against South Florida he can expect a call from Jacory Harris' father.
Rodney Harris said Wednesday night he has been under the idea his son would retain his starting job once he was cleared to return from a concussion. But what has been reported during the past couple of days, Harris said, has troubled him.
``I didn't think you could lose your job by being hurt,'' Harris said. ``Randy has been saying that since Jacory got hurt. Now, how are you going to open it up for competition late in the year? If they feel that kid is a better quarterback, then they need to tell Jacory that.
``Either way, that still wouldn't be fair. Jacory wasn't allowed to run the offense they're running now. He threw the ball 60 times a game. Put him in a position to succeed, let him run that offense.''
Shannon said this week Harris would start if he did ``everything he's supposed to in practice.'' But Wednesday, Morris took the bulk of the snaps with the first team again.
Afterward, Shannon said he still hadn't made up his mind on a starter and that both did ``a good job in practice.''
``[Jacory's] better, but he's still the same,'' Shannon said. ``I'm not going to sit up here and say `this guy is doing this, this guy is doing that.' The thing we have to do is make sure whoever is practicing the best, gets the best opportunity.'' :budden: tf

Read more:
 6 years ago '05        #8325
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 The Lefty said:
Here's my question:

IF, and that's a big IF, Jon Gruden IS interested, why in the hell would you keep a struggling coach on board?

With Gruden's resume? He would immediately be one of the best offensive coaches in college football. Would do wonders for Jacory, Morris, whoever at the QB position. Would bring in a great NFL defensive guy, seeing how he probably know's many, to be our D-Coordinator.

I'm sorry, I just find this extremely idiotic to pass up IF there is interest from Gruden.
easy, the president of the school donna shalala

as long as randy gets 9 win season, + bowl game
keep the graduation rate high
no negative publicity for the school / arrests / f!ghts / scandals etc etc

randy is doing his job per the presidents statements
 6 years ago '04        #8326
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 Deeangoe said:
If Randy Shannon picks freshman Stephen Morris as his starting quarterback Saturday against South Florida he can expect a call from Jacory Harris' father.
Rodney Harris said Wednesday night he has been under the idea his son would retain his starting job once he was cleared to return from a concussion. But what has been reported during the past couple of days, Harris said, has troubled him.
``I didn't think you could lose your job by being hurt,'' Harris said. ``Randy has been saying that since Jacory got hurt. Now, how are you going to open it up for competition late in the year? If they feel that kid is a better quarterback, then they need to tell Jacory that.
``Either way, that still wouldn't be fair. Jacory wasn't allowed to run the offense they're running now. He threw the ball 60 times a game. Put him in a position to succeed, let him run that offense.''
Shannon said this week Harris would start if he did ``everything he's supposed to in practice.'' But Wednesday, Morris took the bulk of the snaps with the first team again.
Afterward, Shannon said he still hadn't made up his mind on a starter and that both did ``a good job in practice.''
``[Jacory's] better, but he's still the same,'' Shannon said. ``I'm not going to sit up here and say `this guy is doing this, this guy is doing that.' The thing we have to do is make sure whoever is practicing the best, gets the best opportunity.'' :budden: tf

Read more:
This situation is making me think that Shannon knows he better do something to keep his job I think it's scaring him a little bit .... the fact that he ain't starting Jacory over Morris tells me something right there Maybe he sees the writing on the wall and he thinks Morris gives him a better chance to win.

And to be honest, with the way Jacory was playing this season, he deserved to be benched. I think if we knew what we had with Morris, J12 would've been shown the bench during the FSU game. This is the way the U was built. I remember n*ggas like Portis and Najeh, Moss, Sapp, Irvin talking about how you couldn't get injured because the n*gga behind you would take your spot. I'm actually glad this is happening, f**k favoritism. Morris is hands down outplaying jacory right now...stronger arm, no stupid decision making, no lobbing passes to TB with 3 DBs around him...
 6 years ago '04        #8327
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
jon gruden, ay?

interesting:confused2:
 11-25-2010, 07:52 PM         #8328
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
See I don't buy the Shalala bulls**t.

How can you be content with mediocrity? The football team is potentially the biggest cash get for this school, athletics wise, so why lose that?

So what everyone is saying she's content with not making the school money?

I don't get it...
 6 years ago '07        #8329
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
None of us do and thats the problem.

I just think she doesnt wanna admit giving that extension was a bad bad move. No school wants to pay 2 coaches at one time but in our situation and state theres really no other option really. Just gotta bite the bullet and replace him ASAP. We have way to much talent to be sitting unranked and not going to.the ACC championship game. Our team lacks basic fundementals ans some lack heart. Talk to shannon and have him stay as recruiting adviser.

Light the fire and watch us reap the benefits. I cant take these mediocre seasons and a coach that is scared of serious competition. n*gga is fine with where we are now and thats not what we have ever stood for and ill be damned if we settle for it now. We are the f**king university of miami for christ sake.
 6 years ago '05        #8330
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 The Lefty said:
See I don't buy the Shalala bulls**t.

How can you be content with mediocrity? The football team is potentially the biggest cash get for this school, athletics wise, so why lose that?

So what everyone is saying she's content with not making the school money?

I don't get it...
gonna explain why...i am in no way am i defending shalala...i knew back in 2001 when she became the president that she was gonna eventually gonna be the downfall of the football team...while everyone was pointing the fingers at coker in 06, i was pointing it at shalala, now all of the suddent everyones point the finger at her...

fact of the matter is in terms of athletics, the university of miami ranks top 50 in the country in revenue stream - which might seem good but is really not

the athletic department is poor in contrast to some of the other state funded public school, whatever surplus money the football team makes is used to distribute amongst the other not so succesful athletic departments (golf, baseball, tennis etc etc)

the acc teams all evenly distribute money among the bowl attendees, why shalala will always back shannon as long as he gets them there, in comparison with coker, if bryan patas murder, the tunnel f!ght with lsu and mainly the fiu f!ght never happend. coker would probably have still been here, he brought negative publicity and scandal to the university, thats all shalala cares about...hence the fact she never supported billy corbins "The U" because it reminded the world about the troubles, scandals that occured before, same reason she has ordered a cease and desist against bill corbin for removing the U from irvin helmets

another thing is the football team is not the cash cow of the university, that is academics - they get major contributions and donations for their law programs and medical school, which is peanuts compared to what the football team makes, thats why she has so been adament about raising the academic standards of the university, which as the president has done a great job, but at the expense of the football team, by making admission standards for athletes that much harder to get into...main reason why many kids from south florida leave to other schools cuz um just cant recruit them
 6 years ago '07        #8331
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 Deeangoe said:
gonna explain why...i am in no way am i defending shalala...i knew back in 2001 when she became the president that she was gonna eventually gonna be the downfall of the football team...while everyone was pointing the fingers at coker in 06, i was pointing it at shalala, now all of the suddent everyones point the finger at her...

fact of the matter is in terms of athletics, the university of miami ranks top 50 in the country in revenue stream - which might seem good but is really not

the athletic department is poor in contrast to some of the other state funded public school, whatever surplus money the football team makes is used to distribute amongst the other not so succesful athletic departments (golf, baseball, tennis etc etc)

the acc teams all evenly distribute money among the bowl attendees, why shalala will always back shannon as long as he gets them there, in comparison with coker, if bryan patas murder, the tunnel f!ght with lsu and mainly the fiu f!ght never happend. coker would probably have still been here, he brought negative publicity and scandal to the university, thats all shalala cares about...hence the fact she never supported billy corbins "The U" because it reminded the world about the troubles, scandals that occured before, same reason she has ordered a cease and desist against bill corbin for removing the U from irvin helmets

another thing is the football team is not the cash cow of the university, that is academics - they get major contributions and donations for their law programs and medical school, which is peanuts compared to what the football team makes, thats why she has so been adament about raising the academic standards of the university, which as the president has done a great job, but at the expense of the football team, by making admission standards for athletes that much harder to get into...main reason why many kids from south florida leave to other schools cuz um just cant recruit them
Co-sign everything

Read Cane Mutiny, its a book that shows the history of Miami and shows how different we are from the USC's and Georgias.

To be real, the reason we're successful is we can recruit athletes with high ceilings from south florida and develop them into pro bowl level pro players. Most of our best alumni are lower level recruits that showed huge potential.

Our budget aint s**t compared to a major school and those SEC schools budgets are f**king huge compared to our football budget, just the way it is considering miami is a private school. I remember reading how our athletic facilities are like a advanced high school gym and people were begging boosters to help pay for a new one.

Shalala has good intentions, but football is a different animal than academics
 11-26-2010, 09:34 AM         #8332
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's fine.

But a bad football team for this school is bas business. Whatever way you want to look at it...
 6 years ago '04        #8333
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
this offense is f**kING HORRIBLE

0 POINTS AGAINST GARBAGE USF ???

can this midget witch looking b**ch finally fire this "coach"??
 6 years ago '04        #8334
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
This team looks lost today. And deeangoe is right. Like i said um being a private schools puts it at a disadvantage to other schools
 6 years ago '04        #8335
space
space
its so bad that even the espnu announcers are making fun of us
 6 years ago '04        #8336
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
this is horrible.......

couldn't get one yard to get in??

and not only that but we fumble ?? f**k this team
 6 years ago '07        #8337
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
This whole staff needs to be fired ASAP

This is embarrasing
 6 years ago '04        #8338
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
i stopped the stream.

I'm done with this team for the year. I could give three s**ts if we win a bowl or not.

You can tell this team doesn't believe in that coaching staff anymore, the offense doesn't even bother to play.
 6 years ago '04        #8339
space
space
wow.... This is worse than fsu loss
 6 years ago '04        #8340
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
This whole staff needs to be fired ASAP

This is embarrasing
Just keep Petri and maybe Lovett.

Petri's the only coach whose prescence changed something in this team.

But I would start with Shannon all the way to even swayse.

santana moss and all the other former hurricanes can go ahead and have him as their personal trainer but this is ridiculous already.

usf is handling us physically.... what a surprise
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
82 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
181 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
133 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside J.Cole "For Your Eyez Only" [Official Discussion/Anticipation]
313 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Budden calls Hov his idol on IG,
59 comments
1 day ago